PDA

View Full Version : Jesus had a father?

Love&Light
09-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't believe Jesus was a son of god myself, I think he had a father. I do believe he was given a generous dose of Gods magic though.. and I guess you could still call him son of God for this reason.

Do you not think that this is more likely? :rolleyes:

innerlight
09-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Jesus had a father and a mother. Joseph and Mary. That is not a secret. So I am a little confused as to what this topic is about?

Are you trying to say that Jesus was not conceived through immaculate conception and was conceived like any other child. That may be a much more clear topic than Jesus had a father.

AngelBreeze
09-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't believe Jesus was a son of god myself, I think he had a father. I do believe he was given a generous dose of Gods magic though.. and I guess you could still call him son of God for this reason.

Greetings Love&Light,

I see that you don't believe Jesus is the Son of God. However, He IS, unequivocally! There is no better explanation for this than what is contained in the Holy Bible, an account from those who knew Jesus and His story. Biblical scholars also have embraced these fine words of Jesus being the Son of God. The prophets in the Old Testament also revealed the truth that Jesus was part of the Deity.

Four Gospels Contain Information That Jesus Is God's Son. They are:
John; Mark; Matthew; Luke. There are specific passages in each of those Gospels, on average, about seven to eight that speak about Jesus being the Son of God. I would be happy to list them for you if you wish.

Besides the above, the following passages also speak to the matter.
"Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do: for what things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth Him all things that Himself doeth: and He will will show Him greater works than these, that ye may marvel." -- JOHN 5:19-20 (KJV)

The above Biblical passages show the true relationship between the Father (God) and the Son (Jesus) whom He sent. That is why Jesus could perform the miracles that He did and that no man has ever been able to duplicate or can duplicate including the biggest leaders of all other religions. There have been many who have doubted, as well as blasphemed against the Son of God yet it remains that He IS the rightful and only begotten Son of God who was born of a woman named Mary as was announced by the Archangel Gabriel and who lived on earth incarnate for thirty-three years with His mission being to give Salvation unto mankind which He accomplished by his crucifixion and then His resurrection.

In John 10:30 (KJV) Jesus states: "I and my Father are One."

And eight other figures plus, who lived in His day, called Jesus The Son of God. They are: Peter, Gabriel, Martha, John, John the Baptist, Nathanael, Mark, and The Disciples.

But know that even spirits of evil acknowledged Jesus as The Son of God. I can provide you with those Biblical references as well. And if demons who are all-evil know Jesus to be the Son of God and tremble and bow down before Him due to that acknowledgment, then that speaks more than volumes to answer your question.

"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: that all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father, He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent Him." -- JOHN 5:22-23 (KJV)

In the above passages God gives Jesus the authority to judge man. That authority was given to Him by His Father, God the Father.

And you use a wrong word when you say that Jesus was given a dose of God's "magic", it was not magic. He was Divinely Blessed with that Power given to Him by His Heavenly Father as exemplified above in John 5:19-20.

Indeed, there are some who cannot see the forest for the trees for there are none so blind as those who Will Not see. But the fact remains that Jesus is The Son of God just as He was yesterday, as He is today, and as He will be tomorrow.

Deus tecum and my special wishes for many blessings and a beautiful day!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Internal Queries
09-04-2011, 03:29 PM
well, maybe Mary was abducted by aliens and artifically inseminated thereby retaining her virginity. maybe Jesus was an human/alien hybrid.

Mind's Eye
09-04-2011, 03:36 PM
well, maybe Mary was abducted by aliens and artifically inseminated thereby retaining her virginity. maybe Jesus was an human/alien hybrid.

I've always kind of liked this theory... Blaspheme? Maybe to some... but fun to think about.

I just bought a book on UFO's and the Bible. I personally think there is a big connection.

ROM
09-04-2011, 03:45 PM
So people will buy into the whole UFO/Alien theory regarding Jesus' birth and not that maybe Mary procreated with someone whom we don't know of? Well from my understanding, Jesus' earthly father was a Roman general who was killed in battle. And that's all I'll say about that.

Internal Queries
09-04-2011, 03:50 PM
i can't say i "believe" in UFOs but i can imagine the Earth being terra formed for habitation and used by superior intelligences as a lab whereon different human "cultures" were created. and interactive experimentation with the evolving primates caused the primitives to believe in "gods".

lol maybe the taking of blood samples from the primitive humans caused the concept of blood sacrifice to the "gods".

innerlight
09-04-2011, 03:56 PM
So people will buy into the whole UFO/Alien theory regarding Jesus' birth and not that maybe Mary procreated with someone whom we don't know of? Well from my understanding, Jesus' earthly father was a Roman general who was killed in battle. And that's all I'll say about that.

