PDA

View Full Version : Living in the now - what if something is missing?

3dnow
18-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi forum, :hug3:

Must of us have hard time focusing on the now. What if this is because something is missing in the now, which makes past and future more interesting?

I am saying that because, it happened to me twice, when connected with my higher self something happens and I see world "differently" even most boring things appear blissful. When this happens you don't care about past or future because now is more interesting simply.

Anyone experiences that?

thx,

3dnow

psychoslice
18-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Yep nothing missing in the NOW, it contains all, past and future are of the mind only, it pulls you away from the NOW, but in all reality there is no where you can be except in the NOW.

3dnow
18-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Yep nothing missing in the NOW, it contains all, past and future are of the mind only, it pulls you away from the NOW, but in all reality there is no where you can be except in the NOW.

For you perhaps? Maybe you see now differently than me?

3dnow

psychoslice
18-05-2011, 09:03 AM

3dnow
No, I don't see the so called NOW in anyway at all, as soon as I do, its no longer NOW, its just back in the mind churning up another story that has past and future attached to it.

3dnow
18-05-2011, 09:11 AM
No, I don't see the so called NOW in anyway at all, as soon as I do, its no longer NOW, its just back in the mind churning up another story that has past and future attached to it.
OK I am talking about seeing the now, with your physical eyes and with your mind's eye simultaneously. You see something you can't see with your eyes. You see the table differently, it is so blissful. The table looks like a real table.

3dnow

psychoslice
18-05-2011, 09:17 AM
OK I am talking about seeing the now, with your physical eyes and with your mind's eye simultaneously. You see something you can't see with your eyes. You see the table differently, it is so blissful. The table looks like a real table.

3dnow
Yes i see what you mean NOW, that's so true, when we are in the NOW we do see everything just as it IS, no labels attached, yep your so right.:smile:

3dnow
18-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Yes i see what you mean NOW, that's so true, when we are in the NOW we do see everything just as it IS, no labels attached, yep your so right.:smile:
Yes but strangely I can't do it always. It is something spiritual (when I say the table looks like a real table).

I really see the table differently.

Simply forgetting past and future doesn't to it.

3dnow

psychoslice
18-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Yes but strangely I can't do it always. It is something spiritual (when I say the table looks like a real table).

I really see the table differently.

Simply forgetting past and future doesn't to it.

3dnow
No that's where you are making the mistake, you can't forget about the past or future, they never existed in the first place, you are seeing the table as it is because you are there with the table, in fact you are the table, all in the NOW.

3dnow
18-05-2011, 09:38 AM
No that's where you are making the mistake, you can't forget about the past or future, they never existed in the first place, you are seeing the table as it is because you are there with the table, in fact you are the table, all in the NOW.

I don't know it happens when connected to higher self (feeling it)..
When this happens I don't have to make an effort to stay in the now.

3dnow

psychoslice
18-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't know it happens when connected to higher self (feeling it)..
When this happens I don't have to make an effort to stay in the now.

3dnow
No you don't need to make an effort to be in the NOW, that's all you can be, is the NOW, the word i am using that is the now is not the NOW, don't get caught up in the label which is just a pointer. This higher self that you speak of is just really the same as being in the NOW, but because of this blissful feeling that you have, you attach it to whatever you believe to be of a higher being or concept, so as to make since out of what you are experiencing.

3dnow
18-05-2011, 09:57 AM
No you don't need to make an effort to be in the NOW, that's all you can be, is the NOW, the word i am using that is the now is not the NOW, don't get caught up in the label which is just a pointer. This higher self that you speak of is just really the same as being in the NOW, but because of this blissful feeling that you have, you attach it to whatever you believe to be of a higher being or concept, so as to make since out of what you are experiencing.

I feel it is the other way around really. But hey I am still experimenting!

3dnow

psychoslice
18-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I feel it is the other way around really. But hey I am still experimenting!

