PDA

View Full Version : Please share how affirmations have worked for you

Sarian
25-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I read about affirmations a lot, and they are extremely encouraging, but i would like to hear of your testimonies, so to speak. Thanks!

Perspective
26-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Hi Sarian, :smile:
I want to be more consistent in learning to think better through affirmations, but honestly, I think I get bored. That's why I'm trying to find affirmations sung to inspiring music. One I listen to, & I realized today that my youngest has it memorized!

A while back, I made my own affirmations & found inspiring pictures online & in my own little books to go with. Sometimes I'll just look through one before I go to bed.

I've also realized how much thoughts affect health. When I'm sick, I repeat affirmations, as I take care of myself & it seems to help.
I posted this before... but in case you missed it...
I love this searchable link for possible metaphysical causes of illness & affirmations for healing...
http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/health/healingaffirmations.htm (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vitalaffirmations. com%2Fhealth%2Fhealingaffirmations.htm)

Osian
26-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Positive affirmations such as 'i always find the perfect car parking space' always lands me the perfect space!

some of my affirmaations were infact so potent i've had to look at it & calm it down, the law of attraction was mirroring back exactly what i was affirming, the more i affirmed it the more i noticed other people were affirming it about me without them knowing my affirmationss! When i really feel in the center of my being the true belief of the affirmation I KNOW everything i'm seeking is now seeking me. It's wonderful.

Topaz
26-04-2011, 10:17 PM
I affirmed my ideal holiday . I am going to America , I felt it, breathed it , visualised myself stepping off the plane . Within four weeks of doing it my dream came true everything fell into place . I booked the cheapest return air ticket :) I just asked the universe . I would love to travel the whole of the west coast of America again . Best experience of my life x

jjj
26-04-2011, 10:59 PM
I use affirmations a lot but they are usually based around issues that I have that impede my life path. My last affirmation was/ is, "I live calmly at this moment with a conscious awareness of the gifts around me."

This is because I am engaging in the action steps to achieve my dream (private practice) and the experience I am looking for is more time to myself, less stress, and doing what I want to do. So, if I live calmly at this moment then I am not experiencing the stress and if I am consciously aware of the gifts around me then I am aware of the time I have with my kids and enjoy them in the moment, and also enjoy the job I have at the moment.
Since beginning this affirmation my boss has offered me a different, more enjoyable, and less stressful position. Someone has also approached me about a partnership in a private practice. I continue to affirm that I live calmly in this moment with a conscious awareness of the gifts around me. Pretty beautiful :)

Sarian
04-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Thank you for sharing these! Wonderful!

konrard
04-05-2011, 03:09 AM
I want to be more consistent in learning to think better through affirmations, but honestly, I think I get bored. That's why I'm trying to find affirmations sung to inspiring music. One I listen to, & I realized today that my youngest has it memorized!

A while back, I made my own affirmations & found inspiring pictures online & in my own little books to go with. Sometimes I'll just look through one before I go to bed.

I've also realized how much thoughts affect health. When I'm sick, I repeat affirmations, as I take care of myself & it seems to help.
I posted this before... but in case you missed it...
I love this searchable link for possible metaphysical causes of illness & affirmations for healing...
http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/health/healingaffirmations.htm (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vitalaffirmations. com%2Fhealth%2Fhealingaffirmations.htm)

whoa, great site, thanks for sharing

my experiences with affirmations have been positive as well

Sarian
04-05-2011, 02:54 PM
whoa, great site, thanks for sharing

my experiences with affirmations have been positive as well
It is! and thank you for bringing that up, konrard...everything is slipping my mind these days...I'll have to start using affirmations to prevent me from being so forgetful these days.:tongue: :icon_frown: :redface:

Saggi
04-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Wouldn't It Be Good by Nik Kershaw

I'm currently trying some ideas from Ask And It Is Given and one of them is saying 'wouldn't it be good if,,,'

Well, being of the 80's era when I read this I remembered the song and I make a little parody song up if I would like something good to happen.

And it works, the singing in itself is uplifting, my mind is concentrating on what I want and how I want it, I like it to rhyme and working on this helps me not think of the outcome, but the asking and just get on with it!

