PDA

View Full Version : The words we say...

Lightspirit
26-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Every now and again as I get older someone will remind me of something I said to them. It may have been years ago but the scary thing is sometimes it changes the course of their lives even when you didn't really mean for that to happen. It is really amazing the effect of a spoken or written word on another person. it is a big responsibility...

Greenslade
26-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Even a passing smile can divert someone from committing suicide. For you it's a simple gesture you do automatically, for them it might start a train of thought that leads them to believe the world isn't such a bad place after all. Is it a responsibility? You could go very paranoid thinking about every single action you take. Does it absolve you of the responsibility if it's the other person's Free Will to act on it or not?

We can all make a difference, it's up to us what difference we make.

Lightspirit
26-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Its amazing how something I said in passing 10 years ago as advice for his life was a thing that changed the way he did things for many years. When he told me I was so surprised. to me it was a passing comment, to him he probably thought I knew what I was talking about..lol thats how this thread started because of how a passing word has the potential to influence people. I was really surprised.

then again as i finished my apprenticeship and became a tradesman, one of the guys who had taught me pulled me aside and said as you now go through life whatever you do, dont ever take S##t of anyone.

One sentence changed all of my working life and my reaction to other peoples intimidation in the workplace lol he was right! he saved me years of working that out! It is right in the correct balance. The 2011 version.. dont put up with workplace harassment!

yinepu
26-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Hey lightworker, i have alot of people whos words have always stayed with me, i have been aware from a teenager how someone elses words can directly affect your life for the positive.

I have managed to tell most of them , how thiere words of positivity grealty affected me throughout my life, some i have never seen again, alll it was was a simple sentance, means nothing to them but alot to me.

So i have always tried to leave positivity with others , esp the younger generation, and i now to have had a positive impact in thier lives.... We should always be aware of how our thoughts can affect others, esp the younger ones when asking advice, or needing encouragement.

Congratulations, for being that positive person, in that persons life, what a great feeling you have !! And what a great deed you have done !

NightSpirit
26-04-2011, 08:35 AM
I always say when you drop a stone into water, its not the splash it makes but the ripples it creates :smile:

Lightspirit
26-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Hey lightworker, i have alot of people whos words have always stayed with me, i have been aware from a teenager how someone elses words can directly affect your life for the positive.

I have managed to tell most of them , how thiere words of positivity grealty affected me throughout my life, some i have never seen again, alll it was was a simple sentance, means nothing to them but alot to me.

So i have always tried to leave positivity with others , esp the younger generation, and i now to have had a positive impact in thier lives.... We should always be aware of how our thoughts can affect others, esp the younger ones when asking advice, or needing encouragement.

Congratulations, for being that positive person, in that persons life, what a great feeling you have !! And what a great deed you have done !Thanks for that it was a nice hing to say. I think Nice things in me are the result of other peoples ideas. Those who took the time to share with me and influenced me. I guess we are the result of many such comments.

psychoslice
26-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes its the words we say and also the words we don't say that all matter in the end.

in progress
26-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Words are power. Your voice is power. I'm realizing this more and more. Speaking your thoughts and feelings is like creating or manifesting, the radiating outwards of potential energy, getting it into motion.

Makes me wish I was much more careful w/ my words.

Lightspirit
26-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Words are power. Your voice is power. I'm realizing this more and more. Speaking your thoughts and feelings is like creating or manifesting, the radiating outwards of potential energy, getting it into motion.

Makes me wish I was much more careful w/ my words. The thing that i have realized over the last few years but mostly over the last 2, where once a long time ago an angry young man thought revenge was an answer, a wiser older one has realised that it is not but what is an answer is gental guidance, concern and care. This seems to change so much more. Where I see this happening I usually also see happy people.