PDA

View Full Version : Curious . . .

ivy71983
19-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Hi guys!

I was curious about what the titles under everyone's name mean? Some have master, pathfinder, seeker, etc. and i was wondering what they meant and how do you guys assign them.

Sometimes my curiosity gets the bst of me, lol.

daisy
19-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi, those names just give people an indication of how long you have been a member here, you will notice as your post count increases and over time it will change, many forums use them, I believe they are called 'ranks'' I don't like that name as it kind of implies some are above others, which is not the case.

Forum founders have the option to use ranks or not, and also to give names to the 'ranks' as our founder did here, a little light hearted fun for the most part, but as I mention above long term members and staff can tell who is new at a glance so it can be helpful that way. :)

ivy71983
19-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Oh ok . . . i kinda thought thats what it was. I like the way you guys have it so it doesn't show superiority or that one is above another. It does make sense. Thank you for informing me Daisy :)

daisy
19-05-2011, 11:08 PM
You're welcome, I think the names chosen are meant to represent a spiritual journey...seeker...pathfinder etc. :) If I can help with anything else just shout up.

Charlies Angel
24-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi, I was just wandering at what point will I progress from being a newb and what will the proceeding rank be?

Kaere
24-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Two weeks and 25 posts should find you being a "seeker". I think. I don't remember for sure - I guess we'll find out when your time is up.

Charlies Angel
24-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks. It's weird being a newbie again, I have nearly 12,000 posts on my other forum. Still it gives me an insight into what our new members must feel.