My favourite one so far is Wouldn't it be good to have a good day and then I'll add to it with what I consider a good day to be.

Then the song stays with me and I find myself singing or whistling it as a rfeminder and realising that it is actually happening!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Sarian
04-05-2011, 06:46 PM
That's great, Jo! When I go walking and hiking and sometimes jogging sometimes I have been saying "I'm building muscle, burning fat (or losing fat)" because I'm trying to lose the weight I lost 2 years ago and put back on (blast it...)... it keeps my mind from thinking things like oooooooooh, these stairs are killing me...these uphills...I want this hike over...whine, whine, whine... (the trail area i go to has a couple areas where you have these stone stairs to climb to get up the hill, rustic and neat looking) but killer on your legs...but walking up steep hills causes major burn too lol.

Thanks for sharing, it sounds wonderful!

New Rage Guru
06-05-2011, 12:47 AM
I give thanks for every situation I am in. If my day is **** I give thanks. If my day is great I accord it equal thanks. I try to be thankful on the inward breath and loving on the outward.
All my days are blissful.
Peace.

athribiristan
06-05-2011, 01:54 AM
I try to use affirmations any time I find myself thinking negatively. First I draw all of the power out of the negative thought and then I focus on an appropriate affirmation and take one deep breath to push energy into the affirmation. Then I move on and try not to think about either any more.

Some of my all time favorites are:

I am a divine immortal being

No matter what happens, I will be OK

This too shall pass

I am the Light

New Rage Guru
11-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Some of my all time favorites are:

I am a divine immortal being

No matter what happens, I will be OK

This too shall pass

I am the Light

Super Cool!

benjamin1254
16-05-2011, 10:01 PM
thank you for that... The post of course was months ago but it was something that has helped me today. So much so in fact it made me tear up quite a bit. I can't thank you enough!:hug3:

athribiristan
17-05-2011, 03:27 AM
thank you for that... The post of course was months ago but it was something that has helped me today. So much so in fact it made me tear up quite a bit. I can't thank you enough!:hug3:

You are very welcome.

Miss Hepburn
17-05-2011, 03:45 AM
You all may go, "God, that Miss Hepburn is so full of herself!"

But, affirmations are so passé.

"Before they call I will answer, while they are speaking I will hear." Isaiah 65:24

There is a point of knowing ---as I said on another thread, I have the remote control in my hand.

He hears the calls of that soul which sincerely opens to Him, worshipping within in Spirit and Truth.
The one that makes that connection with the Father in secret will feel the power flowing through him as the fulfillment of every desire.
For he that sees the Father in the secret place of his own soul and there abides, him the Father will reward openly.

I mean, affirmations are kindergarten. Mark my words, one day soon you will excel to a whole other level.

Ego - no.
Telling you of something neater, yes, yes, yes!

:hug3: Miss Hepburn

Practice makes perfect. :wink:

Miss Hepburn
17-05-2011, 03:55 AM
God!
...how could I ever tell you - the magic of being connected and relying 100 % on God.
A thought, one need in the mind, a subconscious desire----and He manifests it -- if I told them here no one would believe me - so other worldly, supernatural, so magical - how could I possibly be telling the truth ---it is too intimate...this love affair with my Creator, Father, Lover, bridegroom...it is so much more than Law of Attraction...it is a Divine Romance where nothing pleases Him more than giving you pleasure.

:love9:

waax
18-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Well what to say.

Affirmations are really common for me. I always get what I truly want. Sometimes it comes in this very moment. Sometimes it comes with smaller or bigger delay but it always come.

I wished to success in my job. I did.
I wished to become good with my family. It happen.
I wished to find my true love. I found it or she found me. Who knows but lol.
I wished to become more open to world. I've manage that
Wished to not have problems with laws and all sorts of negativism. For now it works great. I've never had fight with someone in my life and I'm male.

Well I've worked so much to manage those stuff but it happen.

That was just one of examples. I actually do not wish so much. If I see that I cannot manage it by myself, than and only than I am asking for help.

