PDA

View Full Version : Do spirtual abiliities get passed on?

Roselove
15-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I was watching a show where meduimship abiliity ran throughout the family. Is it common among people who have strong gifts to have childeren that are gifted as well? thanks

nightowl
15-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Hey Rosewater,
Yes, I strongly believe they do get passed down.The abilities that my sister and I work in have been passed down through our family for years. And the children in both our families exhibit the same abilities as well.

nightowl

Enya
15-05-2011, 10:12 PM
It does seem to run down the generations... I know abilities come down my mother's line and I think there's some in my fathers line too.

glpoisson
16-05-2011, 01:23 AM
No. Everyone has these abilities. It looks, to outside eyes, that they run 'in the family' but what they are seeing is that when young people see people they know doing things they lose their aura of mysterious and difficult to do and become things that Mom or Uncle do absent the occult stigma. It's more about focus and trusting in yourself as a receiver than in having a random, unquantifiable 'gift'.

Medium_Laura
16-05-2011, 02:29 AM
My great grandmother was a medium and now I see that my daughter talks to spirits. So yes, in my family it has. Also I come from 4 generations of psychics, which my son and daughter are showing signs of as well.

MYFIGO
16-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Perhaps it does. My Grandmother had a little bit. The best gift I received though was that she believed and since I believed in her, I believed it was possible. I think being born into a family that knows they have gifts is an advantage of being encouraged to develop them instead of their being denied.

My earliest remembered experience was when I was 3 years old and my mother wouldn't believe me. She still doesn't. It has taken me my whole life to acknowledge my experiences and embrace them. So many of my earlier experiences were frightening and I had no where or no one to turn to for help and information. The internet has been a lifesaver just to know that I am not alone.

Verunia
16-05-2011, 02:53 AM
I think so, my whole family on my mother's side- the women, have ESP with each other and are very 'knowing'. It's hard to explain in any other terms. I think maybe the talent for spiritual abilities can get passed on, like musical talent for example; but the abilities and learning themselves are dormant until something wakes em up, or realizes them.

MoonDancer
16-05-2011, 03:42 AM
I think being born into a family that knows they have gifts is an advantage of being encouraged to develop them instead of their being denied.

I agree, I think being around that while growing up really helps to nurture the abilities. Immediate family for me, being the daughter I definitely feel likes I'm the strongest one. I don't feel they aren't capable, just aren't intune with it. Other than that, a few people scattered, like my Aunt and possibly my grandmother, I feel like she could have some strong abilities, not sure if she ever nurtured them. It could be some kind of family karma, some families seems to have it easier than others.

Sundialed
16-05-2011, 03:55 AM
i started this type of thread before because my gma was psychic, her daughter, my uncle, me, lots of people responded positively