PDA

View Full Version : I haven't felt Gods presence yet. What should I do?

Nictorious
12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I've been living spiritually over the past four weeks. Its improved my life but I haven't experienced anything major to show me that God is really with me. What should I do? I really want this.

bbr
12-04-2011, 04:05 PM
We can feel the presence of the creative energy that's responsible for life, at all times Nic. I'd suggest you focus on that truth, and not worry about experiencing supersensible happenings.

Internal Queries
12-04-2011, 04:12 PM
hmmm maybe the improvement in your life IS "God's" presence making His/Her/It's Self known to you.

just a thought.

HBuck72
12-04-2011, 04:25 PM
What do you mean you have been "living spiritually" for 4 weeks? Have you been meditating?, praying?, reading sacred writings? The path towards spiritual development is not an instantaneous event. Usually the path towards spiritual development takes months, years, or even lifetimes to accomplish, so 4 weeks is not necessarily a long period of time. However, the work that you do, and the sacred writings that you study, will act like a software program running in the background of your mind, that will help your personal and spiritual development, even when you think that it is not helping.

Sometimes people look for some big miraculous event, or a shock of energy to feel God's presence. More often than not it is subtle reminders, the chill up your spine when you have a happy/loving thought, or when you feel a warm breeze on a beautiful sunny day, etc.

God is inside of you in the form of the divine spark of life, and surrounds you in the world that he/she/it has created around you. In order to tap into this energy, try to be in the present in the moment and notice the mystery of life that surrounds you. Appreciate this mystery, live in this mystery, and love the mystery as God loves you.

Nictorious
12-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

What do you mean you have been "living spiritually" for 4 weeks? Have you been meditating?, praying?, reading sacred writings? The path towards spiritual development is not an instantaneous event. Usually the path towards spiritual development takes months, years, or even lifetimes to accomplish, so 4 weeks is not necessarily a long period of time. However, the work that you do, and the sacred writings that you study, will act like a software program running in the background of your mind, that will help your personal and spiritual development, even when you think that it is not helping.

Sometimes people look for some big miraculous event, or a shock of energy to feel God's presence. More often than not it is subtle reminders, the chill up your spine when you have a happy/loving thought, or when you feel a warm breeze on a beautiful sunny day, etc.

God is inside of you in the form of the divine spark of life, and surrounds you in the world that he/she/it has created around you. In order to tap into this energy, try to be in the present in the moment and notice the mystery of life that surrounds you. Appreciate this mystery, live in this mystery, and love the mystery as God loves you.

Well what I mean by living spiritually is I have tried to put God before everything else in my life everyday. I've been praying everyday. Study everyday. Throughout the day I would affirm my trust in God many times. My trust that God is providing everything I need. That all things work for good for they who love God. I've tried to be more righteous and disciplined. I've been doing things that I should be doing but don't feel like doing for the sake of God. I've done things I would never do before. I cleaned out and redesigned my entire bedroom. I've been giving my dad money to help out with bills. I gave my familys dog a bath. I've donated money. I don't think God owes me anything for doing these things, I'm just expaining what I've been doing. I think I'm going to practice living in Gods presence and see how that works.

bbr
12-04-2011, 05:23 PM
I've tried to be more righteous and disciplined. I've been doing things that I should be doing but don't feel like doing for the sake of God. I've done things I would never do before. I cleaned out and redesigned my entire bedroom. I've been giving my dad money to help out with bills. I gave my familys dog a bath. I've donated money.
The universe is obviously active in your life and providing you with what you need.

You're healthy and you're here, aren't you?
Being disciplined gives you a good feeling about yourself, right?
Your clean bedroom makes you feel better somehow, correct?
Helping your father out, caring for animals, and donating creates positive energy around you, does it not?

Can you feel all that positivity in your life and environment? That's all you need -- creating and maintaining that feeling. :wink:

unus supra
12-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Look for it. In everything you do. ponder the shape of your computer. But when you look at it, try to use the mind that doesnt know. imagine you are experiencing something new and unfamiliar with the mundane and really study it in a questioning manner.