Volt
18-05-2011, 01:50 AM
One in particular I remember is asking my Dad about something which I wasn't sure he would happy with... I was scared for months. Finally one day I was like "I'm GOING to ask him" and "It'll be fine; what happens happens" and played encouraging music to prepare myself XD
Later that day, I asked him... He said "oh okay." ALL that worrying for an "oh okay?" Heck, what I wanted didn't even get to happen, but I've got another opportunity for it coming up and I wanna prepare for it because I'm scared again.

Miss Hepburn
18-05-2011, 07:15 AM
A thought, one need in the mind, a subconscious desire----and He manifests it --

I don't ask God for 'things' much and I didn't today.
I went to Goodwill...
I wanted a blouse.
But not any shirt - a particularly special thickness of white linen.
With the perfect sleeve length, cuff, collar, fit.
The perfect linen blouse for me, in other words... very expensive, well made, found in cities, not towns and certainly found in Europe.
I wanted it for an art opening in Sante Fe this
Friday of a new friend of mine, Lisa Law. (Google her if you'd like.)

There it was - half price - $3.00.
But, of course.

I don't see a need any more for affirmations.
Not any more.

:hug3:

Dave World
22-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I try to practice being grateful to God at every turn. When I return from a drive to town I automatically say to myself, "Thank you God for getting me home safely once again". When I shower I always pray "Thank you God for this day, this life and this universe. Please keep me and those I love healthy, wealthy and wise". This is followed by the Lords Prayer and the Serenity Prayer. Just enough time to wash and rinse my hair with eyes closed.

astroboy
22-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I want to be more consistent in learning to think better through affirmations.........I love this searchable link for possible metaphysical causes of illness & affirmations for healing...

Oh! Thank you Sarian. You're a great help. Bookmarked that link.

~ astroboy ~

astroboy
22-05-2011, 03:16 PM
God!
...how could I ever tell you - the magic of being connected and relying 100 % on God.
A thought, one need in the mind, a subconscious desire----and He manifests it -- if I told them here no one would believe me - so other worldly, supernatural, so magical - how could I possibly be telling the truth ---it is too intimate...this love affair with my Creator, Father, Lover, bridegroom...it is so much more than Law of Attraction...it is a Divine Romance where nothing pleases Him more than giving you pleasure.

Your words are intriguing. I wish to remind myself to be in the company of the bliss experiencing people.

serendipity2011
23-05-2011, 04:27 PM
I do the same thing, my husband is always amazed at how I get the front spot every time.

zipzip
29-05-2011, 12:37 AM
I don't ask God for 'things' much and I didn't today.
I went to Goodwill...
I wanted a blouse.
But not any shirt - a particularly special thickness of white linen.
With the perfect sleeve length, cuff, collar, fit.
The perfect linen blouse for me, in other words... very expensive, well made, found in cities, not towns and certainly found in Europe.
I wanted it for an art opening in Sante Fe this
Friday of a new friend of mine, Lisa Law. (Google her if you'd like.)

There it was - half price - $3.00.
But, of course.

I don't see a need any more for affirmations.
Not any more.

Well done, Miss Hepburn. I like that $3.00. Good for you.

Miss Hepburn
29-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Isn't it something that we can be so in touch with our True Self or
God that we can think something and it manifests?
Here's a quote I read today sitting on a downtown Denver bench
telling a guy with 2 hooks as hands about Braco coming June 28-9...
he said he was in town to teach a seminar - I said, "You're teaching typing?"

Anyhoo...

"I expect you to be master over the elements, master over your body, in charge
of every single cell so completely that you could resurrect it even though it were in a state of decay."

'The Door of Everything' by Ruby Nelson, page 40

:smile:

Miss Hepburn
29-05-2011, 02:39 AM
I do the same thing, my husband is always amazed at how I get the front spot every time.

:smile:

!!! Yup.

innerlight
29-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Years ago I was living from paycheck to pay check... Not knowing if I would bounce a check if I went out shopping for something. It was a crazy scary feeling not knowing if I would have money.

I started using affirmations a few years ago and have been able to not go from pay check to pay check anymore.

Silver
29-05-2011, 02:46 AM
I started using affirmations a few years ago and have been able to not go from pay check to pay check anymore.

Were there any ones you don't mind sharing that seemed particularly helpful to you?

Miss Hepburn
29-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Your words are intriguing. I wish to remind myself to be in the company of the bliss experiencing people.

