PDA

View Full Version : Making Affirmations More Effective - Some Thoughts

ZeroPointField
09-04-2011, 09:49 PM
I read this in a book I'm reading and it really clicked a lot of things into place for me. I'm paraphrasing here, but this is the gist of it.

A man has a ton of money problems. He's in a lot of debt. His bills are late. His job doesn't pay enough. He can't afford to make the changes he wants or get out from under anything financially.

So he starts a disciplined routine for an hour every single day of doing affirmations, prayers, positive thinking, etc. He sees himself bringing in more money, tells himself he is worth it and he deserves it and that more money is on its way to him. He sees and feels the weight of his debt being lifted, affirms that the debt is gone, and his bills are paid and his income is exactly where he wants it.

During this time he creates some very powerful energy, thought forms, law of attraction, etc. to solve his money problems - however you want to describe it.

But then he ends his hour of thjs and begins his normal day. He sees all the bills on the coffee table and immediately begins to worry intensely about how he'll pay them. This makes him think about his debt, and how if he can't pay his bills, how is he EVER going to get out debt? Then he's off to work, where he think all day about how much he hates his job and hates that they don't pay him enough and then starts to hate himself for causing it all. He comes home and eventually heads to bed, where he worries even more while he's alone with this thoughts, and then falls asleep to dream all night about his lack of money and all his financial problems.

So for that hour, he created lots of positive energy to solve his problems and change his life, but for another 23 hours, he created a TON of opposite energy that canceled out any good he did with his affirmations.

The point, which I'm sure you got already, was that it's important to live your affirmations throughout your day and to REALLY believe them and make them real for you on a consistent basis to make the good energy outweigh the bad and actually manifest change in your life.

Not that an intensely focused session can't be good, but if you cancel it out by just thinking of it as a task you can complete in an hour and then going back to your same pattern of negative thinking, then you've erased all the good you did.

Sarian
09-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Thank you for posting this ZeroPointField. Makes sense. I feel like I'm always being knocked down at every turn. It is hard to keep up the positive when this happens, but I need to do this.

ZeroPointField
09-04-2011, 11:36 PM
No prob, Sarian. Just remember a couple of things.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. If you have some setbacks or negative thoughts, it's not especially going to ruin your goals. And who knows? Maybe if your affirmations are focused or powerful enough, maybe they WOULD be powerful enough to counteract other negative thinking, but it's just something to think about.

Everything you think, feel, or do creates an energy or type of "matter" just as real as any physical matter, and if the energy you put towards your goals outweighs the energy you put against them, they will be accomplished.

ZeroPointField
09-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Everything you think, feel, or do creates an energy or type of "matter" just as real as any physical matter, and if the energy you put towards your goals outweighs the energy you put against them, they will be accomplished.

I wanted to add...I don't like when people post this stuff as fact without proof or evidence. So I will just say from my personal experience with energy and healing, and study of esoteric laws, I strongly believe this to be true.

ZeroPointField
11-04-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm confused. I got an email saying this had a new post from vpsean, but its not here.

Isis
01-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I have a little trouble making my affirmations stick and keeping positive thoughts going during a long day. Best thing I could've done was to join this forum.I have a feeling knowing that there are many out there who do this and for whom it works will sure help me to stay positive during the day.

clovelly
01-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I was listening to a channeller on the radio yesterday & she said that ascension will happen within 2 weeks if for during every waking hour the person feels love, praise or gratitude.
I will give it a try & let you know how I go.

Love & light xxx

athribiristan
01-05-2011, 04:46 PM
I read this in a book I'm reading and it really clicked a lot of things into place for me. I'm paraphrasing here, but this is the gist of it.

A man has a ton of money problems. He's in a lot of debt. His bills are late. His job doesn't pay enough. He can't afford to make the changes he wants or get out from under anything financially.

So he starts a disciplined routine for an hour every single day of doing affirmations, prayers, positive thinking, etc. He sees himself bringing in more money, tells himself he is worth it and he deserves it and that more money is on its way to him. He sees and feels the weight of his debt being lifted, affirms that the debt is gone, and his bills are paid and his income is exactly where he wants it.

During this time he creates some very powerful energy, thought forms, law of attraction, etc. to solve his money problems - however you want to describe it.

But then he ends his hour of thjs and begins his normal day. He sees all the bills on the coffee table and immediately begins to worry intensely about how he'll pay them. This makes him think about his debt, and how if he can't pay his bills, how is he EVER going to get out debt? Then he's off to work, where he think all day about how much he hates his job and hates that they don't pay him enough and then starts to hate himself for causing it all. He comes home and eventually heads to bed, where he worries even more while he's alone with this thoughts, and then falls asleep to dream all night about his lack of money and all his financial problems.

So for that hour, he created lots of positive energy to solve his problems and change his life, but for another 23 hours, he created a TON of opposite energy that canceled out any good he did with his affirmations.

The point, which I'm sure you got already, was that it's important to live your affirmations throughout your day and to REALLY believe them and make them real for you on a consistent basis to make the good energy outweigh the bad and actually manifest change in your life.

Not that an intensely focused session can't be good, but if you cancel it out by just thinking of it as a task you can complete in an hour and then going back to your same pattern of negative thinking, then you've erased all the good you did.

I find that using affirmation throughout the day as anxieties arise is much more effective than a focused session. The thing with consciously creating your reality is that you have to maintain the thought pattern you wish to create. Any time negative thoughts come along it is important to deal with them and then move back into creating what you desire. Use your affirmation to banish negativity, so that you can go about manifesting the reality you choose.

Now don't get me wrong, a focused session can be good but constant maintainence is required for the concept to really work for you.

Toomuchman
13-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I find this thread informative. Thanks zeropointfield.
I came across a book that talks about personal motivation and Self-Talk. I am practicing the self-talk to help me get healing for an ailment that has lasted for more than two years without medical solution. The book promised that within a short period of time i will start getting result. I have been practicing it consistently for like two weeks now, i've not noticed any change. Although i am optimistic that my healing will come. But i want advice on what to do to fast track the process?

Adrienne
13-05-2011, 05:40 PM

The thing with consciously creating your reality is that you have to maintain the thought pattern you wish to create. Any time negative thoughts come along it is important to deal with them and then move back into creating what you desire. Use your affirmation to banish negativity, so that you can go about manifesting the reality you choose.

Thank you ZeroPointField & athribiristan ! Good advice to remember.

Dream Angel xx

Sorcha
13-05-2011, 09:12 PM
I definitely agree with this. You can waste an hour telling yourself all sorts of things, but until the practice is in your daily life, it's moot.

Now I'm not much of an affirmation girl (something about my time in a mental ward--I bloody hate the term "affirmation"), but I used to have a problem of this sort--sitting and planning and thinking of getting my life back on track, and then getting overwhelmed with all the wrongs. It's important, when the negatives creep in to stop, reassess your thinking, and not let it get the best of you.

New Rage Guru
16-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Oh that "Monkey mind"... Little prattling rattle.

I believe all affirmation is focus. As we open to the understanding that everything has purpose and is a growing opportunity we find resistance to existence slipping away and we fill that space left by the monkey mind with thoughts of joy, mirth, humour and patience.

Mountain of bills...Can’t happen as all my needs are met.

****** job...Impossible; I love what I do and would change it if I didn’t.

Lousy relationship...How could I ever draw to me anything that didn’t have purpose.

Peace