PDA

View Full Version : Don't talk about it, BE about it!

Simon Karlos
16-05-2011, 05:06 AM
One of my brothers and a cousin stopped by the other day, and my brother made a hilarious joke about me to my cousin, saying I said "Don't talk about it, BE about it!" Now, although I never said that before in those words to anyone, I found it quite funny and wise at the same time, and now I am OWNING those words for MYSELF in regards to this forum!

This is perfect timing, given the roughly three month limit I gave myself for this website since joining in February, so I've decided to make this final post a funny one. :icon_jokercolor: My love and deep appreciation to all my fellow clowns here. You're all Awesome. Don't take this forum so seriously, and allow yourself to honestly laugh.

Simon Karlos :laughing6:

sound
16-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Well Simon ... I hope you stop in at the Big Top occasionally and check out all the 'new acts' lol ... we got off to a rocky start with each other but i am very glad we have become friends brother ... take good care and be happy :hug3:

Lisa
16-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Get back here. I haven't had a chance to agree with you. :smile:

BlueSky
16-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Sorry to see you go my friend.............I thought you brought balance to the "seriousness" of the forum. It will be missed!
Blessings, James

Shabda
16-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Brother Kar??? you had better at least visit occasionally~!

Silver
16-05-2011, 02:04 PM
What are words worth?
Everything when they're between bro & sis
http://r15.imgfast.net/users/1511/18/40/02/smiles/136621.gif (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fjavascrip t%3Aemoticonp%28%26%2339%3B%3Apsychjar%3A%26%2339% 3B%29)

{Quitting the circus indeed~}:D

in progress
16-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Glad you stopped by SK and yet another awesome message.

gentledove
16-05-2011, 04:28 PM
One of my brothers and a cousin stopped by the other day, and my brother made a hilarious joke about me to my cousin, saying I said "Don't talk about it, BE about it!" Now, although I never said that before in those words to anyone, I found it quite funny and wise at the same time, and now I am OWNING those words for MYSELF in regards to this forum!

This is perfect timing, given the roughly three month limit I gave myself for this website since joining in February, so I've decided to make this final post a funny one. :icon_jokercolor: My love and deep appreciation to all my fellow clowns here. You're all Awesome. Don't take this forum so seriously, and allow yourself to honestly laugh.

Simon Karlos :laughing6:

I don't really understand, why are you leaving just when I arrive? You were the first one to write to me and such kind words too....awwwww.:hug2:

If you don't belong here, perhaps neither do I?

Simon says, "this is a divine comedy...laugh!"...gentledove says "I couldn't agree more...hee, hee, hee"!

Well, I spend a lot of time doing things in the world, volunteer for hospice...etc. I think we're also here to advance/evolve consciousness, so there is divine work to be done here SK. It's serious work and would all be soooo tedious too without a jester to balance things out.:wink:

BlueSky
16-05-2011, 04:52 PM
How long have you been a hospice volunteer Gentledove?
I use to do that as well..........what do you think of it?
James

zipzip
16-05-2011, 08:47 PM
good luck on your journey, Simon.

zipzip

Enya
16-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the breath of fresh air!!! :D

gentledove
17-05-2011, 05:32 PM
How long have you been a hospice volunteer Gentledove?
I use to do that as well..........what do you think of it?
James

Hi James, I haven't been working as a volunteer for that long, just a few months. I have too many other essential things going on to devote as much time to it as I'd wish.

I think it's very intense and one could provide assistance full time and it still wouldn't be enough to fulfill the needs of people who're dying and their families. I've only been a volunteer for one person. She hasn't really opened up to me spiritually speaking. I was able to provide her relief from her loneliness, bring her treats and provide for some physical comfort, so it feels satisfying in that way. I imagine some of the other patients might be more philosophical? I think the experiences will be as varied as people themselves.

What did you think about it?

BlueSky
17-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi James, I haven't been working as a volunteer for that long, just a few months. I have too many other essential things going on to devote as much time to it as I'd wish.

I think it's very intense and one could provide assistance full time and it still wouldn't be enough to fulfill the needs of people who're dying and their families. I've only been a volunteer for one person. She hasn't really opened up to me spiritually speaking. I was able to provide her relief from her loneliness, bring her treats and provide for some physical comfort, so it feels satisfying in that way. I imagine some of the other patients might be more philosophical? I think the experiences will be as varied as people themselves.

What did you think about it?

Hi Gentledove,
It never got philosophical ever for me. i thought it would but that was for me, not them as I learned.
It was always about being present for these people who most of the time could not talk or remember who they were.
One woman would grab my hand and hold it when I would come and we would listen to music together. She just smiled at me….no words.
One woman didn’t know who I was one day to the next but she once told me that she wished that nice young man who visited her would come around more often.
One guy swore and yelled a lot so we played cards and swore and yelled together…lol
For me it was peaceful.
The problem I had is the time I was available seemed to coincide with nap times and feeding times and we were not allowed to feed.
I had amazing experiences including a dream with a hug goodbye from a woman who died later that morning!
When Hospice found that I can draw, I started drawing portraits of the families loved ones from younger photos for them to have as a keepsake.
Eventually, life happened and I stopped doing it but I loved it.
James

aser's homie
17-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I find that as diligence sure, diligence recovery. Dilegence maximend.
Nothing short of swatting my past into shambles in comparison.
Have recite that.

clovelly
18-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Farewell beautiful,
Thank you for sharing your energy across the cyber realm.
xxx :hug: xxx