PDA

View Full Version : two kinds of people on the world

seeker2011
19-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Which are you?

1-Have you had real personal experience that makes you certain you are not only the body/mind/emotional (many deleted negative adjectives) "thing" that parades on the surface of the Earth?

2- Or are you just 'thinking' you are? Just an intellectual agreement of some concepts offered by those of category 1?

Well, I was #2, until recently. I was driven to extreme inward madness, and had to drive deep into my unknown to start this journey. So I have no intention of putting myself up or judging anyone about anything.

These recent threads about competition and ego and suffering are making me wonder how many people actually """"know""" they are more than their bodies? Know that there is more to existence than the physical? and beyond physical, Know that they are more than body/mind/emotion all of which I consider part of the 3d experience.

Responses requested.

Gracey
19-05-2011, 11:08 PM
hi seeker, i am a number one. and when i had them, i had no idea what any of them meant. hinduism explaing a lot to me....i had an identity crisis for awhile and studied for 6 years solid on religions, philosophy, science, etc.

before the experiences, i thought all this stuff was just nonsense, now i know otherwise.

seeker2011
19-05-2011, 11:10 PM
I should have mentioned that I recognize a third type of person in the world. Those who have only the conviction that they are their bodies and nothing more. Those people I dont call people, my dog has more compassion and thinking ability than they, I call them minerals, less than vegetable, less than aware, less than conscious, but without judgement as well, for they "know not what they do"

seeker2011
19-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Thank you Gracie,
Exactily what I had hoped for.

arive nan
20-05-2011, 12:34 AM
I am a 1. When I as a 2, for a long time I hadn't learn about many different mystical traditions. I had the impression that this state is something that takes years of dedicated meditation to achieve for most people. But then I read some interviews with advaita and neo-advaita teachers and was trying to understand what they were talking about when they described what they call enlightenment. I liked what they were describing and understood it intellectually at first. A few days later I was describing what I understood on that level to a friend and he seemed to have a euphoric experience... After that I spent some time contemplating it while sitting in my room and it suddenly clicked and became something I felt with ecstatic certainty that everything is that oneness the teachers describe, instead of just understanding the theory that everything is one, and everything felt indescribably beautiful.

However, there are many compassionate and intelligent people who do not believe that any part of their individual selves will survive after death. And there are some people who have had experiences like this who seem to have very limited compassion. I have met people who I have sometimes suspected do not have consciousness and who seem incapable of any compassion, but a few of them repeat the teachings of eastern traditions and talk of how they are more than the body. They use whatever quotes about spirituality that will make them sound superior and special basically and use them to put people down. What determines if someone is intelligent and has compassion is whether or not they can imagine themselves in another person's shoes and genuinely care about the other person's feelings with a preference that they feel well. You don't need to believe that you are more than the body to do that.

Miss Hepburn
20-05-2011, 12:43 AM
By some Grace that comes out of nowhere - I am a # 1.
I couldn't deny the Holy Spirit or
a Superior Power out of Star Trek - if I tried - could I die because of this experience - could I know that
this Superior Power or experience could uplift me to an unimaginable Spiritual Realm beyond this physical
awareness ----to an altered state? You betcha.
:love9:

I know why Paul could sing while in fecal matter, chained in dungeons...oh yeah.
By Grace.

Miss Hepburn

nightowl
20-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Hey seeker2011,

I am a # 1 I have had to many weird and unexplainable things occur in my life, and have come to understand more as I have surrendered to Spirit. It has been a neat journey because the understanding and connection have helped me see how all the things we experience have a purpose, the normal and the weird. They are what makes us who we are and not like anyone else, a spiritual original. Cool stuff...

athribiristan
20-05-2011, 02:41 AM
I've always called them sleepers, dreamers, and awakened. Me? I'm WIDE awake.

Eudaimonist
20-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I regard myself as a mind-body thing that parades on the surface of the Earth. When I die, everything unique to myself perishes.

