PDA

View Full Version : You only give what you have

epicsinner
02-05-2011, 04:03 PM
People tend to give what they possess , for example a person with a noble heart would spread kindness, love and joy all around, where as person full of filth will give slangs, ugly remarks full of hate etc, like wise some also give their life ( although we all have one) for a noble cause and some for trivial causes.
Comments are welcome.:hug3:

supersonic
04-05-2011, 10:01 AM
It depends of your structure and how you were raised as a kid. If you had a good childhood or bad. 80% of people behave how they were raised. Ofcourse experience is the other factor and it is just sometimes how you feel being it open or closed, angry, happy and such. Its all life in it.

epicsinner
04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
With a same set of stimuli people behave or respond differently, the nature and nurture both plays a part, but the responses can be conditioned with better ones consciously, like anger control by meditation.But with true knowledge comes humbleness in everything, and you have many nice things to disburse.:D

supersonic
04-05-2011, 08:11 PM
As Carl Gustav Jung said "What you see is what the world is"
If you can somehow turn negative into positive, which is hard to do mostly. Most of negative things people say wouldnt bothered you much.

LadyVirgoxoxo
08-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I agree. How could you give more than what you have?

Shabda
08-05-2011, 09:13 PM
by being "bigger" than you are at any given moment...

LadyVirgoxoxo
08-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Explain please. If one has only two apples, how could they give three?

Shabda
08-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Love makes all things possible, being bigger than you are is sort of like being the bigger person, but that the comparison is made with yourself and not another, be more considerate, patient, forgiving etc, dont be limited to or by the physical...

epicsinner
09-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Material manifestations are always trivial in nature, but with right knowledge it can also be multiplied n no of time why only three, you can give millions even if you don't have any, there are infinite possibilities for an receptive and giving mind,try distributing love , it will never end and am sure its sweeter than an apple.:hug:

Shabda
09-05-2011, 03:19 AM
Material manifestations are always trivial in nature, but with right knowledge it can also be multiplied n no of time why only three, you can give millions even if you don't have any, there are infinite possibilities for an receptive and giving mind,try distributing love , it will never end and am sure its sweeter than an apple.:hug:
i like that~!

supersonic
09-05-2011, 12:17 PM
You need to take enough stuff from other people and then after you gain experience deploying it to others.
If you give what you have, you will only give what you have, when you will have more experience you will give more and more. Even when you are on your dark road, if your road has finished and you learned from it, you can give even that but in a positive way by changing negative thinking.
If you are all positive by yourself than you havent experienced the negatives, so even than you cant give more. We are all made of flesh and we all make mistakes. By learning those mistakes and not making them again you sure can share your knowledge.

epicsinner
09-05-2011, 01:51 PM
More or less is dependent on the pool one is accessing, and that pool can be infinite like an ocean, of course the pool isn't made of materialistic substances.And learning is an continuous process, it never ends , one can always improvise.But inspite of all this , the sharing of an unlimited source never depletes it, does it? :hug3:

supersonic
09-05-2011, 05:23 PM
It can get very limited depending of what you see. If your seeing is limited and you only see physical atributes of any person and later if that person has some kind of problem you can only give what you see and that is nothing much. All you can say is, oh I see you have a problem but it doesnt affect me cause Im not a problem solver and all I see is your boobs.
Or you can by your experience if someone is feeling bad or just need an advice be open and give what you have to give and not just close yourself by being scared or that.

Squatchit
09-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Here's a thought Lady.

Two apples, butter, flour and sugar.

Not much eh?

I can't remember the word for it but it's to do with the sum of its part is more than each part (or sumthing)....:D

And voila - a delicious tasting apple crumble.

Internal Queries
09-05-2011, 06:31 PM
i was raised strict Catholic, conditioned from infanthood to self sacrifice so on reflex i'd give all that i am if there was something or someOne to give myself to. the conditioning is so deeply ingrained that some part of my Id is still waiting for that reflex to be triggered. and that part of my Id would believe itself "holy" if that self sacrificial impulse was ever triggered. lol insanity! i guess i inhaled too much frankinsense when i was kid and it caused permanent drain bamage. lol

Enya
09-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I want to qualify the original statement: you only give what you have until you learn to release the riches you once limited through ignorance.

There. Much better. :D

Shabda
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I want to qualify the original statement: you only give what you have until you learn to release the riches you once limited through ignorance.

yes indeed~!

epicsinner
10-05-2011, 01:06 AM

well said, Enya, the second part of the sentence qualifies the first one to a much higher plane and that realization is required, the faster the better.:smile:

Gem
10-05-2011, 07:13 AM
I still reckon if you have two apples you can't afford to give away more than one. Someone might over extend themself... bite off more than they can chew.

epicsinner
10-05-2011, 09:39 AM
I still reckon if you have two apples you can't afford to give away more than one. Someone might over extend themself... bite off more than they can chew.
ok, I dunno, but lets say I agree with you, kindly gimme some more time, i sahll give more.Here is another solution albeit a materialistic one - I take the seeds of two apples and plant them, then lets say few apple trees grow , then one can have many more apples than two and so on...:wink:

LadyVirgoxoxo
11-05-2011, 10:31 AM
ok, I dunno, but lets say I agree with you, kindly gimme some more time, i sahll give more.Here is another solution albeit a materialistic one - I take the seeds of two apples and plant them, then lets say few apple trees grow , then one can have many more apples than two and so on...
Well of course you can :smile: But unfortunately many people do not think outside the box.