3dnow
Yea and that's all we can do is to experiment for ourself and that's really the only place we find our answers from within our own being, so, forget all that I have said and carry on lol.:smile: :hug3:

3dnow
18-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Yea and that's all we can do is to experiment for ourself and that's really the only place we find our answers from within our own being, so, forget all that I have said and carry on lol.:smile: :hug3:

hehe forget what?

3dnow

3dnow
18-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi all,

In this interview Suzanne Foxton says the same thing that I try to describe:

She awakened while washing dishes and she says "the knife became very knifish" (minute 5:07)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_9S1XTXe-o&feature=relmfu (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3Do_9S1XTXe-o%26amp%3Bfeature%3Drelmfu)

thx,

3dnow

Medium_Laura
18-05-2011, 11:41 AM
There is no worry or fear in the NOW. Everything is calm because we are not anticipating future events, nor dwelling on what we would see as past mistakes. Living in the now (a great book by Eckhart Tolle I might add) is all about peaceful living and I practice it daily ! :)

3dnow
18-05-2011, 12:02 PM
There is no worry or fear in the NOW. Everything is calm because we are not anticipating future events, nor dwelling on what we would see as past mistakes. Living in the now (a great book by Eckhart Tolle I might add) is all about peaceful living and I practice it daily ! :)

We always talk about what isn't in the know (fear, worry , etc). What if there should be something extra in the now making it blissful?

3dnow

Medium_Laura
18-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I think the bliss lies within the now, happiness, contentedness, peace. :)

unus supra
19-05-2011, 03:33 AM
this is fascinating,

the mind and its tapestry of vivid imaginings has an incredible pull. Obviously it yanks most of the worlds population on its pendulum. So we can see why.

Accepting this moment as enough, will not appease the mind, until the mind has come to understand experientially what it is that this particular moment encompasses. We need to understand. Only then can we fully let go and abide in it. Until that point
we are trusting the mind, when the mind teaches us this moment is what we should be in, it is still the mind that
led us, thus the mind that we trust. Even if we have faith in this moment, which many do, this still, when push comes to shove will not be enough.

This path, in the final stanza, takes work, takes training, and takes no ** understanding to decipher what it is our mind is witnessing.

I AM
19-05-2011, 04:29 AM
Hi forum, :hug3:

Must of us have hard time focusing on the now. What if this is because something is missing in the now, which makes past and future more interesting?

There is somthing missing in the now, need I say it?

I am saying that because, it happened to me twice, when connected with my higher self something happens and I see world "differently" even most boring things appear blissful. When this happens you don't care about past or future because now is more interesting simply.

You are on somthing here, keep it up.

Anyone experiences that?

thx,

3dnow

Xan
19-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Psychoslice: Yep nothing missing in the NOW

3dnow

3d... If something is missing then you are not fully present in the Now.

The Now is not just what's going on in and around you, but, as you said... aware in your higher self, or inner self. In this nothing could be missing because here you are whole.

I suggest breathing more deeply into the present and relaxing into the quiet space of your inner being... NOW.

Xan

3dnow
19-05-2011, 05:00 PM
3d... If something is missing then you are not fully present in the Now.

The Now is not just what's going on in and around you, but, as you said... aware in your higher self, or inner self. In this nothing could be missing because here you are whole.

I suggest breathing more deeply into the present and relaxing into the quiet space of your inner being... NOW.

Xan

Hi Xan, what do you mean by "breathing more deeply" ?

I would rather be myself by not thinking of anyone else except for sending love (I mean real love not dependent's love), forget fear of God, devil etc.

These issues have nothing to do with time, but me. No? But interestingly, when I do the above I am closer to my higher self and more present in the now.

thx,

3dnow

7luminaries
19-05-2011, 06:39 PM

When I read this, I am strangely moved. I think it is a wonderful thing to be in the NOW and also to have occasion (if we lose the now) to remember that the now is all we have. Also to realise all is now. And we are all, just as we are now.

The rest is not real.

