PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Development Challenge For You!

Perspective
24-04-2011, 08:12 PM
One part of spiritual development is learning to see several perspectives and assimilating them in a creative way.
Obviously, we all have internet access... so I challenge you to...

Pick one of the subjects below, to study.
Pick any 2 or more sources that you're unfamiliar with (or is relatively new to you).
Read as much or as little as you want about your subject.
Then tell us anything you've learned or see in a new way.

1. Belief
2. Energy
3. God
4. Harmony
5. Healing
6. Life
7. Love
8. Metaphysics
9. Spirit
10. Subconscious

Wolfe of Wildwood
24-04-2011, 08:21 PM
A metaphysicist as like a philosopher that takes both science and the supernatural into account, not just logic. That would get very confusing and complicated, because the three things don't often agree with eachother, but in truth it seems like something that's actually easier if you think about something in a simpler manner, so you can see the whole picture instead of focusing on the details, or see the details and ignore the whole picture. They've succeeded when they can do both at once. (Just my take on it, not many actual facts in this post)

Ivy
24-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I feel perhaps experience may seem to be a much slower form of development. But it surely touches the spirit like soil to the roots of a growing plant.

The study of knowledge is perhaps a worthwihile pursuit that can help a person as they grow.

But if I went off and read a book or googled one of these subjects, would my spiritual development show in the facts I brought back?

Perspective
24-04-2011, 09:42 PM
WolfeofWildwood,
THANK YOU! :hug3:
I hadn't realized how metaphysics combined those 3 studies.
Interesting!
Metaphysics seems a little like what my intent with this thread is...
to incorporate different perspectives in a new creative way... and to think "outside the box" we're used to...
Also, to incorporate great minds on and off "Spiritual Forums"!! :)

Heather,
What you ask is almost like asking "Does your spiritual development show in the "facts" you read & post on this forum?" Except although, this forum offers diversity, there is a unifying spiritual interest. I want to encourage thinking outside what's usually considered. I don't want to argue about if learning new perspectives helps our spiritual development or not... nor do I want to argue whether we should do this or not. Either do it or don't. Fair enough?

Perspective
24-04-2011, 10:10 PM
I'll take the topic of Healing...
The need for healing arises from trauma, real or perceived. The more frightened or helpless we feel, the more traumatic any experience is. As a child, we're more likely to feel helpless because adults are bigger, stronger & more knowledgeable than we were. Any child with a wild & unchecked imagination could experience trauma within, without experiencing it externally. As a parent, this makes me want to stay close with my kids - so they feel open to discuss anything with me.

Something else I discovered about healing is a miraculous fact of womens' bodies! When any part of us is injured, our natural healing mechanisms go into play - through blood, scabs... then scar tissue develops to protect against further injury. This wonderful natural healing process happens everywhere in the body - except one place... woman's ovaries. It is the ONLY place where scar tissue is completely & naturally dissolved. If it were not so, after her 1st 2 periods, she would be infertile & none of us would be here.

Ivy
24-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Heather,
What you ask is like asking "Does your spiritual development show in the "facts" you read & post on this forum?" This forum offers diversity, yet there is a unifying spiritual interest. I want to encourage thinking outside what's usually considered. I don't want to argue about if learning new perspectives helps our spiritual development or not... nor do I want to argue whether we should do this or not. Either do it or don't. Fair enough?

Learning new perspectives I whole-heartedly agree with the benefits. Whether new perspectives are gathered as quickly as a google search, I doubt. I feel there is much to be shared on these subjects simply from individual perspectives....wherever they may be sourced. Im not great with learning from reading...so I offered my perspective. My apologies for not giving what you wanted. I wanted to give the perspective that youve not included...thats all.

Wolfe of Wildwood
25-04-2011, 01:25 AM
heather, I respect that, it actually makes sense once explained, though I choose to disagree.

Perspective, thanks :) Two different sites called them scientists and philosophers, and it made me think about how you would combine these into a singular thing. The subject matter is where the supernatural comes in, and I thought that simplifying things instead of complicating things made sense 'cause the closer you get to the beginning (the simpler it is) then the easier it is to connect things. :]

Perspective
25-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Heather,
Thanks for your good intentions.

WolfeofWildwood,
That's true! Light bulb moment! Thanks.
It's like that really smart scientist/philosopher who talked through a machine...
He explained how science is so concerned with how the universe functions & how it was created... but not concerned enough about why.

unus supra
25-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Hey, i think this is a brilliant thread, im short on understanding in terms of healing.

so im going to take healing buddy, BUT, im gonna nail this one, it will take some time so il probably bring this thread back up after a while. i want to get it, through and through.

novel idea

kavon

Mind's Eye
25-04-2011, 07:33 PM
I have really been on the subject of belief lately. There is just something in man that needs to believe in some world or Divine entity beyond himself and I believe it goes beyond glands and brain function as some would purpose. I think where man has gone awry is by not following his heart in matters of faith and spiritual things. He, for some reason, has let other individuals relate to him what is beyond the material veil. And naturally, when these ideas are presented by a person of influence, those images are more readily accepted by the subconscious mind of the one hearing and learning. This, then causes entire tribes, countries and cultures to perhaps hold a skewed interpretation of the Divine... hence the thought energies that they broadcast will project the experiences of the believers whether they be positive or negative.

In conclusion; we all need our teachers in life. But once we have accepted a piece of data from another, we have to assimilate it to ourselves and cast off any jagged edges that might not resonate with our inner being.

