PDA

View Full Version : A Religion Other than My Own

Jake Chess
19-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Hey there, I am Jake Chess, I am a spiritual person, but I have no religion that I follow or deem truthful. Currently I am in college and for my Worlds religion class I need to speak with a person that is a regular practitioner of a different religion than my own.

I chose Hinduism because it seemed like a very tranquil and profound religion. If anyone would like, I have some questions I'd like to ask:

In your own beliefs -

1. What makes Hinduism the most profound? Is it a ritual, an idea, or history of it?

2. How does Hinduism affect your daily lifestyle?

3. Is there a thought within Hinduism which everyone can learn from or is a universal lesson?

4. As a follower of Hinduism how do you feel about other systems of beliefs?

5. What is the best way for a new person who wishes to become immersed in Hinduism to do so?

Thank you for your time and response. I may have more questions later on, but for now these will do. ^^

agiosotheos
20-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Very good questions! I'm interested in hearing responses as well.

psychoslice
20-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Yes I think that Hinduism can be a great stepping stone, but just don't make camp there, move on to discovering your true inner SELF, and be the Krishna that you are.

iksvakave
23-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Hey there, I am Jake Chess, I am a spiritual person, but I have no religion that I follow or deem truthful. Currently I am in college and for my Worlds religion class I need to speak with a person that is a regular practitioner of a different religion than my own.

I chose Hinduism because it seemed like a very tranquil and profound religion. If anyone would like, I have some questions I'd like to ask:

In your own beliefs -

1. What makes Hinduism the most profound? Is it a ritual, an idea, or history of it?

It's Dharma

It is principal, discipline and practice.
*I don't do any of these by the way*

3. Is there a thought within Hinduism which everyone can learn from or is a universal lesson?
Is there a thought from hinduisum ---- The universal lessons.

There are number of ways to follow hindusim. Deity worship and alankar is the main system.

*Sad to say that but I found that to be true*

5. What is the best way for a new person who wishes to become immersed in Hinduism to do so?

Do namaste -------

Thank you for your time and response. I may have more questions later on, but for now these will do. ^^

I hope it was helpful! :)

Iksvakave

iksvakave
23-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Yes I think that Hinduism can be a great stepping stone, but just don't make camp there, move on to discovering your true inner SELF, and be the Krishna that you are.

What do you mean by "be the krishna you are"

iksvakave
23-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jake Chess

In your own beliefs -

It's Dharma

It is principal, discipline and practice.
*I don't do any of these by the way*

Is there a thought from hinduisum ---- The universal lessons.

There are number of ways to follow hindusim. Deity worship and alankar is the main system.

*Sad to say that but I found that to be true*

Do namaste -------

Jake Chess
24-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Thank you, this was all very helpful, I'll be posting more questions soon. Thanks again!