PDA

View Full Version : Physical Manifestations of Discernment

nightowl
12-04-2011, 03:14 AM
How have you experienced spiritual discernment with your senses? Do you see things, smell things, hear things, feel things etc? Which of your senses has the strongest discernment and which is the weakest? Is there one you would like to develop even more?

For me my two strongest are I see things around people and I feel them, I get an inkling in my stomach or chest. The physical manifestations usually lead to a spiritual insight.

How does it work for you?

nightowl

Tink
12-04-2011, 05:14 AM
I think my strongest is clairaudience but I don't physically hear anything, I hear it in my head like telepathy. And clairvoyance, I see a lot of things in my head too to accompany what I hear. I also get feelings. I guess it's a combonation of these things really, I don't know if one is stronger or weaker than the others, they kind of just all work together :) :hug3:

Mountain-Goat
12-04-2011, 05:38 AM
I don't have any spiritual discernment with my 5 senses.

I look with my sixth sense, whatever that is. I look, words form in my mind, I write some of them down.
I see no reason to develop any other of my senses.

nightowl
12-04-2011, 05:40 AM
I think my strongest is clairaudience but I don't physically hear anything, I hear it in my head like telepathy. And clairvoyance, I see a lot of things in my head too to accompany what I hear. I also get feelings. I guess it's a combonation of these things really, I don't know if one is stronger or weaker than the others, they kind of just all work together :) :hug3:

So most of what you experience is actually internal responses?

Have you ever seen a physical appearance of something, like a fog around someones head, or bright lights things like that?

Tink
12-04-2011, 05:47 AM
I have seen auras before, usually around a medium as she/he demonstrates at my church but not on a regular basis. And when I'm not paying attention a spirit (usually a guide) will call my name and I'll hear it as clearly as if it had been called from someone on the physical plane. Also sometimes I'll see a flash of light or something out of the corner of my eye if a spirit is around me. I sometimes also see spirits in their full form for a split second. But this never happens when I'm communicating with them, usually they've come to visit my son who is 4 and has many 'imaginary' friends and I simply startle them :D :hug3:

nightowl
12-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Cool Tink :smile:

Alternate Carpark,

I think it is important to develop all my sense...:color:

Tink
12-04-2011, 06:28 AM
I think that my 6th sense has it's own senses such as touch, smell taste, etc. and probably many others that have not been discovered yet :D I know that makes no sense haha...but I know what I'm on about :hug3:

nightowl
12-04-2011, 06:37 AM
I think that my 6th sense has it's own senses such as touch, smell taste, etc. and probably many others that have not been discovered yet :D I know that makes no sense haha...but I know what I'm on about :hug3:

Well that is an interesting way of looking at it. A 6 sense with physical senses :wink: cool image!

Ciqala
12-04-2011, 09:00 AM
I am strongly visual, in all this makes my ability to communicate with my spirit guides more accurate as i can see them clearly, see their facial expressions, and their body language in vivid detail. Receiving many things in images. I also see energies.

I am strongly sensitive to feelings and touch as well, whereas I am very connected to the feel of my own energies like my kundalini, and others, and can feel things with those senses, feel my spirit guides. I can pick up on deceit, lies, and read peoples minds through eye contact or simply tuning into them, i do not make eye contact much unless i want to heal that person, because i have a powerful feeling connection through eyes. In all i can see through people in real life. I can feel who people are, what they are thinking. Sometimes i don't enjoy this. I keep quite isolated and don't spend much time in huge crowded social situations, and i am content that way. i can tune out of it, but i still enjoy being alone more than around random people.

My sense of hearing is strong as well, i can hear my spirit guides out loud but that still needs some more work, must strengthen that, i am strong in channelling through thought form, makes it a lot more accurate when i see them a long with such.

I don't pay much attention to my sense of smell, and i don't really plan on strengthening it, i just don't see much purpose to it, but i do react strongly spiritually and energetically to incenses and aromatherapies hehe, and i have a huge collection of those. Makes my kundalini happy.
I think i covered all the senses...

Sarian
12-04-2011, 12:31 PM
A friend of mine told me what she thought I was...of course now I can't remember the term. I feel other people's emotions far too easily, and if it's someone I love, even if they are far away...for example, I may feel out of sorts or anxious or severely depressed and then I find out that the person was. If I'm out and about, I could be in a happy mood and then feel grief from someone near. Sometimes I shake and feel the need to say a prayer of sorts. I'm not religious, yet I feel I have to ask for healing for someone.

There are other things. Sometimes I have dreams/premonitions that come true. Sometimes I will have a series of dreams that show me the process of something that is happening in my life. I would like to develop these more, but don't know how.

My sister in law has told me something very sweet a couple of times now. She says I'm "different" like I have an angel inside of me. I don't know about that, but it made me smile....I don't feel very angelic lately, but sweet thought anyway.

Oh, something that I find interesting is for example, if I am walking, I pass a lot of strangers and that's all they are are strangers, but there are some people for whatever reason, something inside both of us connects. One time I passed this man, his physical self I felt nothing, but it was the oddest, yet most amazing thing was it seemed like our souls or spirits...connected, and said hello as though we knew each other, even though I didn't know the man. So there was this spiritual connection, acknowlegement in passing. It doesn't sound like much to write it, but the experience itself was amazing. It startled me, but in a good way. I have felt other forms of this with others, but mostly ...I'm not good at describing...but a kinship,....people who appreciate the same things as I do...good, down to earth people who love nature, for example...I can sense them...and my soul feels good and lighter... but that time when I passed that man and something else connected, that just blew me away.

athribiristan
12-04-2011, 12:45 PM
For me it is mostly just a certainty that some thought,idea, or image is correct. Many times I have to coax the answer out with the right question. If I ask the right question the answer is always certain, but sometimes finding the question can be difficult. I guess most people would call it clairsentience. I also commune with God, I hear his voice in my head. He tells me a great deal, but almost never the same type of info as come from my own talents. His is more of that guiding hand, He always has a kind word or piece of advice when I'm screwing up.

