PDA

View Full Version : When nothing comes through for reading

Simmy S
17-05-2011, 07:45 PM
I have recently started to give one to one readings and although I have been getting accurate evidence to pass on (hence I now feel able to do readings) sometimes there is just nothing there! I get diddly-squat and feel like I'm letting people down. On one occasion the person asking for reading was quite down, could that be a reason? any help would be appreciated, thanks

earthwanderess
17-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I am not sure why it happens. When I began shamanic training I was told that even the most fantastic healing shamans will have days when the spirits are not willing to give information. Try again tomorrow...

Enya
17-05-2011, 10:45 PM
This does happen, so it's best not to beat yourself up about it. Yes, the mood of the person can affect it as they may then be closed down too much. You may not be in the right frame of mind yourself, or not connecting properly. Or you may have someone who is totally closed (the prove-it brigade) or that you just can't read for!

What I do is check mentally - am I on the right level energetically? Can my spirit guides give me anything more? Am I blocking? Is the person blocking?

If all boxes are ticked and there's still nothing, then you apologise and make sure they don't go away thinking it's their fault.

daisy
17-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Simply be honest , that you aren't getting anything at that particular time, your honesty is important imo.

Simmy S
18-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Thank you all. So nice to have somewhere to ask questions, I have so many all of a sudden! x

Emmalevine
18-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I have recently started to give one to one readings and although I have been getting accurate evidence to pass on (hence I now feel able to do readings) sometimes there is just nothing there! I get diddly-squat and feel like I'm letting people down. On one occasion the person asking for reading was quite down, could that be a reason? any help would be appreciated, thanks

From the perspective of someone who has been for readings with mediums who were clearly clutching at straws, I would rather be told you're not getting anything right now. I might feel a bit down, but I'd rather that than have wasted my money. I recently saw a medium who asked me everything and then 'fed' it back in the form of 'evidence.' I came away feeling quite annoyed. I would respect a medium who told me honestly they weren't getting anything at that time.

tragblack
18-05-2011, 06:28 PM
The only example I have of feeling like this is when I try to show someone cloudbusting, but for some reason I can't do it. I think there is something about showing-off getting in the way of the actual work. As well as I can dissolve a cloud when I'm alone, I cannot do it when I am trying to show-off.

Spiritlite
18-05-2011, 06:55 PM
as a reader myself if I can't read the person I can't and I usually forewarn and just say it's an issue of energy reading which it is for me. NOthing to beat yourself up over, I've learned to accept there are reasons why I cannot read certain people.
Spiritlite.

dennisoc
22-05-2011, 06:13 PM
My wife has never had "no one" come through. There have been rare instances that the requested party doesn't "show up" but there is always someone, be they family, friend or guide with everyone, willing to pass love and communication.

Jules
22-05-2011, 06:26 PM
another way at looking at this. The instance you gave was the sitter was feeling very down, if you've picked up (probably the case) on how she/he was feeling and not recognised it as being 'theirs' chances are your vibrations lowered, making it harder for you to connect to spirit. With that then comes the anxiety because you haven't, further knocking your confidence and taking you on a downward spiral. learn to recognise what is and isn't yours - let it go, and you can do this by breathing it out - and start off on the lower vibrational link, which in turn may lead to a mediumistic one. Usually it's a case of your own self doubt, and lack of trust that stops it happening. Or it could be that the sitter has got the barriers up and won't let you in. There's nothing wrong in all this, it's all part of your development. Just don't stress over it and learn to trust yourself and your guides. You're doing fine :) Namaste J x

Pheonix
27-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Oh I know how you feel. I gave a reading to my brother and it just kept going downhill. Sometimes the person can not comprehend or take the information in that you are giving. Thankfully I do not give readings.

It just made me feel worse A. Because I had been successful with my other family members and B. It dented my self esteem.

Don't give up sometimes the message just takes time to sink in even if it is 10 years.

Toolite
30-05-2011, 03:20 PM
This does happen, so it's best not to beat yourself up about it. Yes, the mood of the person can affect it as they may then be closed down too much. You may not be in the right frame of mind yourself, or not connecting properly. Or you may have someone who is totally closed (the prove-it brigade) or that you just can't read for!

What I do is check mentally - am I on the right level energetically? Can my spirit guides give me anything more? Am I blocking? Is the person blocking?

If all boxes are ticked and there's still nothing, then you apologise and make sure they don't go away thinking it's their fault.

thats interesting and this made me think of two people I tried to get their past lives and got nothing and both was willing and wanted it.. Then one I went in to get her past life and got her past life- past painful time.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Medium_Laura
30-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I agree with Jules. People can block you without even realizing it by their energy. If you don't get anything, tell them that right now... you're not getting anything; maybe you could try again another time. :)

LightFilledHeart
30-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I agree with Jules. People can block you without even realizing it by their energy. If you don't get anything, tell them that right now... you're not getting anything; maybe you could try again another time. :)

I agree whole-heartedly! If you're getting nothing, there's a reason. They may be blocking, OR it may be that you are being prevented from seeing/revealing the information to them for some reason. I respect the laws of spirit.

I've seen readers and mediums "fake" a response when they draw a blank... most dangerous precedent to set, not to mention unethical..!

Simmy S
01-06-2011, 03:51 PM
another way at looking at this. The instance you gave was the sitter was feeling very down, if you've picked up (probably the case) on how she/he was feeling and not recognised it as being 'theirs' chances are your vibrations lowered, making it harder for you to connect to spirit. With that then comes the anxiety because you haven't, further knocking your confidence and taking you on a downward spiral. learn to recognise what is and isn't yours - let it go, and you can do this by breathing it out - and start off on the lower vibrational link, which in turn may lead to a mediumistic one. Usually it's a case of your own self doubt, and lack of trust that stops it happening. Or it could be that the sitter has got the barriers up and won't let you in. There's nothing wrong in all this, it's all part of your development. Just don't stress over it and learn to trust yourself and your guides. You're doing fine :) Namaste J x

Thanks so much for your message. It makes sense, thanks for your support x