PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference...

nightowl
20-04-2011, 01:53 AM
...between demons and negative energy? Is the main difference that people believe they come from different places? Those of certain faiths believe in fallen angels, are they demons? Others believe in positive and negative energy, so where does the negative energy come from? Are they one in the same or just explained or analyzed differently? The same but presented in different constructs...?? Just wondering...:smile:

nightowl

surrendertotheflow
20-04-2011, 01:55 AM
I just posted this tonight, but it seems to fit with what you are asking for, so here is my take on it:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XNix8fRZvFA/Ta4t6TB6e-I/AAAAAAAAABg/dGIictrEulU/s320/flower_mud.jpg

If we didn't have negative energy, how would we define positive energy, and vice versa? They need each other, therefore they are one in the same

:color: Namaste

nightowl
20-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Thanks surrendertotheflow,
I understand the idea that we need both and tend to agree with it. I just would like to know a little more about why one calls it a demon and another calls it negative energy...:wink:

AngelBreeze
20-04-2011, 03:00 AM
...between demons and negative energy? Is the main difference that people believe they come from different places? Those of certain faiths believe in fallen angels, are they demons? Others believe in positive and negative energy, so where does the negative energy come from? Are they one in the same or just explained or analyzed differently? The same but presented in different constructs...?? Just wondering...:smile:

nightowl

Warm greetings, nightowl!

Positive energy and negative energy are certainly not one and the same. If you don't believe that put it to the test. Try to use negative energy to effect a spiritual healing or to uplift yourself from a negative state of being and see if you are successful. You certainly would not be. But when you use Positive energy, you therefore attract that which is Positive due to the Law of Similarity or like attracts like.

Negative energy comes from a source that is absent of that which is Positive or of the Light. There are some who use the formula of "Yang" and "Yin" energy (Positive and negative, respectively) therefore, a Positive or negative energy approach or the polarization of energy. We see many examples of that each and every day. The Positive is a wonderful healing force that attracts Love and Light. The negative, being absent of Light and of Love cannot attract anything but negative to it again due to the Law of Similarity. Also, an angel would be identified as being Light or filled with that which is Positive. While a demon would identify with the darkness or that which is negative.

As to "fallen angels", yes, they were once angels of God but were cast out of Heaven by God as was Lucifer (who wanted to be like God and have His power) since they preferred to follow Lucifer. Therefore, they became demons since they could not remain in their present state of Light as angels of the LORD. They then became the antithesis of all that is good and follow and serve Satan. It is said that when Lucifer was cast out of Heaven millions upon millions of other angels fell with him also by using their free will to defect. They all became demons once being out of the purity and holiness of God's kingdom of Light.

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."-- MATTHEW 28: 19-20 (KJV)

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." -- II JOHN 9 (KJV)

nightowl
20-04-2011, 03:10 AM
Angelbreeze
Thanks for sharing your view. I didn't mean that positive and negative energies were the same. What I meant was are demons and negative energy the same. So you believe the demons and negative energy are the same? Do you believe all negative energy comes from demons?

Sangress
20-04-2011, 03:24 AM
I see both negative energy and demons as a concept, a steryotype, a perspective and verging on spiritual racism depending on how those two words are used.

I believe that the real negative energy is just energy that affects people badly, energy that people don't like.

I don't believe any energy itself (or any being or object) is truly bad or negative.

Some spirits call themselves demons for their own reasons, but I have never seen, heard of or remember anything about any kind of spirit who is part of a race that is called demons.

In the end its just a label and steryotype.

Demon, to most people, means a bad spirit who is dangerious.

To me it mean a spirit who someone dislikes and chooses to label as being bad and dangerious because they are ignorant and unwilling to accept the spirit as it is or come to a compromise.

So, to me, demons and negative energy are one the same page, they are both seen to be something that is completely bad and dangerious.

Of course, both concepts in my eyes at least, are outragously romanticised, steeped in spiritual racism and are amazingly false and inaccurate and used for self serving and often dangerious purposes.

So yeh, theres my opinion.

Some people say that demons are negative energy personofied, which could be true to them.

Or it could mean that they associate negative energy with demons, which autimatically makes the demon made from negative energy to their minds.

I've also heard people talk about negative energy as another person having ill will toward another (which to me would simply be someone elses behaviour) and the emotion felt in response to that could be considered a "demon" because it makes people scared.

There are so many vague ideas about what a demon actually is, and what negative energy actually is. I think the best thing is to make up your own mind about it or you get lost in all the theories and conflicting ideas.

Triner
20-04-2011, 03:40 AM

I think that demons are just personifications, or faces, that we put on negative energy. I think we, as humans, deal more easily with things that we can put a face on. We find it harder to deal with conceptual things. Instead of praying to the Infinite Love, the Universal Conscousness, the All, many find it better if we personify it as God. Instead of 'the spirit of the earth', we may personify it as Gaia.

In this case, instead of just calling it various types of negative energy, we call it 'demons'.

