PDA

View Full Version : Thinking a word and hearing it at the same time several times a day

tragblack
18-05-2011, 08:36 PM
This happens to me 3-7 times a day for me now, and started at the beginning of the year:

I read/ think a word/ phrase, and simultaneously I also hear it from some other source, like the T.V., radio, or someone near me. It used to be really odd when this happened, but now it just happens all day, every day! People around me are starting to notice, because I'm pointing it out whenever it happens now. It's like synchronicity in it's basest form. It's even crazier when it's an entire phrase, which is more often than one would expect.

Has this been happening to anybody, specifically starting at the beginning of this year? Am I in a dimension where my brain and what's going on outside of me are more fluidly linked? Sometimes it feels like I'm not quite in the world I was born in.

SerpentQueen
20-05-2011, 02:41 PM
I just recently read an article, I can't find it right now, but it so fits with this topic. Darn! I will do my best to explain the takeaway from it...

Basically, the author makes a good case that there is no such thing as the "NOW" - at least, not in the way humans experience reality. It's impossible to experience NOW because of the way our bodies process inputs from the 5 senses. For example, while light may be nearly instantaneous, sound takes a lot longer to travel, and smells take longer still. The brain processes all of this for us, and then constructs our experience of "now" - but it's slightly off timing, and we are actually experiencing now from the past already. In other words, our brains are presenting to us a recording of what already happened.

The article went on to describe an experiment with professional drummers, drumming to a beat. Some were very good at it, some not as good. But, the average human ears couldn't tell the difference, because our brains sync it all up to us before playing back the recording.

What you are experiencing could therefore be explained as a glitch where you are perceiving things as happening simultaneously, but they are not. There is actually a delay. So it seems like you think/see the word and hear it at the same time, when actually, you heard the word first and then you thought about it/read it.

This is not to say there's something wrong with you, something dysfunctional about your wetware. On the contrary! It's more like you have a case of the hiccups, for purposes of revealing that "reality" is not what we think it is.

Congratulations, you are getting a good peak behind the veil. I've had similar things happen this past year; you are not alone. I've had so many syncs like this, I concluded time can run backwards. I.e., it's not that I predicted the "future" - it's that the future happened first, before the present. Play around with that in your mind and let me know what you think.

Gracey
20-05-2011, 02:46 PM
been doing this since 1998. all the time...our subconscious is a half a second faster than our conscious....yes time plays a big role in the functioning of our brain just like serpent queen said.

tragblack
20-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Basically, the author makes a good case that there is no such thing as the "NOW" - at least, not in the way humans experience reality.

Interesting idea and doesn't seem impossible to me... then again, few things do. :wink:

For example, while light may be nearly instantaneous, sound takes a lot longer to travel, and smells take longer still. The brain processes all of this for us, and then constructs our experience of "now" - but it's slightly off timing, and we are actually experiencing now from the past already. In other words, our brains are presenting to us a recording of what already happened.

Like Krishnamurti's reasoning that there is a very limited way in which to experience the now because all thoughts and experiences are rooted in the past.

The article went on to describe an experiment with professional drummers, drumming to a beat. Some were very good at it, some not as good. But, the average human ears couldn't tell the difference, because our brains sync it all up to us before playing back the recording.

Like the way sometimes our vision will put things there that aren't really. For example, the glasses Roosevelt on Mt. Rushmore have no bridge, but our brains kind of put one there at first glance just because we assume it. I wonder how much we see or don't see that is or isn't there?! :icon_eek:

What you are experiencing could therefore be explained as a glitch where you are perceiving things as happening simultaneously, but they are not.

This is a very good explanation, however, the coincidental and numerous nature make me feel it is more of a psychic phenomena. Not like I have powers or are picking up on the future, or anything, but more like my brain is synching up with the moment-- that my brain is both experiencing and perhaps creating/ aware of inner workings of the outer environment (which may not technically be outside of "me"). I guess it follows the holographic theory or law of attraction.

Or maybe in the way you call it a glitch, it is like a "glitch in the matrix." Perhaps there is a "program" in my brain "linking up" with the "matrix" and spilling data over.

