PDA

View Full Version : You ARE beautiful

emmabee1990
08-05-2011, 02:15 PM
This one always stuck with me after i watching the movie "Why i wore my lipstick to my masectomy" it touched me in so many ways this movie and portrayed so well how womens confidence can be lowered and how each woman wishes she could be that completely strong and confident person like some women they look up to that are so smart, confident, capable and strong. This movie is also based on a true story of a woman who fought with breast cancer and her confidence wasn't what she would like it to be, she wanted to be that strong capable women who's daring enough to wear red lipstick.

As the two men and the women in the hairdressers spent time finding a wig for Garalyn who was so worried about losing her husband in her fight with breast cancer, she cared so much about her appearance so her husband didn't think she would be broken goods and leave her. When they found the right wig the bald man dressed as a woman in a blonde long wig said "It's what inside that counts. anyone who cant see how beautiful you are, ain't worth your time". Then during her naration she said that we should love the angels that help us when they do come around to help.

This scene touched me so much, everyone has heard that line before but like me who wishes you could be that strong and capable woman, every time you read that line it really helps you to remember your self worth and how beautiful you are no matter what anyone does or says, your whole being is beautiful and it's what inside that counts not on the out.

Cherub T
09-05-2011, 04:48 PM
That's lovely! I'm going through a tough time just now and it helped. x

Silver
09-05-2011, 05:08 PM
"It's what inside that counts. anyone who cant see how beautiful you are, ain't worth your time".

Talk about beautiful~*

This was very timely for me, as well. ty emmabee.

surrendertotheflow
09-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Great message for all of us women out there. We really break ourselves down sometimes trying to live up to some "image"

No one is more deserving of your love than yourself. No matter what anyone else tells you, you are beautiful! believe in yourself. Thanks for sharing a wonderful message :hug3:

Kiran
09-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Thank you for sharing. Beautiful!

forevergirl
10-05-2011, 10:51 AM
That is simply beautiful. I want people to love me for all of me not just the outside physical appearance. That went out in high school for me...I want that connection on all levels now.:hug:

adamiava
16-05-2011, 08:25 AM
This is wonderful!

Thank you x

Startingover
16-05-2011, 08:34 AM
I love this x

aser's homie
22-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Worthless, he who casts the first stone at your beauty.

lotus1964
25-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Perfect! Part of the reminder I needed today

LadyVirgoxoxo
28-05-2011, 04:36 AM
That sounds like a wonderful movie. I'm going to add it to my Netflix queue!

Sarian
01-06-2011, 05:28 PM
I'll have to view that movie, thanks. I've been feeling really down on myself for quite awhile and all my best efforts seem to fall flat. yesterday I decided to treat myself to a much needed trim at the hair dressers. I sat and looked in the mirror and for once in a long time I liked the way I looked. I said I was going to go short, but now I think that I just want the split ends trimmed off. She proceeded to talk my ear off by taking off big chunks of my hair and I had told her not to touch the bangs or the sides ...or just very slight, she took off inches and it looked horrible. I walked out quietly, then burst into tears. Seems all my best efforts to make myself look better and to feel better and accept myself, back fire. I cried all the way home. I hoped that my best friend would say that it looked great, but instead I got "It just looks different or odd or not very soft". For once I wish someone would say "you look beautiful" and mean it. :-(

GoddessLove
01-06-2011, 07:25 PM
I'll have to view that movie, thanks. I've been feeling really down on myself for quite awhile and all my best efforts seem to fall flat. yesterday I decided to treat myself to a much needed trim at the hair dressers. I sat and looked in the mirror and for once in a long time I liked the way I looked. I said I was going to go short, but now I think that I just want the split ends trimmed off. She proceeded to talk my ear off by taking off big chunks of my hair and I had told her not to touch the bangs or the sides ...or just very slight, she took off inches and it looked horrible. I walked out quietly, then burst into tears. Seems all my best efforts to make myself look better and to feel better and accept myself, back fire. I cried all the way home. I hoped that my best friend would say that it looked great, but instead I got "It just looks different or odd or not very soft". For once I wish someone would say "you look beautiful" and mean it. :-(

I'm sure you looked beautiful with the "not very soft" haircut. Maybe your best friend was projecting her "not very soft" thoughts unto you...next time say "well, I make this look good."

gentledove
01-06-2011, 09:31 PM

Anyone who tells you you're anything less than beautiful is just mistaken. You aren't your body, you aren't your hair. If you had received that "perfect haircut" and looked like some model in a magazine...some ideal being foisted on us all, you might continue to "buy into this". The price is too high imo (and I'm not talking about the cost of the cut).

Here is your opportunity to let your real beauty shine and be an example to others who imprison themselves and others with harsh, arbitrary and superficial judgments.

You're powerful, lovely and endearing.