PDA

View Full Version : Edgar allen poe

Makoorakoo
06-11-2006, 10:59 PM
hi all,

"deep into the darkness peering, long i stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting"- Edgar Allen Poe

now this quote i find interesting because it tells me that some people will look into the darkness curious of whats inside, fearing whats inside and doubting their own thoughts or beliefs. Perhaps it could be linked with meditation as one friend of mine when they first meditated felt fear and doubt during his meditation but he wanted to grow spiritually more.

what do you think about this quote?

love and blessings from martyn

Lapis
07-11-2006, 12:26 AM
I'd always been drawn to Poe and what he wrote about. Then I learned that his birthday and mine are on the same day and I understood a bit more about his sort of dark or heavy side and why I could relate.

I think peering into the 'dark' is something we all have to do many times, but some are a bit more comfortable standing there pondering it than others. Maybe its just a Capricorn/Saturn thing? Personally it's taught me much and I won't go there unless I know I can return with a handful of precious gems I've collected while down there! :wink:

daisy
07-11-2006, 12:29 AM
hi all,

"deep into the darkness peering, long i stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting"- Edgar Allen Poe

love and blessings from martyn

was he a medium by any chance and yes i am being serious!

Makoorakoo
07-11-2006, 08:50 AM
was he a medium by any chance and yes i am being serious!

thats a good question i might look into that when i get home from school :). He seems like he may have mediumistic characteristics and his writings always had that "original" feel to them, perhaps from first hand sensing.

and lapis very interesting that you "relate" to poe the dark can be an interesting part to explore

daisy
07-11-2006, 08:53 AM
that line you quoted sounds like the journey into mediumship, that's why i asked