Likewise. Ask. out loud before bed, to whoever, to the wall.

say look, i really want a clear sign that God is with me. And mean it, generate the emotional energy, and dont stop asking! Dont ask for proof, ask to see! It wont prove itself it doesnt need to, it will show itself, and in that you will have your proof.

most important, after that, is pay close attention to your life. the signs that keep popping up in your field of vision, the words you keep hearing on tv or from the mouths of people you know, things of that nature. Imagine a busy street, with people jostling to get by each other. Each person constantly has in their field of vision a multitude of things, unless they are plugged into a brain drain machine. The thing is, when you are sitting there right now and your head absentmindedly shoots to the left or right YOU MUST SEE WHAT YOUR EYES POINT TO thats the key. Everyone is constantly being bombarded by it, but they are lost in their heads so where there eyes point, or their ears turn, or their nose sniffs they neither see nor hear nor smell.

if you have ears LISTEN

seek and you WILL find. when the time is right, throwing your pen in the air will be the difinitive univeral statement that you are rocking this whole bad boy together. resplendent with a big cheesy grin and heart that is at ease.

dont stop, dont give up, MEAN IT because its FOR YOU!

good luck, nah if you do what i just said, you wont need luck.

thats my personal promise

Silver
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

Well what I mean by living spiritually is I have tried to put God before everything else in my life everyday. I've been praying everyday. Study everyday. Throughout the day I would affirm my trust in God many times. My trust that God is providing everything I need. That all things work for good for they who love God. I've tried to be more righteous and disciplined. I've been doing things that I should be doing but don't feel like doing for the sake of God. I've done things I would never do before. I cleaned out and redesigned my entire bedroom. I've been giving my dad money to help out with bills. I gave my familys dog a bath. I've donated money. I don't think God owes me anything for doing these things, I'm just expaining what I've been doing. I think I'm going to practice living in Gods presence and see how that works.

I think that's really cool that you're doing all those things you didn't used to do. Maybe you expected more outward appreciation or recognition for them as a partial answer to your query...maybe the dog wags his tail more and seems happy for the attention? It's the continuation of doing all those extras when one reasonably can realize how those acts are affecting people for the better perhaps, putting yourself in others' shoes, be the dog you give a bath, be the dad who gets the extra money to help the fam finances, maybe that is part of the answer, idk. Good on you, Nictorious, good on you~*

Nictorious
12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Bbr, you are one hundred percent right. Those activities brought so much positivity in my life.

Supra, thanks for the advice. I will definitely apply it and get back to you on the results.

Silvergirl, its not that I want attention for those activities. I just want the comfort of knowing that a real force is with me. I am at the beginning of my practice, and I don't want to feel like I'm just fooling myself or hypnotizing myself with affirmations.

A couple events did occur that might have been caused by my spiritual practice.
- After affirming my trust in God many times daily for a couple days, this guy came into where I work with a red pamphlet that said "trust God" all over it. (That felt amazing)
- After filling my mind with love, music became extremely deep and meaningful and I felt like I was trancending normal reality. It was a short experience, but beautiful and indescribable. I wish I could go back to that place.
- This morning I woke up a little later than usual for work. But I woke up in a unusual way. It felt like someone tapped my arm like five times really fast to wake me up, but no one was there. I don't want to automatically assume this was because of my spiritual practice, but nothing like this ever happened to me before and it did feel like the Spirit woke me up. I'm not 100% sure though, I guess ill learn more along my path.

What do you guys think about these occurences?

Shabda
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Love, be forgiving, and be grateful...do this consistently with no thought of reward or benefit, and you will be amazed at just what you see...

Spiritlite
12-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Are you possibly trying too hard? When I try to hard to feel God or Angels, or whatever I don't try to hard and I say for example "God help me feel you I put this in your hands, you will do this when the time is right". Another way is to imagine God with you all the time, your friend standing right near you.
Have you ever read Conversations with God? ANytime I feel apart from God I read a book (there are three in the series) and I feel very close to God.
Spiritlite.

blackraven
13-04-2011, 01:43 AM
I've been living spiritually over the past four weeks. Its improved my life but I haven't experienced anything major to show me that God is really with me. What should I do? I really want this.

Nictorious - But you have. God is present with you in everything you do. Countless men and women before you have tested God's presence and He in return has tested their faith, at times by staying distant and watching from a far, but being there loving them just the same. I'm not saying you have to get out the Bible (though there are numerous stories in it of others that have gone before you that have doubted God's presence). I am just saying from my heart and appealing to your heart that God is never absent. He is in all things that you do. You say that you are doing all these things to help out with your family. He is there with you. Don't look for evidence of God. Just know and have faith that He is always by your side. :hug3:

Blackraven

Spiritlite
13-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Love it BlackRavern, well said.
Spiritlite.

