PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know where to write this. Empathy.

CuriousVagabond
20-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Anyone that can pick up on others energies, emotions, and personalities... do you ever feel completely drained and have a horrible headache after being in a crowd of diverse persons? I went to the city today because there was a big social event, I became drained, tingly, and had a headache the majority of the time. Now, I am home and the headache is near a migraine and I feel utterly weak. I'm about to go take a bath and hope that that soothes my energy. I feel dirty inside, to be honest.

nightowl
20-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Yes, I have experienced this type of thing as well. Are you familiar with shielding and protection methods? They can help you protect from the influence of other peoples energy.

blackraven had posted this link on another thread on empaths it may help you with shielding info

http://empathic.net/

There are even some crystals that can help with this. I am not sure which ones but if you check the crystal threads you might find your answer there.

nightowl

SunMist
20-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Yes, you have to take deliberate steps to deal with the energy coming in or it can get pretty nasty. Sometimes even when you try to do everything right it's still a pain - a few days ago I woke up nauseous and later found out it wasn't mine but belonged to a family member a thousand miles away - gee thanks a lot. Makes it hard for me to be sympathetic for them sometimes.

But about your problems there are two angles to management:
1) Get proactive about prevention. Set up shields to shield out others energies or at least the negative part of them. Some stones help with shielding by reinforcing the auric boundary such as labradorite and boji stones.

2) Set up a regular daily practice to cleanse your energies of anything that got through. Visualizations to cleanse your energy and physical actions such as dead sea salt baths and smudging with sage.

Lightspirit
20-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Anyone that can pick up on others energies, emotions, and personalities... do you ever feel completely drained and have a horrible headache after being in a crowd of diverse persons? I went to the city today because there was a big social event, I became drained, tingly, and had a headache the majority of the time. Now, I am home and the headache is near a migraine and I feel utterly weak. I'm about to go take a bath and hope that that soothes my energy. I feel dirty inside, to be honest. Yes, yes, yes I hate this. shopping centers and crowds drain me. If I walk through a market fair fair, I wil feel drained sometimes and like you said bad inside like filthy feeling. I am glad you posted this, I thought it was just me. You should see the expressons on peoples faces when i try explaining it.

CuriousVagabond
20-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I've just over the passed few months realized how sensitive I can be to things like this, so all advice helps. I work with the protecting white light, but I don't believe I have it down just yet.. I will be out and purchase some dead sea salt today! Wonderful advice... I need to own some anyway. I never thought about using stones to protect my aura, I will definitely look deeper in to that as well, maybe I have a few I've collected already! Sage is wonderful advice, too I have some, just never thought to use it. The bath last night helped a lot, but I used an herbal remedy in the bath that had chamomile, rosehips, peppermint, and some other things in it. I felt so refreshed and without migraine after! Water has such a healing property to it, itself.
And I completely understand LightworkerAU, most people around here, I wouldn't be able to explain this to. Some people don't even believe in Energy, here... which I find slightly off. Haha..

CuriousVagabond
20-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Thank you all!:color:

Prokopton
20-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Anyone that can pick up on others energies, emotions, and personalities... do you ever feel completely drained and have a horrible headache after being in a crowd of diverse persons?

Of course it's totally normal. Bath does help, but if you want more kick in it try one of the cleansing baths in Draja Mickaharic's Spiritual Cleansing book (http://www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Cleansing-Handbook-Psychic-Protection/dp/1578632781/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305921041&sr=1-1). Loads of other protective measures in there too. Showers are great also, esp. if you turn them cooler for 30 secs towards the end, visualizing showering off the negative emotions, then back to warm again to finish, plus clean clothes afterwards.

If you get full self knowledge about your psyche and what is triggered, especially if you also have strong chi/prana all the way through your system, this stuff no longer happens. But until then it happens! And it is best to carefully cleanse it away...

seeker2011
20-05-2011, 08:34 PM
I understand the 'dirty' part.
Sometimes I say,"reading some else's mind is like wearing their dirty shirt. It stinks."

mac
20-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Props aren't effective other than they may help you focus - their action is only in this regard.

You're a 'sensitive' and some sensitives react in the way you do to the situations you've described. A greater understanding and some training in how to better deal with these situations would help - props probably won't.

You're wide-open to all the dross that's around and affecting you. Learning how to close yourself down would be of most help.

SunMist
20-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Au contraire, mac! Some props do help strengthen intention and guide the effects of one's attention. For example, the first time I put on my labradorite ring shortly after I bought it in the mall it was as if a cone of silence had slipped over me. I could look at people but not feel them. I was not holding high hopes for this stone any more than the dozens of others I had tried that hadn't worked. Its help is real.

I'd still like to hear your advice though on how to "close down" without props...what do you do?

mac
20-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Au contraire, mac! Some props do help strengthen intention and guide the effects of one's attention. For example, the first time I put on my labradorite ring shortly after I bought it in the mall it was as if a cone of silence had slipped over me. I could look at people but not feel them. I was not holding high hopes for this stone any more than the dozens of others I had tried that hadn't worked. Its help is real.

I'd still like to hear your advice though on how to "close down" without props...what do you do?
Ne pas "au contraire" - you're doing the very thing I suggested. Your props are a focus for your own attributes no matter what you think you thought. No-one buys a prop without a positive expectation - why else would you even consider getting such a thing? One worked, others didn't. There's no science attached to the material objects which led to that.

You feel you can't close down without your props? That's fine, they work for you but they have no power in themselves and are not necessary unless you have attributed them that power. If you believe you can't do it without then you'll fulfill your own prophecy.

But it's you who's doing the closing down - did you really believe it was down to the props? :wink:

spirit72
20-05-2011, 11:06 PM
I used to, until I realised I was a "sensitive" I have now learnt to protect myself from other leeching my energy...

Learn to push your aura out it a crowded space...
Step inside a protective bubble of protection, before going out...
Ground yourself out...
Take a long relaxing "sea salt bath" when you get home, it cleanses the aura and draws out impurities in the body...

Had one myself tonight MMmmmmm feel great:D

Prokopton
20-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Props aren't effective other than they may help you focus - their action is only in this regard.

More to it than that. (http://lightningoak.wordpress.com/)

spirit72
20-05-2011, 11:37 PM
OMG! Mac
Never though I would agree with you BUT LOL
I also think thought is your power not a prop, a prop is just something to spark the mind, were the thought was enough to begin with:rolleyes: but if someone needs a prop so be it, it will dawn on them sooner or later thought will indeed be enough.

Ne pas "au contraire" - you're doing the very thing I suggested. Your props are a focus for your own attributes no matter what you think you thought. No-one buys a prop without a positive expectation - why else would you even consider getting such a thing? One worked, others didn't. There's no science attached to the material objects which led to that.

You feel you can't close down without your props? That's fine, they work for you but they have no power in themselves and are not necessary unless you have attributed them that power. If you believe you can't do it without then you'll fulfill your own prophecy.

But it's you who's doing the closing down - did you really believe it was down to the props? :wink:

SeekingTheShift
20-05-2011, 11:39 PM
CuriousVagabond… Keep searching for methods of shielding and protection that resonant. Combine several if it feels right to do so and don’t be surprised if your method changes from time to time.

You have received some great suggestions. I would like the share a simple method of shielding I like. You can bring this shield up anywhere and anytime.

Imagine a bubble around you. This bubble covers you completely. From below your feet, beyond your fingertips, above your head, front to back, side to side. Don’t leave anything sticking out. I ask to fill this bubble with the energy of Divine Source. (Use any name you want… God, Goddess… there are plenty of names to choose from… pick one.) Sometimes I also choose an additional color depending on my mood.

For me, the shield is like a beautiful soap bubble. Light, flexible with a shiny surface. The iridescent surface is like a mirror that reflects away any undesired energies or anything that is less than light. You can create the bubble with your intention alone.

Here is a fun bonus… If another person’s energy is really bothering you… place a bubble around them that lasts while they are in your company. Fill it with pink light… love, light and all that good stuff. When they find themselves surrounded with what they are putting out they usually will mosey along. No harm is done.

Mac.. I understand that everyone is different and may not require props, tools or rituals. Others find comfort with them and as you pointed out they assist with focusing their intent.

There is no wrong way to bring in the light and protection. Use what ever works and enjoy the results. On occasion I enjoy clearing the house with sage. I may do double duty while in the shower and set the intent to wash away any old energies that I feel need clearing leaving me feeling clear and balanced.

As for crystals and stones. I find them lovely and helpful. We are of the Earth as are crystals and minerals. They resonant and sing with individual energy. Two of my favorites are amethyst and black tourmaline. Selenite is a lovely stone for clearing.

