PDA

View Full Version : Root Chakra

kundalini
05-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi all,

The root chakra ( muladhara ) is the chakra of grounding amongst other qualities. However, there is conflicting information available on where this chakra is actually situated.

There are those who say that the root chakra is located at the base of the spine ( and I would imagine there is perhaps supposed to be a corresponding root chakra at the front too ) and yet there are others who state that it is located in the area of the perineum.

My own senses tell me that the Root Chakra is located in the perineum area.

Has anyone else got their own ideas about where the Root Chakra is based, or any thoughts about this subject in general?

Thanks for reading,

Kundalini.

daisy
05-11-2006, 01:33 AM
that's where i believe it to be too k

Enlightener
05-11-2006, 01:55 AM
What is the perenium? Is that the front side of your body near the base of your spine??

I have been told and always thought that it was at the base of the spine, because your spine is like the thing that holds you up, so having the root chakra there always seemed logical to me...?

Enlightener

kundalini
05-11-2006, 02:19 AM
Well, perhaps it is reasons like that Enlightner, that there seems to be a difference of opinion about the whole thing. The perineum is the skin/area between the genitals and the anus.

The thing with the Root Chakra is that if it is for grounding energies, then would it actually not make sense that it would be present at the perineum rather than at the base of the spine. Were it at the base of the spine, would that not mean that there would also be another root chakra at the front too, as many depictions of the chakra systems indicate?

As I said before, my senses tell me it is based where the perineum is and a solitary chakra too in that it does not have a corresponding chakra, very much like the Crown Chakra at the top of the head.

Kundalini.

Moonflower
05-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi Kundalini

It is written traditionally & mentions some 88,000 chakras all over the body forty being secondary in the spleen, back of the neck, palms of the hands & soles of the feet but seven being the primary chakras each being a vortex of energy that spins at different speeds, but it is said that the true place for the chakras is in the ethereal body where they appear as funnel shaped petals (nadis) four being at the root area & up to 1,000 at the crown. The root chakra is at the pubic bone area & as you know is the colour red & the slowest to spin..

However when we are working with the kundalini release we have to allow the anal muscles to relax so that the energy to flow up to the crown maybe this is where some of the confusion arises!! What do you think Kundalini?

I believe that a lot of problems with the youth of today, dysfunctional adults is because their chakras from the root to the heart have closed down leaving just the throat, third eye & crown open, adults & children alike can be balanced unblocking their chakras with healing, opening them so that the energy flows like a free flowing river so that they become balanced..

Namaste Moonflower

kundalini
05-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi Moonflower, that is a very well-informed reply and most interesting about the depiction of the nadis. I knew about this but it always good to get your memory refreshed about things such as these from time to time.

Earlier on, when I said that my senses tell me that the root chakra is at the perineum, I meant exactly that. I have felt releases of energy there but never at the bottom of the spine or it's corresponding location on the front of the body.

I would like to hear more opinions on this matter.

Thanks for reading,

Kundalini.

Moonflower
05-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi Kundalini

It sounds to me as if you are releasing the kundalini in that area there is a little exercise that you can do to ascertain whether that is what is happening let me know if you are not aware of how to do the basic excercise for this.

Love & Light

Moonflower

daisy
05-11-2006, 12:29 PM
i thought all the 'main' chakras were in a really straight line from top to bottom, but i don't know much about them really but that's what i thought ,all in line and all spinning means youre balanced nicely, correct me if i'm wrong xx

Moonflower
05-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Hi Daisy

Yes they are daisy but that only relates to the seven primary chakras from the root to the crown.

Moonflower x

kundalini
05-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi Moonflower, I have access to kundalini exercises but I have never done them. I don't think I am ready to do such powerful spiritual exercises and there is said to be much danger in attempting kundalini-raising exercises before one is truly ready.

It is said that doing this before a person is ready, can lead to madness.

Hi daisy, as Moonflower said, all the main chakras in line and spinning the correct way generally means that you would be well-balanced.

Moonflower, where do you believe the root chakra to reside?

Kundalini.

Moonflower
05-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi Kundalini the root chakra is located on the pubic bone area, as for the Kundalini release there are ways of partly releasing it without releasing the root chakra or the third eye but using the fifth eye..

Namaste Moonflower

kundalini
05-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi Moonflower, I don't mean to argue your beliefs but how can you be so sure that the root chakra is located at the pubic bone? Have you seen or sensed it there? What I really mean is have you sensed it psychically and not just thought about it intellectually? Again, I don't mean to argue but I wish to clarify your sources...

Tell me more about this fifth eye...it's a notion I have not heard of before...

Thanks for reading,

Kundalini.

~Jay~
05-11-2006, 02:02 PM
This is a very timely thread, as I was thinking about mentioning this very subject yesterday. I, too have been confused over the supposed location of the root chakra, with different people stating it to be in two different places.