Perspective
25-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Kavon,
Thanks so much for your encouragement! I needed that! :hug3:
I look forward to what you have to share on this thread. And also, the other thread where you got an idea jogging but then forgot it - that happens to me sometimes too!

TheSphinx, :color:
Thanks for playing along! I love what you wrote... especially,"I think where man has gone awry is by not following his heart in matters of faith and spiritual things."I was just thinking about a part in the song, "Forever Young" that says, "Never love in vain"... Maybe that's what that commandment (that says not to take God's name in vain) is really about - since God is love."In conclusion; we all need our teachers in life. But once we have accepted a piece of data from another, we have to assimilate it to ourselves and cast off any jagged edges that might not resonate with our inner being."Well put! I've noticed a tendency in me & others to want others to think like we do... or try to think like others to fit in.
Deeply connecting & relating with someone is awesome, but that's only when both are honest & allowing each other to be honest. Anyone with an open heart will be influenced by others, but as you suggest, it's spiritually beneficial to consciously decide how much influence is appropriate for who we really are.

Wolfe of Wildwood
25-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Sphinx and Perspective, that's exactly the sort of thing I've been telling people for years! (well, sort of ranting, but still) My way of saying it was much less eloquent, I never thought of religion needing to fit your inner self and how stuctured religion is like peer pressure. That's actually really enlightening, thank you. I've been building my idea of religion this way since third grade and never knew how to define it except as ever-expanding theories, so this is very helpful.

Mind's Eye
25-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Sphinx and Perspective, that's exactly the sort of thing I've been telling people for years! (well, sort of ranting, but still) My way of saying it was much less eloquent, I never thought of religion needing to fit your inner self and how stuctured religion is like peer pressure. That's actually really enlightening, thank you. I've been building my idea of religion this way since third grade and never knew how to define it except as ever-expanding theories, so this is very helpful.

I think I started reshaping my spiritual walk when I was a bout 12 years old. Although I had many layers of fear and darkness to break through. And when I managed to break through one layer, mainstream religion would pour another one upon me. It was a lot of ups and downs, breakthroughs and break downs to finally emerge from that dank and hellish place that men have have encapsulated many a soul in.

And in the end, if there be any truth to the old Christian creeds and belief systems at all... I am sure that God would give all of us who broke free from the mainstream ideology a free and loving pass. For would not God want us to seek him in love and awe, rather than fear and pressure?

Religion is not belief, it is a forced opinion.

Wolfe of Wildwood
25-04-2011, 10:58 PM
@Sphinx: You really are very eloquent, are you a public speaker or a writer? If not then you should be. :] I agree that today's main stream religion is more of a social definition of what we should believe than what most - even religious practitioners - would believe given the freedom to do so. The problem is people take religion as fact, which it is not, instead of a philosophy, which is closer to the truth. Religion goes beyond everyday thinking, (or is supposed to) so we should go beyond everyday thinking when dealing with it. However most simply take it at face value, thinking less about it than they would about what brand of jeans they bought. This is what many argue is blind faith, and that is why I refuse to follow anything on "blind faith."

Lynn
26-04-2011, 01:15 AM
  Energy from the Metaphysical View

Energy looked at from a Metaphysical point of view one can understand all things are connected In all things that includes what is seen as living and non living. It all relates directly to another. All Universal things give off and take in energy. One can see energy as a touch that one sends out. When we hold something like a rock in our hand we feel that it is there too that rock feel we are there. It is a transfer of energy. That rock has gravity holding it to our hand so there is energy. Thus all things around us project out and take in energies.

There are levels to energies we feel some are very full on direct and other’s are almost not there or taken so for granted that we do not maybe notice it as energy. The biggest thing we fail to most times sense in is Spirit energies or inter dimension energies. One has the “brain” kick in at times and tell us something is not there or not real and we fail to feel deeper on that. One too can be the other way and totally pick up such Spirit energies and even at times Empathic energies from another person or Spirit.

One has at times entered a room I be sure and that entry has not felt good to us. Do we stop to look deeper to why most times NO. We just dismiss that feeling and move on. If we were to STOP and take stock in that moment in time we might well make a contact other wise missed.

One too has I be sure at times had a really rotten day and wondered on why. It might well be energy that is effecting one in a way again one has not STOPPED to look at. This can be physical things like room temperatures of lighting conditions . Often these in a work place be things out of one’s control. Too we are bombarded by the energies of one’s around us but again might well fail to STOP and realize that one. Accepting it just be the way it is. If we take that time to look deeper into that very mood one is in , if one takes in
that time to look deeper one might find the ROOT and be able to FIX one’s very day in day out moods.

If one is to look at the body from the view of Metaphysics one will be dividing said body into sections or centers. For the understanding here I will call them Chakra’s . Points in the body where there are said to be energy wheels that spin and open and close and when one is at one’s best they are in a state of balance. This branches off into forms of healings to bring on this balance or even meditations. When we are in balance in the Chakra’s it is said that we feel better on the physical and mental levels of being.

One early on is educated there be but 5 senses we have. They be Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch, and Taste. One takes that one step deeper on the Metaphysical plane of thinking to the 6th Sense often seen as a paranormal sense. It is the Third Eye at times sense or that inner voice one has. If we open to hearing and seeing with that sense we might well experience more on the Soul level of being.

