PDA

View Full Version : Cutting through the **

din
28-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Ok this thread is about describing what is as it is.

It's about seeing that the story of the separate sense of self, the story of the world and all events in it, is just that, just story, just imagination.

It's about being aware that the mind is time!!!

And then there's the truth, the awareness in which this story unfolds, it simply IS, it is the awareness that is taking in this post right now.

You may believe that there is a person reading this post, but that is just an idea you are identifying with. What you truly are is "the light of the world" as the course in miracles puts it.

You are awareness itself.

You are light.

You are spirit.

Period! :D

din
28-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Ok, so even saying you are this or that, isn't quite true also, of course. :rolleyes:

There's no you to be this or that.

There's only this or that.

And the this or that, is awareness or light, whichever term seems to fit best for you... to point to the awareness or light in/as which this post is appearing.

So, you are either living this truth, or you're not.

You still may be believing some ideas you have about yourself.

Or you may be aware of yourself as awareness itself in which case there's nothing more to say about it.

It's true simplicity, it simply is, and always has been, and always will be...:D

din
28-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Ok, I'm ready for the onslaught of resistance... bring it on... :D

I AM
28-04-2011, 08:26 PM
God is just playing humans right now and when I get tired of it I'll stop for a while and rest "maby". Then we will think of somthing eles to do.

din
28-04-2011, 08:35 PM
God is just playing humans right now and when I get tired of it I'll stop for a while and rest "maby". Then we will think of somthing eles to do.

tiddlywinks anyone? :D

Smiler
28-04-2011, 08:48 PM
God would never be bored if he looked down on the earth.
As we are all light..Wow!!
Look at all the thoughts..feelings..experiences..emotions...choice s..belief systems..judgments..fear..pain..love..etc etc .

We are one yet individual at the same time.
*HUG*

:)

Smiler
28-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Ps.. the teacher and the student are the same..each learns from each :)

din
28-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Ps.. the teacher and the student are the same..each learns from each :)

what teacher, what student???

have you been drinking the coolaid again! :D

din
28-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Look at all the thoughts..feelings..experiences..emotions...choice s..belief systems..judgments..fear..pain..love..etc etc .

*HUG*

that's an interesting thought! :wink:

I AM
28-04-2011, 08:56 PM

*HUG*

It takes my breath away.

Smiler
28-04-2011, 09:05 PM
:D nah not coolaid .. My dad brought the book ( Hard cover version many years before he died in 1996..I have it :D.. ) a lot of principles in other books are from this one.

There are from memory would have to search for book to check... something to do with a manual re: students and manual re: teachers. Its towards the back of book.

My old friend nearly 80 says something simple ..simple is good :D

Quote" There is no new information ..all that is said has already been said for thousands of years.. there is only regurgitation"

She's cool!

Have fun ..must be off in sec

Enya
28-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Resistance is only valid as a fulcrum for change...

sound
29-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Ok, so even saying you are this or that, isn't quite true also, of course. :rolleyes:

There's only this or that.

And the this or that, is awareness or light, whichever term seems to fit best for you... to point to the awareness or light in/as which this post is appearing.

So, you are either living this truth, or you're not.

You still may be believing some ideas you have about yourself.

Or you may be aware of yourself as awareness itself in which case there's nothing more to say about it.

It's true simplicity, it simply is, and always has been, and always will be...:D

Its interesting in a bland sort of way ... you find it impossible to share your 'truth' without making reference to the very 'you' who you insist does not exist for you. You are role modelling the very resistance you speak about ...

NightSpirit
29-04-2011, 09:23 AM
If this is truly the case, there is no reason to create this thread and no reason to discuss it. :D

psychoslice
29-04-2011, 09:24 AM
but who is creating this thread, who is there to discuss anything ?????

arive nan
29-04-2011, 10:19 AM
A self cannot choose to take any action without believing it exists to some extent at least. During a completely thorough awareness of no-self, or a completely thorough disbelief in the individual self, one doesn't do anything other than lay there blissed out. This might be simpler to understand if you accept that this state of mind has to be temporary for a living, biological creature that needs to choose to do stuff to stay alive. Our bodies are designed to not allow such a state of awareness to be permanent, because if it were permanent your body would permanently lay there doing nothing for the rest of its much shortened life.