Unsolicited guidance:
Don't experience people, my Scorpio brother - expereince God and reflect that to your brothers and sisters.
Who wants to "experience people" and all there "stuff" ----reflect and radiate love and kindness- be a light for them.
Help them experience their higher selves, you know?
We have a mission - help others.
Does that make sense? I hope I said that right.

:hug2: Miss Hepburn

astroboy
29-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Unsolicited guidance:

Help them experience their higher selves, you know?
We have a mission - help others.
Does that make sense? I hope I said that right.

:hug2: Miss Hepburn

Absolutely.

Miss Hepburn
29-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Were there any ones you don't mind sharing that seemed particularly helpful to you?
May I share also?
1983-4 --Just staring out in NYC as a massage therapist - money wasn't so great.
There seemed to have been an invisible ceiling of my earning power - times were different, rent was near nothing - but I only
earned never more than, say, $285 a week or less my whole life up to then.

I put the mute on the TV one Monday during a commercial - I closed my eyes
and said,
"I need more work. I need more money. I need more massages. So be it."

The following week I earned $895.
The next Monday I thought -Hey, let's do that again - exactly the same -
That next week I earned $995.
I lost track, but it continued in the $600s ...

As I said my affirmation experiences are too many to tell you all.
And now I don't use them. But, they are a great starting point!!!

innerlight
29-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Are you familiar with the the book or movie The Secret? The basic premise is that what you put out to the universe the same will return to you. So if you put out negativity then you will also attract negativity. I have witnessed this first hand in my life to be true. Most people have. It's why when you have a bad day, or become angry, the next thing you know more things start to happen.

If we know it to be true that we can bring the negative to us then we know that the opposite is true as well.

From there we work to bring the good into our life, and in this case it's more income. To bring that into our life we need to focus on the positive and the bringing into our life. Louise Hay also mentions that we should be in a thankful state to create the positive in our life. We must be thankful for what we have at all times. Even when we have it, and don't have it, when we spend it and don't spend it. It allows us to keep our mindsets positive and in turn bring in the positive.

What needs to be done is that we need to stay positive while we affirm, or use an affirmation, anyone is fine, to bring in new things to our life. In this case money. So something simple is all you need. Such as, my income is constantly increasing.

To add spice to our affirmation, or mantra, we add on normal means of our income, such as our jobs and work we do, and also add from means we are not aware of. Which allows the universe to work in anyway it can to bring us income. Do not focus on the how it will do that. That is not for us to be concerned with, or worry about. We let go and allow the universe to bring us income in any way that it can.

hope this helps..

Silver
29-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes, it certainly does, Innerlight.

I specially rez w/the being thankful and grateful for what we already have.

innerlight
29-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Glad it helps, silvergirl. And yes, it can be easy to forget the good that we currently have in our life.

Silver
29-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I put the mute on the TV one Monday during a commercial - I closed my eyes
and said,
"I need more work. I need more money. I need more massages. So be it."

The following week I earned $895.

Hey! I almost missed your response, Heppie baby~* or the Hepster. When I wanna respond to your posts, I always have to go back up 'cauze I can't remember if you're a Mrs. or a Miss ~grin~

That was a good story! I'm glad you did share, ty.

Sarian
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I love reading your encouraging stories. Thanks. I still seem to be having a hard time. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just a **** of a person... but I have been doing the affirmations, especially when I go on my walks/hikes/jogs... I feel so good saying them, but then it seems like hell breaks loose. I've been crying for days, but still I keep saying them....believing them, but more like trying to believe lately.

Miss Hepburn
01-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I love reading your encouraging stories. Thanks. I still seem to be having a hard time. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just a **** of a person... but I have been doing the affirmations, especially when I go on my walks/hikes/jogs... I feel so good saying them, but then it seems like hell breaks loose. I've been crying for days, but still I keep saying them....believing them, but more like trying to believe lately.

A lot of stinkin' thinkin'.

May I say ----"See the ball ...hit the ball."