One is always able to open to this 6th sense as we all have that in us just that some do not choose in such. Right or wrong NO more one’s personal choice or life path.

There are so many terms that one can use to name energies . Light, Vibrations, Colours, Aura’s, Essence ect. What one does no as fact is that all things share in a common thread. That thread is molecules that make things what they are. So if all things have a molecular core then that might well mean all things are emitting and receiving in energy so all things are connected as ONE. One might look at living things as something that needs something else to maintain that status of being. For man that is FOOD on the very base level. Too as this human creature we be too we need that which his thought to be non living to sustain us the very Earth’s crust. That land we live on as we can not as of yet live in water though we are made up of a lot of it and we need it .

Like the Earth has poles that being Magnetic North and Magnetic South our body to has poles. In the very energy centers or Chakras, we have in us a Crown and at Root. One too is made up of positives and negatives much line the forces of the Universe. There is Light and there is Dark from the Earth’s very rotation around the Sun but too in us there is that Light and Dark. One can be both good and bad all at times in the same moment.

Often to find that place in balance in self we seek out ceremonies or rituals or do certain actions such as prayers or blessings. One seeks at times the company of other’s of like minded feeling or beliefs as that makes one feel in balance. One too often uses tool to bring this energy to us or for us to understand what is going on in one’s life path or certain situations. The Light of a candle has many levels of what it can give forth to us. One is to give us the Light to make NIGHT day so we can get things done, the other is at times in meditations or rituals. One can feel the heat that is energy that we take in. In some moments the heat from but one candle can be enough to save one’s very life in an emergency situation. On the negative side that very flame too can destroy one’s very life.

There too are one’s that use one’s personal energies to work with the great good and help other’s. This is most often in a form of a healing done. One does not have to be face to face or even in any contact with a person to give forth this energy for it to be felt. There is no confines that energy travels in not roads it must run along . It is fluid in its motion. It is in the very acceptance that there is energy that another might well feel its positive effects.

One is but a BLIP on the Universal Map, in that we often feel we have no meaning in that life or that we have nothing of value to project out from us. This is not true as we are all connected on that energy level and if one has had a life existence one has left part of one’s energy in the vastness of the Universe. To some that be a foot print left. What we most often fail to do most times is to STOP and take that minute to understand in what energy is as it is in us. With a thought we can both heal and destroy. What one needs to learn and embrace maybe as man the most is that we are all ONE. We all share in but one common thread…..that be one’s VERY DNA.

Lynn

Lynn
26-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Hello

What is LOVe ?

LOVe is said to be a strong emotional attachment based on affection for another person or animal or item. LOVe too encompasses other areas such as human kindness, and compassion.

We can talk even on LOVe in a Biblical sense in reference to the connection to God and Jesus . To the Devine Unconditional LOVe. The idea that we are all God’s children and in that we are all LOVed by God.

How we use the word LOVe is on many a level. LOVe can refer to a mate in a passionate way or sexual way of understanding. Too the word LOVe can be used when making passions. One can say “ I LOVe YOU” to another person on many levels too, one is in the romantic way the other is in a feeling of friendship in a totally non romantic meaning.

In many ways its easier to say what is NOT LOVe that what is LOVe. What is not LOVe is “hate”, what is not romantic LOVe is “lust”. Though we can have LOVe for a close friend. it’s a feeling that one gets that maybe makes one want to put LOVe at the end of a letter when signing one’s name to it.

There are so many song’s written on LOVe the one that comes fully to mind is “ What the World Needs Now is LOVe Sweet LOVe”

We can too have inspirational LOVe.
That feeling the is deeply in us to create,
Or to do an action that shows LOVe.

One goes to Romeo and Juliette
The Balcony

Lynn

Lynn
26-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Hello

Overview of God as I honestly do not walk that path but I go forth with Universal Light (to many I know that be the Light of God ) I embrace that path with them and for them.

Christianity

Christianity ( Ancient Greek words is “Khnistos” Christ, literally “anointed one”
Christianity is based on the teachings of the Bible and that of Jesus. Jesus is the Son of God, but too much more on a deeper humanity level. Jesus is said to be the “Savior”.

Christians follow the teachings of Jesus for this one has a belief in God, and that Jesus is the Son of God. One follows a path of belief in Jesus dying in the Cross, he from there rose from the dead. Jesus was crucified on the Cross and his body was later removed and was placed in a rock tomb. It was three days later that Jesus rose form the dead.

Jesus’ death on the Cross was a Holy sacrifice that gives man an insight to Sin and shows a path to salvation. Thus in church at times one is offered the blood of Christ ( wine ) and the body of Christ ( Bread ).

Mary is the Mother of Jesus but too she was said to be a virgin. This was made possible by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is known as the Holy Trinity, God the Father, God the Son ( Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus was sent from God to be man’s savior, maybe more of a remembrance that we had a teacher. Jesus in making the sacrifice in his death, gave to the Church much teachings.

Lynn

Lynn
26-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Hello

What is Energy Healing ?

Simply put it is holistic therapy that goes to the whole body, Mind (Soul) and Spirit. It is a fast and effective totally natural way to find relief from stress, muscle tensions, some of the glands. It opens the blood flow at times to areas that are in need of more. It works on physical pains especially back and neck. Some take it deeper to work on Cancer and other life illnesses. Too it has been proven VERY effective on sexual malfunction issues where there is no found medical cause.