So we come out of that state of mind, with the knowledge or partial awareness on an intellectual level that this individual self we perceive is an illusion. But to go about life we have to act as if the illusion is a real thing. Every action we choose to take requires that we at least do that. Part of you is believing in this illusion and acting on that belief whenever you choose to do anything. Pretending that this is not the case is the dishonesty that people react to.

What I perceive as my individual self is just an illusion. I can be aware of that on some level. But as I type these words and post them I am acting on a belief that this illusion is something real. That's what we all do. We are illogical creatures by nature. We are pretty much designed to be illogical enough to survive physically even though there's no completely logical reason for doing that. Because there truly is no 100% rational reason to choose to do anything at all. There's always the problem that the individual choosing to do something does not really exist as an individual separate consciousness - it only seems that way. It is more honest to just admit that than try to skirt around it somehow. But it requires humility.

Yep, I'm acting on a belief in something thaton some level I know doesn't really exist. I'm not fully aware of or accepting of its non-existence at this moment. That's either more confusing or less confusing, but it's better than pretending that I don't believe in it at least a bit while I'm doing stuff.

Simon Karlos
29-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Its interesting in a bland sort of way ... you find it impossible to share your 'truth' without making reference to the very 'you' who you insist does not exist for you. You are role modelling the very resistance you speak about ...

Your post #2,222. Double 11:11, baby! Luv it. ("But wait, 'who' is there to love it?" :rolleyes: A jokey joke.) :wink:

norseman
29-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Thread is typical of New Age b/s - all style and no substance. Perverse chopped logic presented as wisdom ! To use my favourite expression - psycho-babble !

bbr
29-04-2011, 02:52 PM
You may believe that there is a person reading this post, but that is just an idea you are identifying with.

Ok, I'm ready for the onslaught of resistance... bring it on...

have you been drinking the coolaid again!You know din, I find that pushing one's spiritual beliefs on others in such a single-minded and confrontational way to be no better than the behavior of evangelicals who try and force their religious dogma down our collective throats. I'm honestly not interested in discussing anything with anyone who has zero interest in DIA-logue. If you have only one way of looking at these questions and can't respond to the views of others without making sarcastic comments about koolaid and such, maybe you should start a blog instead of posting on a discussion forum.

din
29-04-2011, 06:28 PM
You know din, I find that pushing one's spiritual beliefs on others in such a single-minded and confrontational way to be no better than the behavior of evangelicals who try and force their religious dogma down our collective throats. I'm honestly not interested in discussing anything with anyone who has zero interest in DIA-logue. If you have only one way of looking at these questions and can't respond to the views of others without making sarcastic comments about koolaid and such, maybe you should start a blog instead of posting on a discussion forum.

you're absolutely right

there's so much ** in these threads I'm tired of fighting the Big Brown Tide

i'll let all these goodie-two-shoes who want to stroke each other's egos and feel good, do what they do best

most of you guys are way too asleep to know what i'm talking about

din
29-04-2011, 06:33 PM
A self cannot choose to take any action without believing it exists to some extent at least. During a completely thorough awareness of no-self, or a completely thorough disbelief in the individual self, one doesn't do anything other than lay there blissed out. This might be simpler to understand if you accept that this state of mind has to be temporary for a living, biological creature that needs to choose to do stuff to stay alive. Our bodies are designed to not allow such a state of awareness to be permanent, because if it were permanent your body would permanently lay there doing nothing for the rest of its much shortened life.

