PDA

View Full Version : Imagination VS Third Eye

GoddessLove
04-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey there!!!:hug3:

I'm just wondering...how can you tell the difference between your imagination and your third eye? Or are they ONE? If so, then is it real or fake?

Lately when I close my eyes real tight, I am envisioning all these beautiful hues of purple and blue with beautiful flowers surrounding angels. Angels with big beautiful white wings and sun glaring on me. In my head I'm thinking "this is fake" But yet, if fake, why would my brain choose to focus on those images? I'm definitely gaining control over my thoughts, the more I rely on a higher power, the less thoughts I have, I think. :D Hey, I'm not the most experienced in this, but something is changing in me drastically and I would appreciate some pointers.

Please let me know the difference:hug:

Westleigh
04-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Hi GoddessLove,

That's a tricky question, because there really is no clear distinction between them. Your imagination creates your spiritual reality - that is, when you imagine something, the spirit part of you is genuinely experiencing it. Dreams are a good example of this. Dreams are created by our imagination (though usually unconsciously), but because we are detached from the physical world when we are sleeping we experience them fully as our reality. Your imagination is a very powerful thing.

It is via exactly the same powerful tool that we can receive visions, images and experiences from spirit. If we are to do this, we must be able to step aside and cease creating our own thoughts long enough to allow spirit to introduce them to us. Meditation is an excellent way to practice doing this. But ultimately only you can determine whether any particular thought you have originates from you or from spirit. If a vision or message arrives seemingly from nowhere and carries a positive association for you, it's likely to be spirit communication, but try to trust your initial intuition on the subject. It may take practice to learn to distinguish between the two.

But it is also worth considering if the distinction is truly important - visions and messages from yourself are valuable too, as we all have a higher, more spiritually knowledgeable part of us which we can also open up to during spiritual practice. One of my spirit guides likes to tell me, "your most important guide is you." I would say the most important thing is to be receptive and try to best understand the things which come to you, without worrying about the source, so long as your impressions are positive ones. :smile:

nightowl
05-05-2011, 01:23 AM
I agree with what Westleigh has shared. Another suggestion that might help you differentiate between the two is; many times when you experience things in the spirit an essence of it will bleed over into your reality, as you have stated you are noticing a difference in how you can control your thoughts, connection with spirit does just that it creates a connection that you can sense and feel.
Imagination tends to feel more temporal. Hope you find what you are seeking...

nightowl

jjj
05-05-2011, 02:46 AM
That really is a good and valid question. I tend to veer toward there is a relationship between spirit and human. I mean, I seem to do things that are guided and sometimes I know they're guided and sometimes I don't. Really strange coincidences happen. One example is that a few years ago we got our first dog. My brother had her temporarily and asked if we would take her because the dog loved being outdoors and we have a farm. I told him we couldn't have a dog because my kids both suffered from allergies too bad. However, when we met her we both fell in love and we were amazed by how she seemed to know what we were thinking (for instance, I thought "OK, I'm sold... now all you have to do is convince daddy. Just then she calmly walked over to him and put her head on his lap, looking up at him with those puppy-dog eyes). So, she came home and we continued to be amazed with the importance that she played in all of our lives. When we took her from my brother's house, he told us her name was Shay. Later (a couple of years later), I found out that her name had been Jay (which is a name that I go by on-line all the time) but they had changed it because it didn't fit a girl dog. And if that wasn't good enough, as I started to type about this, I looked up and there was a boy on the TV that my kids are watching that was holding a sign saying, "Vote for Jay". Sounds made up, right? It isn't even all that unusual anymore. The thing with myself is; I have seldom "heard" a message (although it has happened) but I've grown to trust... the light.

This may all sound insane :p . Once when I 'heard' a message it was because I was in danger and that was the message. Another time my body moved to pull a drowning child out of dark water. What is funny is that the water was so dark that I couldn't see him. In fact, I really had no proof that he was even there. My mind was completely confused... I didn't KNOW what I was doing... my body just did it. So, when less 'profound' things happen, I just trust. I might not know at the time that there is a reason that I take someone to an animal shelter (for instance)... but the next week might find out that this person's very elderly support animal is on the brink of death and that the person needs another support animal and because of the "random" trip to the shelter, is now open to the idea of looking into a new support animal when this one passes. I don't know it until 'after the fact' because I don't need to. It's never me. In fact, part of me wonders if it is, in part the spirit of the support animal who is ready to go but not able to because he is still working. :)

themaster
05-05-2011, 04:53 AM
All things are one.. so in that essence yes, they are..

(this is a ego question.. about difference.. here I gave you a spiritual answer.. there is none! :tongue: )

I do not know for sure for myself.. (as in my experience) I only know the imagination is accessed with the higher self.. me and my 3rd eye are just getting to awakened stages.. I recently put the "eye of horus" in my 3rd eye, my pineal and my 7th chakra.. I'm sure that will make my acid trips rock! :D

E. E. Mitch Ham Ell
07-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Hi, read my topic about Thinking- Forms, in the sub-forum Astral Projection. Maybe will be usefull.

Alexandre
Sacred Space Mitch Ham Ell

GoddessLove
07-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Thank you all:)