It is a totally non invasive way to approach a healing as NO HAND’s need touch or the person need not even be there in the physical with the one doing the healing. It is a universal practice and as the energy too is universal time and space does not effect its flow.

What one is accessing is the life force energy that is in all of us and in all things on the Earth Plane and one can too bring in the universal energies. It works on the very Soul level .

Types of energy healings include Reiki, Qi Energy Healing, Therapeutic Touch, (this does not have to be done hand on depending on method used ) , Dolphin Energy Healing, Chios Healing, Angel Healing Touch….and many more.

I do a lot of distance healing and recently I have just taken a workshop on working on the sexual malfunctions that have NO MEDICAL cause to be found. Medial causes common are heart disease , diabetes or even prostate issues. Too abuse of alcohol.

In these cases where illness is known I would ask for some Dr.’s permissions and would follow that one UP. I have done so. If there is no cause a Dr . can find and gives a thumbs up then I have worked with some that have had very LONG TERM nothing and there has been huge successes. Opening the energy channels is all or finding blockages that are there. In one case it was pressure in a lower spine nerve. To have this one’s Dr tell me his patient was truly sent and Angel. I just see it as energy. Too it is noted that one does see the healing to conclusions at times. Again done with the utmost of respects.

Such healing are done with the utmost of respects and its done with energy only. Many times it will go along with touch massage ( again energy only) . Many times stress I all that blocks the blood flow and makes our muscles sore, gives us that head ache. Often its found that where the pain sits is not the site that the pain stems from. A lot of headaches have the source in the tailbone area.

I found that when a Touch Healer worked on me headache she started at me tailbone and I was like why. When I felt it click I instantly felt the headache leave me. I was like OMG as I do have a healed fracture there. The nerves was compressed there.

Many woman in labour will have a touch healer there to ease the pains in delivery as it is done without drugs . I had one with me last child a nurse trained in it. What I felt was a great easing in me neck pains. So that I could concentrate better. I was like I will take any help but Medication.

What an energy healing does best is it gives to the body more of a balanced feeling. When pains and tensions leave the body one feels more confident and is more productive. One too is happier.

The benefits are wonderful. At times it gives one a “life” back that was missing. Gives on the passions of life again.

This too this Touch Healing or Energy Healing is NEVER EVER. EVER a replacement to me for Medically trained Dr’s it is COMPLEMENTRY to the what the Dr. does. I work very closely at times with the Dr. There too is not any GOVERNED License one is yet given. The person getting the healing knows this full well. WE ARE NOT DR’s. in that sense of practice.

Lynn

Having just completed Reiki III and now being a Reiki Master this means way more to me than when I first started to look at healing.

Perspective
27-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Lynn,
YOU ARE AWESOME! :hug3:
Thanks for your time, thought & love in responding. ...One too often uses tool to bring this energy to us or for us to understand what is going on in one’s life path or certain situations. The Light of a candle has many levels of what it can give forth to us. One is to give us the Light to make NIGHT day so we can get things done, the other is at times in meditations or rituals. One can feel the heat that is energy that we take in. In some moments the heat from but one candle can be enough to save one’s very life in an emergency situation. On the negative side that very flame too can destroy one’s very life... Good points. It seems to imply a need to be aware of ourselves & where we're out of balance... & to find a creative solution.
The candle made me think of Feng Shui.

We can too have inspirational LOVe.
That feeling the is deeply in us to create,
Or to do an action that shows LOVe.

One goes to Romeo and Juliette
The Balcony Shakespeare!!! :smile:
So true! - Love is not just a noun/feeling - but also action!

Overview of God as I honestly do not walk that path but I go forth with Universal Light (to many I know that be the Light of God ) I embrace that path with them and for them. So beautifully, put, Lynn!
I'm trying to learn to respect others views, especially when they're different than mine. Like UnusSupra mentioned, we must learn to put our relationships above beliefs.

I have yet & look forward to reading about energy healing... a topic I'm especially interested in, but I have to go help my kids.

Lynn
27-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Hello

While I know much on Metaphysics as it be a path I have walked since I was 16 and first learned of it....here are some thoughts.

I might well see where the other's take me....in the present time of thoughts.....

What does Metaphysics Mean ?

The word Metaphysics means the philosophy of being, the part concerned with the study of nature of being and beings. It is the examination of the nature of reality, the relationship of Mind, Body and Soul.

Where did Metaphysics Begin ?

The term Metaphysics can be dated to about 300 BC and the works of philosopher Aristotle.

Aristotle was a Greek philosopher, student of Plato and teacher to Alexander the Great. He is one of the most influential founders of Western Philosophy. He was the first to combine the concepts of morality, aesthetics ( which from the Metaphysical point of view deals with the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values), logic, science and being, or of being in the highest degree of abstraction. Aristotle refers to Metaphysics as “ first philosophy”.

Metaphysics asks the questions :
What is space and time ?
How does a thing differ from an idea ?
As humans are we free to decide in our own fates ?
Is there a starting point, or did God truly create it all ?

It can be said that Metaphysics is the base for all Religions to come. Metaphysics path being of the Mind, Body, and Soul, and the blending of Science with Religion.
Metaphysical studies generally seek to explain inherent or universal elements of reality, which are not easily discovered or experienced in our day to day lives. The exploration of the reality that exists beyond the physical World. Metaphysical studies might well include the study of the nature of the human mind, the definition and meaning of existence, or the nature of time and space. The path of understanding “Enlightenment”, “ Paranormal”, “Soul and Spirit”, “Past and Future Lives”, “Dreams and Out of Body Experiences” ( this would include NDE and Astral, Lucid and Precognitive {vision dreams} ), Evolution vs. Creation, Science and Religion, (including the Crafts and Mystical Arts ) , Evolution of the Soul. EXT. Seeking to find TRUTH or physical proofs. Taking the path separate from Religion where one “believes” things to be TRUTH, Metaphysics seeks to find PROOF.

Who Started Philosophy ?

We can only try to answer this question, we can look to Greek Pythagoras ( puh-THA-guh-rus) whose teachings broke into to trains of thought, one being mathematical and science based, the other being Religious and ritualistic. This combined in time we think go on to be Metaphysics .
One has to wonder where the original notion of the
“Meaning of Life” came from. When I think on Metaphysics I am taken to two different cultures one being Egyptian and the other being Mayan. What might well have given the Greek’s the credit was the advancement in “written works”. Aristotle was simply maybe the first to put the questions to paper.

Is Metaphysics a Religion ?

As many Religions today profess to be Metaphysical in nature, many people understand the word Metaphysics to be a Religious sect. This is incorrect. Metaphysics is a doctrine which underlines many Religions, but it also underlines many philosophies, some sciences and much literature. In most dictionaries and encyclopedias Metaphysics is listed as a philosophical doctrine that defines “ all things are part of each other and searches to discover first cause principals.”

There are "MY" thoughts I shared in a Metaphysical Church .

Lynn

Lynn
27-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Hello

This covers harmony for me. As I veiw harmony as the balance of Mind, Body and Soul. If one finds balance here things just roll along with the ups and downs being fine.

Mind, Body and Soul

The mind when one talks on the Mind many times one thinks about the human brain. The Mind is not the brain. The brain is the center of the nervous system and is a highly complex organ. The brain basically is the control mechanism for the body. The brain holds thought, perception, memory and emotions.

The Mind is the consciousness it is in essence the Soul. It is said that the Soul holds in it the “collective” consciousness . That being the consciousness of maybe past life learning’s. The earliest records of this “Mind” being separate go to the writings and teachings of Buddha, Plato, Aristotle and more. This is the concept of a relationship between the Mind and Soul or the Mind in fact being Soul.
The Soul is the ‘essence’ of every living thing. I state in every living thing and I too include the Soul being in inanimate objects as well such as rocks ext. This is known as “animism” the spiritual idea that a soul exists not only in man but also in all natural things and even the universe.

The Soul is thought to enter the body at the moment life begins common feelings on this is at the time of conception where Egg and Sperm meet. The Soul is of the body but to free flowing from the body. The soul bring forth with it to the body the consciousness or knowledge to continue on its path of learning to Enlightenment.

The Soul is not to be confused with the Spirit as one too has a sprit but that is the essence that be left after the body’s ceases to function. The Spirit is the essence of the body that was. That learning’s and experiences of the person one once was.

The view of life and death can be broken down into physical and non physical death. The body is said to die, what happens here is that the body simply stops in its biological functions. As it comes in with conception to biological life so it dies from biological life.

The Soul however is translucent and free from material form. The Soul is said to have eternal existence. Eternal meaning to exist for an infinite amount of time or to be of a timeless state. To be immortal or to have immortality this idea has Religious overtones in the concepts. From the biological stand point at this time immortality is not possible. Time has an end. We has humans in a body have a life span.

Aristotle defined the Soul as the “Core” or “Essence” of a living being. He went so far as to say the Soul was an independent life form .

There is no doubting the connection of the Mind to the body, this is commonly referred “dichotomy” which is any splitting of a whole into two non - overlapping parts. Thus the body and the Mind.

Plato viewed the body as a form in the material World and the Soul form that of the World of Ideas and thus immortal. He viewed the Soul as being temporarily united with the body and would only separate from that body at death. When the Soul would then return to the World of Forms. Since the Soul does not exist in time and space, as the body does, it can access in Universal Truths.

From the view point of Plato, Ideas or Forms are the true reality, and are experienced by the Soul. The body to Plato is empty in that it cannot access the abstract reality of the World, it can only experience shadows. His view is based on epistemology or more modern term rationalism, a view appealing to reason as a source of knowledge or justification.

The body is defined as physical form. Being that of human or animal the complete structure of a physical form. The physical part of a person. The body consists of parts head, neck, torso, arms and legs. Too it contains the vital organs the give it the physical life to experience life in the Earthly form of reality.

The body be the house for the Soul and for the Spirit. The place where the Soul comes into experience existence and learings in the body or physical forms of being. The Spirit is the essence that is housed too in the body to contain the experiences of that physical existence. The Spirit as does the Soul leaves the body when that body stops its physical existence a process called death.

In the view of the Mind-body dichotomy, the body is considered in behavior and therefore considered as little valued and trivial in comparison to Mind, Spirit or Soul . Mind and Soul being one in the view I hold.

When one says Mind, Body and Soul I see Mind as being the consciousness of the Soul, able to split but not separate. Body being the physical house that for a time hold the Soul and the Spirit.

Again just "My" thoughts.

Lynn

Perspective
28-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Hi Lynn! Congratulations on becoming a Reiki Master!
It's something I'm interested in as well... so much to learn! Aristotle refers to Metaphysics as “ first philosophy”.

