PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else scared of the afterlife

lillyj
14-04-2011, 10:13 PM
i have studied near death experiences and they are fasinating but still they are all so different it still the unknown that your entering when you die and i would love to believe you are held and guided and that everything that happens to you in this life and beyond is for your highest good but i dont trust that i have a hard time trusting anything!
i think there are dark forces as well as good how can you be sure nothing bad will happen does anyone else worry like i do? after all no one really knows anything do we ?
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife state

angelleem
14-04-2011, 10:19 PM
When I was a child I had many sleepless nights worrying about death, about my family dying and would we ever see each other again, now I just know it is the natural order and without seeming to morbid I'm excited when the time is right of course, its the next adventure, I think it something you may come to be at peace with over time :)

JM80
15-04-2011, 12:05 AM
I think most people are scared of the afterlife as most peoples fears are based on the unknown. I am not scared of the afterlife, I am anxious. Either way there is not much we can do about it. Just keep trying to learn and understand as much as you can :)

earthprowler
15-04-2011, 12:19 AM
i can't wait to blow this Popsicle stand and go home. :angel8:

Felynx
15-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Im completely unafraid to the point of looking forward to the end of my life as much as I do the rest of my life. I know exactly whats going to happen when I die. Ive died so many times already, haha, its nothing new to me.

psychoslice
15-04-2011, 01:00 AM
No I'm not scared, there's no after life, there's just life ever flowing.

Felynx
15-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Well.... you have a body and then you dont, sure existence doesnt stop, but it sounds like afterlife to me.

nightowl
15-04-2011, 01:18 AM
i have studied near death experiences and they are fasinating but still they are all so different it still the unknown that your entering when you die and i would love to believe you are held and guided and that everything that happens to you in this life and beyond is for your highest good but i dont trust that i have a hard time trusting anything!
i think there are dark forces as well as good how can you be sure nothing bad will happen does anyone else worry like i do? after all no one really knows anything do we ?
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife state

I don't believe the physical fear you have in this life will carry over. I think it is what you do in spirit that goes with you. For me it is a spiritual realm and therefore does not deal with the same things we deal with in the physical. Maybe think more on nourishing your spirit and it in turn will nourish you here and there. :hug2: Try turning your fear of being unprotected and lack of comforting into giving that to others here the best way to help transform it is to maybe try and give what you lack. I am just babbling now so I will stop...:hug3:

psychoslice
15-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Well.... you have a body and then you dont, sure existence doesnt stop, but it sounds like afterlife to me.
That's the illusion, that's what it wants you to believe, how else would you keep living as a mind body organism.

surrendertotheflow
15-04-2011, 02:12 AM
The only thing to fear is fear itself. It is something we learn, not something we are born with. We were born with everlasting eternal love that flows on forever. You are under the assumption that the body you are temporarily residing in will cease to be and so you will cease to be. This is not so. The body will become part of the Earth again, or the winds, depending on your spiritual ceremony for it. But you will finally remember your true form, light, love, consciousness energy, an everlasting piece of the One.

Embrace your fears and transmute them into faith and love and open up your arms to what awaits you!! :)

-Peace, Love, and Light :)

Perspective
15-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife stateHi Lilly,
I can almost feel your pain & fear. :hug2:

In the NDEs I've read, it seems that it's based on one's beliefs - yet there always seems to be someone guiding, helping or explaining. I do think that some "attachments" hold people back. So, it's important to keep healing & correcting our thinking, which improves feelings. But I don't think anything outside our own attachments will hold us back or pull us down. I think, after this life, everyone experiences a degree of peace - without many of the concerns we have now.

Your pain & fears worry you about after life, but I think just your realization of them, shows that you will make the most of this! The lack or pain we've experienced - has the potential to turn to abundance & joy! (IE:) The most friendly people I know - have moved around, or don't have generations of family & friends around - so they learn to be open & friendly.

Feeling unprotected all of your life, it makes sense that you fear what's around the corner after death. Not only is that a natural fear most experience, but also, maybe nobody was there to protect & comfort you when you needed it. Yet, you're learning to protect & comfort yourself - studying, experiencing & learning. Eventually, I believe you'll heal & not only feel protected & comforted, but you'll have a depth of compassion to share!

GentleStrength
15-04-2011, 08:45 AM
My suggestion would be to do whatever works for you to become happy/content/joyful IN your life which will then help when transitioning back into your spiritual being. Meditation, books, forums, groups of people who come together to support and help each other to find peace within themselves and others.

The more comfortable you are with yourself, the more connected you fell with the creative source, the less apprehension you will feel about returning to the true aspect of your consciousness.

Love and Light :hug2:

Afro7hundr
15-04-2011, 09:28 AM
As long as it's something, I don't care what I face beyond the final unknown.

theophilus
15-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I used to be very afraid of death because I knew that after death I would face God's judgment and I also knew that I hadn't always obeyed God's commands. For a long time I tried to make up for my failures by living a good life but I was always afraid that I hadn't done enough. My fears ended when I discovered that Jesus Christ had died to pay for my sins and I could be forgiven if I put my faith in him. Here is a good place to learn more about this:

http://www.backtothebible.org/Indexes/index.php?option=com_mosforms&Itemid=180 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .backtothebible.org%252FIndexes%252Findex.php%253F option%253Dcom_mosforms%2526amp%253BItemid%253D180 )

I am 70 years old so I am constantly aware of the fact that my life could end at any time. When I read the obituaries in the newspaper it isn't unusual to find that most of those who have died are younger than I am. But I don't have any fear of this because I know that I have been forgiven and I am ready to face God.

norseman
15-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Theophilus, we are the same age roughly and I have no fear of what waits because I have been there quite a lot. I have memories of lives going back about 2000 years to Roman Britain and I know that old comrades are waiting for me so that we can march off together to wherever. This is the pagan promise of the Eternal Return.

Chrysaetos
15-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Hmm are you scared of tomorrow? :smile:

I'm not scared of what happens as my sceptical nature refuses to believe any religious propaganda..
We'll see what the 'afterlife' brings. The only thing I'm scared about is the actual process of dying, not what happens after..

Enya
15-04-2011, 10:27 PM
My mother was afraid of what was to come... not long before she died, she told me of an experience she had, where myself and my father were with her and a loving presence came forward and took her hands, showing her what it felt like to 'let go'. She said it was the most beautiful and loving experience she'd ever had and she was no longer frightened of death. She died with a smile on her face... I hope this helps you release that fear. xx

Scibat
15-04-2011, 10:37 PM
I'll readily admit I am terrified, not of the afterlife but that there isn't one. My fear is when I die there is non-existence. Yes, I won't be aware of not existing if that is the case -- But that doesn't assuage my fears any. More to the point I have lost almost all of my family, and if non-existence is at the end of life, then all of them are truly gone forever -- And that really scares and upsets me. :icon_frown:

Felynx
16-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Scibat, that used to scare me. I hated the idea that when I die there will be NOTHING left; that my energy would dissipate into existence and my consciousness would cease to exist. Thank God that isnt true.

nick61
16-04-2011, 01:26 AM
No, Im not scared, because I'll be dead. Any fears and apprehensions are just that, dead. The 'afterlife', for want of a better word, is a completely new existence, one with different priorities and a different consciousness. For one to say it's a happy place, or a sad place is pure folly. A new consciousness will require a new experience for us that we cannot understand. Yet.

earth2bella
16-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Hi Lilly,

I agree with many aspects of the posts before mine, but the I agree mostly with that I am not afraid to be 'dead', what I am most afraid of is the process of dying. I understand the difference there.

Plenty of people worry about the same exact thing as you, and really I don't think there is an answer to give you unless the answer is a part of your belief system. We all have our own opinions about heaven/hell, good/bad, afterlife vs nothing. Find something to believe in and go with it. 'Death' may be the unknown to you, but to one person it's positive eternal heaven and to the other it's recycled energy and to the next it's over and done with.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but just know that the are other good people just like you who think about the same issues.

I think at some point we all want our mothers to hold us and tell us it's going to be okay, but we can't do that, so we learn to tell ourselves what we need to know. If you believe that something will carry over into your next life than it probably will.

breath
16-04-2011, 03:41 PM

I understand the belief in dark forces, and that is acceptable.

I don't believe in telling you experiences, i believe in teaching you to get them for yourself, so here you go.

but here, human beings are perfectly fine. close your eyelids half way for me and start to breath in just your nose - calmly like you're trying not to disturb a candle's flame that's right in front of you. and listen to this for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ZfiUdnPLM&NR=1

when you're calm I want you to follow the next instructions.

- where in your body do you feel your self being?

- move that self into your right hand and look at it, feel your hand looking back at you with your center.

to know what it feels like to be dead and to die, slowly move your center into everything simultaniously, as slow as you want. move it into the floor you're standing on. and spread it out.

just now, your eyes and your ears create the picture that yourself is between them. but when you are no longer there's exclusively, you are the entire universe.

the stronger you get this feeling, you will probably come to realize that death feels very good.

I hope this helps.

lillyj
16-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all the posts everyone had something interesting to say they all helped in some way
part of the reason i worry so much is i have a serious illness that will kill me one day and i had a premonition i would die when i was 35 i am 32 now
its funny alot of other people said they where scared of not existing this is what i believe peace is
to my mind for your energy to become everything part of everything else just like your body will
and for all awarness and being to stop this is what i would like death to be if it was this i wouldnt be afraid at all i would look forward to it but because of NDE's (reading about them) i believe its possable for there to be more and thats the thing that is frightening

i had an experience of nearly dying years ago not a NDE but the bit before that i was blissfully peaceful aware of my smallness and connectedness to everything all the universe was one and love was at the centre i felt my spirit trying to leave my body by my right side and then it all stopped and i was normal again
in this experience
i felt i would not be me anymore after i left my body i believed i was returning to the source but that it was and abstract thing not anything you could name just pure energy i studied alot of buddhism then

its funny that i should of had this beautiful experience and all these years later be afraid its like i have gone backwards spiritually

lillyj
16-04-2011, 05:33 PM
i also wanted to be clear i am not really afraid of dying the process itself i think it im afraid of where i will end up afterwards where i will go to
to me dying is just a passing state the afterlife is eternal
although saying that i wouldnt like a long drawn out painful death but who would!

Westleigh
16-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I think it's a very normal part of being human to fear death, or dying, or both. It is normal to fear the unknown.

I used to fear death. I had no spiritual belief for most of my life but the idea of not existing was extremely disturbing to me, and I had no basis for any reassurance on the matter.

Unfortunately I think we can only alleviate these fears through things we experience personally, and we have to follow our own spiritual journey. I am fortunate now to have an amazing relationship with the spirit world and with spirit guides who are perfectly happy to talk to me all day about the nature of spirit, their own experiences passing from this world to the next, and even previous experiences I have had myself of same, though I do not remember them. I have been exposed to an incredible, boundless environment of wisdom and love and am utterly breathtaken, awed and humbled by it. I know my mind did not create it - partly because I have had more than enough little "coincidences" in my life proving to me the validity of this communication, and partly because the spirit world is far too magnificent a thing for me to have created it!

It is not something I can offer evidence of to another person, only an honest account of my own experiences. We each need to find that for ourselves. But please don't live in fear. There is a greater meaning to everything we experience than any of us can imagine.

athribiristan
16-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Negative. Death = not scary.

Roselove
17-04-2011, 01:23 AM
now that i know one exists yup! i don't want to be suckered into reincarnating

HBuck72
17-04-2011, 06:46 PM
I think if you come to terms with this life, and grow in spiritual development, that you have nothing to fear when death comes. By connecting to positive energy in this life, you will be drawn to positive energy in the next life.

Also, as a variant of Pascal's wager, if you leave a positive and spiritually developed life in this realm, and if there is no other realm after death, you will at least have lived a fulfilled and happy life.

