PDA

View Full Version : Confused with astro..help?

mashpashable
09-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm very interested in astrology and all that it offers to teach us..but I still don't understand most of what I've read about it. It's kind of confusing..I'm eager to learn, but I don't know what a sun sign, moon sign, ascendant or house is..If anyone else understands and doesn't mind dumbing it down for me, I'd really appreciate it! I did a birth chart for myself, if anyone would like to look at it to help with giving examples...

http://interactive.0800-horoscope.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal0800?name=Ashley+L.+Sabattis&sex=f&d1day=20&d1month=2&d1year=1989&d1hour=17&d1min=0&citylist=Lebanon%2C+NH+%2833%29%2C+United+States&lang=en

Thank you! :hug3:

Estrella505
09-04-2011, 04:54 PM
ok... just to clarify. I look at astrology as psychological profiles that make sense. If such and such is true about a person, then this is also likely to be true. However not sure how connected it is toactual dates.

Sun Sign is the constellation the sun was in during the of year you were born according to the western solar callendar, it generally specific to the traits that apply to you especially, and how people generally see you (These should match in most sane people...)

Moon sign is the constellation your moon was in when you were born. This is what makes some leos less attention hungry than others, Some virgos less critical, etc. It adds even more specific quirks to your personality. It also explains why everyone doesn't always fit their sun profile.

Th Ascendant, or rising sign is a bit more complicated. every sun sign has a ruling planet. The constellation your ruling planet was in when you were born is your ascendant, or rising sign. This is the "Mask" we wear when initially meeting people, how we come across initially.

So... break down time.

I was born on July 29, That makes me a leo. I have many leo traits, but not all. This is because my ruling planet is the sun, and at the time of my birth, the sun was in Scorpio, so I kinda have more of the scorpio traits as well, including the treat urge to manipulate/ mess with people that annoy me. Which can be much fun if you're careful.

Now also at the time of my birth, my moon was in capricorn. That means that I have more of a capricorn tint to my personality. I don't have to the star all the time, though I do appreciate being the right hand to the star, working on the background.

I hope that makes sense.

So.. looking at yours overall, you're a pisces. Overall a bit wishy washy but very adaptable and gets along well with most people. But your ascendant is a leo which means when you first meet people they perceive some leo like traits in you. they could be the negative ones, like vanity, pride(also a positive), and tendency to be materialistic. Or it coudl be positive ones like loyalty, courage, or even leadership tendences.

Your Moon sign is virgo, so that would mean that at least according to this, your personality is probably more... objective, anaylitical, and probably a bit critical of yourself and others.

Now as for houses I know there are 12 positions and the planets in them determine your "fate" in each of these areas.. Each one controls different aspects of our life/destiny. I do not now all of them, but your birth chart kinda breaks it down for you. I should note that this is where I start to disagree with astrology.

I hope I at least answered some of your questions there.