I think this is what the mystics mean by all time is now. And all lives and existences are now. It is only with our limited perception and understanding that we feel the need to order time.

Time is the ocean...but we can only "see" the narrow path in front and behind...which is nothing like the truth of the ocean we are in right now.

Peace & blessings,
7L

3dnow
19-05-2011, 06:52 PM
When I read this, I am strangely moved. I think it is a wonderful thing to be in the NOW and also to have occasion (if we lose the now) to remember that the now is all we have. Also to realise all is now. And we are all, just as we are now.

The rest is not real.

I think this is what the mystics mean by all time is now. And all lives and existences are now. It is only with our limited perception and understanding that we feel the need to order time.

Time is the ocean...but we can only "see" the narrow path in front and behind...which is nothing like the truth of the ocean we are in right now.

Peace & blessings,
7L
Yes but what I mean is that you get nothing if your mind is fully in the now but subconscious mind is elsewhere. It is much more difficult than what Tolle is teaching.

thx,

3dnow

3dnow
19-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi again forum, :hug3:

For example, imagine you fear God... Or you are so dependent on him that your subconscious mind is there constantly (submission). Do you folks think you will find any bliss by staying in the now? I don't think so.

One should first be independent (higher self), let go subconscious fears etc. and in my experience when I do that I see world differently and staying in the now is more easy.

thx,

3dnow

Xan
19-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I would rather be myself by not thinking of anyone else except for sending love (I mean real love not dependent's love), forget fear of God, devil etc.

...But interestingly, when I do the above I am closer to my higher self and more present in the now.

Yes of course, 3d, because we can feel love only in the present moment.

Also, we can only breathe Now... which is why conscious breathing helps us to stay present.

Hi Xan, what do you mean by "breathing more deeply" ?
I mean... being aware in breathing, and relaxing more deeply into pure love for no reason... into love itself.

Xan

Medium_Laura
19-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I agree with Xan. If you are thinking of future or past, you're not in the Now. It isn't more difficult than Tolle teaches, I have learned it from him and there is great peace in the Now. Letting go and just surrendering, breathing and being present in this moment alone. Not worried about "what if" or "what next".

Xan
20-05-2011, 04:04 AM
3d... The difficulty of training ourselves to be present in the Now lies in the momentum of our mind habits, our over-involvement with thinking, emotions and sensations, and our history.

Tolle does acknowledge this challenge as I have read in his excellent little books... "Practicing the Power of Now" and "Stillness Speaks".

Xan

3dnow
20-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi Xan, Laura,

What I mean is that for example you can be a bad person, or a fearful one (btw, you can also fear only "now"), but apply Tolle's teaching very successfully. You will find bliss this way in the now?

EDIT: I don't mean fear of the future but something else.

thx,

3dnow

psychoslice
20-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi again forum, :hug3:

For example, imagine you fear God... Or you are so dependent on him that your subconscious mind is there constantly (submission). Do you folks think you will find any bliss by staying in the now? I don't think so.

One should first be independent (higher self), let go subconscious fears etc. and in my experience when I do that I see world differently and staying in the now is more easy.

thx,

3dnow
You can only be in the NOW, if you are trying to find bliss anywhere else, then where are you ?. Being so called independent is being in the NOW, when you try to be anywhere else you then lose your Independence. It doesn't matter how easy or hard you think it is to be in the NOW, you are there already, just let go and there you are, right where you are.

3dnow
20-05-2011, 08:16 AM
You can only be in the NOW, if you are trying to find bliss anywhere else, then where are you ?. Being so called independent is being in the NOW, when you try to be anywhere else you then lose your Independence. It doesn't matter how easy or hard you think it is to be in the NOW, you are there already, just let go and there you are, right where you are.

Hi Slice, you can be very well dependent of someone else in the now. Or, dependent of God.

Note that dependence has nothing to do with time. One is dependent always now. Example of dependence "What he thinks about me? What I am doing is right? etc.". This is not past nor future it is now.

