PDA

View Full Version : Believing

fluffington
19-05-2011, 02:39 PM
The beginning is, I am not religious and I do not believe in God. I don't think there has ever been a time in my life where I have believed, I've always thought that the bible is just so unreal. The last times I have been in a Church was for weddings. Before that, it was probably when I was in the Guides!!

However, as I have grown older, I do feel that I believe in something. I would like to think that there is an afterlife, somewhere where we go so that the end is not just the end. My Mum once saw a medium who said that my Granddad is constantly with her and I love the thought that he is around. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell but I do think there is more for us after we pass. I like to think that there are loved ones looking over us and people guiding us through life. I haven't really worked out the whole 'guide' thing yet but it's something I will consider.

I don't really know what the point of this post is but it's nice to put into words some of what I think. As someone who has been quite adamant for years that there is nothing to believe in, it's hard to try and bring these new thoughts and feelings that are inside of me, out. I will never believe that one person made us, that there is a God. But I would like to have a little more faith in the 'something' that is for me. I just don't know where to start!

Fluffs :blob3:

002 Cents
19-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the forum! I commend you for taking the time to try and understand your spiritual self. I am sure you will find a wealth of knowledgeable people on this site who can help you no matter what direction you are leaning towards on the matter.

Blessings,
002 Cents

Silver
19-05-2011, 08:24 PM
It is nice to put into words, put it out there the idea that you changed your mind, altered your opinion on something that you probably thought wouldn't change. It's a good thing to validate your own opinions and to tell yourself there's nothing wrong with changing one's mind, it's a healthy thing to do.

zipzip
19-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi Fluff,

To feel there is something, but you dont know what and want to believe is a great start. You will find your answers and they may be a bit of a mixed bag (like mine!) but mine work for me and I am content with that. I hope you find the same peace with your spirituality as I have found with mine.

Listen to yourself and you will find everything you need to know...

good luck

zipzip:hug3:

nightowl
20-05-2011, 02:11 AM
It is wonderful to hear you have some type of spiritual connection. Make it your own, you have connected with Spirit. You can call this connection whatever you want. You don't have to use the term God. It is a word that describes some type of force or spiritual being or nature. Just start researching, reading, talking and experiencing it will all come together for you as it should. You have made a spiritual connection now the fun comes when you start to understand your spiritual circuit. :smile:

nightowl

Blaze
20-05-2011, 02:24 AM
I will never believe that one person made us, that there is a God. But I would like to have a little more faith in the 'something' that is for me. I just don't know where to start!

Fluffs :blob3:
God is not a person.

psychoslice
20-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Use knowledge as a tool but don't cling to it, there is no need to believe in anything, what is, is what is.