And yet... that mind-body thing is aware and has a complex psychology -- a "spirit" if you will -- and benefits from following a spiritual path. It is amazing! It is capable of great epiphanies about its nature as a mind-body thing.

There is no need to look down on people who don't dichotomize spirit and body. Some may be unenlightened people, but some may be more enlightened than you.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Lightspirit
20-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I guess No1 I'm just borrowing this body for a few years. There is defiantly much more than the physical. I really suspect there there is a part of us that never dies.

psychoslice
20-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Number one, but there's nothing to say.:smile:

Miss Hepburn
20-05-2011, 10:20 AM
I guess No1 I'm just borrowing this body for a few years. There is defiantly much more than the physical. I really suspect there there is a part of us that never dies.
But, if you "suspect" and you "guess" wouldn't that make you a #2, then?
I understood the difference from #1 and #2 ---was experiencial?
No offense - just following the first post's query was all.

Lightspirit
20-05-2011, 11:04 AM
But, if you "suspect" and you "guess" wouldn't that make you a #2, then?
I understood the difference from #1 and #2 ---was experiencial?
No offense - just following the first post's query was all. Can anyone "know" for sure what I wrote unless you know someone who has come back from the dead. Even though in myself I am sure of being what I wrote, I can never say I "Know" even though I strongly feel I am. It just does not seem good practice to declare something exists or doesn't exist without concrete proof. From spiritual experiences I have had. I know in myself there is something else outside of our bodies..only my opinion I can offer to others. I feel its wiser to use words I did because they relate to opinion rather than factual evidence.

sound
20-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Two kinds of people on the world ... Responses requested.

I would agree wholeheartedly if there were only 2 individual expressions of consciousness in this wonderful world ... :hug3:

Miss Hepburn
20-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Can anyone "know" for sure what I wrote unless you know someone who has come back from the dead. Even though in myself I am sure of being what I wrote, I can never say I "Know" even though I strongly feel I am. It just does not seem good practice to declare something exists or doesn't exist without concrete proof. From spiritual experiences I have had. I know in myself had ''spiritual ecthere is something else outside of our bodies..only my opinion I can offer to others. I feel its wiser to use words I did because they relate to opinion rather than factual evidence.
Exactly.

There are those that have come back from the dead. So they have experienced something and thus, "know".

Sounds like it's not your opinion, - it would be your experience - that you know something else exists, no?

You may think I'm splitting hairs.
But there is personal experience that needs no proof of any kind - you have experienced it for yourself. So you know what you know. Right? And that is wonderful.
Then there is hoping, believing, thinking it sounds good that there is 'something else'' with absolutely no personal experience of that "something else".

You seem to have had ''spiritual experiences'', (I call Gifts or Revelations, altered states where the Doors of Perception
are opened by Grace) - and so yes, you would be a #1,
referring to the OP. (original post for newbies.)
:smile:

gentledove
20-05-2011, 04:13 PM
1-Have you had real personal experience that makes you certain you are not only the body/mind/emotional (many deleted negative adjectives) "thing" that parades on the surface of the Earth?

I also received first hand revelation and I humbly thank God for showing me the truth.

3dnow
20-05-2011, 04:22 PM
“There are two kinds of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” - Clint Eastwood, 1966, “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”

:D

3dnow

TzuJanLi
20-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Greetings..

Both..

Be well..

Chrysaetos
20-05-2011, 04:46 PM
I am neither of those options..

I've had experiences that felt totally out of this world, that I can't explain with just a brain experience. There have also been amazing dreams and experiences which seemed to indicate out of body experiences. Yet, there is nothing certain. It's a guess, an interpretation of events. I guess it's an agnostic approach.I should have mentioned that I recognize a third type of person in the world. Those who have only the conviction that they are their bodies and nothing more. Those people I dont call people, my dog has more compassion and thinking ability than they, I call them minerals, less than vegetable, less than aware, less than conscious, but without judgement as well, for they "know not what they do"Compassionate..?They can be scary, especially if you have strong beliefs tho'

Silver
20-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I am neither of those options..