Congratulations, you are getting a good peak behind the veil. I've had similar things happen this past year; you are not alone. I've had so many syncs like this, I concluded time can run backwards. I.e., it's not that I predicted the "future" - it's that the future happened first, before the present. Play around with that in your mind and let me know what you think.

I really like your theories on this.

paulrosk
27-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Perhaps you are experiencing a "hiccup" in time. I heard of people that have this "gift" of seeing and/or hearing things before they occur. My brain works in strange ways also, worries me sometimes. People would call me "nuts" or "crazy", but I think I'm just happily confused most of the time (LOL).

jjj
27-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Yes, that happens a lot... some days more than others. One time (years ago), I was at a friend's house and this was happening like CRAZY.... like everything was on a loop and it kept going and kept going. It made me feel sick that time as I sort of wondered if I was losing my mind! I theorized (I like Bashar and Seth material) that since there are alternate dimensions/ realities and time is not as linear as we experience, we may be able to 'slip into' something just slightly different but parallel. That time, emotions were really high (we were all laughing about something) and I also thought that perhaps the energy triggered it as well. I don't know. Usually it's just a little automatic thought immediately followed by seeing or hearing what I had just thought and usually it is symbolically important to me. But not that time at my friends' house. It was actually so overwhelming that I left and went outside to my car.

paulrosk
27-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Yes I noticed when I am very emotional things "happen" or perhaps I just notice them more than usual. I had one or two "hiccups" in time, but not as severe as tragblack !!!!! Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind, but I can't find it most days anyway (LOL)!

tragblack
27-05-2011, 06:26 PM
It has calmed down a bit since I posted this. Now it is about 1-3 times a day. All the ideas here are great, but I still don't feel like I know what it is! I can see it as a hiccup. Is it also possible that they are signs I am following the path of my life? Like the times things synch up are cues that I am going along with my plans... sometimes, I think of deja vu in this way...

Medium_Laura
27-05-2011, 07:01 PM
When this happens to me I take note because it is my guides getting my attention. We often leave "bread crumbs" for ourselves before we are born, to make sure we are following the lessons and paths we wanted to experience.

If I get signs like this 3 x in one day. I meditate, and talk to my guides. Usually the sign is the word or the phrase that is repeating. Make notes of it. See if it answers a question to something you're asking about or pondering.

paulrosk
27-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Laura has a good point, pay attention, perhaps you are receiving an answer to something.

jjj
28-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Awesome post :)

When this happens to me I take note because it is my guides getting my attention. We often leave "bread crumbs" for ourselves before we are born, to make sure we are following the lessons and paths we wanted to experience.

If I get signs like this 3 x in one day. I meditate, and talk to my guides. Usually the sign is the word or the phrase that is repeating. Make notes of it. See if it answers a question to something you're asking about or pondering.

paulrosk
28-05-2011, 12:41 AM
I really don't know, but I know there are things in this Universe that are a mystery!

Medium_Laura
29-05-2011, 04:47 PM
:) Thanks guys. It works for me!

jesslucking
21-06-2011, 12:37 AM
this happens to me quite often, serpentqueen's answer seems to make sence logically.. but then logic doesnt always give you every answer

gdsmusic
11-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Hi...Just joined...............This has happened to me many times over the years and increasingly every day for the past couple of months......I am at an extremely defining moment in my life [ basically starting a new life...from scratch..making new plans....rebuilding everything etc ].....I Like the post from "TRAGBLACK"... Part of the quote as follows....."Is it also possible that they are signs I am following the path of my life? Like the times things synch up are cues that I am going along with my plans... sometimes, I think of deja vu in this way..."......unquote.......good stuff this subject.....It makes sense to me that these are signs that your on track in some way....especially if your starting a fresh...who knows ?

octavarium
12-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Glad somebody has raised this...
I keep hearing/seeing the word ''Awry''... I've come across it three times today!!! My boss said it to me earlier, I watched some comedy and the comedian said it, and I've just seen it on some random webpage! And that's just today, the word is following me :O