PDA

View Full Version : Opening the hand chakras help

alphamind
01-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi guys, how's it going. First post on this board...

I've been awakening the chakras slowly over a period of time by instructions from a site (which I cannot post until I make 15 posts) and I find them very effective, so I feel comfortable sticking with the site's exercises.

I feel now it's time to also awaken the hand chakras, but I am stuck in the instructions, lol. :p Basically the only part I'm stuck at, is the part where my thumb pads should be touching the hollow points of my hands. The thing is English is not my everyday language, and I'm unsure which part of the hand that is. Hollow is being defined as 'form by making a hole'.

Here is the part exactly as written

Put your hands facing each other, fingertips almost touching and relaxed. (Your fingers can be slightly bent).
With the pad of your thumb, press into the palm of each of your hands, right in the hollow part.

Hope one can explain :D

Enya
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
I just tried it and my thumbs reach into the very centre of my palms, which is where the hand chakra is, so that's what you do... fingers lightly bent and touching, thumbs pressing on the centre of your palm. So - right thumb presses on right palm, left thumb on left palm.

alphamind
01-05-2011, 10:57 PM
I just tried it and my thumbs reach into the very centre of my palms, which is where the hand chakra is, so that's what you do... fingers lightly bent and touching, thumbs pressing on the centre of your palm. So - right thumb presses on right palm, left thumb on left palm.

Do you mean left thumb touching right palm, and reverse?

My thumb pad can't reach towards the center of my palm, but it doesn't make sense the other way either.

I'm betting this is so simple and I'm just not getting it, lol.

Pheonix
02-05-2011, 12:05 AM
There's plenty of time to open the chakra's I'm actually mystified as to why you might be doing this. You might want to research the Kabbbala to gain a deeper insight. It's like studying a degree and takes many years to fully comprehend what the chakra's are about. I'm not saying that you don't know what your doing just like any subject we study we must first know what it is that garner's our interest. Meditation would be good for you and breathe is important.