PDA

View Full Version : Grinding to a halt...very low feelings!

Glowstone
21-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Hello everyone...

For the las year or so , or maybe before this im not sure, I feel as if my spiritual development has come to a grinding halt.

I have recently suffered alot of depressive feelings, low self worth and general anxiety and Im worried that Im becoming or have become lost.

I dont know how to go forward, I have tried many things to help myself but nothing seems to be working...I am wondering if this is all part of acension energy or something??

Alot of people are talking about raising their energy and frequency...but in the state ive been in...i have trouble getting out of bed in the morning:icon_frown:

Any thoughts?

Glowstone

ROM
21-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Low thoughts/emotions will attract low vibrations. So turn those low vibrations around and start attracting high one's. Wallowing in self-pity will do you no good, so start changing your mindset. Just look past whatever you're depressed about and re-direct that energy towards good things.

themaster
21-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Maybe.. before you weren't "spiritually developing"?? maybe now is the time you’re really developing..??

I heard our teacher "kuthumi" I believe say to my teacher Jim Self.. you can't always enable "goody-good" feelings in your students.. I know you want that.. but sometimes it's not like that..

Which reminds me at his ma10 class.. his last mid-session ever.. I did not have goody-good feelings.. the only time ever for me in his classes :D

The reason I didn't feel good was explained later.. the angels didn't come to the party/room and we were EXPECTED to hold our own energy.. which made that class suck for me.. cause obviously I missed the angels :D I mean *cough* energy :D

Well anyway.. maybe you should try a reading or something.. you are in charge of your "ascension", take charge..

It's not your job too.. GROW per say.. it's your job to follow your excitement.. those good feelings.. why have you lost touch with them?

Is really the question you are asking.. in this time right now and going on for a while.. people are going to find themselves in LULS so they can re-orientate towards those feelings.. maybe your just in a LUL until you can be re-orientated.. a reader or reading might help you out more on that..

If I were you.. I would just say I'm in a lul.. and things are gonna pick back up soon.. hell, that's what I do in luls.. and I flow in and out of them all the time :D

TheReason
21-04-2011, 07:18 AM
You are an amazing spiritual being. You need to pick yourself up because so many others need you! You are here to be a spiritual teacher, to spread light around to those that need your guidance. All of this that you are going through now will help you to relate with those that are going through the same things. So now is the time to get up, pull yourself back together and start living again.

Everyone has their rough patches on their spiritual journeys, it's all apart of the process. Push away the ego, because the ego is dragging you down. Pull out your spiritual self, your higher self and raise your vibrations. Fill your life with positive things. Every morning start thinking positive thoughts about the day, and surround yourself with white light energy. As soon as you start raising your vibrations positive things will start happening for you. It's not easy at first, but it becomes easier and easier - and before you know it, your ego self is gone and you are living in your higher being. Fill your mind with positive affirmations throughout the day, and make it a habit.

You are a wonderful spirit, don't let the ego win. Spread your amazing light and love all around you!

Love & Light

in progress
21-04-2011, 07:28 AM
I think I know how you feel Glowstone. It hasn't been a year for me but I've been feeling down in the dumps more than usual lately concerning the journey. I've been hoping it's a good sign. I think it's normal (fingers crossed). Just allow yourself to have the feelings. I've gotten some strong signals that change is in the air so if something wonderful happens I'll let you know!

I think I'd just use one affirmation if that appeals to you and that is, "I love myself. I am whole and perfect."

Gerryh
21-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Dear Glowstone
In order to benefit people spiritually it helps a great deal when you have suffered from the same problems that they battle with.This way from experience of it one grows.Just keep moving forwards one tiny little step at a time and then you will be able to say I am moving out of the doldrums.What are you passionate about in life?There lies a key to helping you.
Best wishes Gerry

psychoslice
21-04-2011, 08:24 AM
The best thing to remember is that you don't have to do anything to be spiritual, you already are, you don't have to go looking for it, your already there, just relax and feel from within the underflow of pure Being, of pure Essence, this Essence is your true SELF, its just there under all of your confusion, just get acquainted with this inner flow, forget about all outer so called spiritual techniques, the ego loves playing with these toys because these toys keep it on the path, but why follow the path when you are already there. Relax, be still and know that you are there.

Saggi
21-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Maybe.. before you weren't "spiritually developing"?? maybe now is the time you’re really developing..??

I agree with this!

I wonder why we find it so hard at the time when we would be shining our brightest tho. If we shine and light is reflected back to us, why is it such a hard time and can be considered the darkest time?

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

OceanWaves19161
21-04-2011, 08:47 AM
I get one word...ascension...your growing without realizing it

star-child
21-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Even before reading the OP I thought ascension. We are all changing and growing and change can be painful. I'm seeing it all around me, or maybe I'm just noticing it more.