One won't find bliss in the now because they are dependent.

3dnow

psychoslice
20-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi Slice, you can be very well dependent of someone else in the now. Or, dependent of God.

Note that dependence has nothing to do with time. One is dependent always now. Example of dependence "What he thinks about me? What I am doing is right? etc.". This is not past nor future it is now.

One won't find bliss in the now because they are dependent.

3dnow
I really think we are saying the same thing, but asking questions such as "What he thinks about me" are from the past, because you bring the past programming into the question, for where did the question arise from. But yea i think we are talking about the same thing, NOW.

3dnow
20-05-2011, 08:33 AM
I really think we are saying the same thing, but asking questions such as "What he thinks about me" are from the past, because you bring the past programming into the question, for where did the question arise from. But yea i think we are talking about the same thing, NOW.

OK but it is not necessarily past programming IMO, it may well be a person you met now.

thx,

3dnow

psychoslice
20-05-2011, 08:36 AM
OK but it is not necessarily past programming IMO, it may well be a person you met now.

thx,

3dnow
Yes I think your right, its just when we bring more than the person in front of us into the picture that we are out of the NOW, but like I said, in reality you can never be anywhere else other than the NOW.

3dnow
20-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes I think your right, its just when we bring more than the person in front of us into the picture that we are out of the NOW, but like I said, in reality you can never be anywhere else other than the NOW.

We are not out of now. We are dependent NOW.

thx,

3dnow

God-Like
20-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi All .:smile:

I am not 100 % sure of what people refer to as what being In the now actually Is .

If I relate being In the now to a state where there Is no myself or there Is no time or Is no reflections being had or there are no memories that are having an Influence on how one Is then I perhaps understand .

If there Is an attachment to a myself In the now then there Is an attachment being made to an Identity that still remains In a mind-set that there Is somebody having an experience and In that one recognises that there are energies that still remain within memory like my past life experience that I mentioned the other day where the emotional energy remained unresolved for 500 years . My mind set recognised the “I” that had the experience .

You cannot completely live in the now within mind whilst there still remains an Identity In that there Is a person having the experience of living In the now .

To be living completely In the now will be beyond Identity . When you exist totally In the now there will be no-one having the experience .

There will be no other references within mind other than what arises In every moment .

So I understand the ”something” missing suggestion that Is made In the O.P..

x dazzle x

unus supra
21-05-2011, 12:09 AM
right on,

nobody home...

Xan
21-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Hi Xan, Laura,

What I mean is that for example you can be a bad person, or a fearful one (btw, you can also fear only "now"), but apply Tolle's teaching very successfully. You will find bliss this way in the now?

EDIT: I don't mean fear of the future but something else.

thx,

3dnow

Actually 3d... there is no fear in the Now because in This you are beyond the mind that is always dependent on past conditioning, where fear comes from.

In this singular present moment there is only the open space of Being, without dependency on anything because there are not two things here... one dependent on the other.

In fact, this is how you know you are entirely in the Now... there is pure unboundaried whole silent awareness.

Anything less is not the Now that Tolle and Psychoslice and Godlike and I and others are pointing toward, but some idea the mind has come up with about it.

Whatever idea you're clinging to... that ain't it. The Now is the idea-free zone... the completely quiet open space that feels like peace and/or bliss.

Xan

3dnow
21-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Actually 3d... there is no fear in the Now because in This you are beyond the mind that is always dependent on past conditioning, where fear comes from.

In this singular present moment there is only the open space of Being, without dependency on anything because there are not two things here... one dependent on the other.

In fact, this is how you know you are entirely in the Now... there is pure unboundaried whole silent awareness.

Anything less is not the Now that Tolle and Psychoslice and Godlike and I and others are pointing toward, but some idea the mind has come up with about it.

Whatever idea you're clinging to... that ain't it. The Now is the idea-free zone... the completely quiet open space that feels like peace and/or bliss.

