PDA

View Full Version : The end of your story

Erebus
28-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me out with something.

I feel like I have been on a crash course in spirituality the last few years.
It started off innocently enough but picked up so suddenly and so quickly that I now feel like I'm at the door to understanding and knowing my true self.
I know that to step into this place is to give up all expectation, to drop any fear, and to (as Gangaji puts it) end your story.

Which leads me to my fears of truly letting go. I have goals set out in this life....I have a talent that I'd like to see flourish, I'd like to get married, have kids....the usual stuff.

I'm stuck in a place of worry that these things cannot be possible if I choose to keep pursuing this path. I know that the end-all-be-all goal is to recognize your true self and to reunite with the source. So why do I have doubts and fears of possibly not being able to have both? Can one truly have both if they recognize that there really is no self?

I'm not saying that I will attain but I am getting more and more of those timeless moments where I find myself to be more of an observer, even if I am speaking or performing an action. The experiences last longer than they did previously and they seem to happen more spontaneously as well.

Any suggestions or words of support would be appreciated.

I truly love life and am a little reluctant to change everything.

Thanks, Vincent. :hug3:

Smiler
28-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi Vincent..

Observation is not a bad thing .. And watching and listening to yourself speak is a great learning tool in awareness.. Breathe.. relax.
Why cant you have both ? A natural unfolding spiritually ..and a wife and children .. The middle path is one of balance .. There can be a slow opening to spirituality ..then a huge amount of experiences ..and then stillness.. ( I call that a rest.. back to this reality .. we actually live on Earth). The only truth is love and intent.. Hey the only way we can permanently connect to the source is to be dead LOL ( sorry just my view ..being light hearted).

Love is love in both ( the spiritual and physical).. that maybe something to look at? Knowing that "yes ..you are lovable and worth it"

Just some views .. hope it helps a little
:)

Erebus
28-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Thank you Smiler, I needed to hear that.

I'm aware that while we're here, we're meant to connect to both the body and the spirit. I guess the rush of energy I've been feeling lately has started to overwhelm me a little bit.

Might be time to reconnect with nature.

Love and light. :)

Smiler
28-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I think you had it sorted actually .. maybe you just needed confirmation.

Connecting to nature is great .. :)
Creating something from nothing does it for me.. like a painting lol.

All the very best to you Erebus
X :)

themaster
28-04-2011, 10:27 PM
So why do I have doubts and fears of possibly not being able to have both? Can one truly have both if they recognize that there really is no self?I honestly don't understand.. "no self" business.. to quote my teacher bashar..

The 2nd rule for all realities we've found.. is..

"the one are all, the all are one."

1st rule in case it helps is..

"I exist"

and the 3rd rule in case that helps is :tongue:

"What you put out, is what you get back"

Yes, we are all one.. But you are also a individual.. a unique aspect of creation.. can you have what you want?

Absolutely..

Can you have what you want here in this physical reality?

The true answer is maybe..

Why is it a maybe?

Simple.. because one of the things you want is kids.. which I assume means you want some kind of loving mother? (educated guess :D )

The only problem with this is.. there are 6 billion creator gods on the planet and you have to get very very picky (like we ego humans so) select from about 3 billion of them.. and convince them via free will to be a loving mother? for 20+ years of their life.. (not always a easy thing to do! :tongue: )

What I do know is.. and you may want to consider this..

We are moving into a time of vast acceleration where it will be possible for some and eventually all.. to live 200-1000 years.. or as long as you want.. we are moving into a time of instant manifestation..

Where yes? You to can own a beach house without paying.. and more so than that using just the power of your thoughts and intentions.. put it right where you want it.. want a island to yourself? No problem says the universe/mother earth..

Want the dolphins to swim in your lagoon..? No problem says the universe/mother earth..

Want that perfect dream girl? that will be with you always and love you unconditionally? No problem says the universe and she is instantly incarnated from source..

This I believe is the reality were creating.. which might be called your version of "heaven on earth"

How soon does this get here?

By my awareness.. 2 to 100 years.. this reality is not a joke.. it's not fantasy.. my understanding is it will soon be reality.. So besides for loving yourself right now.. getting into a state of allowing.. and just having fun with you creation powers.. cause yes you too are a creator god.. you can also go with the backup plan :D

And in this backup plan.. there is a LOT and I mean a LOT of time to have kids.. "no rush" of course convincing that to your EGO.. which may look out at the world in lack and time is running out.. is a different story :smile: Any suggestions or words of support would be appreciated.Words you have.. hopefully their sufficient..

If you want some spiritual tools to practice.. try these.. (rose, grounding, center of you head) these are very powerful tools when practiced.. they help clear out cluttered and lack based thoughts and put you in touch with you.. my teachers says..

"these tools are simple but don't confuse simple with insignificant"

http://wiki.kilbournefamily.com

Enya
28-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi, your wishes for your life are not necessarily incompatable with your spiritual awareness. You may have to re-adjust and re-configure somewhat, but you'll be better informed while doing so. Life is what happens while we make plans... :wink: A spiritual life doesn't mean you have to be a hermit or a monk, unless you feel called to that, of course. :D
Choose balance, choose divine timing... let go and let God, as they say. xx

P.S. Your story never ends... it just begins a new chapter.