I do not fear death, because I am comfortable and happy in this life, and I know that death is coming at some point. I may die when I am 90, or I could die in a car wreck tomorrow on the way to work. However, since I feel that I have tried to be as positive as possible, and do good to others, in this life that if there is an afterlife I will have a positive one, and if there is no afterlife, then I lived a good life while alive.

earthwanderess
17-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I believe if I live a good and honest life, I will have nothing to fear. I just don't want to cross over until I meet my great-great grandchildren!

Celeste
19-04-2011, 05:30 AM
I was brought up Catholic, and I don't always practice Catholicism, because I am more spiritual than religious, and I have my conflicts with it. Sometimes I have my doubts and wonder if I don't become one with the Catholic faith (I feel that I can't do all that they ask) I certainly won't then go to heaven. And that thought is unsettling. I mean, you can't be what you're not. Before my mom passed, she asked me if, when I died, I was going to be buried in the Catholic faith. I said I don't know, but her words kind of haunt me, now. So sometimes I wonder if I am gonna just be a floating being, in a limbo.

I am compassionate and giving, but some of the religions say you won't get to heaven on good works alone. And I believe in Christ, but mostly I go straight to God. So, if it is true you can't get to heaven except through His son, that you can't unless you have a "personal relation with Jesus," you won't go to heaven, then I feel left out. So, yes, sometimes I fear the afterlife. Sometimes I feel I am at peace and ready to go when God calls me, ant then other times I feel like I'm not. We all have to face it someday, or maybe we won't.

Boom
19-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I personally believe that the reason why we don't know what happens when we die, and the fact we have a survival instinct. Is to stop us from topping ourselves the minute we have an issue on Earth in our physical. The afterlife is apparantly a wonderful place to be, full of freedoms etc.

Why is it a different experience for everyone? Well I believe that has been answered, in the sense that our conciousness can project out a world in front of us when we die. For example. If you are a heavy believer in heaven with angels sitting on clouds with wings playing harps. Then that is what you will get when you die. People will sit in their heavens for a long time before they realise that there is more to the after life than that, and eventually they will ascend further.

So having read many stories of a big tunnel with a white light at the end of it when we die. Then when I die, my conciousness will create me this tunnel to inform me that I am dead. So I will see a big tunnel with a white light at the end of it.

As everyone is different, everyone will perceive a different experience of life after death. What you need to look for when reading of peoples experiences is the underlying stories of similarities.

These are just my thoughts based on everything I have read and understood recently.

AngelBreeze
20-04-2011, 01:59 AM

Dearest, lillyj!

Right now I can see that it is your current belief that is causing you the problems you are having and the doubts about what is a very natural process to occur.

Everything that happens to one in this life and in the next in the world of spirit is for your higher learning and in preparation for even more spiritually higher experiences.

There certainly are dark forces, just like the good ones, though the dark one that controls those dark forces would have you believe otherwise through his messages and that of his minions. However, the fixation in all the worrying occurs when one does not have God in their life to Secure and Sustain the answer that they will be going directly to Heaven upon their physical passing! Absent that, there are the dark areas that you speak about since without God in one's life, He would not be there to pin your hope upon at the moment of your transition.

But you can rest assured that your current beliefs will not carry over into the Afterlife if you accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and Savior now! For it is written in the Holy Bible that only Jesus can give you Salvation and remove all of the doubts people have in their mind about where they will be going when their present life on earth ceases to exist. Having Jesus in your life is like having the best Security Force and Spiritual Insurance Policy you can ever obtain because it is the best investment you can make for your eternal soul and spirit! For He will see to it that you are securely transported into His kingdom at your appointed time. And know that no one else can make that same offer. No one.

The way to have Jesus and that security so that your worrying will stop is to become a Born Again Christian. There will be those who will surely try to steer you in another direction, but then you must stop to consider that they care nothing about what will happen to you when you pass on as you are so very concerned about. They will tell you there are other ways. Yes, they are right in that. There are certainly other ways but not any of those ways can GUARANTEE your peace of mind in that you will ascend into Heaven unless you become Born Again through Jesus Christ.

There are people who did not want to believe this and then their time came and they passed away and their family who was Christian worried non-endingly that they passed-on without becoming a Christian and without being Saved. That is unfortunate but it happens all too often. Therefore, the time to do something about that is Now. Tomorrow may be too late as we don't know when God will call us back home and we need to have that Security that we will be guided directly to His kingdom in complete Light and Love by His angels to see our relatives and friends who have passed before us and of course, first and foremost, to be with Jesus who will be waiting to greet you with Open Arms and Extreme Happiness to know you have joined Him and are now Safely Back Home!

If you would like to get this assurance to assure Salvation for yourself, there is the Prayer for Salvation right below that you can say with all sincerity and that should rid you of any further concerns about darkness, etc. by knowing you will be in God's Light for Eternity at your appointed time when you go back home. :hug:

May you be blessed always!

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."-- MATTHEW 28: 19-20 (KJV)

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." -- II JOHN 9 (KJV)

Felynx
20-04-2011, 04:57 AM
But you can rest assured that your current beliefs will not carry over into the Afterlife if you accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and Savior now! For it is written in the Holy Bible that only Jesus can give you Salvation and remove all of the doubts people have in their mind about where they will be going when their present life on earth ceases to exist. Having Jesus in your life is like having the best Security Force and Spiritual Insurance Policy you can ever obtain because it is the best investment you can make for your eternal soul and spirit! For He will see to it that you are securely transported into His kingdom at your appointed time. And know that no one else can make that same offer. No one.

The way to have Jesus and that security so that your worrying will stop is to become a Born Again Christian. There will be those who will surely try to steer you in another direction, but then you must stop to consider that they care nothing about what will happen to you when you pass on as you are so very concerned about. They will tell you there are other ways. Yes, they are right in that. There are certainly other ways but not any of those ways can GUARANTEE your peace of mind in that you will ascend into Heaven unless you become Born Again through Jesus Christ.

Please note that the post above me is merely an individuals perception of what happens in the afterlife (albeit this perception is shared by many). I respect what she believes, but this is not necessarily true for everyone. Its up to you what you think will happen when you die. I know people with this certain idea perceive this as the only to enjoy the Afterlife, but for those that dont share the same vision, this isn't true by any stretch of the imagination. I think she should have worded it in a more open fashion, but then again the bible isn't worded that way....

nephesh
20-04-2011, 06:37 AM
I am not scared I yearn to return to my true home. I know I am here for a reason though I cant say I full understand why exactly. I use to fear death even though I’ve always believed in God/JC/Heaven. It wasn’t until I started my spiritual journey that I was able to put that aside. Feel at peace with the prospect of one day dying wether its next week or 60 years from now. I also started looking into past lives/reincarnation something I've always been intrested in and open too.

Our true life (essence/soul) does not end its a never ending circle. Weather we are in the physical or spirit realm/heaven. Least thats how I have come to see it.

seeker2011
24-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Fear of death exists on this side of it only.
What's really scary is being alive in the physical, if you ask me, because of all the insecurity caused by thinking it's all there is.

Miss Hepburn
24-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I just found this thread. Alot of clear people here. :smile:

If this helps anyone - I recommend to friends afraid of death to read 'A World Beyond' by Ruth Montgomery...boy, does it shed light on it all.
Also google Anthony Borgia to read 'Life in the Unseen World'.

Both just excellent and will ring true to you, imo.

:love9:

Wolfe of Wildwood
24-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not afraid of death necessarily, but I am afraid that when we die our conscious state will no longer exist. This scares me infinitely more than any idea of hell or eternal damnation. I means I'm terrified of reincarnation and of oblivion. People tend to think this is strange.

tehuti
25-04-2011, 02:53 AM
Death is the event horizon of a blackhole. The fear is the fear of moving at light speed and not having physical form. You can practice that now and create near death experiences here now through meditation and other "tools" used by shamans, mystery schools and other sects.....

Miss Hepburn
25-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Death is the event horizon of a blackhole. The fear is the fear of moving at light speed and not having physical form. You can practice that now and create near death experiences here now through meditation and other "tools" used by shamans, mystery schools and other sects.....

I know is that cool or what?

Xan
25-04-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm not afraid of death necessarily, but I am afraid that when we die our conscious state will no longer exist. This scares me infinitely more than any idea of hell or eternal damnation. I means I'm terrified of reincarnation and of oblivion. People tend to think this is strange.

Wolfe... It's not strange really to have fear of dying in consciousness, but you have an unusual way of describing it. For most people it's death of the body that they fear and talk about because of the mistaken idea that the body is 'me'.

Through meditation you can discover that in essence you are consciousness itself and this was not born and cannot die. You could see this now by recognizing that all the things you are conscious of - thoughts, feelings, sensations, perceptions, etc. - are always changing... but the fact that you are always aware does not.

Another way is to look into the personal near death experiences described in articles and books by thousands of people. Many of them say they were surprised to learn they remain themselves after death, but without pain and difficulty. In other words, they are Conscious that they exist. http://nderf.org is a good place to start.

Xan

Xenophilia
25-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Hello. I have to say I do agree with many of these posts. I have memories of some of my previous deaths in different incarnations, and afterwards. I honestly am not worried because at least I can finally go to a place of peace and happiness. I am sure you have nothing to worry about. Don't worry about the event, because it is a short time and then there is the best feeling of your life, because you are free.:hug2:

Miss Hepburn
25-04-2011, 04:29 PM
... it is a short time and then there is the best feeling of your life, because you are free.:hug2:
"Death is like taking off a tight shoe."

An NDEer

Or did I already post that!!!!!

Wolfe of Wildwood
25-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Wolfe... It's not strange really to have fear of dying in consciousness, but you have an unusual way of describing it. For most people it's death of the body that they fear and talk about because of the mistaken idea that the body is 'me'.

Through meditation you can discover that in essence you are consciousness itself and this was not born and cannot die. You could see this now by recognizing that all the things you are conscious of - thoughts, feelings, sensations, perceptions, etc. - are always changing... but the fact that you are always aware does not.

Another way is to look into the personal near death experiences described in articles and books by thousands of people. Many of them say they were surprised to learn they remain themselves after death, but without pain and difficulty. In other words, they are Conscious that they exist. http://nderf.org is a good place to start.

Xan
Thank you Xan, I aprieciate that someone responded, and it is very reasurring that we should still be conscious in some way after death, even if I will probably be a little doubtful till it actually happens. Again, thanks,
Love and Light,
Wolfe

Xan
27-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Wolfe... Another way some people realize they are conscious beings even without a physical body and life is in astral projection... often spontaneously. There's nothing like the first time of being across the room and seeing yourself napping on the couch, and there's much more to experience out-of-body.

You could get a lot from reading "Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman, even if you don't want to develop AP ability. It has many great personal stories.

Xan

Left Behind
01-05-2011, 01:29 AM
It's normal and natural to feel fearful about death, and suspect about the afterlife. After all, survival instincts are wired into us, and that's good!

But I'm starting to become less fearful about it. :smile:

Jim

gentledove
04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
The only thing to fear is fear itself. It is something we learn, not something we are born with. We were born with everlasting eternal love that flows on forever. You are under the assumption that the body you are temporarily residing in will cease to be and so you will cease to be. This is not so. The body will become part of the Earth again, or the winds, depending on your spiritual ceremony for it. But you will finally remember your true form, light, love, consciousness energy, an everlasting piece of the One.

Embrace your fears and transmute them into faith and love and open up your arms to what awaits you!! :)

-Peace, Love, and Light :)

Yes, this is amazing insight, imo, if only we could somehow beam it to others who are overwhelmed with angst. Perhaps that's why more and more people are sharing their NDE's. The Light wants people to know, in order to release their paralyzing fear and focus on what's important...which is of course creating, growing in awareness, living now, rather than obsessing on dying. Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it!

