PDA

View Full Version : The 'Evil Eye'...

nightowl
26-04-2011, 12:49 AM
...have you ever experienced the evil eye? Do you believe that some people have the ability to just curse others by looking at them a certain way or does it go deeper then that...:icon_cyclops_ani: :rolleyes:

nightowl

Gracey
26-04-2011, 12:51 AM
yes with one pure emotional thought you can harm someone, he he, like the one eye guy there...he he. have i done the evil eye to others, yes i have. and i try my best not to do that with intention these days.

nightowl
26-04-2011, 12:57 AM
I hear ya... my kids will often say you got that look, which means they know I am conveying something unspoken heheeee...

I have had people give me looks of shear evil intent...sensing wise it is like they are standing right in front of me yelling in my face, I have learned how to shield from it thank God...:smile:

Sangress
26-04-2011, 01:07 AM
I've held a persons eye contact and wished horrible things upon them which later came true about 4 months down the track. (They were some very specific wishes too.)

In general my eyes freak people out anyway, so maybe that means I can give people the evil eye.

I thought the evil eye thing was just superstition though, so I really have no idea.

Gracey
26-04-2011, 01:09 AM
I've held a persons eye contact and wished horrible things upon them which later came true about 4 months down the track. (It was a very specific wish too.)

So, I suppose that means I can give the evil eye?

yeah you gave that evil eye alright.

nightowl
26-04-2011, 01:21 AM
I've held a persons eye contact and wished horrible things upon them which later came true about 4 months down the track. (They were some very specific wishes too.)

In general my eyes freak people out anyway, so maybe that means I can give people the evil eye.

I thought the evil eye thing was just superstition though, so I really have no idea.

I have to be honest and say I struggle with the idea that others would do this, wishing harm on someone, it just is so foreign to me. :redface:

Gracey
26-04-2011, 01:24 AM
God love ya nightowl!

Moonangel
06-06-2011, 10:58 PM
What is the evil eye? Is it anything to do with the pin prick sensation in the eye or are these two different things? I once heard something about feeling a pin prick in your eye means someone is having evil thoughts about you.

Any idea if this is right????

Thanks, Moonangel :)

nightowl
06-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Hey Moonangel,

I have never heard this pin prick thing...where did yo hear it from? :smile:

The evil eye that I am speaking of is when someone is able to look at another and through the "look" impart ill will, curses or negative energy into that persons life.

nightowl

Moonangel
07-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Hello Nightowl, I think it might be something different and my recollection is not that good, It was a few years back I heard or read somewhere that if a person wishes you ill will that you may experience it as a pin prick in the eye or the feeling of having something like olbus oil flicked into the eye???

I was hoping that you was going to tell me :)

Time
07-06-2011, 01:18 AM
IF im not mistakin, the evil eye was an old school italian thing ( gypsies too?) which was used for curses. The "rock on" or as the fundy christians in tthe 70s called then " devil horns" ( * moan and groan) was what the people would use against it.

Then again, im sure theres moer mythology about an evil eye, or glare.. Think of medusa..

nightowl
07-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Yeah, it to me says intentions, intentions, intentions...in sending any energy it is what ones intent is, if you speak of spiritual tools then maybe the stare, the eyes, are the tool, the conduit for what energy is being sent out...

Moonangel I haven't been able to find anything on the pin prick sensation, sorry...:smile: Could it be a folk belief tied to a certain culture???

nightowl