PDA

View Full Version : Congo

hippocratie
03-05-2011, 11:20 PM
I once worked with a couple people from Congo. We were on our lunch break and one of the guys had a bag of chips. He pulled a suprise out of his bag, it was a collector card that said Congo on it. He was so suprised, he said 'I'm from Congo.' I explained to him that it was an ad for a movie that came out a couple years ago, it must be an old bag of chips. He was so interested, they made a movie about Congo. I explaind yeah it's a pretty good movie. It's about a bunch a monkeys that were trained to mine diamonds so they took all the diamonds and stuck them in a cave and they kill anyone that goes close to it. The two guys looked at each other so strangly, but what could I say. It was a pretty good movie.

claymation
07-05-2011, 05:05 PM
I seen this movie in hopes of it being this fantastic subject but was duly disappointed when the apes made their first appearance. It would have been a great movie for the 1950's Ray Harryhausen crowd.

I felt the movie could have been more than a cheap amateur special effects flick and more of a fact based drama concerning the actual mines of King Solomon. It would have been a good thing for them if the Congo would be represented in a good historical light instead of a fantastical and wondrous talking ape sci-fi.

I liked the old Stewart Granger one in terms of legend or Solomon mine lore.