If that doesn't make sense - I'll expound a little later. :smile:

(But get control of your thoughts right now, Sarian)

Best of luck.

gentledove
02-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Ahh, you are loveable and loved...period.:hug3:

sunshineofthesoul
04-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Affirmations have helped me to be more confident, growing up I had very low self esteem but through Affirmations I am now at a point in my life where I love myself and I see myself in a more positive way.

spiritwalker
06-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Affirmations they worked for me , with the use of candles. New job, love both happened that fast it was no coincidence. Also I suspect that thoughts/feelings could be a bit like soundwaves and can be picked up / sensed :)

ArtisticAthlete
08-06-2011, 03:55 AM
I used affirmations to find a new job. I said: "Thank you Universe for my new job in (insert city); I have the best co-workers and work environment!"

I said that every morning and every night (and anytime during the day when I thought about it) and about two weeks later I applied for a job at a temp agency and when they called me back, they didn't offer me the job I applied for, they offered me some random job they thought I'd be good at. It wasn't even on their website; was it a secret job or something? Lol. Anyway, I love my co-workers and I love my working environment! So, affirmations definitely work! On the not so good side, I didn't really mention anything about salary so now I'm using affirmations to attract a higher paying job; I guess I should have mentioned salary too! :)

Word of advice: Be consistent with your affirmations. If some of you guys are like me, you say them for a day or two then forget. Don't forget. Write them down if you have to. Repeat them until your affirmation comes true.

Best wishes! :-)

ArtisticAthlete
08-06-2011, 04:01 AM
P.S. Here are a bunch of personal stories from people who use affirmations. Just click the group that interests you and read as many personal stories as you'd like. I love this website! If I'm ever doubting my affirmations, I go to the website and see how affirmations work for EVERYTHING!

Enjoy! --> http://www.thesecret.tv/stories/

Sarian
09-06-2011, 03:44 PM
A lot of stinkin' thinkin'.

May I say ----"See the ball ...hit the ball."

If that doesn't make sense - I'll expound a little later. :smile:

(But get control of your thoughts right now, Sarian)

Best of luck.
Ha, ha, yes, I see the bolded words. I keep plucking away, but life has a way of imploding on you when you least expect it.

Sarian
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Ahh, you are loveable and loved...period.:hug3:
Thank you Gentledove, means a lot to me. :-)

Sarian
09-06-2011, 03:46 PM
P.S. Here are a bunch of personal stories from people who use affirmations. Just click the group that interests you and read as many personal stories as you'd like. I love this website! If I'm ever doubting my affirmations, I go to the website and see how affirmations work for EVERYTHING!

Enjoy! --> http://www.thesecret.tv/stories/
Your story of the job you landed is wonderful! And thank you for this link. I'm going to check it out now and probably save it! :smile:

lotusflower
11-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Hello sarian
For a long while I was flooded with negative affirmations and I really realized this had to change.I now wake up in the morning saying this is a wonderful and great day and it usually is and if it isnt affirmations that are positive have helped me through the days that are not so good.I am constantly saying positive things about myself and the things around me.what a difference these affirmations have made in my life.

Thirteen
14-06-2011, 06:11 PM
While driving I tend to use "The path will clear and I will make my exit" Sometimes I simply use: "The path will clear." The part of the Florida turnpike I travel has a lot of junctions, and if you are not in the right lane you end up in some strange part of nowhere, or having to make a U-Turn or going a bit out of your way. So I think this, and the traffic slows I make my move and get to my destination safely.

One of my favorites is "My day is cherry flavoured." Which for me kind of means: "My day is happily exciting, full of strange events and encounters."

I may try "My day is strawberry flavoured" soon.

Adrienne
14-06-2011, 06:53 PM
hi Thirteen, I like the highway driving one. I will have to remember that. I usually say something like " let my travel be free flowing " .

and I think the cherry and strawberry days ones are cute ! :smile:

Dream Angel xx

Sarian
15-06-2011, 02:51 AM
Hello sarian
For a long while I was flooded with negative affirmations and I really realized this had to change.I now wake up in the morning saying this is a wonderful and great day and it usually is and if it isnt affirmations that are positive have helped me through the days that are not so good.I am constantly saying positive things about myself and the things around me.what a difference these affirmations have made in my life.
That's wonderful, Lotusflower. So encouraging. Thank you for sharing.:hug: