PDA

View Full Version : does everything happen for a reason

jturk
03-05-2011, 10:06 PM
i seem to be going through a tough time right now & if i heard my guide correctly its intentional & sort of like a right of passage.

in this tough time, i keep experiencing different emotional fears & pain. so im wondering. what exactly is the purpose of experiencing these painful emotion or experiences? what exactly does it do? i hear people talk about how we grow the most during tough times, but i dont feel different other than my self esteem is shot.

konrard
03-05-2011, 10:29 PM
to give you a really basic version:

everyone has self-defense barriers put up. these are things that blind us from the truth, because we are not ready to face what is reality yet. whenever you feel discomfort, fear, or any other negative emotion (which is really fear) this is an opportunity to let go of that fear and remove some barriers, leading us closer and closer to our true self.

edit: oh and everything does happen for a reason, in the end you will learn its all really for the same reason, and it will all make sense

themaster
03-05-2011, 11:57 PM
does everything happen for a reason?The answer is both yes and no..

This is a designed reality so in a sense because it's created everything is on purpose.. but even in our exploring 'somethings' we still find or get surprised by certain aspects of our selves/creation..

So again the answer is both..

You are the one who creates your life.. even when sometimes it appears that you would have not chosen to create this..

What we choose to do from non-physical vs. here.. can be very surprising..

In this life you might be say tormented by your father we'll just say it's "I'm not good enough!" yet in non-physical you asked your friend (he's not really your father there! :D) to push you and push you in this life and he agreed..

And he fulfilled his end.. he pushed you and he pushed you and learned a lot in that experience not to be like your father.. even to hate him (when people go to extremes) :rolleyes:

All things are choice here.. even when we do not believe we have choice! :tongue:

So if you’re having a bad time.. I would just accept responsibility for what you created.. and start creating what you prefer :smile:

You can't change necessarily what you agreed to from non-physical (you sometimes can!) but you can flow through it with ease and grace.. rather then I hate this! :tongue:

Kaere
03-05-2011, 11:59 PM
I find that my opinion on the matter changes drastically depending on if my day is going well or going poorly. I am very inconsistent.

TzuJanLi
04-05-2011, 01:40 AM
Greetings..

Yes, everything happens for a reason, one singular reason.. it happens so we can experience our own existence, which.. is the Whole experiencing its existence through itself manifested as we/us/life.. the reason and the purpose is unconditional experience, without any intervention or manipulation.. it is Life, here and Now.. a relationship between the collective Whole and its unique 'parts', we/us/Life.. it through these unconditional relationships the the Source/the Whole experiences the evolution of its own self-awareness, discovering its own 'nature'..

As Consciouss is evolving, there is nothing to 'learn', as if there is pre-existing 'knowledge'.. 'knowledge' is evolved through the experiences of interconnected relationships, building the structure for expanding awareness and evolving Consciousness into ever-more clear understandings of "What AM I"? The complexities of 'if/then' speculations conjured into stories supported by word-crafting and emotional manipulation serve no understanding of self-awareness, they are distractions that separate the purpose of experiencing one's own existence, from its natural evolution..

Be well..

william.b
04-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I wonder about this myself sometimes. Sometimes I think we fall into a trap. If everything does happen for a reason, does that mean we are going to know the reason? It drives me crazy. I often think I NEED a reason. I continually ask myself, "what is the reason? what is the reason?" and when one isn't apparent I think "I can't see it. This is unfair. If there were a reason I would see it and I could understand. But experiencing this without a reason makes it meaningless."
The trap is, I am looking at myself as a flawed person who isn't "getting it.".
I have decided that in some cases, the reason this is happening is simply for me to deal with hardship and not look for the reason. There is nobility in dealing with hardship. Even when it initially feels meaningless to us.
Maybe the reason will become apparent decades from now. Maybe in another life.
I think sometimes we have to let go of the need for reasons.
I hope you find a good way forward with this.

movingthrough
04-05-2011, 04:23 PM
jturk: you might want to check out Emanuel Swedenborg. He was a scientist in the 1700's who had some massive, ongoing spiritual experiences and came out of it with some really cool perspectives on life. He believed that the bad things that happen to us, while not ideal, can be useful because in times of crisis we soften a bit and are willing to let go of negative beliefs and false ideas that keep us trapped and asleep to the realities of life. Sorry that you're having a hard time, and while I do think things happen for a reason, I don't think that means we deserve our harsh experiences. I think they're just the consequences of living in a currently-messed-up world :)

athribiristan
04-05-2011, 05:42 PM
You

-----------------