I've had experiences that felt totally out of this world, that I can't explain with just a brain experience. There have also been amazing dreams and experiences which seemed to indicate out of body experiences. Yet, there is nothing certain. It's all a guess, an interpretation of events. I guess it's an agnostic approach.Not very compassionate..
Materialists can be scary, especially if you have strong beliefs.

I was getting concerned I was the only one to see that ~

...Pandora...
20-05-2011, 05:10 PM
IDK? Aren't well all 1 and 2!? :) I am! I guess if I choose one thats stronger it would be 2, but sure anit talking spiritually, I plan way to much and kinda stay happy that way, thou I am 1 cause theres a lot to do! I can just be a bit lazy at times, I picking myself up slowly thou. If were speaking spiritually thats really hard to figure I wouldn't say either. Cause everything either is or is not. and if my mind says it is, then how am i to guess it is not? hehe.. the idea is kinda funnie actually! :)

3dnow
20-05-2011, 05:30 PM
“There are two kinds of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” - Clint Eastwood, 1966, “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”

:D

3dnow

I forgot to respond I am a #1. I know my higher self believing is not necessary.

3dnow

seeker2011
20-05-2011, 07:38 PM
All very interestng, thanks.

unus supra
20-05-2011, 10:49 PM
haha, another cool thread.

im a number one. went from a number three directly to a number one.
i didnt have an ear for any of this. Very logic minded.

proof proof prooooooof.

still am.

just my flavor i guess.

jjj
20-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Real experiences. Although, if I wanted to intellectualize it, I could say that the mind is just capable of more than what we know and that it was through the mind and not the soul. I have heard messages warning me of danger which was indeed ahead, I have had some exciting proof of psychic communication and dreams, I have had my body "taken over" to find a child who was underwater and pull him out (unconscious but alive). Before this, there was some 'kid experiences' but I would always question myself about those if not for experiences in adulthood. Also, my mother had a NDE that is extremely compelling and not able to be explained away as they try to do with scientific stuff. :) Beyond that... I know that when I ask to be guided, I am. My messenger animal found me when requested and made himself known beyond any reasonable doubt. I just trust (almost all the time)... I mean... how much proof does one need? lol :D

Which are you?

2- Or are you just 'thinking' you are? Just an intellectual agreement of some concepts offered by those of category 1?

Well, I was #2, until recently. I was driven to extreme inward madness, and had to drive deep into my unknown to start this journey. So I have no intention of putting myself up or judging anyone about anything.

These recent threads about competition and ego and suffering are making me wonder how many people actually """"know""" they are more than their bodies? Know that there is more to existence than the physical? and beyond physical, Know that they are more than body/mind/emotion all of which I consider part of the 3d experience.

Responses requested.

MoonDancer
20-05-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm gonna say 1 as well, even though I accept them intellectually too. I wouldn't say its personal experiences that make me know, but just a knowing in itself. I think as we get older we learn to be 2 but are born 1.

Greenslade
21-05-2011, 10:01 PM
I should have mentioned that I recognize a third type of person in the world. Those who have only the conviction that they are their bodies and nothing more. Those people I dont call people, my dog has more compassion and thinking ability than they, I call them minerals, less than vegetable, less than aware, less than conscious, but without judgement as well, for they "know not what they do"

I call them people. We cannot really understand their Paths, their reasons for existence. There is a forth type of person, one that doesn't put people into categories nor labels them but tries - within their own perception - to see reasons for all the things and people that make up Life's rich tapestry.

There is Spirituality in not being Spiritual, if indeed we are truly Spirit on a human Journey. If we are Spirit on a human Journey then everyone is Spiritual after their own fashion. If everyone is not Spiritual after their own fashion, then does that mean we are not Spirit on a human Journey after all?

Sometimes it's our own Spirituality we need to question first.

seeker2011
21-05-2011, 10:16 PM
"spirit on a human journey", I like that a lot.