Metaphysics asks the questions :
What is space and time ?
How does a thing differ from an idea ?
As humans are we free to decide in our own fates ?
Is there a starting point, or did God truly create it all ?

It can be said that Metaphysics is the base for all Religions to come. Metaphysics path being of the Mind, Body, and Soul, and the blending of Science with Religion.My first exposure to the idea of Metaphysics was "Metaphysical causes of illness & healing affirmations." So I always think of Meta - meaning mind & physical meaning body. But getting more into it, as you have, I realize it involves much more!
...The Soul is not to be confused with the Spirit as one too has a sprit but that is the essence that be left after the body’s ceases to function. The Spirit is the essence of the body that was. That learning’s and experiences of the person one once was.This reminds me of something I read. There are scriptures discussing, "The book of life" - which include our bodies. Our bodies tell everything - in the wrinkles, the smoothness, the relaxation, the stress, the energy or lack of... Our history is all there! And maybe, as you mentioned, our spirit is the essence of all that! ...As I veiw harmony as the balance of Mind, Body and Soul. If one finds balance here things just roll along with the ups and downs being fine.

...Mind and Soul being one in the view I hold.

When one says Mind, Body and Soul I see Mind as being the consciousness of the Soul, able to split but not separate. Body being the physical house that for a time hold the Soul and the Spirit.

Again just "My" thoughts.
LynnThanks for sharing, Lynn. :hug3:
I also see the interconnectedness of thoughts, feelings & bodily sensations.
What you mention about the body being a physical house for the soul & spirit... seems so obviously true, yet how often we associate ourselves & others with the "physical house" & not what's inside.

Lynn
28-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Hello

I have gone forth to beleif. Intersting to look at the levels it can be. I thank one for this thread and I hope other's see the VALUE in what one might well learn about SELF if one opens to explore.

Belief - What it Means and What it is ?

Definitions :

The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another

Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actually, or validity of something

Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.

Religious faith

Opinion; conviction

Synonyms: belief, credence, credit, faith
These nouns denote mental acceptance of the truth, actuality, or validity of something: a statement unworthy of belief; an idea steadily gaining credence; testimony meriting credit; has no faith in a liar's assertions.

When I think of the word “Belief” I am transported back to the Greek teachings of Plato, and Socrates, Aristotle and other’s, for the idea of knowledge based ideas and trains of thinking. Where the idea of science and religion merged in what is Metaphysics. The Mind, Body and Soul being of one.

Growing up to believe in God and in Jesus the Son of God and he being our Savior and never finding the answers I sought to WHY I was made so very different I found I lost that belief. What I know now though what I lost was not belief but TRUST in where I was lead not to talk. Where I was lead not to find the answers to the questions I had. To find many year’s later those were questions without (for the age of the times I grew up in ) answers as one’s path might have lead one to be confined and then one knows well NO growth would have come forth.

To turn from that belief at 13 from God, but I held the believe in the counter to God in that being Satan. Never crossing any moral lies though as I had a solid foundation in what was right and wrong. Too I had the fear of me Father with me. ( not in that he was negative more that he commanded certain moral standards ) In that place of being so lost and confused one lost belief in even SELF, to the point of wanting out of life itself at 16. Blessed to have a divine intervention from the source that ONE would never have thought possible. The very teacher I so could not stand that I even acted out upon.

What I have come to find is that one does not have to believe in God as something that one follows a path with, but that one can embrace the teachings there as words on a page. That one can have faith but it does not have to be on a religious level of understanding. It can be on a level of understanding of other’s and other faiths. To hear the words of other’s and take from those words something in learning’s. I know of White Light I work with that, too I know of the darker side of that Light and I too work with that. I have faith in me and in the Guide’s I was blessed to have been given. I too can accept in what I can not prove or disprove be possible from all faiths. What I call Universal Light might well be the Light of God.

Belief in self in whom one is and what one is. That is where TRUST comes into play. That trust that one has things are going to be ok even in the darkest times of life. That one is given what one needs but not necessarily what one might well want. Belief that life has lessons for a reason and not all are good in the moment they come, but when one can look back one will find maybe the WHY and then the reason. That which helped one move forward to a new place.

Belief in one’s around ye, be that family or extended general populations. That the society one lives in is safe and one is a part of that place. From an early age we need to feel protected and secure but too from that early age we are subject to pre set beliefs. We are sent off to school where there too we find that security with other’s around us. Hopefully one grows from those times. For me school was a nightmare I happily have left behind me.

I hold TRUST higher in meaning than anything even LOVe. I believe in SELF and the layers that self be, as one is the body person but to one is with a Soul that has more paths forward to go on. I have a belief that I owe that Soul the best I can offer.

Lynn

ROM
28-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Life is God's expression and exploration of His Self.

Lynn
28-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Hello

Onward with the topics one asked us to look at. Here be God. Again these are by me own thoughts.....

God ? A short three letter word that hold so much with it.

God the singular deity, the belief in “ONE” sole God. When one thinks of God one might well think on the one that created it all that all knowledge is that of God. God is the creator but also the one that looks over it all that was created. God is to some a being, to other’s an energy or Light. If not a being then not of material, in the nature of having a body or any form of substance. This idea would mean that one transcends both time and space and that one believes that something can exist without material matter. This idea of incorporeal dates to the teachings of Plato.

