PDA

View Full Version : Deja vu

Lynn
30-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Déjà vu - That Feeling of Been Here Done That

The meaning of Déjà vu is “ already seen” , that feeling of been here done that where one feels sure the event has already happened. Or being “seen” as in maybe a dream or vision to have the event come to actually pass.

It is often thought on as a strange feeling and at times viewed as creepy. The most common way that Déjà vu comes to us is in our dreams. At times we have the feeling of travel or of meeting someone and that comes to pass at some later date. One goes to a place one has never seen before yet seems to walk around it KNOWING its layout. Or one meets a person that you KNOW that one has never met yet ye share in the knowledge of common interests or even places.

Many times it can be linked to past life memories. Example being one travels to a foreign land and seemingly knows that land. Come to a landmark and before one has time to explore or learn about it, that knowledge is there with one. One too can see at times a picture and know where and what it is before one looks deeper into its meaning. If one can take the time and access further information one might well find that the information one has “seen” lines up exactly to was . \Why this information seems to almost leak in is not funny understood and it has been wildly studied in laboratory settings.

The way it is often researched is via hypnosis, but when one is put into this state it is hard to tell what is true experience and what might well be suggestive or even suggestions. What hypnosis is not is a form of being unconscious as one would be in a state of sleep. One is fully conscious in a full awake state, and is very much aware of what is going on, what one is lacking is the peripheral awareness. Peripheral being that state of awareness that is very near the surface, so the brain is in a full waking state.

Déjà vu is not “precognition” or “prophecy but an occurrence that is unique as it is a memory being recalled. Where prophecy is a process in which one gets messages and has maybe communicated with a being to obtain this information. Precondition is direct knowledge and the perception of future events to come. This is often called extra sensory in the means of which its obtained. Déjà vu is a sense of recollection of specific events or circumstances or even people. It is thought to be the over lapping of the neuro pathways that house short and long term memory. The information is put in like a holding pattern and stored til it is needed.

Lynn

nightowl
30-04-2011, 05:06 AM
This was an interesting little read thanks for posting it. I am not quite sure where I stand on deja vu...probably because I am not to sure about what I believe about past lives either.

Greenslade
30-04-2011, 10:01 AM
It's been said that time doesn't exist, that everything that did happen, is happening and can happen is happening right now. Perhaps deja vu is a little insight into that, as though there's a little bit of a leak in the veils?

NetSeeker
30-04-2011, 12:37 PM
The kind of déjà vu's I have usually involve situations occurring exactly as I recall them. But I can never really remember when I first 'saw' a situation unfolding.

It's usually very common stuff. I'll sit at my desk at work, for instance, and I'll look up and it could be that someone's walking in, someone else is in the middle of a sentence and someone else might just be doing something specific. It'll be so precise it's made me wonder how much free will one really has.

A while ago I had a déjà vu and I actually said, during the event, that I was having a déjà vu and even though I was recognizing the event as it unfolded and aware that I had seen it before I found myself unable to make any changes. Everything carried out exactly the way I recalled it, up to the very smallest of details.

It makes me wonder, as they do seem like tiny glimpses in to the future. Everything I do leads up to the present moment. Even though I think at each moment that I am acting of my own free will, I still never miss a déjà vu, like no matter what I do, it'll happen exactly as I recalled it. :S

Sounds fuzzy, I know. I can't explain it too well... :confused:

Lynn
30-04-2011, 02:32 PM
It's been said that time doesn't exist, that everything that did happen, is happening and can happen is happening right now. Perhaps deja vu is a little insight into that, as though there's a little bit of a leak in the veils?

Hello

I have to feel the same way. Time is a man made thing. I do not feel that other's in the univirse would embrace this time thing. Too I know well in the Spirit World there is not time. One does not come forth and go to me OMG I have been dead a 2o0 years. One comes forth and that then can be discussed.

I personally think that veil works both ways as one's can come to us so can we go to them. Its opening more and more it seems one levels not seen before. Its wonderous thing as we move forward to that state of understandings.