I think the intention behind this thread was reinforcement. I am all to familiar with the tricks mind can play. I have been the victim of the tricks in both directions before.
Scientifically, I see only two possibilities.
1-we exist beyond the life of the body, or
2-we dont.
I sincerely want to believe my own experiences are proof of 1. And having been at the brink of sanity before, I really believe they are. My consciousness has been changed in ways that do not suggest otherwise.
I'd like to add that I try really hard not to "look down" at #3.s AFterall, I dont condemn any animal for acting from the prompts of instinct.....I do draw the line at unnecessary harm inflicted on any form of life...sentient or not. As I feel we all do.

seeker2011
21-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Unus, how bout this one:
Even if you're on the right track, if you dont move you'll get run over.

Greenslade
21-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Reinforcement is what we make of it - what we believe it to be. Reinforcement for me is believing there must be some point to this existence after all. If we go through Life then become nothing more than dust, what's the point? But then, is Life but a dream as we merrily row, row, row our boats gently down the stream? Is any of this real after all? Do any of us really understand Reality or do we just think we do? Is Reality just what we want to think it is at any given moment? Perhaps Spirituality is just some form of mass psychosis, Past Lives are products of an over-active imagination inspired by other people's beliefs and taken and adapted for our own purposes?

seeker2011
21-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Is any of this real after all?

I define reality as "that which is, regardless of observation, perception or experience" by any consciousness what so ever.

"our reality" is that which we observe, percieve and experience, but it's a subset of reality afterall is said and done.;

unus supra
22-05-2011, 12:59 AM
agreed to a large extent. and its easy to break it down that way, puts belief aside so we can say, okay whats here. what exactly are we looking at?
what can we all see obviously and agree upon.

haha good one, i wish i knew how to quote on this thing but im notoriously slow with technology.

ya, buddy i live my life on the wrong track but always manage to find the right destination.
fools luck i suppose

Greenslade
22-05-2011, 08:51 AM
agreed to a large extent. and its easy to break it down that way, puts belief aside so we can say, okay whats here. what exactly are we looking at?
what can we all see obviously and agree upon. That's what it all boils down to in the end - what we can see. And what sense we can make of it. In a Universe of infinite possibilities, doesn't that mean there are an infinite number of perspectives on the same subject? Like this thread and the so many others on this forum? Perhaps limiting the kinds of people is akin to limiting our own perspectives on the Universe.

haha good one, i wish i knew how to quote on this thing but im notoriously slow with technology.
Hit the 'Quote' button, but I'm not sure if they hide it until you've made a certain number of posts :-)

ya, buddy i live my life on the wrong track but always manage to find the right destination.
fools luck i suppose
Maybe luck isn't so foolish after all and it's the right track for you. The track that gets you to where you're going can't be that wrong, surely.

Awakening
22-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I was confused for the longest time. I forget who mentioned that they had kid experinces but those I had, and some other items throughout my life that I could not explain. But did not peruse it, since I guess I wasn't ready to learn the truth. Only recently have a sought out my soul's plan. I have learned a lot about myself in a very short time.

jjj
22-05-2011, 12:34 PM
That was me. And you know, when we're kids we don't know that it's "not normal" but then someone tells us... and everything changes. :(

pre-dawn
22-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I think few people would dispute that. The real question is whether these phenomena extend as a continued personal, individual experience beyond death.
My answer is no.

Internal Queries
22-05-2011, 02:40 PM
i am both in category 1 and 2 simultaneously. in order to be "normal" i must compartmentalize my psy/spiritual experiences from my external everyday life. i must stand on the very point of balance and believe both at the same time.

Kaere
22-05-2011, 02:49 PM

{quote=name} text {/quote}

Change the squiggly brackets to square brackets. If you don't want the name quoted, remove the =name part

Hope this helps :smile:

Wolfe of Wildwood
22-05-2011, 05:24 PM
I am #1, 'cause I've always been aware of more than the physical, even before I understood what it was I was aware of. To think that all there is is what you can see and touch would be a very boring existence indeed.