I have never really gotten much in thr way of visual images, though in the last week I have done a few past life readings that came with a snapshot of the persons life. Both the images and the past life readings are new for me so that was kinda cool.

Sarian
12-04-2011, 01:42 PM
. I also commune with God, I hear his voice in my head. He tells me a great deal, but almost never the same type of info as come from my own talents. His is more of that guiding hand, He always has a kind word or piece of advice when I'm screwing up.

Athribiristan, I have many times when this happens. I always thought it to be God or some greater power....I know it's not me. I have shared some with a friend I trust from time to time and one time, even, I mentioned a word, he in turn woke up the next morning and couldnt' want to call me about a dream he had and it had to do with the word and I thought it was certain he had a guide or something that gave him a very profound message. I know this had a great impact, sadly, it's like the world gets back in the way and these profound experiences get lost again or shadowed with skepticism because people think they can't really be true...but can they?

nightowl
12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
communicate with my spirit guides more accurate

Ciqala, this is such a good statement to add here. Our senses are meant to work together to aid us in our spiritual endeavors. :smile:

Sarian,

I think the term your friend may have used was empath? Does that sound right? This is one who is able to sense the feelings amd emotions of others. Your reaction to say a prayer of send good energy is exactly what you are meant to do with these feelings. We need to learn not to take them on as our own. If you work on developing your visual senses you may find you will be able to see exactly where the prayer or energy is supposed to be directed to. I think you are right about feeling the energy of others that you seem to connect with, you all are probably operarting on the same frequency :hug3: .

athribiristan,

Learning to see visual ques is a great way of tying images to certain time periods and such. Maybe yours is starting to activate?

When we approach God/Spirit with an open attitude of believing communication in spirit can come from any avenue of creation that God/Spirit chooses and we receive this insight, well then stand back and watch all the new experiences that will come into your journey. :D

athribiristan
13-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Athribiristan, I have many times when this happens. I always thought it to be God or some greater power....I know it's not me. I have shared some with a friend I trust from time to time and one time, even, I mentioned a word, he in turn woke up the next morning and couldnt' want to call me about a dream he had and it had to do with the word and I thought it was certain he had a guide or something that gave him a very profound message. I know this had a great impact, sadly, it's like the world gets back in the way and these profound experiences get lost again or shadowed with skepticism because people think they can't really be true...but can they?

Oh sure they can. I have had many experiences like that. At first I found it easy to dismiss as random wierdness but after so many its really difficult to deny even if I try to. I know what you're saying about them getting overshadowed by the 'real world' though, sometimes I just feel like the physical is so REAL that nothing else can be, right? That's usually when God says something witty and appropriate to remind me that there is more.

Mountain-Goat
13-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Cool Tink :smile:

Alternate Carpark,

I think it is important to develop all my sense...:color:
Please proceed with all your heart.
I was only refering to myself.
Each person has their unique purpose and ways to fulfil that purpose.
I have never had any desire to develop any of mine, and so far, no need.

~smiles~ "all my sense." Is this like "all my bases are belong to me"?

Genuine query nightowl..."develop all your sense" Does this include nonsense?

nightowl
13-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Please proceed with all your heart.
I was only refering to myself.
Each person has their unique purpose and ways to fulfil that purpose.
I have never had any desire to develop any of mine, and so far, no need.

~smiles~ "all my sense." Is this like "all my bases are belong to me"?

Genuine query nightowl..."develop all your sense" Does this include nonsense?

Nonsense is the one I use the most :D heheeeeee...:wink:

Mountain-Goat
13-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Nonsense is the one I use the most :D heheeeeee...:wink:
YAY !!! .

Roselove
13-04-2011, 11:25 PM
yes i am clairsentinent, i can sense things about people, situations

nightowl
13-04-2011, 11:38 PM
yes i am clairsentinent, i can sense things about people, situations

Rosewater, have you ever had any visual manifestation that accompany you sensing?

Roselove
14-04-2011, 12:00 AM
if i really focus i get visions, once i started seeing auras through third eye but i shut that off

thehermit
15-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I dont know termonology so please bare with me... lol

o I can feel other emotions, even states or countries away. (empathic)
o I can catch glimspses of past, current, and future events in a specfic persons life.
o I can speak/suggest to some people without voice, like mentally connect.
o I just know without reason...but this is much weaker than the rest.
o I can write an receive information from higherself/angels.
o I've talked to deceased members in my family before, they have shown me things too.
o I recieve guidance by voice and gut feeling.
o I can travel to specfic people in dream state (sometimes waking).
...most of it I dont think I can control, not fully anyway.

thehermit
15-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh sure they can. I have had many experiences like that. At first I found it easy to dismiss as random wierdness but after so many its really difficult to deny even if I try to. I know what you're saying about them getting overshadowed by the 'real world' though, sometimes I just feel like the physical is so REAL that nothing else can be, right? That's usually when God says something witty and appropriate to remind me that there is more.

Really agree with this :D It also served as a nice subtle reminder/answer for me