I believe that Buddha's mother was the same way. An immaculate conception as well. Where she was supposedly taken up into the heavens. So I wonder if there are similarities in how they created the idea of Jesus's birth.

Internal Queries
09-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I believe that Buddha's mother was the same way. An immaculate conception as well. Where she was supposedly taken up into the heavens. So I wonder if there are similarities in how they created the idea of Jesus's birth.

maybe the superior intelligences kick start human metamorphisis by introducing new hybrids (avatars) now and then.

7luminaries
09-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I've heard the alien theory before. However not the Roman General theory. Interesting. IMO It's more likely that his father was an alien (lol), but anything is possible.

So here's my order of likelihood:

1. his father was Joseph. She was pregnant when they married. Ho hum.
2. his father was another Jewish man, but Joseph agreed to marry her anyway. She was already pregnant but wouldn't give away the father. Still no big deal...kind of a "scandal" but it happens.

less likely:
3. his father was not of this earth (alien abduction or seduction). Handled exactly the same as #2 above. LOL....

very unlikely:
4. his father was not Jewish (your theory) but Joseph agreed to marry her anyway. Everyone would know...ppl talk. This would be really unlikely. Especially a high profile person like a general. Couldn't the General find companionship more discreetly? Also opportunities for them to ever have met and spent time alone would have been almost impossible. Unless you're saying she was raped? In which case it would have still been handled like #2...but with open knowledge & compassion.

#3 is kind of out there, LOL...but IMO more likely than #4. Why? An alien could presumably "cover" and appear convincingly as a Jewish man. Romans were considered pagans and were unclean by virtue of their diet, many of their sexual practices, etc. Sounds like a little historical fantasising in hindsight. But I appreciate considering the possibilities :smile:

peace,
7L

theophilus
09-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Jesus didn't have a human father because the was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit.And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?” And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.
(Luke 1:31-35 ESV)

Because Joseph was married to Mary when Jesus was born he was legally the father of Jesus even though he wasn't his biological father.

A couple of the posts used the term "immaculate conception" in connection to the birth of Jesus. This term actually refers to the belief that Mary was born without sin. This belief isn't taught in the Bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwik i%2FImmaculate_Conception)

innerlight
09-04-2011, 04:20 PM
maybe the superior intelligences kick start human metamorphisis by introducing new hybrids (avatars) now and then.

It's more distancing us from them. Like the current belief of Jesus is. Is that Jesus was something special, something beyond what we are capable of. That he was an exception. Saying that he is an Alien hybrid is also distancing us from Jesus, and or us from our true potential.

If we close that gap and realize he was a regular Joe just like all of us it allows us to see our divinity in a better light, and allow us to know our true potential, and that we too can achieve great things.

Love&Light
09-04-2011, 04:22 PM

Well that gave me a good old belly laugh!:laughing6:

I thankyou for your replies!:hug3: I still believe jesus (isn't 'Judah' his proper name?) was born of a mother and father just like the rest of us. I don't doubt that he turned water into wine and had healing powers though!:color:

Love&Light
09-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Jesus had a father and a mother. Joseph and Mary. That is not a secret. So I am a little confused as to what this topic is about?

Are you trying to say that Jesus was not conceived through immaculate conception and was conceived like any other child. That may be a much more clear topic than Jesus had a father.

I think he was concieved just like any other child..:smile: Do you think Joseph was his father? I do!:smile:

Internal Queries
09-04-2011, 04:33 PM
It's more distancing us from them. Like the current belief of Jesus is. Is that Jesus was something special, something beyond what we are capable of. That he was an exception. Saying that he is an Alien hybrid is also distancing us from Jesus, and or us from our true potential.

If we close that gap and realize he was a regular Joe just like all of us it allows us to see our divinity in a better light, and allow us to know our true potential, and that we too can achieve great things.

lol well, i'm just playing. but if you read my other post you'd notice that i playfully theorize that the entire human species is the result of the experimentation by superior intelligences therefore we'd all be primate/alien hybrids and the metamorphisis kick starters would be just as you say ... a revealing of potential.

Internal Queries
09-04-2011, 04:37 PM

I thankyou for your replies!:hug3: I still believe jesus (isn't 'Judah' his proper name?) was born of a mother and father just like the rest of us. I don't doubt that he turned water into wine and had healing powers though!:color:

Jesus' proper name would be "Yeshua". Judah is one of the 12 tribes of Israel.