ROM
13-04-2011, 04:05 AM
What's your definition of living spiritually?

Of course, there will be no physical differences for experiencing God within.

It's more of a feeling, a deep rapport, an intuitive perception of the heart.

There are no practices you have to do to make this connection. Just be yourself and live according to His Will.

Miss Hepburn
13-04-2011, 04:34 AM
Ok, don't listen to anyone but me ---kidding---

This is the deal.

If your child nags at you while you are busy - you will give it a toy to distract it.

When your child comes back bothering you and you are still busy - you will give it candy as a distraction this time.

When your child finally whines at you while you are busy and you see- Oh, nothing will satisfy him except "me" picking him up, he wants "me" - that is when you will drop everything and give your "self" to him.

As long as other things will satisfy you - your Holy Father, God is happy to give you other happy distractions....when you only want him - He comes.

And still you must be still...you must wait...you wait and prepare your heart for Him...
you remain still...you wait...sometimes you feel such longing and desire you feel you will burst ----
but you wait and you bare your desire...in silence...
if you must have thoughts ...you think, 'Where are you?...
Why do You keep Yourself hidden?...
I will wait...No matter how long it takes...I know You want me...
I know this is a game....I will play it with You...I will not be distracted...
Only You are what I want...
I know You are there, Lord...You are the breath of all that breathes...
You are the warmth in all living things ... You are the Most Subtle ...
I will surrender and let You in me...I will not leave this place.'
And you sit and sit and focus and focus on your desire and
your heart and your Third Eye
and all that is around you as it breathes with His Love and Supernatural Presence....
and you do this for the rest of your life.

This is how you feel God.

:hug2: Miss Hepburn

Spiritlite
13-04-2011, 04:58 AM
I love you Miss Hepburn.
Spiritlite.

Miss Hepburn
13-04-2011, 05:06 AM
And you are very sweet ---and very smart.
LOL!
Thank you, dear one.
:hug:

mike bike
13-04-2011, 07:40 AM
How can you not feel God's presence?

Just look around you,please....see the trees,the flowers,the sky,the rocks,the beautiful little insects...the birds...Isn't this all part of God?

And God lets his Sun shine on us all,and his rain fall on us...he never bears a grudge against anyone...his beautiful World is there for us all to enjoy ...but lots of us can't bring ourselves to accept it all as a gift.

Like God's animals we should all learn to live in the present...no regrets about yesterday,and no worries about tomorrow.

And why is this moment called the "present" ?....for the simple reason that it's a "gift"

Love and blessings......Mike .

God-Like
13-04-2011, 08:27 AM

Hi Mate .

My understanding Is that one can sit on a mountain top for decades waiting for enlightenment to come and It never does . We cannot demand or expect the grace of God to become us .

To know God Is to know yourself within mind . = self realization .

Forget about God and remember who you are .

Within the journey of remembering what you are all that requires your attention will be shown to you . Have courage . Have faith . And grace may become you .

Then God Realization will become you .

x daz x

mike bike
13-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi,everyone,

But why do people think it's necessary to go live on a mountain top or wherever to be with God?

I know mountain tops are beautiful,but God is here...everywhere...just talk to "him" and you'll soon hear an answer.

If only we looked....he/she is everywhere..."The Great Spirit Who is Everywhere" as the Native Americans said....there is no such thing as an "absentee" God who watches us from a great distance and hands out punishments and rewards.

He/She is within us all,experiencing the beautiful Universe through us...so He/She would rather have us happy....loving life.....that is maybe why God created the millions of life forms that we see all around us...they are our brothers and sisters within God....down to the most tiny of them.

Ever watched a swarm of midges playing?....it's as if they're dancing to celebrate the beauty of life...."I am the Lord of the Dance,"said he..."And I need you all in the dance"....the beautiful dance of life....if we can learn to dance like this,then we are one with God.

Life is meant to be a happy dance....will any of you dance with me?....C'mon,folks...let's dance....the beautiful Dance of Life...