God is the English word used other languages of course have their own words but it is all the one meaning that which I call “Universal Light”, embracing to some that be the very Light of God. One can debate the existence of God, but one can not prove or disprove that existence so the path I have found to walk is one without God, but embracing that there is possibilities there. Levels are Metaphysical ( being of Mind, Body and Soul ), empirical ( observation or experiments ), deductive ( reasoning or logic), inductive ( employing logic ).
To the levels we know as “Atheism” that God does not exist or “ Agnostic” in that no one know if God exists .

One’s often say I fit with the Agnostic place, but I so do not like the connotations that implies. More I follow the path of Metaphysics where God is one, God is in everything and is everywhere, we are all a part of God as one has a Soul. Where I would go to feel God is one’s Higher Self, all that is be ONE and all be living. What everything is made of simply put is energy so God is energy.

How would one be a part of God, simply put we are a spark of that consciousness, but we have been given that time to be in physical form. Too we are with a Soul that is ever expanding and might well be infinite on a path to find enlightenment. Enlightenment being the path to all knowledge or total inner peace. Maybe to transcend past the need to come forth to be in a physical state, to be all energy.

In the Bible the title "Mother" is never used for God. In the Old Testament , God does use the title "Father" for Himself, but only rarely.

Now, God be praised, that to believing souls gives light in darkness, comfort in despair.
William Shakespeare (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/william_shakespeare.html)

Lynn

pendus
28-04-2011, 07:51 PM
iam a newbie in spiritual development, pls someone help! a fortune teller told me that somebody took my name to a deadly spirite and put a price against my life. now i took everything common but the effect is now affecting me. pls the GURUS/GRANDMASTERS help me to getout of this and live my normal life.

Thanks

Lynn
28-04-2011, 10:56 PM
iam a newbie in spiritual development, pls someone help! a fortune teller told me that somebody took my name to a deadly spirite and put a price against my life. now i took everything common but the effect is now affecting me. pls the GURUS/GRANDMASTERS help me to getout of this and live my normal life.

Thanks

Hello

It is truly sad when one gives out "false" claims. Do not give this the power that it does not deserve. To get past things the best way is to face the issues one has in life, and find possitve solutions to them.

To give one the power too of Gurus or Grand Master is not something I would do as we are all equals as we all are on the Earthly Plane, just that for some they FEEL they are higher is all.

At times the best help is in the councellors and medical professionals that are there.

Lynn

daisy
28-04-2011, 11:21 PM

Thanks

I agree with Lynn, don't allow this so called 'fortune teller' to scare you, i'm also curious as to whether this fortune teller charged you money for this 'reading,' and did she then offer to 'remove' these problems for even more money?

A lot of bogus 'fortune tellers' make their money by frightening people in this way. This sounds like a scam to me.

A genuine psychic or medium would not leave you with any shred of fear imo

innerlight
28-04-2011, 11:33 PM

Thanks

I have to agree with Lynn, and Daisy. No self respecting fortuneteller/medium/reader would ever leave a client in a feeling of fear and despair. That does nothing for the person they read for other than to be scarred, worried, and or now willing to pay more money to find away to get out of that fear.

A bit of advice for you, and anyone really going to get a reading, take on board what resonates with you, if it does not discard it. Do not let it affect you on a level such as this.

Lynn
29-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Hello

The hardest one there be LIFE.

LIFE :

the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and

the (http://www.spiritualforums.com/browse/the) power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, especially metabolism, growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.

the animate existence or period of animate existence of an individual: to risk one's life; a short life and a merry one.

When one thinks of life or something being living one thinks of plants and animals I take that belief a step further in that all things are living. Why is for me quite simple it all too energy to make them so. One can feel that energy if one sits on a rock that has been baking in the Sun. Life to me in everything around us and in the universe.

We are conceived from one egg and one sperm from one man and one woman and said to be given life. That first independent breath we take in at birth also starts us down that path to that last breath we take in, in death. There truly though is no life and not death, it is just a circle that keep going around, where one comes in and one goes out transformed. For most we have lived a life many times over and our very Soul maybe even many more. We are said to die but really as we have a Spirit that is our essence of whom we were we simply leave the physical body. A transition of sorts. It is a solemn event, one’s passing and at times even seen as untimely or unfair that one has gone.

There are so many things we can do with a life, we can go though it in service to other’s and have a good feeling on that or we can wonder life in what seems like an state that leaves no knowledge of us being here. I so feel that everyone that comes forth to the Earth does leave a footprint on that Earth as one has that very marker with them of DNA. There are one’s that say I so do not matter and I so have NO ONE but that is never the case when one does leave in the body death, there is always someone there to greet one. Many times that be a person one might have only had a very brief encounter with but there was a bond formed. We are never alone and never lifeless.

The quote here is from a song translated to English, came to me from a friend in chat today

Seems fitting to the path of some lives we have lived and maybe will live.

“The truth is like a thunderstorm

while it approaches u can hear and feel it

and when it arrives it comes to destroy.”

Lynn

Lynn
29-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Hello

Here be me thoughts on Spirit.

Spirit : The Levels of Meaning

The word Spirit comes from the Latin meaning “Breath”.

What is a Spirit. Well that is the essence of a physical person that has passed from their physical body in death and found a path to the Light. They are Spirit that essence that the living person once was. They hold the memories of that person as they are a part of that person passed over. Spirits can show in physical form and come forth with messages.