Xan

Thanks Xan,

I still believe when I am close to my higher self I see the now differently. I automatically stay in the now because it is beautiful.

Do you and Daz mean now is a no thought zone, including subconscious thoughts? Of course in this case there is no problem. But is this practicable? (I guess you mean meditation?)

EDIT: I of course am familiar with Tolle's technique and applied it successfully I guess. But unconscious fears and dependencies resist witch separates me form higher self. I also think mind is a parallel processor so you think you watch your thoughts but in the background you depend on someone or God for example without noticing (especially if you perform telepathy). I guess you cannot watch all of them separately, especially if you cannot notice them.

3dnow

Lisa
21-05-2011, 03:44 PM
... there is no fear in the Now because in This you are beyond the mind that is always dependent on past conditioning, where fear comes from.

Xan

Beautifully expressed, Xan. :color:

We are the Now.

Xan
21-05-2011, 11:44 PM
3dnow: I still believe when I am close to my higher self I see the now differently. I automatically stay in the now because it is beautiful.

Yes 3d... Being aware in your higher self is the same as being in the Now. Your beautiful higher self is only and always Here... Now.

Do you and Daz mean now is a no thought zone, including subconscious thoughts? Of course in this case there is no problem. But is this practicable? (I guess you mean meditation?)

Yes... Now is the quiet zone. Activity of your subconscious mind is out of range so you don't hear it.

And yes... it is most practical. As Tolle says, you may still have thoughts but only useful ones like, 'What shall I have for dinner?' and so on. The continually chattering mind is gone in the Now so you are actually clearer and more effective in matters of daily living. It's meditation awareness in ordinary life.

Even while you are thinking useful thoughts or feeling natural emotions they come and go in the context of unboundaried silent awareness... the Now 'presence' within and all around you.

EDIT: I of course am familiar with Tolle's technique and applied it successfully I guess. But unconscious fears and dependencies resist witch separates me form higher self. I also think mind is a parallel processor so you think you watch your thoughts but in the background you depend on someone or God for example without noticing (especially if you perform telepathy). I guess you cannot watch all of them separately, especially if you cannot notice them.

Watching your thoughts is good. Now notice that you are the one who is watching... the watcher... the awareness itself.

You don't need to watch your thoughts separately, but you can see them as a parade going by that you don't need to react to. You just sit within yourself and let it all go by.

In this you will eventually come to recognize that God is not separate from you but is your own essence... the awareness and pure love that you are.

Xan

3dnow
22-05-2011, 09:25 AM
3dnow: I still believe when I am close to my higher self I see the now differently. I automatically stay in the now because it is beautiful.

Yes 3d... Being aware in your higher self is the same as being in the Now. Your beautiful higher self is only and always Here... Now.

Yes... Now is the quiet zone. Activity of your subconscious mind is out of range so you don't hear it.

And yes... it is most practical. As Tolle says, you may still have thoughts but only useful ones like, 'What shall I have for dinner?' and so on. The continually chattering mind is gone in the Now so you are actually clearer and more effective in matters of daily living. It's meditation awareness in ordinary life.

Even while you are thinking useful thoughts or feeling natural emotions they come and go in the context of unboundaried silent awareness... the Now 'presence' within and all around you.

Watching your thoughts is good. Now notice that you are the one who is watching... the watcher... the awareness itself.

You don't need to watch your thoughts separately, but you can see them as a parade going by that you don't need to react to. You just sit within yourself and let it all go by.

In this you will eventually come to recognize that God is not separate from you but is your own essence... the awareness and pure love that you are.

Xan

OK thanks Xan. Of course God is not separate but guides did something to me and I am facing my religious fears (there is also the devil, etc). So sometimes when I do something I think of this God or devil I know it is ridiculous but I do it. It is my fear and dependency (I do it even with people sometimes because I feel their presence). When I am stronger I don't do that and the now is more blissful.

What I mean in fact, when I feel this way I see really differently, I see the objects like more shiny (like pixelized), I don't have better words to describe it. I guess many people already see like that. I am really curious about this.