Love and Blessings.......Mike

Nictorious
13-04-2011, 11:45 AM
A sincere thanks to all who responded. This forum is great. Getting different points of view on this topic is really helpful. Spiritlite, I've heard of "Conversations with God" before, is the author Neale Donald Walsh? I might check it out. I was thinking about getting "A Course in Miracles." I heard that book is a good one.

Ok, don't listen to anyone but me ---kidding---

This is the deal.

If your child nags at you while you are busy - you will give it a toy to distract it.

When your child comes back bothering you and you are still busy - you will give it candy as a distraction this time.

When your child finally whines at you while you are busy and you see- Oh, nothing will satisfy him except "me" picking him up, he wants "me" - that is when you will drop everything and give your "self" to him.

As long as other things will satisfy you - your Holy Father, God is happy to give you other happy distractions....when you only want him - He comes.

And still you must be still...you must wait...you wait and prepare your heart for Him...
you remain still...you wait...sometimes you feel such longing and desire you feel you will burst ----
but you wait and you bare your desire...in silence...
if you must have thoughts ...you think, 'Where are you?...
Why do You keep Yourself hidden?...
I will wait...No matter how long it takes...I know You want me...
I know this is a game....I will play it with You...I will not be distracted...
Only You are what I want...
I know You are there, Lord...You are the breath of all that breathes...
You are the warmth in all living things ... You are the Most Subtle ...
I will surrender and let You in me...I will not leave this place.'
And you sit and sit and focus and focus on your desire and
your heart and your Third Eye
and all that is around you as it breathes with His Love and Supernatural Presence....
and you do this for the rest of your life.

This is how you feel God.

:hug2: Miss Hepburn

Wow. Thanks Miss Hepburn. That was very well written and informative. It helped me get a better understanding of the stuff I've been studying. In a nutshell I just have to prepare my heart for God(great way to put it) like you said and be devoted. After reading your post, I think I know what I m required to do now. I just have to be patient and consistent. Ill keep you updated on my walk. Thanks.

NightSpirit
13-04-2011, 11:59 AM

What are you expecting?

Nictorious
13-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks to everyone again for the advice.

What are you expecting?

Well I'm. At the beginning of my walk so I guess I'm just expecting some type of sign to show me that my connection with God is real. I don't want to do all this work and feel like I'm just praying to my imagination.

bbr
13-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't want to do all this work and feel like I'm just praying to my imagination.Why are you praying, Nic? Are you religious, or did someone tell you that's the path you need to follow? Praying is definitely not what you necessarily need to be doing.

Nictorious
13-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Why are you praying, Nic? Are you religious, or did someone tell you that's the path you need to follow? Praying is definitely not what you necessarily need to be doing.

I'm not religious. I'm basically applying teachings from a variety of spiritual paths. I also read New Thought materials. I usually pray for God to guide me and when I do it I concentrate on using the groan of my heart. Ill also affirm to myself that I already am connected to the Great Spirit, believe that and feel the feelings of already being connected. Praying is really a small part of what I've been doing spiritually though. When I said that, I didn't just mean I don't wont to feel like I m praying to my imagination. I meant it for every aspect of my spiritul practice. I want to feel what I'm doing is real.

Shabda
13-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Why are you praying, Nic? Are you religious, or did someone tell you that's the path you need to follow? Praying is definitely not what you necessarily need to be doing.
perhaps falling prey to his imagination?

bbr
13-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm not religious. I'm basically applying teachings from a variety of spiritual paths. I also read New Thought materials. I usually pray for God to guide me and when I do it I concentrate on using the groan of my heart. Ill also affirm to myself that I already am connected to the Great Spirit, believe that and feel the feelings of already being connected. Praying is really a small part of what I've been doing spiritually though. When I said that, I didn't just mean I don't wont to feel like I m praying to my imagination. I meant it for every aspect of my spiritul practice. I want to feel what I'm doing is real.So you're really talking about affimations and meditations, rather than the sort of prayer associated with religion. Got it.

bbr
13-04-2011, 05:43 PM
perhaps falling prey to his imagination?And wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we all did that? Imagine our planet filled with happy, imaginative people.

unus supra
13-04-2011, 08:24 PM
these are some great ideas, thanks for sharing. ive learned a lot from this thread.

kabash
14-04-2011, 07:45 AM
bbr,
great thoughts