So we come out of that state of mind, with the knowledge or partial awareness on an intellectual level that this individual self we perceive is an illusion. But to go about life we have to act as if the illusion is a real thing. Every action we choose to take requires that we at least do that. Part of you is believing in this illusion and acting on that belief whenever you choose to do anything. Pretending that this is not the case is the dishonesty that people react to.

What I perceive as my individual self is just an illusion. I can be aware of that on some level. But as I type these words and post them I am acting on a belief that this illusion is something real. That's what we all do. We are illogical creatures by nature. We are pretty much designed to be illogical enough to survive physically even though there's no completely logical reason for doing that. Because there truly is no 100% rational reason to choose to do anything at all. There's always the problem that the individual choosing to do something does not really exist as an individual separate consciousness - it only seems that way. It is more honest to just admit that than try to skirt around it somehow. But it requires humility.

Yep, I'm acting on a belief in something thaton some level I know doesn't really exist. I'm not fully aware of or accepting of its non-existence at this moment. That's either more confusing or less confusing, but it's better than pretending that I don't believe in it at least a bit while I'm doing stuff.

this is what i mean about total bull****

this is not about understanding something, about holding some position, about knowing something

it's about seeing all thought for what it is

it's all just **

the truth is never in any words or any understanding you may have

it's only in the consciousness/awareness that is here right now taking in this post

Internal Queries
29-04-2011, 06:34 PM
you're absolutely right

there's so much ** in these threads I'm tired of fighting the Big Brown Tide

i'll let all these goodie-two-shoes who want to stroke each other's egos and feel good, do what they do best

most of you guys are way too asleep to know what i'm talking about

lol oh my!

din
29-04-2011, 06:35 PM

you're absolutely right

i find your reply to be totally bland... :D

arive nan
29-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Ironically, the problem here is that people are seeing through what you do not see through. Your actions do not match some of your words. That's not the fault of the people who notice this. They're just seeing the discrepancy. That just means they are observant. Any observant person is going to see the problem. Putting them down is not going to solve it. Putting them down just reveals your real motivations for doing this. Observant people will see that too. You are putting a lot of effort into not seeing all this. People can notice that too.

The problem is not that we are all the belittling things you say about us. We are not resisting some grand wisdom, drinking coolaid, goodie two shoes, stroking egos, or bland. It's not that we are not too asleep to see the truth, which you are quick to throw when someone won't acknowledge your amazing truthness as if that is the only possible explanation for someone not seeing the light of your brilliance. We simply see through you. We see actions made, which requires acknowledging an individual self. We see belittling comments made in response to our observations instead of an attempt to see through yourself. We see your resistance. It's not that we are blind. It is that we see.

There are people who can discuss this subject without running into the same problem, without putting people down, without pushing people away, without saying one thing as if it is an absolute but at the same time doing something that contradicts it, without several people noticing that and saying something only to be belittled for it, without making it the priority to put yourself up on a pedestal while at the same time trying to say that self isn't real, without revealing that the real motivation for these actions to get up on that pedestal and fight to stay there. There are people who can discuss this without doing any of those things. We have seen it happen and can compare, which makes the things we see through here even more noticeable.

Ivy
29-04-2011, 07:43 PM
this is what i mean about total bull****

this is not about understanding something, about holding some position, about knowing something

it's about seeing all thought for what it is

it's all just **

the truth is never in any words or any understanding you may have

it's only in the consciousness/awareness that is here right now taking in this post
din....yes. .................................................. ...........and then?
arive-nan has put some good advice much more concisely that I could. This is as it is....but in realising it, it is gone in an instant, and life remains. It frees you to talk about other things. The birth of a baby, the death of a loved one....what the job you have means to you....how the reflection in a friend is affecting you. There are perhaps many like myself who dont talk on these subjects often because they are realised....and life goes on. The ACIM or whatever else....ceases to be....and life is as it always was.