ROM
29-04-2011, 03:39 AM
Your true self is who you are now; your qualities, your passions, everything that defines your personality and says "this is who I am" to the world. You are a unique spirit on its own journey of self-realisation. We are born from the source, we go through all the levels of Creation, experiencing, becoming ever more aware and conscious of ourselves, gradually rising until we arrive back from where we started, as self-conscious spirits. Just enjoy life, don't worry so much about the future or what lies ahead, just focus on the here and the now.

happy camper
29-04-2011, 06:21 AM
I agree that while you are on a spiritual path,you can have both.
One will only be able to see truth as clearly as one is ready to see.
Being realized being,while living on denial is not a possible combination.
Once when one is realized,there is nothing to worry about.

athribiristan
29-04-2011, 06:51 AM

It started off innocently enough but picked up so suddenly and so quickly that I now feel like I'm at the door to understanding and knowing my true self.
I know that to step into this place is to give up all expectation, to drop any fear, and to (as Gangaji puts it) end your story.

Which leads me to my fears of truly letting go. I have goals set out in this life....I have a talent that I'd like to see flourish, I'd like to get married, have kids....the usual stuff.

I'm stuck in a place of worry that these things cannot be possible if I choose to keep pursuing this path. I know that the end-all-be-all goal is to recognize your true self and to reunite with the source. So why do I have doubts and fears of possibly not being able to have both? Can one truly have both if they recognize that there really is no self?

I'm not saying that I will attain but I am getting more and more of those timeless moments where I find myself to be more of an observer, even if I am speaking or performing an action. The experiences last longer than they did previously and they seem to happen more spontaneously as well.

First let me say welcome and congratulations on your journey. Learning the role of the detached observer is one of the BIG steps.

I would start by saying that you seem to have been given some wrong information. This is definitely NOT the end of your story. In many ways it is just beginning. Following a spiritual path doesn't mean giving up the things you desire, though it often means your desires change to more unifying and altruistic goals.

It is important to find a balance. If you live an entirely spiritual life, you miss the point of having a physical experience. These are the people who spend their lives meditating in a cave. Without stimulus they quickly fall into circular experience. I try to always keep body, mind, and spirit as balanced as possible.

I have a wife, kids, my own business, two dogs....pretty much everything I really want. None of that stops me from coming to the forum to help people or from teaching classes about meditation and spirituality. I would say that those things are a part of my spirituality as much as God or anything else is.

unus supra
30-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Interesting questions.

there is nothing in our lives that cannot facilitate our spiritual growth. Because the truth is, there is no separation between what we deem physical and spiritual, just gradients of what is only one thing.

having said that, every moment of your life, whatever you are doing is perfectly designed for you and for your growth. Spirtualize your life.

Do what you love and what you will, and use it. That means, do it fully, with every ounce of you, regardless of what state your in, if its being ill by God then be ILL, if your going to rob, cheat and steal by God do it with everything you got. If you are going to have absolutely shamefully perverted intimacy with the partner you choose, GREAT, do it with everything you got. This path has very little to do with what you do, and everything to do with how you do it. use it all

there was a time when i tried to be "holy", meditated all darn day, ate one meal per day of raw food, did yoga out the yin yang, fasted for up to 20 days. Chartered other dimensions, saw myself in other dimensions, whole lives, spoke to jesus. talk about a story huh? behold me! hahaha

And then realized it has nothing to do with any of that. Grist for the mill man...fuel for the machine.....

There is one goal, everything else are distractions. What you have on your plate right now, is what you need. To attain this goal you have only to seek it. But its here, use what you have, and do what you want!

I went on so many retreats that one day i said to myself

Self....you dont win any fights by retreating.

Now if we get into the nitty gritty of releasing karma. Its like this in a nutshell. Something happens, you have an experience. you react a certain way, based on grasping at an object you seek, or aversion to an object you wish to avoid and this conditions the mind to react that way again in the future when faced with a similar scenario. Thus we become conditioned.

Now, our goal, is to burn that off so we can step into the Unconditioned. But heres the catch. You NEED the experiences that conditioned you in the first place, that way you can be there for it, observe your reactions and diminish and ultimately through focus and insight, uproot the conditioned seeds that were planted in the first place.

You will not get that out in the woods. You need this life and what it has to offer, especially those experiences that make you uncomfortable. Or the ones that seem unspiritual. You can avoid stuff all you want,
have mystical experiences until light pours from your eyes, but when that holy yogi goes back into the city and has an experience, loses his cool, then wammy!

hope that helped buddy.

kavon

NightSpirit
30-04-2011, 05:43 AM

Hi Erebus

Has not the 'Observer' shown you yet that life is for living? The observer is there to detach from the human emotions that decide on how we approach life. You can be both and still live a rich and fulfilling life. The precipice you now stand before is there to open your view to all that you can be and already are. Don't fear taking the step forward. The fear is only in the step itself.

Incorporating the acknowledgement of your true self into your life goals, can only enhance them. :hug3:

Greenslade
30-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Who sets your goals? Is this getting back in touch with True Self something you want for yourself or do you perceive it as something all humans must obtain in order to.......??? Call me a radical, but perhaps having kids and the usual stuff is you being your True Self, your talent that you're nurturing might well be an aspect of your True Self that your True Self wants to explore. Perhaps in searching for your True Self somewhere up in the clouds you're moving away from the place where it really is - inside yourself. I'm presuming you don't have kids already, so tell me. Imagine yourself looking down at the sleeping face of your first child and imagine what you would feel inside. Wouldn't your True Self want that for you? Or is the one who is looking at that face your true Self? If your talent came to fruition, same thing? Wouldn't you want those things for your true Self?

If you are on a crash course for Spirituality right now, that's where you need to be. If you needed to be somewhere else doing something else, that's what would be happening. The future isn't written in stone and I doubt any of us really have any kind of a handle on it. If time doesn't even exist then that throws yet another curved ball into the mix. Perhaps the reasons for the crash course is to get it out of the way so that something else can come along behind it. Perhaps you will gain full awareness and Unity with your True Self before you have the usual stuff. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

I don't think the usual stuff and talent is incompatible with self - I think it IS self.