Lynn

Lynn
30-04-2011, 02:37 PM
The kind of déjà vu's I have usually involve situations occurring exactly as I recall them. But I can never really remember when I first 'saw' a situation unfolding.

It's usually very common stuff. I'll sit at my desk at work, for instance, and I'll look up and it could be that someone's walking in, someone else is in the middle of a sentence and someone else might just be doing something specific. It'll be so precise it's made me wonder how much free will one really has.

A while ago I had a déjà vu and I actually said, during the event, that I was having a déjà vu and even though I was recognizing the event as it unfolded and aware that I had seen it before I found myself unable to make any changes. Everything carried out exactly the way I recalled it, up to the very smallest of details.

It makes me wonder, as they do seem like tiny glimpses in to the future. Everything I do leads up to the present moment. Even though I think at each moment that I am acting of my own free will, I still never miss a déjà vu, like no matter what I do, it'll happen exactly as I recalled it. :S

Sounds fuzzy, I know. I can't explain it too well... :confused:

Hello

No it makes sense. What I wonder if at the times one is say sitting at one's desk that the mind does not wonder some. By mind I mean our Soul, like at times we want time to speed up.

Many times we are out of no where shown how to do something in a new way and a faster way but it does not feel of our own free will that brought that forth. At times one might be guided a bit along the path.

Lynn

bbr
30-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi Lynn. I asked this on another deju vu thread but never got an answer. All my many experiences with this have specifically had to do with dreams coming true weeks, months and even years after I've dreamed them. Nothing epic, just 5-10 seconds of something happening where I realized I dreamed about it at some earlier time. Is that considered deja vu? (Or is it's just deja snooze?)

Internal Queries
30-04-2011, 02:52 PM
i had a dream once wherein i was standing in front of my friend's jewelry booth fingering a new necklace she had just put up for sale. in the dream i thought to myself "i'm in my bed asleep dreaming this right now".

a few weeks later i was standing in front of my friend's jewelry booth fingering a new necklace she had just put up for sale and i thought to myself "i'm in my bed asleep dreaming this right now."

bbr
30-04-2011, 02:56 PM
i had a dream once wherein i was standing in front of my friend's jewelry booth fingering a new necklace she had just put up for sale. in the dream i thought to myself "i'm in my bed asleep dreaming this right now".

a few weeks later i was standing in front of my friend's jewelry booth fingering a new necklace she had just put up for sale and i thought to myself "i'm in my bed asleep dreaming this right now."Whoa, sounds like a nightmare I had a while back. I was being attacked in my dreams, so I said, "This is just a dream, wake up!" I woke up and was lying in bed; everything was quiet and peaceful. I breathed a sigh of relief, then went to turn on the bedlamp. A bolt of electricity shot through me and I was lying in bed dying, being electrocuted by the lamp! I screamed and cried out, and then suddenly woke up -- I had still been dreaming! :smile:

Squatchit
30-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I screamed and cried out, and then suddenly woke up -- I had still been dreaming! :smile:

False awakenings - they're totally bonkers and can be really scary.

bbr
30-04-2011, 03:18 PM
False awakenings - they're totally bonkers and can be really scary.There's an actual name for that? Yeah, that was one of the weirdest dream experiences ever, no question.

Internal Queries
30-04-2011, 03:35 PM
False awakenings - they're totally bonkers and can be really scary.

oh yeah! i hate that when that happens! i got caught in a loop once. i was sleeping in my tent and i woke up because something weird was happening outside my tent. i got up and began unzipping the flap and that weird something flew inside and attacked me. at which point i woke up because something weird was happening outside my tent. i got up and began unzipping my tent flap and that weird something flew in and attacked me. at which point i woke up and ...

this happened like 4 times. finally when i woke up and something weird was happening outside my tent i didn't get up to unzip my tent flap. i just laid there awake until dawn. i don't know what weird thing was really outside my tent. probably a raccoon. lol

Lynn
30-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi Lynn. I asked this on another deju vu thread but never got an answer. All my many experiences with this have specifically had to do with dreams coming true weeks, months and even years after I've dreamed them. Nothing epic, just 5-10 seconds of something happening where I realized I dreamed about it at some earlier time. Is that considered deja vu? (Or is it's just deja snooze?)

Hello

I would say that fits deja vu. Its all in that PRE knowing. We so do not understand who the brain works, and that we might not even stay in the body. Why do we say the mind wonder 's if it is not so.

Lynn

bbr
30-04-2011, 06:30 PM
I would say that fits deja vu. Its all in that PRE knowing.Yes, I just checked Wiki, and it says "The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream." And of course if Wiki says so, then we know it's correct! :smile:

themaster
30-04-2011, 06:41 PM
My understanding "Lynn" is that we all plan out or lives in the dream stage.. "deja vu" is remembering that dream :D

For your consideration.. :hug3:

Mathew James
30-04-2011, 07:53 PM

there must be something tied to time/no time as you descibed. it is the only way that deja vu can make any sense.

nightowl
30-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Why couldn't deja vu be Spirit placing this in your spirit, so that when it occurs it could be a spiritual signpost, a 'pay attention to this' kind of message? Just a thought from my pea brain...heheee

Lynn
30-04-2011, 08:01 PM
My understanding "Lynn" is that we all plan out or lives in the dream stage.. "deja vu" is remembering that dream :D

For your consideration.. :hug3:

Hello

Well the could well explain most of me childhood in the early school year's. On many a report card it says "Lynn seems to be in a constant state of Daydream, but oddly when called upon she knows where we are in the lesson." That theme resinated from GR 2 onwards to High School. Now I simly know part of me was board and went Astral.

I do feel we plan out our lives yes, and that there much more work we do in sleep thatn we are maybe aware of. Why keeping a dream log is so much fun at times as one can go back and see why something came to be.

Lynn

Mathew James
30-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Why couldn't deja vu be Spirit placing this in your spirit, so that when it occurs it could be a spiritual signpost, a 'pay attention to this' kind of message? Just a thought from my pea brain...heheee

that could be true also nightowl, never really ever thought about the spirits being involved. if they are, that opens up a lot of options.

nightowl
30-04-2011, 10:31 PM
that could be true also nightowl, never really ever thought about the spirits being involved. if they are, that opens up a lot of options.

cool! so my pea brain actually produced a thought that is feasible :wink: Seriously, thank MJ, it is kind of what feels right to me...:smile:

Mathew James
01-05-2011, 02:29 AM
all your thoughts sound great to me nightowl. my experience with deja vu happened mostly several years ago. there was a time when the occurances happened very often. at the time my thoughts were, to just enjoy them and not try to understand how it happened. spirit communication does make sense to me and that may be how deja vu works.

mj

Greenslade
01-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Hello

I have to feel the same way. Time is a man made thing. I do not feel that other's in the univirse would embrace this time thing. Too I know well in the Spirit World there is not time. One does not come forth and go to me OMG I have been dead a 2o0 years. One comes forth and that then can be discussed.

I personally think that veil works both ways as one's can come to us so can we go to them. Its opening more and more it seems one levels not seen before. Its wonderous thing as we move forward to that state of understandings.

Lynn
Which kind of makes it difficult for me to hold onto any particular belief. If our beliefs have been forged by walking our Path, what will come from walking the Path as Spirit and not as Spirit being human? Can you tear something away that isn't there to be torn? Is that the path of a true traveller, a tent rather than an ivory tower?

They are already here Lynn. They've never been far away after all, but sometimes we see them better after we've closed our eyes for a second to refocus.

Morganna
01-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi all,
my definition of Deja vu is that when something IS happening and you realise that you have been there and done that before even when you "know"it hasn't happened as yet. (if that makes sense) I also have been taught that Deja vu is actually us remembering what we had programmed our lives to be BEFORE we were born.
What alot of people have described here is premonition NOT deja vu. If you are dreaming something and at a later date this comes to pass it is Clairvoyence not Deja vu.

