PDA

View Full Version : Please Read - Was this some sort of sign?

Alex-The-Iceman
29-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Over the past year or so, I've been working REALLY hard at writing songs to put on my first CD. There isn't a day where I don't think about my music or spend time working on it. When I work on it, I lose all track of time, and when I write, it's like the words and music just come to me without me putting any thought into it. I want to make this CD successful more than anything in the world, it's my life goal.

At a certain point, some things started piecing together. I got a job teaching guitar at a professional studio, and there I met a drummer. Me and this drummer have a special sort of connection, we can read each other's energies really well. He's also into spirituality and alot of the same things I am. Aside from this, there are several other things that happenned that seemed to be things coming together.

Yesterday, I was working on a song called 'The Game' which I had made the music for sound like a video game. The whole premise that I had for the song is that it would be about life as a game that everyone's playing. I wanted this to come through in the lyrics AND music. When I finished the music part, I played the music outloud and just started singing along to it, and came up with WAY better lyrics than I could have if I had spent a day sitting down and writing. It's like they came into my mind without me trying, as if someone was giving them to me lol.
Afterwards, during the nighttime, I was watching some clips from the TV show 'Lost' on Youtube (which is a VERY spiritually-oritented show) and stumbled across a 'Lost' video. I watched it, and it was the scene where Micheal is trying to plant a bomb in the boat. At the end of the scene, he find this little paper. He unrolls it, and alas, all it said on the paper was 'The Game'. When I saw that I was pretty surprised; I can't remember seeing that the first time I watched the show, and I am certain that 'The Game' doesn't have any obvious tie in with the show. I had experienced synchronicity/signs before, but nothing as surprising as this. In fact, I was so taken aback that I started to doubt that it was a sign haha.

Anyways, any opinions? Thanks alot!

Enya
29-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Some signs are small, some are large and hit us over the head... maybe you needed an Acme ton-weight, lol. :D Personallly, I'd accept this as confirmation I'm on the right track. Smile, nod and move on...