For example, in this interview Suzanne Foxton says the same thing that I try to describe:

She says she awakened while washing dishes and she says "the knife became very knifish" (minute 5:07)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_9S1XTXe-o&feature=relmfu (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253Do_9S1XTXe-o%2526amp%253Bfeature%253Drelmfu)

3dnow

Time
22-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Just thinking about the now is powerful. It can make you realise things that you wouldnt in a situation normaly. It puts things into perspective, and can clarify contemplation..

However........

ONLY thinking of the now, is humanities problem. We refuse to learn from the past, to make NOW better, and therefore a better future. The NOW is the reason why we suck up so much fossil fuel, and pollute so much, and chop down forests, becasue we are only worrying about NOW, and not the future generations.

ITs just like every other situation. You cant focus on only one point. IF you did that in Hockey, say, only thinking about getting the puck..... well what next? What are you going to do with the puck? PASs it?, hold it?, score with it? Some would say that is being inthe now, but i dont think so becasue by the time your done thinking of the original point, your already out of the now into the future ( but when you say something then, its the now)

Learn from the past, to make the right decisions NOW, so we can have a brighter future!!

Awakening
22-05-2011, 12:57 PM
I take being in the NOW as bringing greater focus to things that are taking place at the moment, not anticipating what may or may not happen.

Gem
22-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Just thinking about the now is powerful. It can make you realise things that you wouldnt in a situation normaly. It puts things into perspective, and can clarify contemplation..

However........

ONLY thinking of the now, is humanities problem. We refuse to learn from the past, to make NOW better, and therefore a better future. The NOW is the reason why we suck up so much fossil fuel, and pollute so much, and chop down forests, becasue we are only worrying about NOW, and not the future generations.

ITs just like every other situation. You cant focus on only one point. IF you did that in Hockey, say, only thinking about getting the puck..... well what next? What are you going to do with the puck? PASs it?, hold it?, score with it? Some would say that is being inthe now, but i dont think so becasue by the time your done thinking of the original point, your already out of the now into the future ( but when you say something then, its the now)

Learn from the past, to make the right decisions NOW, so we can have a brighter future!!

Tru Dat.

'Being' now is a reference to timelessness, but when using the timely reference hindsight is 20/20 vision... memory gives us the understanding of consequence.

An example is, they brought the cane toad to Australia and it exploded in population wiping out many native species. In hindsight we canknow introducing exotic species to an environment is CRAZY, (but we still do it).

I think a very short hindsight can give rize to an extraordinarily long foresight.

Xan
23-05-2011, 02:06 AM
OK thanks Xan. Of course God is not separate but guides did something to me and I am facing my religious fears (there is also the devil, etc).
Sure, it's a gradual process... facing and letting go of our fears.

What I mean in fact, when I feel this way I see really differently, I see the objects like more shiny (like pixelized), I don't have better words to describe it. I guess many people already see like that. I am really curious about this.
This sounds like you may be seeing the energy particles that all things are made of. I don't see this often, but then I'm more of a feeling than seeing type and I feel subtle energies in and around me nearly all the time.

In being present we accept whatever we are experiencing, without thinking about it much so we don't we lose our Now awareness.

Xan

Lynn
28-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Hello

I so tend to be one that lives in the NOW knowing full well how in the beat of a heart that life can change and maybe even end. Having had that happen where at one minute I was at the top of a set of stairs and the next at the bottom of the set of stairs, I now live life in the moment that is and make the best of that moment.

YES I have things set for the furture as I am a Mother of three, and yes the ducks are in a row just in case but I do not stop and worry on what might be. I have seen too many friends and family stress out and become very will. Not saying either that illness wont befall me whom knows, just that I am not going to add to that.

I go to bed at night embracing that life is good and I wake up embracing the day will be good. Even if I wake sore on sore like I often do I embrace fully that I am "alive" to face the day. That is what truly matters.

Lynn