That's my view.

nightowl
20-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Hey Sangress,
Thanks for your response you explain your position well :smile:

I ask this question just to see what others believe. I pretty much know what I believe. One of the points about demons or the devil concept that erks me is when some use demons or devils as an excuse for behavior or even use it as an excuse to avoid certain people or situations. :wink:

nightowl
20-04-2011, 03:44 AM
I think that demons are just personifications, or faces, that we put on negative energy. I think we, as humans, deal more easily with things that we can put a face on. We find it harder to deal with conceptual things. Instead of praying to the Infinite Love, the Universal Conscousness, the All, many find it better if we personify it as God. Instead of 'the spirit of the earth', we may personify it as Gaia.

In this case, instead of just calling it various types of negative energy, we call it 'demons'.

That's my view.

You are right and I agree. We do not deal well with the unseen and usually need to afix an image to it. :smile:

AngelBreeze
20-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Angelbreeze
Thanks for sharing your view. I didn't mean that positive and negative energies were the same. What I meant was are demons and negative energy the same. So you believe the demons and negative energy are the same? Do you believe all negative energy comes from demons?

You're quite welcome, Nightowl! Yes, I definitely believe demons and negative energy work within the same parameters. As to whether all negative energy comes from demons, I would say that a great majority certainly would due to the fact that it is the negative that we are talking about which is part of a demon's general makeup and demons are always 'opportunistic' such as to be around mankind for the purpose of temptation. But people can also initiate negative energy and use it out of their own free will that may not be coming from demons but from themselves. In that case, the individual would be held accountable for their actions rather than trying to pass the blame for their evil entirely on demons. But, then there is a catch here.

When someone does something that is inherently bad, evil that is, there are very good possibilities that a demon could also be involved insomuch as we know there are demons of murder, of gluttony, of lust, of sexuality, of laziness, of pride, of deception, etc. etc. There are just about as many demons for particular evil matters as there are demons who were cast out of Heaven by God. They each appear to have taken their place in the demoniacal hierarchy by specializing in one form of evil or another.

Therefore, since man is less than perfect, he can either use his free will to do evil, or become susceptible to the negative energies of demons around him that could cause man to do bad things and evil deeds.

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."-- MATTHEW 28: 19-20 (KJV)

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." -- II JOHN 9 (KJV)

ROM
20-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Negative energy/demons are usually projections of men's thoughts. They're not alive, but they feed off our emotions.

nightowl
20-04-2011, 04:09 AM
:smile: thanks ROM emotions do play havoc with what we do don't they! A good deal of negative energy is churned up when are emotions fuel the flames.

psychoslice
20-04-2011, 04:10 AM
I think that energy is energy, like clay is clay, its what we do with that energy that makes the difference.

nightowl
20-04-2011, 04:13 AM
owww, I like that analogy psychoslice, we can actually mold it into something...:icon_eek: :wink: I know I sure would like to mold some negative like snowballs and chuck them sometimes :D but...

agiosotheos
20-04-2011, 05:23 AM
One major difference is that a demon is an actual entity.

agiosotheos
20-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Could you explain exactly what sort of negativity you are talking about? Is it the same as evil?

nightowl
20-04-2011, 05:30 AM
Could you explain exactly what sort of negativity you are talking about? Is it the same as evil?

Well evil is basically seen as all the different forms of bad "things", bad behaviors and such that typically end up causing harm.

You see demons as actual beings? So where do you believe they come from?

ROM
20-04-2011, 05:42 AM
I believe there are beings that work for the 'dark side', whether they're conscious or not I can't say.

agiosotheos
20-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Well evil is basically seen as all the different forms of bad "things", bad behaviors and such that typically end up causing harm.

And is that the same thing as what you mean by "negativity"?

You see demons as actual beings?

Yeah. If we take the depiction of demons in the Gospels (which I'm inclined to believe), we can see from Jesus' conversations with them that at the very least they are beings/entities and intelligent enough to have conversations with at that.

So where do you believe they come from?

I believe the "fallen angels" idea.

psychoslice
20-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Demons don't exists in my world, never have never will, I just don't give this negative energy form.

Triner
20-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I think that energy is energy, like clay is clay, its what we do with that energy that makes the difference.

Demons don't exists in my world, never have never will, I just don't give this negative energy form.

I agree completely. We create our own reality. If we believe in all of the negativity taught to us, we give it reality. There are those that are taught they we are inherently bad, sinners, or whatever and that evil/Satan is everywhere and is out to get us. Guess what those people create for themselves?

Focus on Love, & Joy, & Happiness, and God who is in all of us. Guess what you will then be surrounded by?

zipzip
20-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't believe in dark forces. No such thing in the world of zipzip. lol. I don't give it another thought.

Focus on things that make you feel good.

zipzip

nightowl
20-04-2011, 10:19 PM
And is that the same thing as what you mean by "negativity"?

Yeah. If we take the depiction of demons in the Gospels (which I'm inclined to believe), we can see from Jesus' conversations with them that at the very least they are beings/entities and intelligent enough to have conversations with at that.

I believe the "fallen angels" idea.

Let see if I can explain how I see it...

