PDA

View Full Version : forgetfullness/easily distracted

Sungirl
04-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Has anyone found that they have got more and more forgetfull or more easily distracted as they have gone along their path.

In the distant path, when I was a very anxious person I was very "on the ball", knowing what I was doing, very focused and not forgetful. As I have got more confident and trusting I have found that I am less focuses, more easilly distracted and utterly empty headed.

I can't remember anything and last weekend I was losing stuff all over the place simply because I was not thinking about what I was doing.

It could be a number of things that are causing this, some not spiritual at all... but I just wondered if it was something that others were experiencing... maybe due to being more ungrounded or something...

:confused:

Kaere
04-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes, being more grounded helps issues of being distracted and less focused.

bbr
04-05-2011, 04:07 PM
As I have got more confident and trusting I have found that I am less focuses, more easilly distracted and utterly empty headed.That comment strikes a chord with me, tilia. I haven't gotten more forgetful. But as the years go by, I notice I place less and less importance on trivial things, including my opinions and beliefs, and needing outcomes to work out in this or that particular way. We let go of attachments as we grow in consciousness and awareness. And that letting go no doubt manifests in different ways for different people. That would be my observation.

Sungirl
04-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi bbr

that's great until it manifests in me leaving my keys in the lock of my bike top-box and then riding away, which could have led to me losing them.

Or leaving my mobile and MP3 in my tent and going out for the day, which could have led to them being stolen (My MP3 player is my sanity as it has my audio books, meditation music and normal music on it)

Luckily someone saw the keys and my stuff was safe (maybe showing me I am being looked after) but it is getting very very annoying not being able to find important stuff or expensive to replace stuff.

Roselove
04-05-2011, 09:40 PM
yes! i have been expierencing this for the past few weeks