LIFE
04-05-2011, 09:03 PM
What afterlife?

Miss Hepburn
05-05-2011, 04:50 AM
I forgot a psych game from the 70s.
Picture yourself alone in a white room, a cube
with no windows or doors.
How do you feel?
What are the 1st 3 words that describe your feeling.
Write them down - I'll be back.

Xan
05-05-2011, 02:51 PM
How do you feel?

Quiet, quiet, quiet

Xan

Miss Hepburn
05-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Quiet, quiet, quiet

Xan
Yup.
I remember mine was peaceful, exciting, love it.
I was 24.

Terry
09-05-2011, 06:38 AM
For many years, I used to be afraid of death and afraid of people around me dying. That was before I started reading spiritual books. Now I have realised that there isn't really anything to be afraid of even if I still don't understand it yet. The only thing I fear now is the pain I may have to endure before I die whenever that will be.

Wolfe of Wildwood
09-05-2011, 10:59 PM
How do you feel?
"I'm all alone" then nothing, too terrified of total isolation to think anything else, just fear. (I don't like white boxes, the color makes me nervous. too long in doctors offices and psychologists' offices I guess)

Miss Hepburn
10-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Well, I might as well say because it looks like that's it for participants that how we ''feel'' in this white room is how we are supposed to feel about our death.
:)

Wolfe of Wildwood
10-05-2011, 11:31 PM
wouldn't bother me so much if it was something where I wasn't totally alone, or at least a different color. White is all consuming, and as stated above, I have an unnerving history with it.

unruhig
11-05-2011, 12:17 AM
I am not scared of the afterlife, rather of the actual process of dying.
Peace

ivy71983
11-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Im not really scared of the afterlife either but feel if one feels their life was lived in the dark instead of the light then there is reason for fear. As for the white room, i also have a fear of being alone but i understand thats because i havent fully accepted that im never really alone.

flutterangel
11-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Well, I might as well say because it looks like that's it for participants that how we ''feel'' in this white room is how we are supposed to feel about our death.
Good to know, because my words were peace, quiet and space. Thanks, that was interesting!!

innerlight
11-05-2011, 01:37 AM
No, I am not. I have been there so many times and back again that it's just natural to me.

Miss Hepburn
11-05-2011, 02:19 AM
I am not scared of the afterlife, rather of the actual process of dying.
Peace
Ya know, I don't know if this helps, but it helped me many years ago when I finally "got" it.
That is to understand that what's going to happen or what has happened -
"just is "...and our worrying or fearing something doesn't do a darned thing to the situation EXCEPT make it worse.

Please, don't be scared of dying. If it is terrible and painful - oh well...fearing it for years won't change it, you know.
And if it is fast and sweet ---what alot of time just wasted...it's just dumb.

I finally "got it".
I "got" that worry and fear are like a rocking chair ---it's a lot of effort , but
it doesn't get you anywhere.
:wink: Miss Hepburn

It took me a long time.

surrendertotheflow
11-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Yes, this is amazing insight, imo, if only we could somehow beam it to others who are overwhelmed with angst. Perhaps that's why more and more people are sharing their NDE's. The Light wants people to know, in order to release their paralyzing fear and focus on what's important...which is of course creating, growing in awareness, living now, rather than obsessing on dying. Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it!

I couldn't agree more! I wish I could channel the light better so I could just send it to whoever needed it most at this particular moment. But I'm told and I believe that by working on yourself you are the most help to others :smile:

Xan
11-05-2011, 01:58 PM
flow... To channel the light better we need to absorb our attention in inner light. You can call down the light from high above and let it flow down into and all through you. You can breathe light. You can become aware in your own light body. Then giving light is an easy natural way to help others.

As we awaken spiritually and come to know our true self is light, is love, is pure eternal being then fears of death and the process of dying fade away.

Xan

NiteOwl
12-05-2011, 07:45 AM
No, I'm not scared.

I think the more you trust yourself, the closer you get to your Higher Self, the more balanced you'll feel. You'll have to learn to let go, which is usually the most uncomfortable of it all.

Be present and enjoy the ride.

Xan
15-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Yes... letting go is the key. It's only uncomfortable in the beginning and the more we let go the better it feels.

Xan

Natalia
15-05-2011, 03:31 AM
Like walking into the ocean(take it literal if you like). You walk, you float, you get tired and struggle and fight, more exhaustion until you can no longer fight it and you let go, you fall then you rise up and up and up. The spirit is released.

What weighted him/her down.

The symbology/messages are everywhere all the time. Mind, body, soul.

Bright Blessings :color:

SeekingTheShift
15-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I am unafraid of the afterlife as this ‘life‘ is but one of many. My feelings are that we are multidimensional beings. This time on Earth is but a facet of the whole.

I remember a wonderful dream where I was at a ‘garden party’ with my soul family. Guides, family and friends as well as teachers were there. One soul in particular is one I have lived many lives with and a dear soul. I am sitting in a chair with a glass of something cool to drink. I dip out a ice cube and in fun, chunk it at him because he has been teasing me about something.

The reason I relate the dream is that this is what I imagine the afterlife to be. Getting together with my soul family to talk about what this current life on the 3rd rock from the Sun was all about. Compare experiences, laugh, relax and catch up with one another.

I am still deeply involved in this life and in no hurry to move on but I certainly have no fear of leaving the physical body in this life.

As for the white room… Peace, quiet, contentment.

Hugs, hope and blessings.

earthy
16-05-2011, 07:02 PM
This is my first post (yippee). I wanted to share an interesting quote (allthough I'm not sure of the "quotee")

"The reason we are born is to die"

This quote gives me comfort as it's just as natural to die as it is to be born, and just looking at mother nature this time of year, after a long winter's sleep, just look at the life blossoming all around us.

Peace, love
Earthy.

Never compromise yourself... you're all you've got
--Janis Joplin

Miss Hepburn
17-05-2011, 01:45 AM
This is my first post (yippee). I wanted to share an interesting quote (allthough I'm not sure of the "quotee")

"The reason we are born is to die"

This quote gives me comfort as it's just as natural to die as it is to be born, and just looking at mother nature this time of year, after a long winter's sleep, just look at the life blossoming all around us.

Peace, love
Earthy.

Never compromise yourself... you're all you've got

--Janis Joplin

Nice Janis quote in your signature. Yes, never compromise yourself. Nod.
Welcome here earthy.

I understand the point of your quote - however it rubs me wrong.
(The quote, never you.)
Ha! Because it's not true. :wink:
That isn't why we were born.
Ah, I love that I know why we were born - and I read delicious expansions on why we were born in poetic, eloquent words all the time.

Why would you personally say is the reason, so we can get to know you.
:smile: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn
17-05-2011, 02:02 AM
As for the white room… Peace, quiet, contentment.

How wonderful to feel that way about death. :)

Ah, the afterlife - I longed for it for many decades, with excitement.
Now I realize it's all just a continuum. As above, so below..it all continues...
This world is my living room - I hold the remote control.
You may think I'm kidding - 'she's just this person on some forum'.
I wish people here could interview my friends.

There is a quote from some Far Eastern masters I relate to.
If I may...
He hears the calls of that soul which sincerely opens to Him, worshipping within in Spirit and Truth.
The one that makes that connection with the Father in secret will feel the power flowing through him as the fulfillment of every desire.
For he that sees the Father in the secret place of his own soul and there abides, him the Father will reward openly.

Ahh... :hug2:

:hug3: Miss Hepburn

I humbly submit this 2012 "thing" is propelling my soul.
Yours, too? :wink:

Xan
17-05-2011, 03:14 AM
Ah, I love that I know why we were born - and I read delicious expansions on why we were born in poetic, eloquent words all the time.

Please tell us more, Miss H.

Xan

Miss Hepburn
17-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Please tell us more, Miss H.
Xan

Well, Xan, I feel it is so personal and also for all of us... We that can appreciate what was communicated one evening at 11:35 pm when the atmosphere of the room changed to a static charge, a supernatural "feeling, tingling"...
I was spoken to in complete sentences as I stopped breathing --a Mystical Divine Visitation about 3 years ago now. (Not my first)

A telepathic Voice, my Father, said as the earth seemed to stop revolving...
"This...
This is why you were created (mankind) - this ...is why you were born...
for this...
for this nano-second when a human heart...
cracks opens....

and re-co-g-niz-es ...
Me.

Loves ...Me...." ( feels the awe of Who I am.)

No matter what people think about all is one, all is pure consciousness, all is nothingness, all is neutral awareness .... I agree...but that 'neutral awareness'
wants our love and recognition...is about All Consuming Love.
In a nutshell - there is no intellectualizing about it ---It wants raw open hearts open only to "It". Would psychoslice say that is us or ourselves or our true nature, our higher ego selves - yes...I would agree.

Here:
God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there
must be a Beloved. But since God is Existence infinite
and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself.
as the Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He
loves.
Beloved and Lover implies separation. And separation
creates longing; and longing causes search. And the
wider and the more intense the search the greater the
separation and the more terrible the longing.
When longing is most intense separation is complete,
and the purpose of separation, which was that Love
might experience Itself as Lover and Beloved is fulfilled;
and union follows. And when union is attained, the Lover
knows that he himself was all along the Beloved whom he
loved and desired union with; and that all the impossible
situations that he overcame were obstacles which he
himself had placed in the path to himself.
To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is
impossible to become what you already are! Union is
nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

~Meher Baba

SeekingTheShift
18-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Thank you Miss H…

What a wonderful 'poem'.

What fun it would be able to hold that remote control in my hands to check in with all the aspects of my being. That which I consider to be past, present and future. I may grasp the concept that I am a multidimensional being but in the current human existence that I am focused on… well… I guess I would 'watch' in linear time. Perhaps at some point I will do that… kick back with the remote. LOL… I can remember telling my ex as he made the rounds of available TV channels, over and over… Pleeeease, would you just land on something!

Also… love the quote from the Far Eastern Master. It is a deep wish of mine that each person will experience the joy of connecting to Divine Source/Mother/Father… fill in the name as you will… on a joy filled level.

As for 2012... Oh, yes… That is why I am here for this Earth journey. For the adventure and to assist. I may have the why, yet I am still working on who, what, when and where.

Many hugs, hope and blessings all around.

Xan
18-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Well, Xan, I feel it is so personal and also for all of us... We that can appreciate what was communicated one evening at 11:35 pm when the atmosphere of the room changed to a static charge, a supernatural "feeling, tingling"...
I was spoken to in complete sentences as I stopped breathing --a Mystical Divine Visitation about 3 years ago now. (Not my first)

A telepathic Voice, my Father, said as the earth seemed to stop revolving...
"This...
This is why you were created (mankind) - this ...is why you were born...
for this...
for this nano-second when a human heart...
cracks opens....

and re-co-g-niz-es ...
Me.

Loves ...Me...." ( feels the awe of Who I am.)

No matter what people think about all is one, all is pure consciousness, all is nothingness, all is neutral awareness .... I agree...but that 'neutral awareness' wants our love and recognition...is about All Consuming Love.
In a nutshell - there is no intellectualizing about it ---It wants raw open hearts open only to "It".

Thank you, Miss H

Yes... It's all about returning awareness in love... Love Itself.

Xan

essencespiritual
20-05-2011, 02:04 AM
According to the Indian Vedic knowledge, the body is always dead. For example, a microphone is made of metal. When electric energy passes through the microphone, the sound is broadcast over loudspeakers. But when there is no electricity in the system, nothing happens. Whether the microphone is working or not, it remains nothing more than an assembly of metal, plastic, etc. Similarly, the human body works because of the living force within. When this living force leaves the body, it is said that the body is dead. But actually it is always dead. The living force is the important element; its presence alone makes the body appear to be alive. But “alive” or “dead,” the physical body is nothing more than a collection of dead matter.