Hugs, hope and blessings all around.

SunMist
21-05-2011, 02:06 AM

I am not convinced as I've tried other stones and methods with the same expectation or greater and not had the same results, there is more at work here....we may have to agree to disagree on this one. :rolleyes:

And you didn't answer my question, how do you close down your energy with no props OR visualizations?

mac
21-05-2011, 07:06 AM
"And you didn't answer my question, how do you close down your energy with no props OR visualizations?"

By using one's intent - I have never needed visualisation or props from the very early times when I was taught that I did need them - but found them unnecessary and distracting.

But you should always use what feels right for you. In time you, too, may find them unneeded.....

Lisa
21-05-2011, 02:32 PM
One only needs to shield themselves when God is taking a lunch break.

SunMist
21-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi Mac, thanks for your answer I suspected you'd just say intent. I think there's got to be more to the story or it would be a simple matter for every empath to just will it and the energies to stop coming in. In any case, I'll keep my labradorite for now!

Greenslade
21-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Anyone that can pick up on others energies, emotions, and personalities... do you ever feel completely drained and have a horrible headache after being in a crowd of diverse persons? I went to the city today because there was a big social event, I became drained, tingly, and had a headache the majority of the time. Now, I am home and the headache is near a migraine and I feel utterly weak. I'm about to go take a bath and hope that that soothes my energy. I feel dirty inside, to be honest.

Quite the opposite.

Energy does what it does best, it flows from here to there and around again. When we hold onto it, it stagnates like the water behind the damn. For me, sensing other people's energies is like standing in the middle of the stream. You just stand there and let it all wash over you like the current. Let it flow onto you, let it flow away from you. If a piece of flotsam happens to come past, by all means have a look at it as long as you remember to let it flow back into the current again.

What the current can bring you is also what the current can take away again.

CuriousVagabond
01-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Thank you all for your responses! It's always nice to get others opinions and thoughts on a matter such as this...

Greenslade, that's what I'm working on hardest right now... letting it flow in me, then out.. I loved your description. I don't hold on to many things anymore, but picking up energies... they sometimes stick. I'm getting better with this though. Thank you for your thought.:)

surrendertotheflow
05-06-2011, 05:18 PM
I enjoyed reading this. I have been thinking this way for a long time, and I just had a reading done that confirmed all my suspicions lol.

For me, I have always felt others without realizing it. I never put two and two together. I have never been able to understand how I am feeling. It seem like such a difficult feat. I often will get snappy with people out of nowhere and I they ask me why I am angry and I'm like, um.... I don't think I was, but you're right, there is anger there. why? I have no clue.

Same thing with being depressed and miserable. When I lived in the city this is how I felt. My mom was so worried about me everytime she saw me, and I was like, Mom I'm fine! Because I really thought I was fine. I get waves of different emotions so much that I don't know which is mine or which I'm absorbing from others. It's very confusing!

For me, it happens spontaneously. I am very good at empathizing with my sister more than anyone, right down to crying in the other room when she starts to cry. But if I attempted to empathize with her on a whim, I can't. I have no control over it, I don't even understand how it works or how I am working, if that makes any sense to anyone.

Many times, in the grocery stores, I would just get overwhelmed, especially WALMART!! My b/f at the time, wouldn't understand why I would get so impatient when on the way there I was so relaxed and calm. He would be like, do you have somewhere to go? why aren't you being patient? Now I understand, it's because everyone around me was impatient and restless. This is often why I don't like going to bars or big parties, and I have lost many friends over the years because I could never explain why I didn't want to go. Even I didn't understand. I would regret it later on. Oh, you could have went out and had a good time with your friends!

But, I KNOW now with no doubts that I am an empath, and that has brought me some real spiritual relief as I was lost and confused and didn't understand what was happening to me. I feel really happy now that I know who I am and I have something to focus on.

Xan
06-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Vagabond... There are a few things you can do to keep from feeling dragged down by others' energies.

* Breathe in your belly and do Releasing Breathing... in through your nose and out through slightly open lips, like a gentle sigh. This lets the energies pass on through.

* Give yourself a light shower when you start to feel gunked up, or every day for that matter. Allow pure light to flow down from above all throughout and all around you.

* Stay centered in your inner self... breathing within.

Xan

Porcelain
06-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Yep, story of my life! I get exhausted when I've been out for an afternoon around lots of people. No advice though... just ensure rest and recuperation.