PDA

View Full Version : how to tell what types of gems or crystals are right for me

surrendertotheflow
15-04-2011, 11:47 PM
as I progress spiritually, I have become more and more interested in crystals and gems, and the beautiful powers they possess. my only question is, how do i know which are right for me? I want to have them to hold when I meditate, to invite positive energies into my house, what are some of the ways you use these?

a little about me so you can possibly help me decipher which crystals and gems are right for me:

I am a 23 year old female, born feb. 15.
I have always been fascinated with the color purple and amethyst because of my birth month, and being an aquarius. I also value Chinese astrology and have always loved being born in the year of the dragon, but upon further research, I discovered the year of the dragon started on february 16th (i came so close!! lol) and the year that ended on my birthday was of the rabbit. I feel like I possess many traits from both years. but i suppose that is getting off the subject :)

ok, thanks for any advice in advance
Peace, Love, Light :hug3:

nightowl
16-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Well there are many ways to learn about them and how they work. There is a great deal of info on the web and on SF about them. What kind of energy are you looking to add or enhance in your life? Very often when you go to a shop and see them or handle them they will "speak to you", you will feel a connection. The amethyst is a lovely stone and was the first I bought. For me I have found the strongest connection to my blue calcite it is what I believe to be my power stone. Just take time to read and research and handle them if you can and see which ones fit you. Not all stones work the same for everyone, though there are certain stones that have specific qualities and properties. Have fun looking and experiencing. There are many on here who are more knowledgeable about stones then myself so I am sure you will get many more responses to your question. Would love to hear how you make out...:hug3:

nightowl

surrendertotheflow
16-04-2011, 12:54 AM
thanks for the advice!! do you or anyone else know of any good websites I could find some info on? I searched google, but found a lot of shops, and I don't want advertisement information lol

nightowl
16-04-2011, 01:02 AM
thanks for the advice!! do you or anyone else know of any good websites I could find some info on? I searched google, but found a lot of shops, and I don't want advertisement information lol

I don't have a particular one I go to all the time. I do like this one, even though they also sell stones they present photos and metaphysical properties of the stones.

http://crystal-cure.com/calcite-blue.html

There is a book that people on SF recommend I believe :rolleyes: the title is The Book of Stones???... :smile:

surrendertotheflow
16-04-2011, 01:09 AM
awesome! i will check it out now, thank you!! :hug3:

Moonkestrel
16-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Yep - The Book of stones is an AWESOME book on crystals - my all time favourite book!

Only you can know which crystals are right for you - you may get emotional or physical reactions of them when you see or hold them...I burst into tears just by looking at a picture of a certain crystal once. Once you see/touch the crystal that's right for you, you will know without a doubt. Just trust your own instincts and see what happens. Lots of luck!

zackw419
20-04-2011, 09:16 PM
It doesn't matter when you were born or what other peoples suggestions are..suggestions can help point you to crystals that have resonated well with other people but no advice online will tell you what crystal is right for you. Although you can connect with crystals online you usually don't know if that's the one your going to get so I HIGHLY suggest shopping for one in person, and most important take your time. Don't let aesthetics get in the way to much its nice to have a pretty crystal but Its nicer to have one that is compatible with your energy. Desire is prayer, make sure you walk in that store with clear intention and you will find the right crystal for you. Also, the same type of crystals don't always vibrate the same, like all citrines won't feel the same to you so make sure you hold different ones of the same type to see what feels best.

surrendertotheflow
20-04-2011, 09:44 PM
It doesn't matter when you were born or what other peoples suggestions are..suggestions can help point you to crystals that have resonated well with other people but no advice online will tell you what crystal is right for you. Although you can connect with crystals online you usually don't know if that's the one your going to get so I HIGHLY suggest shopping for one in person, and most important take your time. Don't let aesthetics get in the way to much its nice to have a pretty crystal but Its nicer to have one that is compatible with your energy. Desire is prayer, make sure you walk in that store with clear intention and you will find the right crystal for you. Also, the same type of crystals don't always vibrate the same, like all citrines won't feel the same to you so make sure you hold different ones of the same type to see what feels best.

Yeah, I had posted another thread asking if people buy them online or in person, and I searched a couple of online sites, but nothing really stuck. I just have to figure out where the nearest places are that sell them!! So far I've come up empty :angry2: lol

purple_orbs
21-04-2011, 11:59 AM
When it comes to selecting crystals, I always find to follow your gut instinct. What color and type of stone are you drawn to? I know at various times in my life - certain stones have just called out to me and I selected them based on how I felt inside. Sometimes when you hold one, close your eyes and just breathe - you can feel their energy. Certain ones create such a peaceful feeling inside of me and others are just to powerful and they tend to overwhelm me and I almost feel nauseous. Finding out a stones metaphysical properties is a wonderful too also, especially if you are looking for a particular chakra or emotion to help heal.

Crystals are such a beautiful gift and I cherish mine and believe me, I have Many! Best of luck to you on your journey and selection.

venusgal
12-07-2011, 12:05 AM
So I learned about reprogramming and 'cleansing' your crystal to get rid of old energy. I did it through meditation and picturing the white light cleaning it. Within a minute or two, my head started spinning and I got really nauseous, up to a point I felt really sick. That was weird. I put the crystal away and felt better but when I hold it back, it gave me the feeling again. Too intense!

I have a clear quartz, rose quartz, black tourmaline and a tibetan black quartz. I owned the first three several weeks already, no negative reaction but I got the the tibetan black quartz 2 days ago.

Does anybody know why that happen? :angel8:

Spiritlite
12-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Trust your gut and choose what feels right for u energetically you have received some excellent advice here. Good luck and have fun