Radhanath Swami says on the basis of Vedic scriptures that the first and most fundamental knowledge that a disciple learns from his guru, spiritual master is, “You are not the body; you are a spirit soul.” This knowledge is the one of the first instructions that Lord Krishna gave Arjuna, when Arjuna surrendered to Him at the battlefield of Kurukshetra where the legendary Bhagavad Gita was spoken. Bhagavad Gita is the principal book of knowledge in the pan Hindu culture of the Indian sub-continent.

For more info please go though below link please search for Radhanath Swami in google

essencespiritual
20-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Question to Radhanath Swami: I have always believed that celebrities lived a nice life but we often witness them dying miserably. How can I live a life which doesn’t end miserably?
Radhanath Swami: In scriptures it is said, “mahajano yena gatau sa panthau” – It means that if one truly wants to understand how to live a perfect life, “One must follow in the footsteps of the great souls.” The great souls through their every word and every act teach us how to live. But they teach us one more important thing. They teach us how to die because in this world we live and we die as well. Is anyone in this world excluded from either of the two? Krishna says in Bhagavad-Gita- for one who has been born, death is certain and for one who has died birth is certain. In today’s world people are very anxious to learn- how to live a nice life. People are anxious to accumulate lot of wealth, prestige, power, and luxury so as to live nicely. But they have to understand that more important in this world than learning how to live nicely is learning how to die nicely, because death is the final exam of life. Most people now days go to college. In college they attend classes, attend seminars, and read several books. Even after that if they fail in their final exam they have to start all over again. They cannot graduate to the next level. Now they have to start classes from the beginning once again. Similarly, everything we do in life culminates to how we perform in the final exam and how we perform in the final exam is dependent on how we prepare ourselves during the course. This human life is a course and we are all in a school. The purpose of this course is to learn – How do we graduate from this world. When we do graduation, we no longer have to go to the school. Similarly, when we will graduate from this material conception of life, we will return to the spiritual world.

Miss Hepburn
20-05-2011, 03:34 AM
According to the Indian Vedic knowledge, the body is always dead. For example, a microphone is made of metal. When electric energy passes through the microphone, the sound is broadcast over loudspeakers. But when there is no electricity in the system, nothing happens. Whether the microphone is working or not, it remains nothing more than an assembly of metal, plastic, etc. Similarly, the human body works because of the living force within. When this living force leaves the body, it is said that the body is dead. But actually it is always dead. The living force is the important element; its presence alone makes the body appear to be alive. But “alive” or “dead,” the physical body is nothing more than a collection of dead matter.

In all of my days and all the metaphors, stories and comparisons, I have never heard this put this way.
This opens up a new area of perspective.
Hmmm, thank you.
A dead microphone - it really will make me look at that which is using this microphone more than ever.
People already have asked me if I'm taking drugs - with this new perception
when I look at them they will be convinced. Ha!
I love it.
:hug2:

psychoslice
20-05-2011, 03:50 AM
This is the only life that you will ever know of, life will always keep going on and on, but you as who you believe you are now, will be finished at what we call death, that's what life is, a continuation not a static stagnant pool of what you want to keep all for yourself.

Trace
20-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I used to be very frightened of dying once. I used to think about it a lot and could never wonder why you would live and experience things and learn things only for it to be wasted and forgotten. I just couldnt believe that it was just the end when you took your last breath. It just seemed all pointless to be alive in the first place.
I think differently now and believe it or not, I thank my ghost investigating for that. That led to other things. I dont even know what led me to that in the first place but it was a steppign stone for me. It proved to me that life did exist after death without a body. I was shown this without any doubt and from there I asked more questions and have been shown more.
Its a wonderful thing really. Now I do look forward to my life after this one. I love living and Im sure I am going to love my next living :-)

Lightspirit
20-05-2011, 09:55 AM
I cant wait for it, Its what you go through to get there I am not keen on.No more paying taxes, no more cold winters, no more sickness...HEAVEN!

Miss Hepburn
20-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I cant wait for it, Its what you go through to get there I am not keen on. No more paying taxes, no more cold winters, no more sickness...HEAVEN!
You forgot no rent or mortgage, no more time schedules
like having to be at work.
:hug3:

Lightspirit
20-05-2011, 10:56 AM
You forgot no rent or mortgage, no more time schedules
like having to be at work.
:hug3:yeah no more whinging bosses too.. especially no reincarnation bugger that! I'm not coming back for more, once is enough...

mattie
20-05-2011, 11:53 AM
TRUST that you will handle this part of your journey just fine.

We have more than sufficient ability to deal w/ whatever dark forces that we come across. We’ve been given the misinformation that they are more powerful than us by those who weren’t keen on our developing our energetic sovereignty & who want(ed) us to remain mired in fear.

Besides your innate ability that is considerable, we all have an extensive spiritual team that assists us at every stage of our journey. There is NO NEED to have fear about our journey.

Jazlan
29-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi there--- people who have had near death or walk-in experiences may understand that there could be more than one soul inhabiting the body- this would mean that souls have come and gone without any fanfare or memorial service-no one knew that they ever came or left the planet. Thats when you start thinking about things like individual death as opposed to unified life. I expose myself here a little with this info - I don't know if my experience was a walk in type. I don't think anyone can tell you the definition of your personal experience anyway. People sometimes try to be the expert of another person's experience. it is impossible to put walk-in or near death experiences into a stereotype or category because every one has a unique and different soul blue print. I know I died or a part of me died and the person that I am today is not the person who was born into this form-at physical birth. It may be a common occurence, its just that not everyone is fully conscious of when it happens. Death is no longer something that is unkown to me therefore I am no longer afraid of it. I cannot be afraid of death because it is a natural way of transition. It doesn't matter if we die physically, or die symbolically, its all the same. We often attach our mental and emotional identification of self to the material plane (cars, houses, etc.), people, culture, tradition, beleifs, and events. This is the thread that ties consciousness to the earthly plane after death. This is how discarnate spirits connect to the earthly plane. This is why (in my opinion...) ghosts are known to repeat the same behavior over and over again. The repetition of an event, feeling, thought form or behavior that had mental or emotional impact is holding a fragment of that soul's consciousness in-tact on the earthly plane. This is why it is so important to be free of old constructs of illusion that bind us. Yeah... I have a tendancy to go on - anyway, that's my bit. PS: I have to add something else (!) We are the experts of our own life experience. It may not impress anyone else, that's alright. Can we suggest our own websites here? Love, J-

Jazlan
29-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi there--- people who have had near death or walk-in experiences may understand that there could be more than one soul inhabiting the body-during a lifetime. This would mean that souls have come and gone without any fanfare or memorial service-no one knew that they ever came or left the planet. Thats when you start thinking about things like individual death as opposed to unified life. I expose myself here a little with this info - I don't know if my experience was a walk in type. I don't think anyone can tell you the definition of your personal experience anyway. People sometimes try to be the expert of another person's experience. It is impossible to put walk-in or near death experiences into a stereotype or category because every one has a unique and different soul blue print. I know I died or a part of me died and the person that I am today is not the person who was born into this form-at physical birth. It may be a common occurence, its just that not everyone is fully conscious of when it happens. Death is no longer something that is unkown to me therefore I am no longer afraid of it. I cannot be afraid of death because it is a natural way of transition. It doesn't matter if we die physically, or die symbolically, its all the same. We often attach our mental and emotional identification of self to the material plane (cars, houses, etc.), people, culture, tradition, beleifs, and events. This is the thread that ties consciousness to the earthly plane after death. This is how discarnate spirits connect to the earthly plane. This is why (in my opinion...) ghosts are known to repeat the same behavior over and over again. The repetition of an event, feeling, thought form or behavior that had mental or emotional impact is holding a fragment of that soul's consciousness in-tact on the earthly plane. This is why it is so important to be free of old constructs of illusion that bind us. Yeah... I have a tendancy to go on - anyway, that's my bit. PS: I have to add something else (!) We are the experts of our own life experience. It may not impress anyone else, that's alright. Is it inappropriate to suggest our own websites here? Love, J-

jacket250
12-06-2011, 07:01 AM
I used to fear death. I had no spiritual belief for most of my life but the idea of not existing was extremely disturbing to me, and I had no basis for any reassurance on the matter.

Jeff4freedom
13-06-2011, 06:51 AM
I've done it soo many times, and remembered it...and practiced going through it . And like you say, if you live in fear there will be a fearful part to face.... but it's all lessons and if you look at it with Love, and not fear....you will greatly evolve during the death experience. But better yet, once you hear the pop, or find yourself in the "tunnel of Light" if you, with strong intention and love focus always on the light in the distance....you'll get to skip all the ****** stuff..(of course all the Heaven stuff too)...but the point is once you get to that Light (which you will eventually, no matter what)...it's blissful ecstasy.... and all the Heaven realms put together don't satisfy your soul like a brief second in that Light... It's nothin to be afraid of, just learn the rules.... Main Rule....don't get distracted...second rule, when you get to the White Hall and feel yourself ..... melt into the light, disappearing ......don't Freak out..... and stay there in the Light as long as you can... I'm telling you now, you will get back to "yourself" but the longer you can just Be that Light...... the more your Soul will gain.

supernova
13-06-2011, 09:11 AM
I am never scared about my afterlife. Why should I be after all. I am unsure about it or cannot rely on any mythological ideas unless I reach on it.

Neville
08-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Is anyone else scared of the afterlife

There is of course the possibility that some of your before live's were far worse.

SunnyHaze
08-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I used to be scared to lose my mother, i would cry and race to her room she told me she will alway be with me and i see its true, i have no fear but used to fear for my mum, now as i am older i hav better understandings

Neville
08-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi SunnyHaze,

My Mum died when I was Nine to cancer, she was only 32..that was back in 72I asked her if she was scared of dying. She said No, but I don't know if that was bravado or not. I would have been bricking it personally.

Not the afterlife though. The actual process of dying , especially if it were painful. She was braver than I imagine me to be.

The afterlife, well thats the thing. 39 years later and only one medium (now dead sadly ) ever got her name or even picked her up. So afterlife ...I thought maybe not.

What then..Oh I know I tune in to dribs and drabs of discarnate thought and consciousness, but these feel like memory to me..floating around in the collective thought stream.. So I got to thinking physical death might be like that dark timeless silent sleep that we first plunge into every night we go to sleep. Just blackness and peace.. nothingness. Thats not so bad surely .

I feel the process aand pain of physical death holds far more horrors than any afterlife personally. Even my Dreams hold more apprension than a black stillness in perpetuity.

It might be a pipe dream though because I do feel I am ancient, but then again that could will be a genetic memory thing.

Love and Peace Neville

Xan
08-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Wonderful signature, Neville...

You came from a place of infinite wonder and unfathomable glory. When you leave this world of form you'll reunite with that Spirit of Love. The false belief that you are somehow separate from your Source right now is the greatest travesty ever known to humanity. Know that you are whole, perfect and downright BEAUTIFUL just the way you are.

`

Neville
08-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Hello Xan,

Deep comforting secure nothingness. Indeed , The Silence,

You came from a place of infinite wonder and unfathomable glory. When you leave this world of form you'll reunite with that Spirit of Love.

Darkness does not gain colour till it absorbs the frequencies of the elements involved. As I embrace the occult and all that it envelops, knowing that its not the art but the intent manifested that differentiates overall. I beg to differ any argument that light is pure…and to challenge that either would stand tall on its own without some influence of the other.

akarich88
18-10-2013, 08:39 PM
There is nothing to fear of the life that follows this life we know.why are you fearfull?Nobody actually dies.In fact this thing we call life pales in comparison to what comes next.So much so I consider this life to be almost an illusion.

akarich88
18-10-2013, 08:54 PM
what awaits you is far from nothingness.I read the rest of your post.Seems strange you would put in the nothingness thing.Its more like everythingness

RedEmbers
20-10-2013, 10:05 PM
No, I'm not scared, not scared of dying either. Although I am scared of getting my face bitten off by a shark and getting stuck in anything (like a coffin or a dark abyss) I suppose if the afterlife has sharks and locked coffins or dark abysses I'd be scared, but then If I died I'd just wake up in another reality.
I suppose when I am in the process of dying I might feel scared. But not scared of whats after that, if I am truly dead it's not like I'll be alive to know that I don't exist anyway lol.
Whatever, I'm sure it will all work out.

