PDA

View Full Version : Making a pendulum

shifty123
22-04-2011, 08:29 PM
The other day or two ago I some how lost or misplaced my pendulum. Anyways instead of running all around the place looking for a place that sells pendulums. I made my own.

All I did was go to Khols and bought a relatively inexpensive womens necklace. Then I got a pair of ear rings to put on the end of the necklace. I tried it out with a body scan and a few simple questions after I programmed it a bit. The pendulum worked pretty good.

Triner
22-04-2011, 09:08 PM
That's really all it takes. If it works for you, then it's a good pendulum!

shifty123
22-04-2011, 10:40 PM
A pendulum is nothing more then a tool. However I do have high hopes for getting into rieki a little.

iolite
23-04-2011, 03:27 AM
A pendulum is nothing more then a tool. However I do have high hopes for getting into rieki a little.

Anything that dangles can be a pendulum, a necklace, key on a string, etc...

Wolf63
23-04-2011, 11:30 AM
I have a crystal pull thing bought for the ceiling fan. We changed fans and I have it with my crystals. One day I thought this could work as a pendulum. I was really surprised when I tried it. As I don't work much with pendulums. I had recently been to the beach and brought back ocean water to bath my crystals. Then I was thinking that salt water is not good for some but couldn't remember which ones. I held each in my hand and asked with the pendulum "would you like a sea bath?" Some the pendulum would start really fast with a yes or no. Some would start slowly. The ones that said no got a sun bath:color:.
So I think anything can work as a pendulum. :hug3:

norseman
23-04-2011, 12:05 PM
One of my most sensitive pendulums is a pine cone suspended on a thread.

Topaz
23-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I use an acorn suspended on a thread :)

shifty123
23-04-2011, 05:29 PM
These are all good examples of how all a pendulum is just a tool. That we use to help us understand ourselves and our own energy etc. Today like I stated in another thread that when I dodn't have m pendulum I experimented with other forms of energy manipulation "my hands".

Today I used my I want to raise my vibrations to the devine healing level. When I moved my hands similr to the fashion that my pendulum moves. I could actually feel the energy putting itelf into high gear. I'm definetly going to experiment further with this approach.

Moonangel
07-06-2011, 12:24 AM
I made a pendalum the other day... for the actual pendalum weight I used a small rose quartz wand, then threaded amethyst and rose quartz beads onto fishing wire and attached..... Its looks really pretty, but tbh, its no where near as good as a trusty old peice of crystal in a coil attached to string..

Stogey...are you refering to "the human pendalum"???

Adrienne
07-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Moonangel, your new pendulum sounds beautiful ! Aren't you a bit premature in saying " its no where near as good as a trusty old peice of crystal in a coil attached to string.. " ... give the poor pendulum a chance, lol ! It is just new to the job ! :D

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
07-06-2011, 01:38 AM
stogey ~ next time you are wanting to make a pendulum from a necklace, save yourself some money. Look for a necklace that has something like a pendant hanging from it already, then you don't have to buy earrings to go with it ! Unless your pendulum sessions are a formal occasion? :tongue:

Dream Angel xx

surrendertotheflow
07-06-2011, 01:41 AM
ya know, for some reason I picked up a pine cone yesterday and brought it inside. I am looking for some type of tool to help me learn, perhaps this is a good one for me. how does it work?

Adrienne
07-06-2011, 01:55 AM
what do you mean, how does it work ? how do you make the pinecone into a pendulum or how to use a pendulum ?

Here is a thread about a video on using pendulums http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10486

I haven't watched it yet

surrendertotheflow
07-06-2011, 01:56 AM
how to use the pendulum

Adrienne
07-06-2011, 02:02 AM
ok thanks, I can tell you what I do if you like ?

I take my pendulum and say "hello ", then holding it still, I ask it " Show me which way you will swing for a yes answer ? " and mine swings towards me and away from me. Then I ask " which way will you swing for a no answer ? " and mine swings left to right and again left to right . Then I ask " which way will you swing for a maybe answer ? " and it swings in a circle, either clockwise or counterclockwise. Then I ask , " which way will you swing if you don't know or don't want to tell me the answer ? " and it swings again in a circular motion but opposite direction of swinging for a maybe answer. And sometimes if it doesn't want to answer it doesn't swing at all.

