PDA

View Full Version : Afraid

MoonDancer
06-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Have you ever been afraid of developing you psychic abilities more because of what you may then know? Like, the people/events around you etc.
Sometimes I am afraid that I wil be bale to see something that I was blind to that will be painful. Of course in the end it will probably be good, but if being blind to it wasn't affecting me and won't ever then why do I need to see it?

themaster
06-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Nope, but there are ego fears in everything.. my teacher has taught telepathy classes and been psychic I think since he was born.. he isn't in fear.. so I offer you the idea.. :hug3: you can go there and not be EGO afraid.. recognize the fear is your mental body's..

Westleigh
06-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I think it's perfectly normal to fear the unknown. It would be more peculiar if you weren't apprehensive about something which requires you to substantially alter your view and experience of the world.

I have had fears about developing my abilities too, and though they are slightly different fears to yours (in my case, a part of me really struggles to trust that my spiritual experiences are real or release my old view that the physical world is all there is) I do understand how you feel.

The good news is that this development is slow and gradual and you have plenty of time to adjust and explore new things as they come to you. If anything disturbs you, you then have the opportunity to halt your work in this area until you are able to process it. More than anything, it is about learning to trust in yourself and in the process; you may make mistakes or need to make new adjustments to your life, but that is true of any kind of growth. If there is more to see than you have ever seen before, why wouldn't you want to see it? We all need to be willing to take risks in order to grow. :smile:

Orbie
07-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Could it be possible to be afraid and not realise it? I guess so... just pondering here...

seeker2011
07-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Themaster is correct: Fear is ego's speciality. Ego fears his demise, which appears to him as everything non-physical, since ego is a physical being.
Westliegh is correct, it's natural.
That being said, I offer this: I have a place in the back right side of my head where thought can instantly become physical reality. If a kid throws a snowball at my vehicle while I'm driving, I can think from that spot and make the snowball fall to the ground without going far. That's scary. To know that a thought in my head can turn into physical reality is scary. BUT, I also know that there are safeguards in place to prevent anything really bad from happening. So I'm not afraid of awareness, and when I developed the ability to see things along with it came the ability to shut it off, quite automatically. And sometimes it's hard to turn it back on, but so be it.

Prokopton
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Conquering the fear within yourself and acquiring the psychic abilities go hand in hand.

surrendertotheflow
07-05-2011, 09:52 PM
The only thing to fear is fear itself. Not knowing can be scary, but the rewards of figuring things out sometimes are way more beneficial than the initial plunge. Good luck and have faith :smile:

Emmalevine
07-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Yes, I was terrified of what I might see. I had horrific nightmares about bad spirits for quite a few nights. I wouldn't go downstairs without a light on which is unheard of for me as I've lived alone for years and have no fear of the dark.

Thankfully none of my fears came to be. I had one rather edgy experience while away in Febuary, but aside from that I have only seen loving spirits and had beautiful psychic experiences.

It is natural to be afraid though. When the fear gets too intense to cope with surround yourself with white light and affirm you are a Divine spark. This will help.

Jules
07-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Prokoptons right. Conquering the fear is a part of your development. At the beginning almost every one I know has been scared but all it is is fear of the unknown. Learn to trust yourself and your guides, state your intention and what you expect from them.. it's a two way streak and you are always in control. Remember, fear breeds fear. This isn't just about developing your psychic intuition, it's also promoting your self awareness.
Namaste
Jue
x

Medium_Laura
07-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Very true. You are afraid to know people's innermost thoughts. Which that fear will actually block you from "hearing" those thoughts. Fear is a negative. As long as you have a fear then you cannot grow; it holds you back.

MoonDancer
07-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Very true. You are afraid to know people's innermost thoughts. Which that fear will actually block you from "hearing" those thoughts. Fear is a negative. As long as you have a fear then you cannot grow; it holds you back.
Ha, I do though. Always have in some way sensed what they think. Its more getting to a higher state of awareness that I am afraid of.
The fear doesn't stop me, just a slow hindering of the progress. I'm not afraid of the depth of it all just that I will suddenly know something that may shatter my world. Or that it may take some fun out of life because I can see so much. I know, I feel that I am capable of of becoming very "psychic" or aware or however you want to put it. But I feel like once that happens it kind of a life choice and everything will be colored by something spiritual. No offense but I don't want it to be my entire life!

Wolfe of Wildwood
07-05-2011, 11:49 PM
yes, but then I realize I'm more afraid of being ignorant. I don't care that developing these things can be scary 'cause it's worse not knowing what's there.

Orbie
08-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Mm but what if you yourself cant actually feel the fear, thats its subconsicous? Could this happen?

MoonDancer
08-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Mm but what if you yourself cant actually feel the fear, thats its subconsicous? Could this happen?
Then does it really matter?:wink:

Natalia
08-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Hello :smile:

Hey i'm still learning too so i hope a more experienced member can help me out here. But is it not the case where you can learn to tap out? You dont want to be walking around 'open' all day everyday, how exhausting that would be! You could tap in to what you want and need to see or hear? If you did get a random vision you'd learn what to do with it?

Possibly you could ask your guides for assistance here. Where you could say 'Ok guide, im going to so and so's house today for a visit, i just want a plain and simple visit so please keep any visions at bay during my stay there'

Or when you go out to the super market you could ask for the same request.

:icon_question:

Bright Blessings :color:

Orbie
08-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Then does it really matter?:wink:

Great answer and very true :smile:

Orbie
08-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Tinks - my gut just says its your intention, if you want to be closed then ask, visualise it using any image that helps you (eg lock and key, road sign that says no entry etc etc). You are in charge of it.

Good luck!

Medium_Laura
09-05-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm not open all day. I have set boundaries. I am a medium/psychic sure, but if information comes to me, then I am meant to know it for my highest good. The reason I know that is because I have set boundaries with my guides and the Universe. That I shall block out any information or energy that is not for my highest good. Ie: warnings about dangers, bad people,etc.

MYFIGO
09-05-2011, 12:22 AM
I set boundaries too. I protect myself from unwanted empathic experiences, emotional and physical. I also disconnect from those I need to. I choose not to connect on that level with my boyfriend. I would help him with healing but nothing more.

Wolfe of Wildwood
09-05-2011, 10:32 PM
I haven't set boundaries, but I'm not always open. I seem to open and close at random, unless I'm focused. I'm always open when I need to be though. hmm... maybe I do it subconsciously?

Autumn Ascent
11-05-2011, 03:19 AM
YES! i still meditate but when i was meditating everyday like twice a day and way into lucid dreaming i started hearing voices and random sounds before bed in my head and there was never any warning it was coming. it started scaring the **** out of me and would jolt me awake a lot when i was getting close enough to sleep which was very annoying. i started asking my spirit guides to protect me while i sleep. i think at one point i got so freaked i told them i wasn't ready for this. my meditation practice has decreased to every other day because of part time work and i don't lucid dream as much anymore. i hear stuff a little bit before bed but not as much..do i regret it? yes and no. i think i'll know when i'm ready for it. it's normal to fear the unknown.

Shutterspeed
11-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Fear is part of what brought me to this forum, I am afraid of letting go of things, a bit of a control freak (so i am told). Somebody told me once that fear stands for-
False
Evidence
Apperaring
Real

surrendertotheflow
11-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Fear is part of what brought me to this forum, I am afraid of letting go of things, a bit of a control freak (so i am told). Somebody told me once that fear stands for-
False
Evidence
Apperaring
Real

I like that!! :icon_flower:

Medium_Laura
11-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Fear is the unknown. Once you begin to break down your fear, you will then control it. Fear is normal and part of our human bodies. It keeps us protected (body). Spirit is not familiar with fear because it is pure love and cannot understand anything harming it.

Once you work through your body's defense of what it is you fear ie: death, a certain illness, a phobia, possession, etc. You will come to understand that fear is part of the mind (the mind is attached to the body and not the spirit).