Tobi
20-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I am not at all scared of passing out of the physical body when my time comes to leave. In fact, I am looking forward to it. However, I already prepare myself now to attune as much as I can throughout the rest of my life -to those states of spirit I would prefer to be aligned to when I pass over. Learning and further development is available on the 'other side', but I would like a bit of a head-start.

But to be honest, I am very apprehensive of any pain I will feel before I leave my body as I am a bit of a wuss with pain. It may be that the approaches to 'death' will feel ok. But any illness of course is not a pleasant thing to have to go through.

Richy100
25-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Having several illnesses I'm not scared of death but I often wonder what happens in the seconds after we pass over.

Morpheus
27-10-2013, 04:13 PM

Science and the ancient spiritual teachings both agree that the material world is illusory, and not the greater reality.

People who have died and returned have stated that when they are apart from this world and body, it's as if they've entered true reality, and this world and life is like the dream.
God is Love. He gave His only begotten son, (into the world), to pay the price for our guilt and sin. Upon the cross, and executed at the hands of men, for our sakes.
So we can know He loves us, judgement is appeased, and we are loved and forgiven. Jesus paid the price for a fallen humanity.

The goal is objectivity, and a transcendant mind and heart.

Visit - www.nderf.org (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nderf.org)

Tabby94
27-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Not scared of it. I'm only scared of being rejected by God.

hollamoc
28-10-2013, 03:47 AM
A few years ago I was afraid but as I learn, grow and heal I look forward to what my Creator has in store for me. I trust it will be perfect for me and I know where I'm at in this moment is exactly where I need to be.

LC2488
02-03-2014, 01:14 AM
I used to be afraid, and then I did research. Now i'm just anxious, dare I say impatient, for the end of my life. So much so that I've lost interest in the physical. The prospects of the afterlife is that much more intriguing to me. The feeling of crossing over for me is like how a kid feels when Christmas morning arrives.

Lady Diana
06-03-2014, 01:30 AM
What comforts me is to know that all those who I have loved and have passed over, if they could do it then so shall I. I look forward to it even if it is uncertain and scary because of the unknown. The best thing we can do is be ready , to try to live the best life we can, to love others and try to do good within yourself, to feel it and know it so when the time comes we don't take that negative baggage with us. Those who were dark in life will be dark in death , but they too will have a chance to redeam themselves when they are ready. I feel the only dark forces that will come after us when we die are those we draw to ourselves.

spiritualerika
10-03-2014, 06:26 PM
im just confused about what happens after we die christianity says one thing while near death experiences kind of another that you dont have to be christian to go to heaven. does anyone know the answer?

Beautiful Soul
17-03-2014, 08:10 PM
There's this very good psychic blogger called Erin Pavalina who I discovered when I was terrified of the afterlife and after reading her accounts and channelled messages I was very reassured that the next life is full of love and that we all go to heaven. Her accounts did seem very logical and thought out so that's what I've come to accept.

Lightspirit
17-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Going there could be scary if it turns out to be as boring as this life.

Razberri92
18-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Death and the afterlife doesn't scare me at all. In fact, the experiences I've had with dying and the other side have very peaceful and beautiful experiences. It's hard on the ones we leave behind, but I have no doubt that when I die my soul will be in peace and that I will find ways to communicate with whoever needs me.

With that said, I fear pain. I would not like to die a painful death, but death itself is not something that I fear.

Belle
18-03-2014, 08:37 PM
To be honest, I haven't really given it thought. It's not difficult to be calm about it when not confronting it, but if I were staring at my passing I probably wouldn't be so calm!

Lilyth Von Gore
18-03-2014, 09:12 PM
The thought of dying makes me sad. It's the aspect of leaving loved ones behind, the fear of not seeing them in the afterlife.

The Librarian
18-03-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm not scared, as I know what's going to happen to my body, and even if I don't have a soul, the thought that my body is going to return to the earth is enough for me. I'm going to be broken down by worms, nourish plants, and become part of the cycle of life on our planet, until the day our sun grows too big, and too hot and reduces the earth to ash, casting the remnants of every human out into the universe to become part of something even bigger. I think that's very beautiful, and while it may make some people feel very small and insignificant, it makes me feel huge, proud and excited.

Autumn Ascent
30-03-2014, 04:15 PM
It's funny because when i was a kid i had this idea that we would all just live forever. that there was no such thing as death. i knew people died but at the same time had no concept of it. later on in my teen years i did develop somewhat of a fear of death.maybe it was because i was raised going to church and i believed god might dislike me and send me to hell(even though i was actually a very well behaved kid and never really was in trouble), that i was being bad. i have since outgrown that method of thinking and do not follow religion. these days i am actually excited about someday going home to the afterlife. not in a suicidal way but i really look forward to death after i have lived most of my life of course.

The Librarian
30-03-2014, 05:03 PM
It's funny because when i was a kid i had this idea that we would all just live forever. that there was no such thing as death. i knew people died but at the same time had no concept of it. later on in my teen years i did develop somewhat of a fear of death.maybe it was because i was raised going to church and i believed god might dislike me and send me to hell(even though i was actually a very well behaved kid and never really was in trouble), that i was being bad. i have since outgrown that method of thinking and do not follow religion. these days i am actually excited about someday going home to the afterlife. not in a suicidal way but i really look forward to death after i have lived most of my life of course.

It's always been said by my family that the moment you realise that one day, you're going to die, is when you stop being a child. No other species shares with us the knowledge that we won't live forever. Acceptance of death as a part of the natural order is one of the things that makes us human.

The Librarian

paulmisaac
31-03-2014, 12:47 AM
http://www.afterlife101.com/

Not sure if this link has been posted (it's late and I'm not reading 11 pages) but I found it quite comforting :)

Revan
31-03-2014, 05:26 AM
Those that say they are not afraid of death are liars. Fear of the unknown is a given. Now I am afraid to die a death in my sleep. I would much rather die on my feet fighting for something I truly believe in.

LC2488
02-04-2014, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=Revan]Those that say they are not afraid of death are liars. Fear of the unknown is a given. Now I am afraid to die a death in my sleep. I would much rather die on my feet fighting for something I truly believe in.[/

If needing to be specific, then here it goes. I'm afraid of death happening to loved ones, because well, I'm still here and they are there. When you're staring death in the face, like say, a gun pointed towards you, then there's likely to be some fear. There could/will be fear of HOW you could die. Dying in my sleep doesn't sound bad to me at all, actually. But once death actually occurs, then for some, those people will be able to move on and accept. Kind of like, well, back to where I left off. Smooth transition. As for fear of the unknown, I feel confident that I know there's something to look forward to after being on Earth. Do I know for certain? No. But from what I've read about death and the afterlife, it sounds logical to me, at least. Something to look forward to, in fact. Not a fair shake to say people who say so are liars. Unless you're a mind-reader, you couldn't know if we were.

Eliab_ben_B
07-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Shrug, i found Death and the journey to the afterlife somewhat exciting ...
i approached it somewhat enthusiastically as a new adventure ...
(what they call an NDE .. nothing near about it in my opinion )
still a little angry at being sent back with a task to perform , instructions or clue
cards on those tasks may have been helpful, but looking back they were there
in the pebbles on the path :)

Shalom .. Eliab

muileag
07-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Most of the time I believe I am fine with my passing over from this life to the next (or even if there isn't a next...I'm fine with all possibilities), but sometimes I feel an overwhelming sadness surrounding leaving my children. Last night it came over me out of the blue before I went to bed, overwhelming sorrow, and I pray that I won't go until my youngest (13 year-old twins) are old enough to care for themselves.

lili
08-04-2014, 07:25 AM
I have read many but not all of the responses here. great thread!
I think that for many there is the fear of the unknown. For those who cannot see beyond the veil, there may be that fear. Because they do not remember what it is like. I am afraid of the "dying" process. Sometimes it can be preceded by a long and painful process. So the dying process is of concern to me. I also am concerned about the vibrational level I will be at when I leave this incarnate form I now am in. I hope my heart and mind will be on a higher level at the time of passing. Thanks for the thread <3

bartholomew
14-04-2014, 06:41 PM

We do not "enter the unknown" when we die. We enter the "unremembered". The process is easy and natural. Most of don't even realize we've crossed when it happens. As for "dark forces". Rubbish is what I say. We are all met by our guides whereupon a process of healing begins.

May I suggest to you that having good friends in the present is the best course. Be happy and free in your life. Always look for ways to help others. If you are religious listen to and practice the positive things (that are taught).

After we make the great passing over most of us find that we could have done much more to be good people while in our lives. Forget about demons and all that nonsense. Cultivate good friends now. Live the good life. Be fearless.

each1teach1
14-04-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm not afraid of the afterlife because I believe that there is always a way to the light.
Although, the process of dying could be long and painful but I have faith in my strength to get through it. I believe a positive mindset can overcome pain. However in a life threatening situation, fear would naturally overcome my senses. That's my perception.

Mazulu
14-04-2014, 07:12 PM
If you fear the afterlife, then you may call forth as an affirmation and a plea for help...

I call forth to me now a legion of angels of God and good to protect me and to carry me to where I am supposed to be, to a place of safety and love. Amen.

stephk4444
15-04-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm terrified of the unknown but for some reason I'm not scared of the afterlife. I want to see what it's like. I would like to know now, but I want to live a full life if you know what I mean.

Katheryn
17-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Thank you for posing this question! I think it is a fine and brave thing to admit to a fear of any sort. Any transition is potentially frightening and there is no shame in that.

I was lucky to be raised by a very wise woman, who told me that because everyone is different, everyone's idea of heaven is different, and we all get exactly the afterlife we want, whether that is a cottage in a green field or a palace on an island. There are so many helpful people and angels to help those who have passed (whether they are your dead friends and relatives or your spirit guardians or guides) that we can't help but be welcomed to the other side! And it will surely be familiar when we get there, since we must have come from there to start off with.

Mazulu
17-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Thank you for posing this question! I think it is a fine and brave thing to admit to a fear of any sort. Any transition is potentially frightening and there is no shame in that.

I was lucky to be raised by a very wise woman, who told me that because everyone is different, everyone's idea of heaven is different, and we all get exactly the afterlife we want, whether that is a cottage in a green field or a palace on an island. There are so many helpful people and angels to help those who have passed (whether they are your dead friends and relatives or your spirit guardians or guides) that we can't help but be welcomed to the other side! And it will surely be familiar when we get there, since we must have come from there to start off with.

Yes! Very beautiful and very correct.

Richard RS
19-04-2014, 03:43 PM
You studied near death experiences.
You are right in worry about what will happens to all of us, since we all will we go there, eventually. What I know is that we create our position in that reality according with the way we live here, in this world. Be a good person and you will have nothing to fear.
This is a quote of one of the books I had studied through my years of seeking answers in this matter:

"Confidence in the reality of a future life does not exclude apprehension in regard to the
passage from this present life to the other one. Many persons do not dread death in itself; what they dread is the instant of transition. Do we, or do we not, suffer in the crossing of the boundary? This is the query that disturbs his or her equanimity, and which is all the more worthy of consideration because it refers to something from which no one among us can possibly escape. We may decline to
take a journey upon the Earth; but the journey we are contemplating is one that must be taken alike by rich and poor, and if it were a painful one, neither rank nor fortune can do away with its painfulness.
When we see the peacefulness of some deaths and the terrible convulsions that accompany others, we naturally infer that the sensations attendant on dissolution are not the same in all cases; but who can enlighten us upon this point? Who will describe for us the physiological phenomenon of the separation of the soul and body? Who will recount to us the impressions of that solemn moment?
Science and religion are equally silent in reference to this matter"

A good conscience of having lived a good life and done all the good you could, will be your safeguard for a good position in the spiritual world. Life is evolution and progress, and evil is only a temporary state, the result of the childhood of the soul, wich is immortal, but still have much to learn. The more the soul learn, the better she becomes and the less she suffer. The idea of an evil force opposing God is a mistake.
God is Sovereign and good and just.

