PDA

View Full Version : being different

Roselove
14-05-2011, 07:53 PM
i guess this would apply to everyone here since for most part most people's beliefs don't align with the societal norms

I've found that i percieve certain situations, people etc different then others. I know now it's bc i am an intuitive , can see person/situation for what they really are but it's created a fear in me that i will be attacked bc i dont share the same views as others. Or if myself go against what's considered normal i'll be attacked.. Anyone else have this fear?

unus supra
14-05-2011, 07:55 PM
i dont feel that way myself, BUT i can understand the fear. this world has a history of people being attacked for thinking differently. having
said that, i wouldnt worry too much about it.

Roselove
14-05-2011, 07:59 PM
thanks unus, i never had this fear before until i realized my perception of things is different then others

unus supra
14-05-2011, 08:03 PM
ya, thats the price of fame i guess haha. hopefully at some point we can all see things as they are and not be so darn afraid of each other.

northstar
14-05-2011, 08:03 PM
yes yes yes...

attacks go with the territory... i just look at it this way... 'well it seems evry1 else is being THEMselves... where is it written that i dont get to play too'... i mean... 'it was written by the gods in the heavens?... every1 on planet earth get to be themselves... well except for steve... he has to do what every1 tells him to'... (smile)

Prokopton
14-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I definitely used to have this fear. I found that it descended from parental stuff. Around the age of 6 I had already given up on people being true to themselves, and learned that if you pointed out that they were occluding their own light (or words to that effect in 6-y-o language) they would resent it. It was also the case that many adults had given up their own perceptions in order to fit in, and anything else scared them.

his remains the case for many of course. When I learned that, just because others were scared, I need not be, that changed. One still must be aware when crossing cultural lines, but the sense of worrying about being lashed out at is much less now, because I can feel safe in following my instinct about it.

northstar
14-05-2011, 08:35 PM
talk about being different... i was talking with a she/male on another channel this morning... after telling her she looked lovely, she had the sweet coy look down perfect... then all the jerks came in, and i've never seen anyone handle the traffic so well... never batted an eye... so comfortable in her skin that she might teach a few 'awakened' people in here about being... i was impressed... and that is hard to do (smile)...

Prokopton
14-05-2011, 08:38 PM
i was impressed... and that is hard to do (smile)...

That's very cool. Belonging to a sexually based subculture, with no official sanction, does force you to learn grace in a hurry I guess.

northstar
14-05-2011, 08:41 PM
indeed............

MoonDancer
14-05-2011, 08:45 PM
There are only a few people I would talk about some of this stuff with. I few lucky actually to even have them. I remember going to the mall a few months ago with my sis and her boyfriend, there was a new age store that opened up, and he called it those weird stores. I was excited! haha but was just another reminder of how most people are. Its strange actually, not trying to insult here, but compared to most popular religions today like Catholic, they seem crazy not us. If you're gonna play who crazy game.
Also like you, its easy for me to read people and know things about them, but hard for me to explain to others how I do.

Emmalevine
14-05-2011, 08:58 PM
I forget and casually mention stuff like how my room looks at night with a blizzard of particles...I get some looks I can tell you!

MoonDancer
14-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I forget and casually mention stuff like how my room looks at night with a blizzard of particles...I get some looks I can tell you!
:laughing8:

aser's homie
14-05-2011, 09:23 PM
It doesn't matter who is who when served iron filled breakfast at a delicious restaurant, so that anybody can say 'thank you' -'your'e welcome' and try to live their life to their possible fullest according to their distractions.

MoonDancer
14-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Haha on Family Feud a question was What would you expect to see in one of those "new age" stores?
"those" and ""s oh gosh those other beings.... :icon_eek:

seeker2011
14-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Rose,
I totally know what you are talking about here.
However, I would point out that my experience has been that the fear actually originates in the people who observe your nonstandard awareness and/or behaviour.
As my psychic teacher said one time in response to my voicing a desire to do 'magic'.
OOOH, that would be fun. That'll get you crucified in a hurry.

Isn't fear what Jesus ran into? over and over again.

I now protect myself by not letting them see me or witness any magic I do. It comes with the territory but I have had to catch myself and transcend ego and not allow myself to be "great in the eyes of men" for the most part. I can still amuse myself at will with it. I would answer your question this way: Yes I have experienced it, yes I've learned a little about how to deal with it, and my advice is to do what I am doing:::dont let them catch you at it.

nightowl
15-05-2011, 12:18 AM
i guess this would apply to everyone here since for most part most people's beliefs don't align with the societal norms

I've found that i percieve certain situations, people etc different then others. I know now it's bc i am an intuitive , can see person/situation for what they really are but it's created a fear in me that i will be attacked bc i dont share the same views as others. Or if myself go against what's considered normal i'll be attacked.. Anyone else have this fear?

Yes, Rosewater I have experienced what you say you fear and it was within the context you refer to as norm, it was in church. I have also experienced the same fear outside of church. I have learned that it doesn't change who I am or how I operate in my abilities. It is a fear of most, I would think not being accepted for who we are. I have experienced the fear of others like you have stated because of what I can see. I have also experienced the fear of rejection and misunderstanding. I took me quite a while to accept that this is just how things will be and actually have always been for me. In all of this I have never been without family or friends. I am not sure if this is really of any help to you, but accepting that you are different is in my opinion the best way to learn how to deal with what comes with it. I would think it comes down to a person deciding if they choose to accept their spiritual destiny, is it more important then being accepted by the norm? It is true that it helps to learn when to share and when not to share and with whom you can share it with. Spirit seems to always fill that void for me. I think Spirit knows the importance of have spiritual confidantes My heart goes out to you...:hug2:

nightowl

sound
15-05-2011, 12:49 AM

Our difference is the one thing we all have in common Rosewater ... I hope i don't get attacked for expressing my views in this way, however until we accept that, we will continue to fear what others may say if we express ourselves openly ... I am not talking about social etiquette, but rather expressing our individual perspective, because we all experience a unique slant on life. Sometimes we can feel like our own perspective is not normal, however it is we who is deciding what is normal and then conforming to it ... unless we dont create that limitation for ourselves in the first instance ... :hug3:

blackfellawhitefella
15-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Yes I have experienced it, yes I've learned a little about how to deal with it, and my advice is to do what I am doing:::dont let them catch you at it.

totally relate to this ... spend most of my time in the shadows (it's where i comfortably process) ... from heading there as a youngster

... although ,
being 'chin up and facing into the storm' shows us the 'lack of actual depth coming at us from another's attack mode '

... and also , in my experience , that an authentic (wo)man can get away with anything

(the old ... even though i walk through the valley of ... lesson)

blackfellawhitefella
15-05-2011, 03:17 AM
... however it is we who is deciding what is normal and then conforming to it ... unless we dont create that limitation for ourselves in the first instance ...

normal is the mass 'accepted' delusion , i reckon :smile:

i wear a 50 cent sized yellow badge sometimes (got it on now ..lol) that says

everyone pretend to be normal

Sarah007
15-05-2011, 10:35 AM
It is true, about these things, it is not usual to talk about spiritual things.
Most of the people are the whole time busy with 'things on earth', the things they have to do... and being in a hurry, stress, and so on. It is only when something bad happens or when people die, that at that moment some people start to think about life.
I do not talk about these things also, because I found out that they look at you like you are some kind of 'weird' person and I see them thinking: what is she talking about? I think a lot of people here recognize this... So you stop talking spiritualy with those who does not believe it, and hope that someday they will.
That is why it feels good to be at this forum, we are aware of spirituality and all of it that goes with it.
I am happy that I am spiritual and I say: no one is going to take that away from me, no matter what people think!:smile:

Greeting to all of you,
Sarah

psychoslice
15-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I simply don't flaunt my differences with others, I don't throw my inner truth out to others who I know will only sneer at them, as they say don't throw your pearls among swine for they will only trample all over them.

Deusdrum
15-05-2011, 12:03 PM
every 1 on planet earth get to be themselves... well except for steve... he has to do what every1 tells him to'... (smile)
yeah. Poor steve. he really is a good guy though if you give him a chance. I like him because he does what i tell him to do. :happy3:

jk :)

AngelicOrin
15-05-2011, 12:21 PM
I have always been a bit worried about exposing my beliefs etc. But now I don't care, I don't hide it, all of my housemates know I am a tarot reader and all.

Prokopton
15-05-2011, 12:28 PM
I have always been a bit worried about exposing my beliefs etc. But now I don't care, I don't hide it, all of my housemates know I am a tarot reader and all.

It's like growing a plant isn't it? At the beginning it needs to be carefully nurtured and protected, but later it is hard enough to stand tall in all weathers and bear fruit...

AngelicOrin
15-05-2011, 12:58 PM
It's like growing a plant isn't it? At the beginning it needs to be carefully nurtured and protected, but later it is hard enough to stand tall in all weathers and bear fruit...

It is~ I just don't say that I can hear the Angels and Spirits, but other from that they know I believe in the Angels and stuff - my huge Archangel Michael statue is a give away I think lol

blackfellawhitefella
15-05-2011, 02:09 PM
:smile:

yep. poor steve.

northstar
15-05-2011, 05:49 PM
lol guys... come dance with us... (smile)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVPNONdF58

gentledove
15-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Being different is beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_GzPCJWTmE

Enya
15-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Thing is, Rosewater, it's a perception... and perceptions can be challenged and changed. Many such fears come from the child's tendency to see everything in black and white so your fear may come from 'If I appear different from the 'norm', I will be hit, shouted at, abused in some other way...'

Society and before that, family, teaches us it is wrong to stand out, to be noticed and if your own survival depended on blending into the background at some point, then naturally your perceptions and defences are based on that.

Once you mature, however, you have a choice to challenge and change this perception. A good way to do so is to build on your inner strength and perception of Self. Next time, instead of shrinking back from voicing your own truth, try stating it firmly and clearly and if someone does 'attack', then remember they are working from their perception or reality, which really doesn't have to impact on you unless you allow it to.

northstar
15-05-2011, 06:27 PM
love it gentledove... (hugs)... yes...