Spirit too can refer to deities, those non material beings that are held in a higher place such as belief in God from a Religious standpoint. To some faiths it is even seen as totally wrong to give them any concrete form. This is a Spirit that is immortal and thought to have with them a level of consciousness but not in the human thinking process way.

In Christianity there is the Holy Spirit, and for most this would be that of the “ God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.” What is known as the Holy Trilogy. Too the Holy Spirit might well be referred to as the Holy Ghost.

From the Metaphysical viewpoint the Sprit is a non physical form of energy that is present in all things. The Spirit is separate from the Soul, the Spirit grows as a part of the physical body person. It is that essence of a person that leaves the physical body when one is said to die. The Soul is separate and is external from the person.

When one takes the path to look it up one finds a vast level of meanings.

The vital principle or animating force within living beings.

Incorporeal consciousness

This is one I totally accept in. It is that very LIFE force that is us. It is that energy that stays as US after one transcends from the body physical part of life. We do not die but we more I feel transfer from bone and blood to energy alone.

One to can think of Spirit being of one’s mood. To be in good Spirits or bad Spirits. This too carries on with us when we leave the body. If one was of good humor that part of one will come though to a Medium, to confirm whom one has. Those odd ways one might have had in the body in one’s actions too might well shine through. If one walked around in a mood of doom and gloom ( while there is healings there ) that too can show for identifications. One in Spirit is not left with the ailments one might have had in life, but they can “show” if need be.

Lynn

Lynn
29-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Hello

Here be the last one Subconscious.

Again this is just me an the thoughts I have on it.

Subconscious - Many Levels Many Meanings

There are many levels to this one word “ Subconscious” right off one’s thoughts go to that place we wonder in meditations or dreams. The other part of thinking takes me to “hidden knowledge or memories suppressed” for what ever reasons. It is that which is not consciously able to be accessed.

When we sleep we all go into that place of REM or Dream Sleep but we do not all recall what we dreamt of as it is the unconscious part of the brain that has taken over. Many times we find we wake not rested and feel unsettled. It is in this place that if we work at it we can access the knowledge there in the unconscious state of being to help us along our waking hours path or that conscious time.

When I think of the subconscious I have to think in “ Synchronicity” that level where event or people seem to come into one’s path for a specific reason. I have to so feel this happens as its meant to, the subconscious might well play a role here.

What is synchronicity ? Well its simply put patterns that repeat in time. Is there proof of this NO not as if yet. The image that comes to mind is the inner workings of a watch. It is connected to Metaphysics and to quantum physics. Too it well might be connected to our day to day lives if we look for patterns in time.

How does one see them, well at time they are people that come into our lives at that very right moment in time and may not stay past the issue we are with. To come back in again later to aid with yet another issue or maybe the same one. It can be in our travels where we come to a place we know of being but might not have ever traveled to before. Or it can be events in our life that repeat. If one is to keep a journal often when one looks back on what is written one might well see the patterns there.

One might believe in things happen for a reason, as in thing are meant to be. Meeting and interactions with other’s that make a difference in our lives are simply meant to be there positive or negative all is life lessons. If one always seem to bring in one’s to self that are not of positive nature one might look to the trigger in one’s life to that pattern and see where it can be changed. See what is in one’s life that brings that to one. If one attracts a lot of good to them in times of need see where that pattern be. If one feels that path is always walked alone again see where the patterns are there that bring that event on.

Synchronicity can often have the feelings of Deja Vu, or show in one’s dreams. What is in dreams often applies to day life but we fail to see the patterns or know the meanings. That feeling of being somewhere before can do to a dream on has had or to past lives lived.

Wolfe of Wildwood
29-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Lynn, you right a lot. It is all very well written though, I enjoy reading your posts. Pendus, don't worry about this "fortune teller's" lies, I'm sure you are fine, and the only thing you are feeling the effects of are unnesseccary fears.
love and light,
Wolfe

Perspective
29-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I have gone forth to beleif.

...I hold TRUST higher in meaning than anything even LOVe. I believe in SELF and the layers that self be, as one is the body person but to one is with a Soul that has more paths forward to go on. I have a belief that I owe that Soul the best I can offer. Good point, Lynn. :hug3:
Trust in yourself and trust that there is something out there worth working toward is so significant spiritually! It's probably even part of love!
Again, I can relate with you... about religious belief shifts.

Life is God's expression and exploration of His Self.Deep! Thanks for your input, ROM! :smile:

Lynn, Daisy, Innerlight & WolfeofWildwood - It's nice to see love in action - with how you responded to Pendus.

pendus
30-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks to Lynn, Daisy, Innerlight, WolfeofWildwood & others for ur love, kind & courage toward my situation at list i feel better than befor but can some one help me on what to do in order to abort or resist any form of war against me in the spiritual rim. B/c i am a new seeker with little or no knowledge of guide or other Celestial Protections.
In a yr back, i had this terrible shock to a stage that if i enter my office, i have a heart bit & fear of unknown and some other terrible signs but a friend took me to some where after ritual perform over there i regain my freedom.
what can i do to live up to my destiny?

Lynn
30-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Hello

The place to start is with SELF and knowing whom one is. The only war is the one that ye are willing to let in and get to ye. Call upon White Light and one's Guides for supprots but know that it is ye that leads the path one be on in life. NO one can walk in the shoes of another.

To live up to one's destiny is a personal journey one goes on, but that does not have to be taken alone. Surround one with supportive friends and stay from the negativity that ye do not want to enter.

Lynn