NRynes
19-04-2014, 05:50 PM
I've had two of what you call "near-death experiences" recently during a severe accident and the follow-up surgery. I am no longer afraid of the death of my body because I know now, in the core of my self, that I am a spiritual being and my spirit will go "home" when my body finally dies. Losing this fear of death, and understanding that life is about LIVING it to its fullest, has freed me to be who and what I truly am. It has opened the world to me all over again.

I do take exception, though, to the idea that we are the only species that knows we are going to die and that contemplate our own deaths. As a scientist, I can tell you that (at this point) we absolutely do no know exactly what goes on in the minds of other animals. It appears that some species actually do understand and contemplate death (elephants and dolphins are two species that may have some understanding of death).

Hope this helps,

Nancy

mindsoulconnet
26-04-2014, 05:18 PM
One should never be afraid of death if you die on the right side. For those who believe in Jesus.

lili
28-05-2014, 01:06 AM
One should never be afraid of death if you die on the right side. For those who believe in Jesus.

hi mindsoulconnect. I was wondering if you think the only "right side" is to "believe in Jesus". I am not going to challenge your words no matter what your response. I am just curious about what you wrote.

lili
28-05-2014, 01:13 AM
I do take exception, though, to the idea that we are the only species that knows we are going to die and that contemplate our own deaths. As a scientist, I can tell you that (at this point) we absolutely do no know exactly what goes on in the minds of other animals. It appears that some species actually do understand and contemplate death (elephants and dolphins are two species that may have some understanding of death).

Hope this helps,

NancyNancy, I would not be surprised to learn we are the only species that is innately unaware of the natural cycle of incarnating on earth. Excuse the double negative. I mean to say, I suspect that ALL other life forms that incarnate on earth may well be aware of the cycle as being natural.

Mazulu
28-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Nancy, I would not be surprised to learn we are the only species that is innately unaware of the natural cycle of incarnating on earth. Excuse the double negative. I mean to say, I suspect that ALL other life forms that incarnate on earth may well be aware of the cycle as being natural.

I think you are correct.

wolfmanthe1st
28-05-2014, 01:27 AM
There is absolutely no reason to fear death because it is not an end. Currently you are a spirit having a human experience. Home is the other side. Earth is a learning ground for those that are here. When your physical body dies where your spirit goes will be based upon how spiritually evolved you are. Not everyone goes to the same place. Those that are more developed will go to higher dimensions that those less developed. If a person has done bad things in a life they may go to a place in the fourth dimension for awhile. Those that commit murder or suicide may be stuck in the fourth dimension for several hundred years which actually is a small time considering how old we really are.

If you are really worried try doing past life regression or astral projection. If you are successful, what you experience will set your mind at ease that death is not an end.

baronesslucy
30-05-2014, 09:40 PM
The afterlife itself isn't scary to me. It's what happens prior to that that can be scary.

Tobi
31-05-2014, 01:59 AM
I agree with baronesslucy! I think the afterlife is going to be a great relief, after the dying process in many cases

lili
31-05-2014, 08:43 AM
The afterlife itself isn't scary to me. It's what happens prior to that that can be scary.

If you mean the dying process, I totally agree.
The dying process is frightening to me. Being back there will be great. I just do not want to go through the process of this physical form dying. I just hope it will be a fast process. Quick exit from a human form that has not suffered a lot with physical illness etc.

baronesslucy
31-05-2014, 11:25 PM
The experience of the dying process is different for each person. Family members of mine tended to cross over rather quickly after being serious ill. They never lingered for months or years some people do when they are seriously ill.

A friend of mine who was like my second mother had cancer for a couple of years but it was misdiagnosed and tests that should have been done weren't. She found out she had cancer the day after my mother's birthday. She only lived a couple of more months but the pain and suffering she went through before she passed over was very difficult to see. Sometimes I would cry with her in her difficult days.

I knew that once she had passed that all of her pain and suffering were gone. Even though I cried when she crossed over, I knew that her pain and suffering were gone.

lili
01-06-2014, 05:47 AM
A friend of mine who was like my second mother had cancer for a couple of years but it was misdiagnosed and tests that should have been done weren't. She found out she had cancer the day after my mother's birthday. She only lived a couple of more months but the pain and suffering she went through before she passed over was very difficult to see. Sometimes I would cry with her in her difficult days.

I knew that once she had passed that all of her pain and suffering were gone. Even though I cried when she crossed over, I knew that her pain and suffering were gone.
I think she was fortunate to have you to cry with during that time. Cancer is amongst those dreaded ways to pass. I wish everyone had a friend as loving as you to help them through that journey through the ending.

alban+355
11-06-2014, 11:17 PM
well first question is what we are, and then maybe think about appearing and disappearing as a body. If we are a body of course we day. If we are the mind of course we reincarnate. If we are what remains, we are not born nor die. As we are using the mind wich generats it all is very difficult to difene an answer for everybody

elisi
11-06-2014, 11:35 PM
i can only speak for myself. no, i have no fear of the afterlife.

all i can do is live my life as best i can and try to learn the lessons universe tosses in my path.

and when i shed this human shell, my 'belief' is, i'll be back in spirit form, our original form, until the next incarnation. but if that isn't what awaits us, then it is what it is-no use worrying about it while you're 'living'.

'that the birds of worry fly above your head, this you cannot change, but that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.'

-chinese proverb

Damian
12-06-2014, 04:46 AM
This is the only life there is. Enjoy.

Mazulu
12-06-2014, 04:54 AM

Wrong. There is a tonne of evidence of spirits, ghosts, near death experiences, reincarnation, and the list goes on. Furthermore, if quantum mechanics was interpreted as as spirit, it would make sense. Wave functions are waves of ... spirit.

Spook't
15-06-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm not afraid of the afterlife. I'm afraid of the process of death ... the pain and suffering. But I'm not afraid of the afterlife. I'm looking forward to it. No more being stuffed in this sick organic body .... awesome!

lili
15-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Damian, i am curious what your spiritual beliefs are. Of course this could be a deeply personal and inappropriate question which does not require an answer. Although if you would be interested in writing a bit about it, I would be interested in your beliefs. I became curious when you said "this is the only life there is". Thaks

tabytha
18-06-2014, 01:47 PM
I think I am more afraid of the actual process of passing away. The pain that potentially is involved mostly. But to be afraid of actually letting go and moving on..heck no!!!

LadyMay
18-06-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm not scared. But I've seen the Light before so I know it's where I'll go again. Dark forces only come to you if you allow them to through living a bad life, ect. What happens to you when you die is nothing but a reflection of your soul.

Also, even if you do end up in 'hell', you only have to call out for help (which is pretty natural thing to do) and the Light will take you away. I think you'll be fine, no need to worry :smile:

hi-c521
18-06-2014, 10:48 PM
I've had a near death experience and it was rather calming. I saw lots of visions of my horse and memories of him... what his life would be without me (not a good one) and I decided I wasn't ready to go yet. Everything felt bright and cheerful... or maybe that was me passing out from all the water in my lungs from drowning, who knows! All I know is that when I was pulled out of the water, I was cold and lifeless and I felt at peace.
Before that I was terrified to die, and I won't lie, I still sometimes think about it and am fearful and will lose sleep over it. I fear about being away from my loved ones most, and how long it will take me to find them in another life, or if I do, who they will be to me, etc...

lili
19-06-2014, 03:53 AM
... I won't lie, I still sometimes think about it and am fearful and will lose sleep over it. I fear about being away from my loved ones most, and how long it will take me to find them in another life, or if I do, who they will be to me, etc...
Perhaps you will find them on the other side. Quite a bit sooner than when you each may take another human body and incarnation. I think life on the other side is more awake than life here in the realm of forgetting (Forgetting so we may have opportunity to remember). On the other side I bet you will know exactly who they are.

hi-c521
19-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Perhaps you will find them on the other side. Quite a bit sooner than when you each may take another human body and incarnation. I think life on the other side is more awake than life here in the realm of forgetting (Forgetting so we may have opportunity to remember). On the other side I bet you will know exactly who they are.

I like that way of looking at it, thank you :hug2:

energyman1
19-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Lillij. Hello, I have just joined this forum and note you have fear of the afterlife. It is good you believe in the afterlife, that is a good start. In 1974 I had an NDE and it frightened the life out of me. That was simply because I had no idea what happened and there was no information about these phenomenon anywhere. It was not until a short time later I discovered what it was and I suddenly I realized what an amazing blessing it was. I had visited a dimension where the spirit goes when the body dies. It is a dimension of pure thought, thought has energy, and your spirit is energy, conscious energy. So when you pass your life energy moves to a higher dimension that is compatible with your thoughts. (Read Howard Storms book about this) Howard was asked a question about who gets to heaven, his answer was: "did you murder anyone? were you cruel and mean spirited? if the answer is no you are a shoe-in. I am not a saint and I found myself in a wonderful pastoral surrounding. So, there is nothing to fear. If you would to know more leave a message. Namaste, Chris

lili
22-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Lillij. Hello, I have just joined this forum and note you have fear of the afterlife. It is good you believe in the afterlife, that is a good start. In 1974 I had an NDE and it frightened the life out of me. That was simply because I had no idea what happened and there was no information about these phenomenon anywhere. It was not until a short time later I discovered what it was and I suddenly I realized what an amazing blessing it was. I had visited a dimension where the spirit goes when the body dies. It is a dimension of pure thought, thought has energy, and your spirit is energy, conscious energy. So when you pass your life energy moves to a higher dimension that is compatible with your thoughts. (Read Howard Storms book about this) Howard was asked a question about who gets to heaven, his answer was: "did you murder anyone? were you cruel and mean spirited? if the answer is no you are a shoe-in. I am not a saint and I found myself in a wonderful pastoral surrounding. So, there is nothing to fear. If you would to know more leave a message. Namaste, Chris
Hi Chris. While you did not write this to me, I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate reading your words. I have never had a NDE. Although I would have been grateful for one. I totally agree with you re the level/dimension/vibtation one goes to when they leave. It matching their vibration. And I also agree with what you wrote Howard Storm said. Religion has too often taught us to fear. To fear that we will be doomed to hell. It is a fear that keeps us from being in our power in the now. It is a fear that perpetuates judgement upon the self. When in fact there is no need for this judgement. The judgements keep us separated from our truth, our power, our heaven. Well, I guess I went off a bit on what I think. Anyway, thank you Chris. Sending lots of light for your light good heart

anthony c
22-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Hi
I hear what you guys are saying and it could be true but how do u really now??
What happens after death??If u mean by past life and do u know of any evidence??
what will happen if earth does not exist anymore??
I fear death but not that its a phobia, i love my life at this moment and want to stay as it is!!
thanks

LadyMay
22-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Hi
What happens after death??If u mean by past life and do u know of any evidence??
I fear death but not that its a phobia, i love my life at this moment and want to stay as it is!!
thanks

You can't really know. You can only accept that whatever happens will happen anyway. Be that no life after death or hell or heaven or reincarnation. Fear will not change reality. So no point entertaining it too much. Just live your life every moment as it is enjoying it every second of the way as you are doing and you'll be fine :smile:

lili
22-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Hi
thanks
Anthony, it must be tough when you love life ( this incarnation) so much, to think of it ending some day.

I "know" because I feel it in my heart. Thats the proof thats right for me. others need something different. I think that part of the expereince of having an incarnation is that most of us forget. There is a good purpose and reason for that. So what that means is that the memories that would serve as evidence are not remembered by most.

It is probably not possible for some people to believe what other people say. Its something each of us has to feel is right in our heart. Maybe for some that can only happen with evidence. But you are here. And perhaps your guides can supply the evidence you seek to soothe your concerns.

You ask what will happen if earth does not exist anymore. Sounds like you have a very strong affinity with earth. I do believe Earth WILL exist. Even better than ever. I wish I could say something that would help. But I know that my words fall way short of the evidence you seek.

Perhaps you can ask each night before sleep to recieve in your sleep, or be led to, the help that would be right for you, to experience or feel a deep understanding. Enough so you may feel peace and be released from these fears. I fear other things. It is what I came to work on. Each challenge/ fear or waatever, is worthy. As is yours. Just my thoughts for what they are worth :hug3:

lili
22-06-2014, 07:02 PM
I like that way of looking at it, thank you :hug2:
And thank you ! :hug2:

Rosemary
25-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi Lilly j. My brother has just left his body and I was so lucky to be with him when he passed over. That night I saw him in a vision. He was walking towards me looking happy and much slimmer and much younger than he was. Then I saw him playing football with some children. I asked my sister in law did he play football with children whilst on earth. She said all the time he played with his foster children. She said it was something he missed when he became paralysed from the waist down. So you see there is nothing to worry about when we go over. I am looking forward to it when it my turn to go.

Tommy lama
25-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Physical death is no more than a transition from awareness of the physical world to awareness of more subtle worlds. Experience in these other worlds is far more pleasant than our physical life. Imagine no more bills to pay, no more physical pain, no more stress. Not to mention rubbing elbows with the angels and being in closer proximity to Jesus and the Masters. I say bring it! The reason people are so afraid of dying has a lot to do with the Church's teachings of Heaven and Hell. To suggest a permanent reward is just as ludicrous as suggesting a permanent punishment. Life is all about gradual evolution of forms which become more and more aware of cosmic realities. We evolve slowly into divine consciousness. It takes a really long time. Our consciousness of our individual awareness does not die. Filters are lifted which prevent us from sensing deeper truth until it is time to reincarnate and get back on the Path in physical bodies. There are periods of reward and punishment after death, but they do not last forever.

UnicornRedefinesButt
25-06-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm very afraid of the afterlife, because the Idea of getting sent back to a place of inaction and regret from not maximizing what's here would haunt Me Forever, but as long as I'm here, then there's promise for life to give its returns from the old-simulacrum to Unleashed~Rainbows for the Will!

dadman
27-06-2014, 03:28 AM
I am not scared of the afterlife .... my hand is in the hand of the man who stills the water and the man who calms the Sea

spindarella
27-06-2014, 01:20 PM
I am anxious about death, im so afraid of being alone in the darkness without my husband. I know we all leave out bodys but i have a illness thats progressive and i know i ain't going to live long and im scared my husband will commit suicide when i die and then we may not go to the same place and we won't be together in our afterlife...

bartholomew
27-06-2014, 02:26 PM
I am anxious about death, im so afraid of being alone in the darkness without my husband. I know we all leave out bodys but i have a illness thats progressive and i know i ain't going to live long and im scared my husband will commit suicide when i die and then we may not go to the same place and we won't be together in our afterlife...

Set aside your fears. There is no hell. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. When we die we all start our new life by all going to the same place where happy reunions occur. Here we all meet people that we thought we'd never see again. There is absolutely no chance of you, or anyone else, being in darkness. It simply does not exist. If it happens that you pass before your husband you will have a chance to see that he is cared for. He will realize this too and not change his own course in life. This is the way it is. Set aside any fear that you may have.

I am an old man. My wife of 47 years died suddenly a few years ago. Since then she has come to visit me twice. I know she's OK. I'm OK. Everything is OK. There is no place for fear in my life and there should be none for you either.

Jenny Crow
27-06-2014, 02:58 PM
I am an old man. My wife of 47 years died suddenly a few years ago. Since then she has come to visit me twice. I know she's OK. I'm OK. Everything is OK. There is no place for fear in my life and there should be none for you either.

Bless you Bartholomew!:hug3:

bartholomew
27-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Bless you Bartholomew!:hug3:

Hugs to you too...

spindarella
27-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Thank you for putting my mind at ease, i really do understand what you just told me and i feel Better than i did earlier. Bless you Bartholomew x

spindarella
27-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Sorry i ment to say im sad your wife left this realm but i am happy that she is able to visit you to let you know she is safe and all is well. Bless you both x...

Raven Poet
28-06-2014, 03:25 AM
I wonder if it's an age thing - being afraid of the afterlife. I used to be, but as I've gotten older I feel closer to the beautiful world of spirit waiting for me to come home.

Maybe when we are younger we cling to life; but as we get older we realize death is a friendly passageway to peace and comfort. At least, if we have done our spiritual development work. I know other people my age who are afraid of dying, people who I don't see to be so spiritually in tune and are very much entangled in all the temporary pleasures of this physical world like fancy possessions, body, food and drink, sex, etc.

But then again, maybe when my time comes, I'll be digging my claws into my own deathbed going "Uh-uh, I wanna stay here!"

I just hope my Dad comes to me as an usher for my journey home!:hug3:

yellow
28-06-2014, 09:53 AM
I wonder if it's an age thing - being afraid of the afterlife. I used to be, but as I've gotten older I feel closer to the beautiful world of spirit waiting for me to come home.

We are all learning, aren't we.

bartholomew
28-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Thank you for putting my mind at ease, i really do understand what you just told me and i feel Better than i did earlier. Bless you Bartholomew x

Thank you too.

Miss Hepburn
29-06-2014, 10:57 PM
I think the op would like to hear from Tony Stubbs.
There are some Youtubes.

You will see what I mean.

Arcturus
30-06-2014, 09:33 AM
answering as if i was sure of an afterlife, which im not, im not afraid of it per se. when i got very ill with pneumonia i had visions of death and dying and tbh, when it was closer to my door, i did feel fear...but more a case because i don't want to leave whilst things are not straight in my life.

SemperVI
06-07-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm scared of jumping spiders, snakes in trees and quick sand. Jumping spiders freak me out

helenb
10-07-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure what scares me more. Ceasing to exist whatsoever after death, or my soul continuing on to live "forever".

deepsea
10-07-2014, 02:31 PM
I always feel that dying is like going on holiday....to a beautiful place but we don't come back home at the end of the holiday....:smile:

Native spirit
10-07-2014, 05:52 PM
:smile: There is no need to fear death as there is no death only eternal life, your soul carries on its just your body that dies,there are no wars only peace and beauty in the spirit world, no illness what could be better you meet up with lost loved ones if you want too. you still carry on learning there just as you do here,some will reincarnate others wont,it depends what you have learned, i walk my fimal path i wont be back and im glad about that.i have lived many life times ,others may have not. to me its going home.

Namaste

deepsea
10-07-2014, 08:26 PM

Maybe when we are younger we cling to life; but as we get older we realize death is a friendly passageway to peace and comfort. At least, if we have done our spiritual development work. I know other people my age who are afraid of dying, people who I don't see to be so spiritually in tune and are very much entangled in all the temporary pleasures of this physical world like fancy possessions, body, food and drink, sex, etc.

But then again, maybe when my time comes, I'll be digging my claws into my own deathbed going "Uh-uh, I wanna stay here!"

I just hope my Dad comes to me as an usher for my journey home!:hug3:

I think we all grow older,we accept that physical death may not be far away.
I've lived my life as best as I can,just getting a little wearier of all the problems in that life. I just can't wait!...:D

bartholomew
10-07-2014, 09:22 PM
I've lived my life as best as I can,just getting a little wearier of all the problems in that life. I just can't wait!...:D

I'm ready as well...

deepsea
11-07-2014, 10:45 AM
That makes two of us!...Anyone else want to join the ride?....:wink:

knightofalbion
11-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Death: There is nothing to be scared of. It's merely a transition from one state of being to another. As natural to the spirit as the changing of the seasons.

The thing is to make the most of the time that we have here i.e. learning, growing (in wisdom and love), Service ...

Life is a blessing. To be spiritually awakened is a double blessing. So seize the moment ...

knightofalbion
11-07-2014, 12:15 PM
That makes two of us!...Anyone else want to join the ride?....:wink:

I have a bit more to wring out of this earthly life yet ...

deepsea
11-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Good for you,KnightofAlbion.....Enjoy your life to the full....like I have....

But I'm ready to go now to enjoy what the spirit world has in store for me...

Good to see you on here.....

Deepsea.:smile:

lili
13-07-2014, 02:33 AM
I too am looking forward to it. The veil of forgetting on earth in human form can cause people to become fearful. I think for some people religion has caused fear of death.

The way I see it is that THIS is the hard thing......doing a human incarnation. I am looking forward to going back to my regular life. Apparantly it is not time quite yet. But I DO look forward to it. Although I do not want to leave by means of a long illness. Faster the better for me. Preferably just leave in my sleep. I do look forward to it, indeed. Been kicking around in this human form and incarnation for a lot of decades.

deepsea
13-07-2014, 09:28 AM
All in favour there,Lili....I feel I have done as much in this life as I possibly could.....Raised two children,worked all my life,made some wonderful friends,travelled to see the world.....I'm tired now....

Ralph
23-07-2014, 04:45 AM
I'm one of the few ones (maybe the only one) who can remember what the terms were to be born as human being before he was born from his biological (earthly) mother. The first and most important rule you had to agree to before you were born was that after you die you wil let 'the Lord and Master (= probably God)' blow his trumpet and blow your 'house' (your astral projection in the afterlife) away, only your deeds will remain and will be written in the annals of human history. I believe there is probably no heaven nor a hell, you simply will get blown away and vanish.

deepsea
23-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Interesting to read....do you believe in an afterlife?
We lose the physical body and exist as spirit until we reincarnate once again.

Ralph
23-07-2014, 02:49 PM
After I wrote this I have given it some more thought and I also have a memory where I am standing in the Dark and being asked if I would take a step forwards so I could make room for the next one behind me. I remember that I was scared to move and couldn't even remember how to move at all. Somebody then whispered to me that that didn't matter and that I should just focus on the white pinhole I could see in the distance and visualize myself going in there. That then happened and I 'fell' into the next place (or maybe better said the next phase). I remember to have been in a few places before I was born on earth but it's difficult for me to say what the exact chronological order was. I'm quit sure though this happened before I heard the terms I wrote of before so that could mean we reincarnate instead of just beeing blown away. To tell you the truth none of the spirits i've met ever explained me what will happen after death. When I asked questions about that matter they all seem to be saying that they don't know what will happen to me ('afterdeath' is a place even they are not allowed to enter) and how happy they are to be able to 'live' forever and that in the cause they would accidentely die they were sure that it was arranged for them that they would 'make a soft landing' (which I also don't know the meaning of).

Personally (consiousnally) I hope there's reincarnating because I like to be on earth... Even if it's kinda cold compared to some of the other places ;)

Adamsmom
23-07-2014, 06:17 PM
I too am looking forward to it. The veil of forgetting on earth in human form can cause people to become fearful. I think for some people religion has caused fear of death.

The way I see it is that THIS is the hard thing......doing a human incarnation. I am looking forward to going back to my regular life. Apparantly it is not time quite yet. But I DO look forward to it. Although I do not want to leave by means of a long illness. Faster the better for me. Preferably just leave in my sleep. I do look forward to it, indeed. Been kicking around in this human form and incarnation for a lot of decades.

I am with you on this. I am not afraid of dying. It is the process that I fear. The quicker the better.

L lawliett
23-07-2014, 06:30 PM
We should not fear death, it is the life which gives us most pain, death free us from suffering.

faerieseer
29-07-2014, 03:55 AM
Yeah, any anxiety i have on the subject has to do with HOW my body dies, not of waking up in gods mind afterwards.

deepsea
29-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Yeah, any anxiety i have on the subject has to do with HOW my body dies, not of waking up in gods mind afterwards.

I just love your answer....:wink: The way I think too......

Deepsea

lili
30-07-2014, 08:37 AM

yes. I am sure that i will be on a desirable vibrational plane when I pass from this form. I just am concerned about the pain the body will have to endure before I can exit. I really want a quick painless exit. I look forward to being back on the other side. It will be wonderful once the transition is completed.

paradigm13
30-07-2014, 10:56 PM
I used to be years ago until I started watching this user on Youtube. There's over 100 NDE Video stories. I'm pretty sure after watching all those your fear will vanish. They are too well designed and organized to be any trick of the brain or hallucination.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NDEaccounts/videos

Charlie Chaplin
25-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm not afraid to die so much; but rather where I'm going. I believe that I'm headed for the bad place which is why I'm in no hurry to face the end.:icon_frown:

bartholomew
25-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm not afraid to die so much; but rather where I'm going. I believe that I'm headed for the bad place which is why I'm in no hurry to face the end.:icon_frown:

After death we meet our guides who assist us in a cleansing of the negatives from the Earth life just past. Then we return to our homes in the spirit world where we continue the lives we were engaged in before we came to Earth.

There is no punishment in heaven but there's no escape from our deeds either. When we misbehave here on Earth we set ourselves up for repeats in future lifetimes until we get it right.

Ain't no such thing as hell or damnation or any of that.

deepsea
25-08-2014, 06:42 PM
A good way to look at it...:D

Like coming home after a bad holiday.....:icon_frown:

lili
27-08-2014, 06:29 AM
............There is no punishment in heaven.....
There is no punishment in heaven. But there is the punishment we can impose on ourseves that keep us from heaven (higher vibrational) realms on the other side. Just like self judgement can keep us from heaven on earth realms. Just my opinion

bartholomew
27-08-2014, 07:17 AM
There is no punishment in heaven. But there is the punishment we can impose on ourseves that keep us from heaven (higher vibrational) realms on the other side. Just like self judgement can keep us from heaven on earth realms. Just my opinion

"Heaven" is just a word which means "spirit world". As such we all go there by default after death. There's no alternative in this. When a man who is overly burdened with negativity, like Hitler, dies he is met by his guide who takes him to a place of isolation where he stays for as long as it takes for him to awaken. Then the usual process of learning and preparation for a next lifetime resumes.

TommyHG
27-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Whatever it was, it led me to the notion that death was just the continuation of life by other means..

StopTheInsanity
30-08-2014, 03:22 PM

Our God is nothing but Love, Mercy, and Compassion...I'll try to be your mother, sweetheart...I don't believe our Creator designed death to be scary for us...Sleep is the closest we come...So you go to sleep lil girl, and your Father will carry you to bed and you will wake up in a different bed in the morning, just as when we are about to pass over, angels come to us and carry us to the Paradise in the Hereafter...

Just remember, the more you learn of God, and live the Commandments, and practice mutual love in all circumstances, the less you will be afraid of departing from this world to the next...I, personally, can't wait to see what's in store for us on the other side, as I know for certain that this world is nothing in comparison...I'm 72, and have learned a lot of valuable lessons in this life, some painful, some not)...And, I've seen what appeared to be an almost innocent world of the fifties disappear through the years to a world and a country, and people headed for hell in this life...So I understand what you mean by scary...But to tell you the truth, everything is scary but God...But even loving God is a gift which only comes when you live His way, which by comparison, is easy compared to Hell's way...Look at all the slaves, and zombies out there addicted to drugs, and/or alcohol, money, possessions, fraud, deceit, and lusts of the flesh, etc...Wish you well in your journey through this life...Stay on the right path and you will be OK and should have absolutely no fear when you finally reach your final destination...HEAVEN!...HalleluYAH

Florence
06-10-2014, 05:09 PM
I also was afraid of death because of the unknown. My sister in law died about 2 years ago and has visited me on many occasions. I now believe 100% that there is an afterlife and there is no reason to be afraid of death.

Classic
09-10-2014, 03:33 AM
I am if it's true that it's a abyss of loneliness and silent darkness. I'm not worried at all that will happen though.

Swami Chihuahuananda
15-10-2014, 07:22 PM
I used to be afraid because I was a miserable, insane , alcoholic . Death at that point would not have been a good idea, and I knew it .

Not so now, some 25 years later . Can hardly wait to get my ticket punched
:D zoom zoom

Classic
15-10-2014, 07:26 PM
What if questions are the ones that scare me the most. What if all the religions have it right, and we end up in a lake of fire. Or are apart of the Devil's army and forced to do sickening things. It's that "unknown" factor that will ALWAYS keep me restless at night when it comes to afterlife possibilities.

LadyMay
15-10-2014, 07:37 PM
What if questions are the ones that scare me the most. What if all the religions have it right, and we end up in a lake of fire. Or are apart of the Devil's army and forced to do sickening things. It's that "unknown" factor that will ALWAYS keep me restless at night when it comes to afterlife possibilities.

Can you imagine a parent sending their child to hell in the name of 'love'?

There's nothing to fear, death is nothing to worry about. :smile: Have you read some NDE stories? Read the positive ones. That might help a bit.

Classic
15-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Can you imagine a parent sending their child to hell in the name of 'love'?

There's nothing to fear, death is nothing to worry about. :smile: Have you read some NDE stories? Read the positive ones. That might help a bit.

Well technically the guy that rules doesn't have to be loving. For all we know he is psychopathic and upon death will makes feel pain and horror. I have however come to terms with death as of right now that is. I remember feeling the lowest ever when I believed that Death brought the end of all things and I'd be abyss of nothingness(positive) for all eternity.

The NDE stories kinda make me cringed, with how much religious figures like Jesus and St Paul being in them. I'd feel much better with a netural figure appearing to me after I die and not Jesus or some other religious figure. But that's just me.

LadyMay
15-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Well technically the guy that rules doesn't have to be loving. For all we know he is psychopathic and upon death will makes feel pain and horror. I have however come to terms with death as of right now that is. I remember feeling the lowest ever when I believed that Death brought the end of all things and I'd be abyss of nothingness(positive) for all eternity.

The NDE stories kinda make me cringed, with how much religious figures like Jesus and St Paul being in them. I'd feel much better with a netural figure appearing to me after I die and not Jesus or some other religious figure. But that's just me.

God could be a psychopath but there's so many reasons why logically that can't make sense.

You haven't been reading the right NDE's then :) Most people see religious figures like Jesus because that's who they were exposed to as a child. Christianity is very well known.

But there are many other NDE's which are more neutral and which involve experiences with family and other beings and even extraterrestrial species. When you die if you don't want to see Jesus then you won't, unless it's needed for a specific reason. When I had my NDE-like experience and saw 'the Light' I experienced it as a Father God because that is what I needed for healing the religious patriarchal and narcissistic fatherly abuse which had been done to me. After my experience I was very confused and I couldn't accept it for a long time. But now I know I needed it for the sake of healing.

When I die I know I won't experience religious figures because I don't believe in that stuff and now there is no need to. Instead I'll maybe visit my mother first (because she likely will have died before me) and then go back to the realm I belong where my friends (soulgroup) are waiting for me.

Funnily enough though I feel like I know Jesus and might see him at some point. But again that could be because I know his presence from my mother's Christianity.

esotericaljunky
26-10-2014, 12:44 AM
Glad to say my NDE was free of any so called religious figure! I'm looking forward to returning Home!

Miss Hepburn
26-10-2014, 01:07 AM
I think this life scares me way more than the Afterlife!

Classic
26-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Glad to say my NDE was free of any so called religious figure! I'm looking forward to returning Home!

I once fell unconsciousness and in a blink was back on to myself. But right before that happen, it really felt like I was being born again. Everyone around me and everything near me looked super new. It was only for a few seconds bu t I actually got excited thinking I reincarnated right then and there. Overthinking it though it did made me feel there wasn't a god and no afterlife just pop your right into the next life.

esotericaljunky
26-10-2014, 02:56 AM
In my NDE I never met anyone else, and yet I never felt alone. Near the end of my NDE I was spoken to telepathically, but I never saw who it was!

When I do get Home I'll not be wanting to return to this particular world because its run by madmen!

Maybe this is the naughty planet and were all serving some kind of karmic prison sentence!

KevinO
26-10-2014, 03:41 AM
I agree with Miss Hepburn, if existence as a human on earth does not scare the hell out of you, nothing will.

esotericaljunky
26-10-2014, 12:53 PM
the System, of which we are all a part of, conditions each individual part of the System to fuel up on fear.

from the moment we step outside the sanctuary of the womb
we tread a weary path dressed in gloom
until we come to the realisation that this Life
is truly bathed in Eternal Light
only then will we see with perfect sight.

DesertRose
26-10-2014, 10:27 PM
What's there to be afraid of?
You're going Home.. :smile:

bartholomew
26-10-2014, 10:27 PM

What we experience in the first moments after death is dependent greatly upon our expectations. Thus religious folks often meet God or Jesus where others meet friends or relatives. A human soul has the power to appear as any person to one crossing over. We all have guides though and these eventually make their presence known. They must because it is they who escort us through the process of cleansing away the negatives of the Earth from the lifetime just past. They show us the way home to our eternal lives as souls which were interrupted while we had a body/personality as Earthlings. Later, after assimiliation and study we prepare to return again to Earth for a new body and personality. When Christianity tells us we only live once they are correct. The personality is a product of the body. It is not eternal. It passes away yielding to the soul; But the soul remembers all of it's past personalities and can can call any of them forth at need. It is the soul that projects into Earth lives. Each time with a new personality. So one can see, then, how reincarnation when it refers to "us" living more than one life, is false. Before the end we will have all been male, female, all racial groups, gay and straight, ugly, beautiful, rich and poor, stupid and smart, ordinary and distinguished leaders or common folk. We all will be treated both harshly and with respect. Why? Because all of these contain the lessons that Earth has for us. They are the reason God made the Earth in the first place. Why all of this? We did not "fall to Earth because of original sin. We were intended to be here in the first place. So we can develop wisdom. Why this? Because we all will eventually evolve into Gods in our own right. This is the force which results from God's intelligent design of this temporary and finite universe. It is the reason. While limited by these Earth minds is is difficult to see clearly. This is why new souls on Earth need religion. It provides them with the basics from which they will move forward. Wisdom is not the result of knowledge or faith. Those two always come first.

Why are there so many religions and why do we always manage to fight about what they say? This is because we all are of differing levels of experience, we all have different needs. Mainly is it because the Earth is a place of opposites. Polarity is the word which describes this best. There is little harmony here and for good reason. It is for each of us to overcome it all through personal effort which leads to increased consciousness. In politics, social and religious life we are reminded of this. If the Earth were a perfect Garden of Eden it would be pointless to come here and God would be wasting His time with us.

Last note... The oft mentioned Kingdom of God refers to the condition of the Earth that results from when most of humanity has learned. This is when Satan will be shut up, for a while. One way to become aware of all this is to study scripture. Another is to meditate. Study and meditation are closely attuned.

esotericaljunky
27-10-2014, 12:10 PM
I was in my early teens and had a non religious upbringing of which I am thankful because it meant my NDE was not influenced.

My thoughts on NDE's and what are experienced:

Our imagination is more powerful than we know, and those folk who see a particular religious figure or 'visit' heaven or hell are merely experiencing what their imaginations have created.

Peace.