I have an almost constant buzzing/vibrating feeling at the base of my spine, at the "tail bone", which I first became aware of when my kundalini energy kicked in properly at the beginning of this year. I wondered what the heck it was at first, but then all the other amazing things started to happen just after I started to feel this energy, and it became apparent that this was the 'serpent energy' located at the base of the spine/root chakra that had become activated. This was also confirmed by an experienced friend of mine when I described my symptoms.

I have read where each chakra has an entry point and an exit point, ie. the third eye's entry point is on the brow between the eyebrows, and the exit point will be at the back of the head in line with the eyebrows. So my latest theory is that this energy I can feel is maybe the exit point of the root? I also feel energy at the perinium, although it isn't as strong. But it is only a theory, of course, and I'm honestly quite confused about it! :wink:

Moonflower
05-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi Kundalini :wink:

Yes I have experienced it myself but you do have to have a partner who is understanding who you can trust implicitly I do not know quite how to explain it but I will try!! When making love a woman does not dissipate energy but the male does unless he practices the 10,000 stroke practice before he ejaculates if he ejaculates too soon his energy is dissipated hence the male wanting to sleep, rest after but when the 10,000 stroke is practices instead of the male energy being dissipated he is re-energised it takes quite a lot of practice lol, but during the act of lovemaking the male & female exchange energies that they can both feel if they are both aware & in tune with their own bodies the exchange of energy is felt in the pubic bone area of both parties. I hope this explains it a little clearer!

The fifth eye is located in the center of the forehead and increases the higher mind for creative thinking, we also have the seventh eye up from the fifth eye & about 1/4 to 1" above the hairline makes you more aware on the soul level & communication with your higher self.

Moonflower x

daisy
05-11-2006, 06:11 PM
ooooh those other 'eyes' sound fascinating, has anyone any further info please xxx

kundalini
06-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi Moonflower,

Interesting post. So your position is that a person's root chakra is located where the pubic bone is and also the base of the spine...

I'm not totally convinced but I can certainly see why you would believe that...

The plot thickens!

cweiters
06-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Kundalini I was thought the root chakra is one inch above the perineum of both male and female.

Love
cw

Hi all,

The root chakra ( muladhara ) is the chakra of grounding amongst other qualities. However, there is conflicting information available on where this chakra is actually situated.

There are those who say that the root chakra is located at the base of the spine ( and I would imagine there is perhaps supposed to be a corresponding root chakra at the front too ) and yet there are others who state that it is located in the area of the perineum.

My own senses tell me that the Root Chakra is located in the perineum area.

Has anyone else got their own ideas about where the Root Chakra is based, or any thoughts about this subject in general?

Thanks for reading,

Kundalini.

kundalini
06-11-2006, 01:55 AM
Kundalini I was thought the root chakra is one inch above the perineum of both male and female.

Love
cw

The plot thickens even more!

daisy
06-11-2006, 08:04 AM
lol where will it end!!

cweiters
06-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Thank you Kundalini for a good laugh this morning. I am laughing so hard I can hardly type ha..........hee.......:D :D don't pay men any attention I'm still learning.

Love
cw

The plot thickens even more!

Enlightener
16-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi Moonflower, I have access to kundalini exercises but I have never done them. I don't think I am ready to do such powerful spiritual exercises and there is said to be much danger in attempting kundalini-raising exercises before one is truly ready.
It is said that doing this before a person is ready, can lead to madness.
Kundalini.

This must have been what happened to me. I wasn't ready for it, actually I was totally unaware that it was happening at the time.

Enlightener

kundalini
16-11-2006, 01:24 AM
This must have been what happened to me. I wasn't ready for it, actually I was totally unaware that it was happening at the time.

Enlightener

Don't worry too much about it Enlightener. It is entirely possible that I too have already had a kundalini awakening through drug use when I was younger. In my opinion, things like this can only affect you if you choose to allow it to.

Kundalini.

Enlightener
16-11-2006, 04:18 AM
Yes, but I had the whole hog, I went completely mad, had psychosis. Don't get me wrong I loved every minute of being insane, and the experience I had during my 'spiritual awakening' was awesome, but...I feel like saying 'but' here...I got nothing, lol.

I did choose to go insane though, it was a fantasy of mine, which suprisingly became a reality.

Enlightener

kundalini
16-11-2006, 05:11 AM
Law Of Attraction dude.

Kundalini.

daisy
16-11-2006, 09:27 PM
you naughty boys!!

kundalini
16-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Hi daisy, seriously if you want to see some more of my thoughts about drug use, check out the thread entitled 'psychedelics'.

Kundalini.

daisy
16-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi daisy, seriously if you want to see some more of my thoughts about drug use, check out the thread entitled 'psychedelics'.

Kundalini.

i will do k it both fascinates and scares me i've never used them myself but can appreciate some work created while taking them:wink: some of our best music for example

kundalini
16-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I don't want to go to much off topic but whilst a lot of the lyrics/music that stems from the artist on drugs is amazing, you only have to look at their personal lives to see the negative effects of drug use.

Kundalini.