These are how it swings for me - each person has to ask their own questions, as yours could swing in different directions for you, for your answers.

OR another way I sometimes do it for the yes/no questions. I ask a question I know the yes answer for and see what it gives me for a swing, and then I ask a definite no question and see what direction it swings in.

I hope this helps
Dream Angel xx

Moonangel
07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Dream angel, It just doesnt move as steady as my prefered pendalum, it wobbles about a bit....looks lovely though :)

Adrienne
07-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Thank you for explaining Moonangel.

surrendertotheflow
07-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the info! I will give this a try :smile:

Adrienne
08-06-2011, 12:07 AM
You are welcome surrendertotheflow, I hope it works well for you.

Dream Angel xx

Medium_Laura
08-06-2011, 01:12 AM
One of my most sensitive pendulums is a pine cone suspended on a thread.
Love it Norse! :)

eyalec
29-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I agree with Triner. What works for you is the best.

shifty123
04-07-2011, 10:25 PM
The pendulum that I made from a cheap necklace that I bought at Kohl's and a half set of earrings works just fine. I think that now that it's had a chance to get attuned to my energy. It works a little better then one I bought from a spiritual type store.

RisenPhoenix
29-07-2011, 04:15 AM
I just learned about pendulums and what they do today. A few months ago I go to this local flea market and they have a whole table full of turquoise nugget pendants. I picked up a piece feeling like I was meant to go there that day and find that piece. I had been looking for a good piece of turquoise for a while since a piece I bought years ago helped me opened up so much spiritually that it scared me and I tore it from my neck and never found it again. Well I wore this turquoise nugget around my neck for a few days. During a full moon I set it out for a moonlight bath to cleanse it and wore it some more. After weeks I failed to feel any energy from it so I was actually going to either sell it or give it away. Then today I read about the pendulums here and thought "Hey, maybe that turquoise will make a good one for me" Well I attached it to a string necklace and asked it to show me yes, no and maybe and it did. I also feel like I was able to see it's aura as I concentrated on it for answers. Cool stuff.

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 04:19 AM
hi RisenPhoenix,

I have a feeling that finding that piece of turquoise was just meant to be ! Very cool idea to make it into a pendulum ! There are some cool pendulum threads here, enjoy getting acquainted with your new pendulum !

Dream Angel xx

RisenPhoenix
29-07-2011, 04:24 AM
hi RisenPhoenix,

I have a feeling that finding that piece of turquoise was just meant to be ! Very cool idea to make it into a pendulum ! There are some cool pendulum threads here, enjoy getting acquainted with your new pendulum !

Dream Angel xx

I agree! My spiritual path is showing me there is always a reason for everything, even if it takes time for the reason to become known to me. It blows me away!

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 04:26 AM
So many amazing things happen, when you open your mind to the possibilities !

CelestialRain
29-07-2011, 04:33 AM
Usually, anything you create yourself will work best for you, yourself only, since it carries a mark of your energy as you "made" it, technically.

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 04:25 PM
yes, thank you for that thought, it makes sense with the energy part - our own energy.

CelestialRain
29-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes. Runes can be made with "blooding", or some things that involve marking the runes with a bodily fluid (blood usually, but some people use semen or mucus which can be strange lol). And it does make sense. Anything you mark or make with your own hands or body will carry on from you, this is why I recommend making your OWN divination tools. Sure, it's nice to buy tarot cards, pendulums, etc., but REAL accuracy comes from the tarot cards, pendulums, etc., that you create with your own heart and soul.

And plus, you don't want other people touching your stuff...always cleanse the object you just received before using it for more accuracy.

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 11:29 PM
oh I am not sure about that marking the runes idea, with blood or etc. Reminds me kind of, of some ritualistic sacrificial rites. :icon_eek: I understand the basic idea, but still ....

I always thought it would be fun to create my own deck of Angel cards.