IMO live the feelings to their fullest, journal them, meditate upon them or whatever you feel will benefit you. Also make a list of all the things you love to do and make sure you are doing them daily, even down to the littlest thing like having a herbal tea. Because whatever makes your heart sing and makes you feel good will raise your vibration but you also need to get rid of the old junk to raise it too.

Emmalevine
21-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Hello everyone...

For the las year or so , or maybe before this im not sure, I feel as if my spiritual development has come to a grinding halt.

I have recently suffered alot of depressive feelings, low self worth and general anxiety and Im worried that Im becoming or have become lost.

I dont know how to go forward, I have tried many things to help myself but nothing seems to be working...I am wondering if this is all part of acension energy or something??

Alot of people are talking about raising their energy and frequency...but in the state ive been in...i have trouble getting out of bed in the morning:icon_frown:

Any thoughts?

Glowstone

I've found that my periods of darkest depression have been the greatest teachers along my spiritual journey. No one can be happy all the time in my opinion, regardless of what some spiritual teachers may claim. Periods of sadness and introspection are part of being alive and indeed are reflected in the changing seasons of nature. It's not nice feeling lost in depression and grief but these times pave the way for growth and joy. Maybe those sad feelings are coming to the surface now to be dealt with and released. It's an ongoing process and doesn't mean you have lost your spirituality; as Slice said, we ARE spiritual no matter how lost, depressed and negative we feel.

Miss Hepburn
21-04-2011, 09:46 AM
... I feel as if my spiritual development has come to a grinding halt.

I have recently suffered alot of depressive feelings,
low self worth
and general anxiety...
... I'm worried

I dont know how to go forward, I have tried many things to help myself but nothing seems to be working...
...i have trouble getting out of bed in the morning:icon_frown:

Any thoughts?

Thoughts?

Only that it sounded like me years ago ---then
my friends had an intervention because I wasn't "me" anymore.
(Friends of many years.)

I got on an anti-depressant for 6 months.
I guess my brain chemistry got screwy.

Now, all is fine still 14 years later.

Hormones, age, Saturn Cycle, who knows?

Depression is like a pit - it has no rhyme or reason.
Your symptoms are not your everyday simple blues, are they?
Not as I read them or a therapist would read them, imo.

Just like a stomach gets imbalanced and may need a temporary antacid.
Sometimes the brain needs a little help temporarily, imo.

This too will pass, I hope for you...best wishes, brother.

Even simple St. John's Wort taken everyday and in 3 weeks see the difference!
Voila - couldn't hurt to try.
:hug2: Miss Hepburn

bbr
21-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I am wondering if this is all part of acension energy or something??Honestly Gladstone, those are the symtoms of depression. It's a real and very treatable ailment. I fought a decade-long battle with depression. After discovering what the problem was, I tried anti-depression drugs for a few weeks. That didn't work for me, so I went in a holistic direction with my healing. That takes much longer, but one gets to the core issues of the problems, rather than simply covering up the symptoms with drugs.

Topaz
21-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes it is depression but it's also the dark shadows of yourself coming to light .
I have had trouble too getting up in the mornings xx

Here is a lovely link which explains what is going on regarding spirit http://www.thespiritguides.co.uk/Article_Living_Your_Dream_The_Light_The_Dark__Choi ce__7581.aspx

bbr
21-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Yes it is depression but it's also the dark shadows of yourself coming to light .Yes Topaz, that's correct. That's what depression and the healing process is really all about.

Topaz
21-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Yes Topaz, that's correct. That's what depression and the healing process is really is all about.I know release release :hug3:xx

zipzip
21-04-2011, 09:55 PM
The best thing to remember is that you don't have to do anything to be spiritual, you already are, you don't have to go looking for it, your already there, just relax and feel from within the underflow of pure Being, of pure Essence, this Essence is your true SELF, its just there under all of your confusion, just get acquainted with this inner flow, forget about all outer so called spiritual techniques, the ego loves playing with these toys because these toys keep it on the path, but why follow the path when you are already there. Relax, be still and know that you are there.

I agree with Mr Slice,

you don't have to "do" anything. Relax, enjoy Life, and listen to your inner being.

However, I can understand feeling like your spiritual path is off and don't know where to turn and get answers. It's very hard. This forum is for talking and getting answers. But you will find as you go along, that the more you "let go" the more things will come to you. You will start to find that you will figure small things out on your own. And you will carry those little "lessons" (I don't really like that word but you know what I mean) with you and pieces start to come together.

It does get easier....good luck

:hug3:

zipzip

soulwholeness
22-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Sounds like you've got some good, strong contrast going on there which is a positive thing. Now you know what you don't want it's easier to move towards what you do want. Little baby steps Glowstone and don't be hard on yourself. Remember to feel gratitude and happiness for the things in your life because all is well, everything is happening the way it's supposed to. Take time to do things that make you smile, if that feels like too big a step then do the things that don't make you feel upset. You are always connected to source, you are always surrounded by love and support. You are a spiritual being having a very human experience.

Glowstone
23-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Thank you everyone for your wise and heartfelt feedback!

Love to you all x