Pugsley
01-05-2011, 09:15 AM
i don't know if anyone has said this but here goes anyway....
from a medical point of view, Déjà vu is nothing more than one eye transmitting the same info to the brain slower than the other..... it makes sense to me but does not satisfy my need to know what it is..... if you get what i am saying?

bbr
01-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Deja vu is actually us remembering what we had programmed our lives to be BEFORE we were born.
What alot of people have described here is premonition NOT deja vu. If you are dreaming something and at a later date this comes to pass it is Clairvoyence not Deja vu.I don't see that difference Morganna. I've had dozens of dreams that later came true. Who is to say I'm not dreaming these dreams in order to remember what I had programmed to have happen in my life at some later date?

Lynn
01-05-2011, 02:04 PM

Hello

I feel it can be. There are many temporary helpers we have along our path and not all of them be living. At 13 I was "assigned" a Spirit. He told me he was assigned to me not to tell me right or wrong but to give me some understandings I was missing. I was blessed to have him come to me and even more blessed that he has choose to stay with me along the path I be on and now at times share in some of his words with other's.

I was given that "pay attention" message and still I choose not to listen so I was given the ultimate life lesson a NDE lesson. NOW I hear that voice.

Many times I have heard that "Stop" when I am going to cross the road, and a car does not stop for the light or cross walk. If I had walked out I would be hit. I feel that is Spirit telling me that information.

Lynn

Lynn
01-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Which kind of makes it difficult for me to hold onto any particular belief. If our beliefs have been forged by walking our Path, what will come from walking the Path as Spirit and not as Spirit being human? Can you tear something away that isn't there to be torn? Is that the path of a true traveller, a tent rather than an ivory tower?

They are already here Lynn. They've never been far away after all, but sometimes we see them better after we've closed our eyes for a second to refocus.

Hello

At times beleifs are like flowing waters not fixed in the one space, but ever moving forward. We do though I personally feel have a "CORE" beleif that is that rock that is solid in that flowing water. We I feel need that foundation in place and I feel we do come forth with that in place just that we at times have to work to find it.

I do not feel there can be Spirit with out there being some form of existance that Spirit is the essence of what or whom was.

The quote I so like that really fits to what I see

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. "

Henry David Thoreau
1817-1862

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around."

I am not sure one can ever tear anything away as there would always be residue from what was once there.

I am not one for a tent or ivory tower, more some place in the middle. In that place of balance and comfort zones. Too be too high up makes one a snob and feeds the EGO. Being too low down makes it hard for other's to listen to what one might have to share in thier wisdoms, unless that rare person comes along to hear them said.

Lynn

themaster
01-05-2011, 07:00 PM
What alot of people have described here is premonition NOT deja vu. If you are dreaming something and at a later date this comes to pass it is Clairvoyence not Deja vu.Labels schmabels.. :rolleyes:

As I have stated a few times before.. every time we go to sleep we go home.. home is that state of non-existence or non-physical before we incarnated.. so there's no difference between.. prior to incarnation planning and after incarnation planning :D

I heard a interesting factoid.. that may blow some people away.. (non-belief/denial)

Not only do we really enjoy our experience here at least from non-physical perspective.. we actually RUSH to get back here.. it's that exciting.. day to day.. to come back to the body.. experience physical..

Even though we wake up and go.. like *** the world sucks! :rolleyes: :D

Morganna
02-05-2011, 08:43 AM
I stand by what I have said. Deja vu is something we are experiencing immediately and we recognise it as something we *seem* to have done before. As I said previously I believe it is something that we have seen before because we were the ones that saw it before we were put on this earth plane.
Going to a *new* place and then thinking OMG I have been here before IMO is a past life coming to the for. Not Deja Vu
If you dream something then at a later date it comes true even if it is you yourself it is IMO NOT Deja Vu but a premonition.
Calling black white does not make it so.
As for Labels...........everything has a label otherwise how do we know what it is?
As for spirit putting these "Deja Vu" experiences in our path , yes that is quite possible.
As for a pay attention moment again yes but to me it still isn't Deja Vu. When I get the pay attention moments I have also learnt the hard way to listen to them or I pay dearly.