CelestialRain
01-08-2011, 04:19 AM
I know, haha. It's a bit extreme to use actual physical stuff to "mark" your items with your own energy. That's what I consider extreme. To me, it's perfectly fine to just create it and leave it be, cleanse it occasionally, etc. I wouldn't do the blooding stuff :3

I just made a pendulum right now. It's on one of those silver plastic/cheap little chains you can get for under a dollar, and the main weight is a seashell that's curved to a point. I have a few pieces of gold wire wrapped around the bar/holding segment of the shell and the chain. It looks simple but pretty in my eyes. Right now it's in a black bag but I'm going to replace it with something more beach-like and sand colored, maybe silk. I'm going to create pendulums for each element: water, earth, fire, air. The one I'm speaking of is the "water" one, and after making all of those I'm going to conclude with an energy/spirit one comprised of many different gemstones.

Neat idea, huh?

oooh, and I calibrated my pendulum to: yes, no, more information, not meant to know. Yes is back and forth, no is left to right, more information goes in a circle, not meant to know goes diagonally from bottom right to top left. Within these four answers I have for levels: a simple, medium, strong, and definite "not going to change no matter what" answer. Took a long time to do all of that. The "not meant to know" comes in: knowing extremely soon, knowing sometime in the future, knowing in the far future, and never knowing, all measured by strength and distance of the swing. I'm quite happy with it. :D

Adrienne
01-08-2011, 04:29 AM
That's what I consider extreme. To me, it's perfectly fine to just create it and leave it be, cleanse it occasionally, etc. I wouldn't do the blooding stuff :3

That's good to know ! :D

Your seashell pendulum sounds lovely ! Cool idea to create a pendulum for each element. I will be interested to hear what you do for your other pendulums.

Unusual choices in your calibration of the pendulum, unusual in the fact that I haven't heard of the more information one.
My yes is back and forth, my no is same as yours left to right, maybe is circular and not meant to know is also circular ... one goes clockwise the other counterclockwise and this changes. If it just doesn't want to answer at all, it doesn't move !

Within these four answers I have for levels: a simple, medium, strong, and definite "not going to change no matter what" answer. Took a long time to do all of that. The "not meant to know" comes in: knowing extremely soon, knowing sometime in the future, knowing in the far future, and never knowing, all measured by strength and distance of the swing. I'm quite happy with it. :D

wow, you do a complete job when calibrating your pendulum, right down to the levels of the swings ! I get a mild, slow swing and a definite, very fast swing.

I am happy that you are happy ! :D

Medium_Laura
01-08-2011, 01:48 PM
To clear your pendulum while in use you can do this.

Swing it in a circle (opposite from a circle if it means a yes/no answer for you)

For me counterclockwise is my clearing signal. To set this signal, spin it counterclockwise and say. This is my sign for clearing.

Now still your pendulum and ask it to show you your clearing sign. It should repeat the swing you just taught it :)

CelestialRain
02-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Oh my gosh...that's a brilliant idea!!! I'll be sure to try it! Thank you medium Laura :D You always help at the right moments.

Medium_Laura
02-08-2011, 02:35 AM
I do what I can :)

CelestialRain
03-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Thanks again :) Just keep doing what you do because it really helps me, and if it really helps me, then it must help others 1000x more.

Medium_Laura
03-08-2011, 01:09 AM
:) so cute! :)

xXHauntedxLadyXx
21-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Hey, everyone

Great thread, great posts, these advices helped me greatly, so I made my own pendulum, and I just finished it. I used some beads and a ring with a moonstone attached, and I wanted to show you how it turned out :D

What do you think?

xXHauntedxLadyXx
21-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey, everyone

Great thread, great posts, these advices helped me greatly, so I made my own pendulum, and I just finished it. I used some beads and a ring with a moonstone attached, and I wanted to show you how it turned out :D

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=807&stc=1&d=1313922579
What do you think?

Later edit: Sorry for posting twice, didn't mean to

BigJohn
29-09-2018, 02:13 AM
I have given classes on using pendulums..... everyone got a pendulum.... a teabag. Now I wonder if anybody went home and used their pendulum to make tea.