God is the creator of all, that means the energy produced by God is in contact with all of creation. Negative energy/evil is a distortion or perversion of that energy.

As for entities, well I don't think they are fallen angels I think that sometimes people are drawn to do negative things and this energy can carry over with them into the spirit as negative energy. So in essence both positive and negative energy exist and I think maybe man can create an image for it to embody, which in most cases comes from a place of fear i.e. a demon, fallen angel, evil spirits and so on. I don't have all the details worked out as to what exactly I believe but it is unfolding and this thread is a great way of investigating others views...it has been interesting so far...:D

athribiristan
21-04-2011, 01:43 PM

nightowl

I think it is two different ways to talk about the same thing. The biggest difference potentially between the two is that people tend to attribute some form of intelligence to demons. My experience has caused me to doubt that though, I think they are more like a very persistent thought patterns (or negative energy).

Sangress
21-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Hmm. I've been called a demon more times than not by spirits and people...and I'm not a dark malviolent deathly creature at all...I just happen to thrive on energy that everyone else dislikes and reacts unpleasantly to (negative energy)...which I'd rather think isn't a demonic thing at all, because that would be ridiculious.

I'm pretty set on the idea that its just a steryotype (like emo or nerd or jock) rather than a species or race of spirits/people.

I think if it was a race, and if I'm a "demon" then I'd certainly be able to find someone that is vaguely similar to me somewhere (spirit or otherwise)....which I haven't ever come minutely close to discovering because I'm just as unique as everyone else, not part of a spiritual race or what-not.

Anyhow, I was originally going to write here -

The word Daemon, which is the latin translation of Demon (correct me if I'm wrong) originally meant "Spirit"...not evil or negative...etc. The word only gained those negative connotations through the church....just some food for thought.

So, by that logic, the word demon was originally not connected to anything negative at all and it's probably still that way regardless of what everyone thinks or not.

Concepts don't change, only people change their meanings to suit their own self serving purposes.

billyjean11
30-04-2011, 04:47 AM
dont believe in demons

blackraven
04-05-2011, 01:35 AM

nightowl

I believe a demon can exist in and of itself without the fueling of an external energy. Though external dark and negative energy definitely can intensify it's energy. Just my opinion. I have had personal and family experiences that negative behavior (outlook, attitudes, practices) can create negative energy such as poltergeist activity. At times my family felt as though we were in fact being demonized, but we weren't. It was more than likely something of our own makings. I believe the negative energy sits in its smallest form like a strand of DNA, just as positive energy waiting to be fed so it can grow. It all depends on what type of fuel is being created as to what is drawn out. At one point in time a psychic told me the 4 voices I heard in my attic that spoke in different languages were there because my attic was a vortex to the spirit world. (I don't want this to turn into my haunted house thread.) Let's just say at that particular time in my life I was dealing with a tremendous amount of anger and rage, even hatred. I was in a very bad place and lots of bad energy was entering my home and harassing my family too. Today I keep my mind focused on positiveness and stay thankful for what I've been given in life. I don't want any negative energy to return in my life. I'm here to tell you it can manifest into something very real. So when people tell me such things don't exist I just say to myself, good for you that you haven't experienced anything to make you think so. When you focus on love and goodness in the world, nothing else can get in. :hug3:

Blackraven

nightowl
04-05-2011, 01:54 AM
I believe a demon can exist in and of itself without the fueling of an external energy. Though external dark and negative energy definitely can intensify it's energy. Just my opnion (please no back lashes). I have had personal and family experiences that negative behavior (outlook, attitudes, practices) can create negative energy such as poltergeist activity. At times my family felt as though we were in fact being demonized, but we weren't. It was more than likely something of our own makings. I believe the negative energy sits in its smallest form like a strand of DNA, just as positive energy waiting to be fed so it can grow. It all depends on what type of fuel is being created as to what is drawn out. At one point in time a psychic told me the 4 voices I heard in my attic that spoke in different languages were there because my attic was a vortex to the spirit world. (I don't want this to turn into my haunted house thread.) Let's just say at that particular time in my life I was dealing with a tremendous amount of anger and rage, even hatred. I was in a very bad place and lots of bad energy was entering my home and harassing my family too. Today I keep my mind focused on positiveness and stay thankful for what I've been given in life. I don't want any negative energy to return in my life. Because I'm here to tell you it can manifest into something very real. So when people tell me such things don't exist I just say to myself, good for you that you haven't experienced anything to make you think so. When you focus on love and goodness in the world, nothing else can get in. :hug3:

Blackraven

Thanks Blackraven for sharing this perspective. I think sometimes we forget in all our discussions just how real and personal some of this stuff can be. Issues can look very different from an intimate perspective such as you have described. How things manifest and where they come from, well I don't believe we can ever have a definitive answer, just because there are so many variables that are involved in how they form and manifest. I do agree with the point you make about remembering where your focus is and how they effect the sphere in which you operate. If energy operates on being attracted or attached to what it needs to continue, to feed off of, then what you have shared certainly speaks to this point of view. Experience to me speaks volumes! :hug3: