PDA

View Full Version : Am I going in the right direction?

cvs
02-05-2011, 02:51 AM
Hello :)

I feel like i've been on a journey for some time now, but in the last few years I feel like it has been speeding up. I feel like I am gaining wisdom from the lessons i'm learning, but I feel like the door which has my answer is eluding me. Im opening up all these other doors looking for it and getting all this new knowledge and wisdom from them. I understand it might all be part of the puzzle, but I feel like im going around in a spiral, just collecting more and more knowledge.

The problem is that I feel like my heart is alerting me louder and louder as the weeks past, begging for the answer.

Is this just a phase? Or am I looking in the wrong places?

If anyone has any experience like this or any advise or comments, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks, Colin.

athribiristan
02-05-2011, 03:18 AM

I feel like i've been on a journey for some time now, but in the last few years I feel like it has been speeding up. I feel like I am gaining wisdom from the lessons i'm learning, but I feel like the door which has my answer is eluding me. Im opening up all these other doors looking for it and getting all this new knowledge and wisdom from them. I understand it might all be part of the puzzle, but I feel like im going around in a spiral, just collecting more and more knowledge.

The problem is that I feel like my heart is alerting me louder and louder as the weeks past, begging for the answer.

If anyone has any experience like this or any advise or comments, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks, Colin.

I would suggest a change of perspective. Try looking at it from another point of view. Maybe take a step back and gain a broader perspective. Look for a pattern. Revisit old ideas and really chew them up and think about them. Read a new philosophy. Study Buddhism....or the Bible.

I think you have the information you need, you just have to fit the pieces together. Mix things up. Challenge your own beliefs and see what survives.

Silver
02-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Are you going in the right direction? It depends on where you think you're going and where you really want to go. At some point, you have to make up your mind what you really want out of life and what sort of general path you think you need to take to get there. One can gather knowledge until the cows come home, but until you choose, it's just a collection of facts or supposed facts. You said your heart is alerting you more and more, yearning for some sort of answer / choice / decision (about what, though?)

psychoslice
02-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Intellectual understanding can only take us so far, there must come a time when you have to drop all that you have accumulated, the more you accumulate the the more you must drop. You can only come to your true SELF when you are naked, stripped of all knowledge that you have for so long held onto, your knowledge has been your map and like any map it can never be your destination, it can only point you to your destination, when you have arrived you no longer need the map, you are there. The map or knowledge has served you well but it can never be what you truly are, you are always there, in fact you didn't really need the map, you were always there, but a map or knowledge is what most need, but the map or knowledge can keep most in the illusion that their destination is actually the knowledge itself, and this is how we become so wrapped up in our knowledge, we then make our home in this knowledge and we create dogma and even become a fundamentalist like most religions.

cvs
02-05-2011, 04:02 AM
I would suggest a change of perspective. Try looking at it from another point of view. Maybe take a step back and gain a broader perspective. Look for a pattern. Revisit old ideas and really chew them up and think about them. Read a new philosophy. Study Buddhism....or the Bible.

I think you have the information you need, you just have to fit the pieces together. Mix things up. Challenge your own beliefs and see what survives.

Hi athribitistan, Thanks for your reply.

I am constantly looking at things from varying perspectives, learning a lesson from each one. I usually learn lots from each one, until it all kind of clicks into a single lesson, and then I seem to move on with my entire conciousness shifting for the next. Each one usually takes from a few weeks to a few months, perhaps more; and I've been going through these cycles consistantly for years. Its hard work.

It all feels very up in my head, but over the last maybe 6 months with increasing strength, my heart has started to tell me a story of it's own. I thought that perhaps it meant that my journey was getting ready to conclude, it felt like the end was finally in view. But I feel a bit lost at the moment.

Perhaps I am now putting together all the lessons i've learnt into the final product. That would explain why I suddenly feel lost. Perhaps I am just missing the last few pieces. Perhaps this is a lesson in itself. I cant help but feel like there is some sort of purpose to it all!

cvs
02-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Are you going in the right direction? It depends on where you think you're going and where you really want to go. At some point, you have to make up your mind what you really want out of life and what sort of general path you think you need to take to get there. One can gather knowledge until the cows come home, but until you choose, it's just a collection of facts or supposed facts. You said your heart is alerting you more and more, yearning for some sort of answer / choice / decision (about what, though?)

Wow thanks for the great reply!

Maybe thats what im looking for - what I want out of life.

I think my heart is just yearning for happyness, but I dont know how to achieve that yet. I feel like I have so much motivation and purpose and that I am so close. Im not a person who would never give up. The worse a situation I find myself in, the more effort I put in. I think the hard work must come first.

Colin

Rah nam
02-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Am I going in the right direction?

You could not go in the wrong direction, even if you tried.

cvs
02-05-2011, 04:18 AM
Intellectual understanding can only take us so far, there must come a time when you have to drop all that you have accumulated, the more you accumulate the the more you must drop. You can only come to your true SELF when you are naked, stripped of all knowledge that you have for so long held onto, your knowledge has been your map and like any map it can never be your destination, it can only point you to your destination, when you have arrived you no longer need the map, you are there. The map or knowledge has served you well but it can never be what you truly are, you are always there, in fact you didn't really need the map, you were always there, but a map or knowledge is what most need, but the map or knowledge can keep most in the illusion that their destination is actually the knowledge itself, and this is how we become so wrapped up in our knowledge, we then make our home in this knowledge and we create dogma and even become a fundamentalist like most religions.

I have read this a few times in attempt to truely grasp the meaning, and i think it is making sense. I think you are not suggesting to try to forget all knowledge, but rather come to the acceptance that it is not a part of who I really am?

The fundamentalist part struck a particular choard with me, as to find a fundamental set of principles which can be applied to anything and everything sounds like a dream come true! "A unified theory of everything".

cvs
02-05-2011, 04:25 AM

Am I right to think that you believe that the future is already written?

athribiristan
02-05-2011, 04:41 AM

Only that everyone eventually gets where they are going.

The future is written or unwritten depending on your perspective regarding time.

GentleStrength
02-05-2011, 05:30 AM
I understand it might all be part of the puzzle, but I feel like im going around in a spiral, just collecting more and more knowledge.

An upward moving spiral is a great direction to be moving in, in my opinion. I never found that there was one specific thing I had to learn and then everything was answered. It was more like each thing I sought and attained then led me on to the next idea or concept that I was excited to explore.

However, consciously choosing your destination does make a huge impact on what you learn and integrate within yourself. So for example if learning how to be unreasonably happy is something you would like to understand for yourself, direct your focus onto that idea and follow your heart and your excitement into whatever teachings/learnings/actions that you feel will help you reach that goal.

The happiness one is a good goal btw, learned that one many years ago in one day and have enjoyed having it ever since. :D

Love and Light

Rah nam
02-05-2011, 06:07 AM

Yes and no

as a spiritual being you are bound to go where you ought to go, whether you take a few more turns to get there or you go in a relative strait line matters little.

Rah nam

Greenslade
02-05-2011, 06:53 AM

Thanks, Colin.
Hi Colin,

Spirals are good, there's nothing wrong with them. Most people go round in circles, but if you do that then you only end up going up your own backside. I don't believe there is such a thing as the wrong Path. Every Path we walk we can gain something from, so is that so wrong after all? It's only wrong if you see it as wrong.

But here's a radical concept for you. You say your Heart is looking for the answer? You already have the answer. YOU are the answer. What you're learning, what you're gaining, your experience...... All of these things are delivered to your lap by the Universe to reinforce the answer. The question is, what is the question? The question is, what are the reasons for it happening? You'll never see the end of the road while you're travelling, and the only way to find out where the road goes is to walk down it. Tell your Heart to sit down and be still for a time, to just enjoy the ride. While it's looking for answers that are already there and not seeing them, it's missing the scenery at the side of the Path.

themaster
02-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Wow thanks for the great reply!

Maybe thats what im looking for - what I want out of life.

I think my heart is just yearning for happyness, but I dont know how to achieve that yet. I feel like I have so much motivation and purpose and that I am so close. Im not a person who would never give up. The worse a situation I find myself in, the more effort I put in. I think the hard work must come first.

ColinIt's not hard work to happiness.. :rolleyes:

You might want to rethink what your saying.. (or at least be more conscious)

Cause what your saying is a belief.. for me to have eternal bliss.. I'm gonna have to wallow through the depths of hell.. get bruised, beaten up at least 2 tattoo's.. :tongue: then I've done it.. I can have happiness.. :D

This is what I can tell you.. I went to my teachers level 1 class.. and after it.. I said to him much to my surprise.. "I was in pain" and that's about all I'll say.. since that class I've gotten a lot happier.. am I in a existent state of eternal bliss..??

Not exactly.. but I'm working my way there.. and it's not torture to get there.. my teacher likes to say "some assembly required" :wink:

cvs
02-05-2011, 10:40 AM
It's not hard work to happiness.. :rolleyes:

You might want to rethink what your saying.. (or at least be more conscious)

Cause what your saying is a belief.. for me to have eternal bliss.. I'm gonna have to wallow through the depths of hell.. get bruised, beaten up at least 2 tattoo's.. :tongue: then I've done it.. I can have happiness.. :D

This is what I can tell you.. I went to my teachers level 1 class.. and after it.. I said to him much to my surprise.. "I was in pain" and that's about all I'll say.. since that class I've gotten a lot happier.. am I in a existent state of eternal bliss..??

Not exactly.. but I'm working my way there.. and it's not torture to get there.. my teacher likes to say "some assembly required" :wink:

I wouldnt describe it as hell - or even negative or unpleasant. Iv enjoyed my journey so far. The problem is that recently iv felt like im getting ready for something different, but I havnt concluded my current path just yet. Perhaps I need to make a choice between them.

themaster
02-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I wouldnt describe it as hell - or even negative or unpleasant. Iv enjoyed my journey so far. The problem is that recently iv felt like im getting ready for something different, but I havnt concluded my current path just yet. Perhaps I need to make a choice between them.I think the smart path is to follow your excitement..

But maybe you do have 2 choices coming up.. the interesting thing is from my awareness if I understand correctly we the creator of this reality and the one.. want to know ourselves so much.. that either path you take.. is chosen :D

A aspect of yourself will explore it one way.. while another aspect.. explores it the way you choose.. until you recoil like a yo-yo back into your soul to evaluate your lives :D

So what I'm really saying to you is.. "can't do it wrong!" :D (something someone else said to you above I believe.. different words :tongue: :D )

Silver
02-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Hmm. If your heart seems to asking if you're going in the right direction, then seems like your heart is acting like a divining rod and there is something your mind or intellect hasn't seen or felt that your heart is yearning to find; otherwise, why ask if you're going in the right direction. There must be some wisdom of your heart that is seeking out 'something' or a special place or person.

blackfellawhitefella
02-05-2011, 03:31 PM

hahahahaha

that takes some of the stress out of it !!!! :smile:

my first thought in answer to the question was ... as long as your moving