What is significant about this thread is the message in its title.
ACIM is a book worth $30. Its just a book.

din
29-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Ironically, the problem here is that people are seeing through what you do not see through. Your actions do not match some of your words. That's not the fault of the people who notice this. They're just seeing the discrepancy. That just means they are observant. Any observant person is going to see the problem. Putting them down is not going to solve it. Putting them down just reveals your real motivations for doing this. Observant people will see that too. You are putting a lot of effort into not seeing all this. People can notice that too.

The problem is not that we are all the belittling things you say about us. We are not resisting some grand wisdom, drinking coolaid, goodie two shoes, stroking egos, or bland. It's not that we are not too asleep to see the truth, which you are quick to throw when someone won't acknowledge your amazing truthness as if that is the only possible explanation for someone not seeing the light of your brilliance. We simply see through you. We see actions made, which requires acknowledging an individual self. We see belittling comments made in response to our observations instead of an attempt to see through yourself. We see your resistance. It's not that we are blind. It is that we see.

There are people who can discuss this subject without running into the same problem, without putting people down, without pushing people away, without saying one thing as if it is an absolute but at the same time doing something that contradicts it, without several people noticing that and saying something only to be belittled for it, without making it the priority to put yourself up on a pedestal while at the same time trying to say that self isn't real, without revealing that the real motivation for these actions to get up on that pedestal and fight to stay there. There are people who can discuss this without doing any of those things. We have seen it happen and can compare, which makes the things we see through here even more noticeable.

alright! that's cool, you're noticing the inconsistencies, the personality at work... so what

is this forum really about personalities, or is it about the truth

or is it just about stroking each other's ego and feeling good?

there's no waking up when that is going on!

at least not that i'm noticing in the threads i've been in

it's about resistance to a style, to something said...

it's really just about the noticing of it all as you say

so i am not seeing what you guys are seeing?

what i'm seeing is these are your words, your reality, so you live with it, live with limitation if you like, it's not my cup of tea anymore

if i'm taking my own thoughts seriously, do you think i should take yours?

you see, this is so simple,

you judge based on some words coming on a screen

you turn this into a person, a personality, and then you pass judgement on it, which is good for you, because then you know who you are, and then you think you know who i am, and then we can go back to being lost in our minds, in our thoughts...

din
29-04-2011, 08:18 PM
din....yes. .................................................. ...........and then?
arive-nan has put some good advice much more concisely that I could. This is as it is....but in realising it, it is gone in an instant, and life remains. It frees you to talk about other things. The birth of a baby, the death of a loved one....what the job you have means to you....how the reflection in a friend is affecting you. There are perhaps many like myself who dont talk on these subjects often because they are realised....and life goes on. The ACIM or whatever else....ceases to be....and life is as it always was.

What is significant about this thread is the message in its title.
ACIM is a book worth $30. Its just a book.

oops!

i think you're in the wrong thread :rolleyes:

so there is good advice in the post?

i should take that advice and change something about myself?

well here's what i think about that

Einstein said you can't solve a problem with the same level of thinking that created it... you/i will never "fix" the ego, because it's simply a thought based reality

but moving beyond thought is an immediate fix and leaves you free and clear, right here and right now

din
29-04-2011, 08:20 PM
oops!

i think you're in the wrong thread :rolleyes:

so there is good advice in the post?

i should take that advice and change something about myself?

well here's what i think about that

Einstein said you can't solve a problem with the same level of thinking that created it... you/i will never "fix" the ego, because it's simply a thought based reality

but moving beyond thought is an immediate fix and leaves you free and clear, right here and right now

i really resonate with my own posts! lol :D

Internal Queries
29-04-2011, 08:25 PM
i really resonate with my own posts! lol :D

and there ya have it. :wink:

BlueSky
29-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Wow! I am really impressed by your response. It is wise, honest, kind and eloquent.
All I can say to it is "Ditto"
Blessings, James

Kaere
29-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Holy moly.

Thread locked until peeps can talk to each other without the need to insult or be scathing.