AngelBreeze
09-04-2011, 04:39 PM

Greetings Love&Light,

I believe the following website will elaborate much further in regards to your personal beliefs about Jesus Christ. It is wonderful reading and exemplifies many of the points made!

http://www.evidencetobelieve.net/jesus_son_of_god.htm

Jesus had an Earthly Mother (Mary) who gave Him birth and an Earthly father (Joseph) who raised Him but His true Father is God who is in Heaven. There are things that may be hard to understand for some, but it does not detract from the truth about Jesus and His origins.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Chrysaetos
09-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Jesus didn't have a human father because the was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit.This is a mistranslation and has become a core belief of churchianity.

Besides that, it is simply not possible.

Mind's Eye
09-04-2011, 08:29 PM
This one may be a little hard to grasp for most, but here is what I believe to be the truth; Jesus was his own father because he was his father's uncle's cousin. :wink:

innerlight
09-04-2011, 08:51 PM
This one may be a little hard to grasp for most, but here is what I believe to be the truth; Jesus was his own father because he was his father's uncle's cousin. :wink:

....nephews former room mate?

Mind's Eye
09-04-2011, 08:55 PM
....nephews former room mate?

or maybe Mary's father posing as her son?

ROM
10-04-2011, 02:15 AM
I have to agree with Love&Light and Chrysaetos on this. Saying that Jesus was conceived without an earthly procreation is just another erroneous doctrine propagated by the church. Jesus incarnated on earth, therefore had to abide by the exact same Laws of it. That said, according to the Laws, a physical conception is impossible without procreation, no exception. If God made an exception, then he would be going against His Perfect Laws, which are absolute. Also "Virgin" and "Immaculate Conception" have been grossly misinterpreted. In brief, it is said that Jesus would be born of a virgin, meaning, of a mother who had never conceived before (first child), and that her internal organs were 'virginal'. It has nothing to do with that she didn't procreate. As for Immaculate Conception, it is meant on both a physical and spiritual level. If a person's intention during procreation is genuine, in that, it is not solely for sensual desires, then it is considered immaculate, since it's done out of love for the Creator.

And that's all I have to say. Feel free to reject or accept.

Shim
10-04-2011, 02:28 AM
I'll only add that one definition of a miracle is an act against science.

psychoslice
10-04-2011, 02:29 AM
The Christ that is within us all is conceived from that place that has never been touched by the outside world, this is the virgin that conceives, from this conception then grows the Christ Consciousness, it is then witnessed by the wise, as in the three wise men and so the story continues. Looking at the words in the scriptures in this light brings a whole new meaning, a meaning that is far beyond the literal that has so long now dominated the masses.

Shim
10-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Some say the "light," is the light of realization.

psychoslice
10-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Some say the "light," is the light of realization.
Yes through your own inner Realization will you ever Know your true inner Being, this is the only way that you will ever discover the Christ that you truly are, then and only then can you say with all certainty that I AM the Light of the world.

Shim
10-04-2011, 02:44 AM
Yes through your own inner Realization will you ever Know your true inner Being, this is the only way that you will ever discover the Christ that you truly are, then and only then can you say with all certainty that I AM the Light of the world.

And that is, a Gnostic concept. And the Gnostic heresy initially opposed John. To the Gnostics, the simple beliefs of the ordinary Christian were not enough. They tried to construct a philosophic system out of Christianity. They were troubled about the existence of sin and evil and sorrow and suffering in this world. That is, referring to the light of realization or revelation. They never believed that Christ walked this earth approx. 2000 years ago.

psychoslice
10-04-2011, 02:53 AM
And that is, a Gnostic concept. And the Gnostic heresy initially opposed John. To the Gnostics, the simple beliefs of the ordinary Christian were not enough. They tried to construct a philosophic system out of Christianity. They were troubled about the existence of sin and evil and sorrow and suffering in this world. That is, referring to the light of realization or revelation. They never believed that Christ walked this earth approx. 2000 years ago.
I don't know about a gnostic concept but i do believe that the Gnostic's were the true Christians at the time, where in the so called bible they are made out to be a bad lot, i think that was forged into the writings as also was many other writings, it is hard when we find out that we have been taken for a ride, I know, i was where you are once.

Shim
10-04-2011, 02:57 AM
I don't know about a gnostic concept but i do believe that the Gnostic's were the true Christians at the time, where in the so called bible they are made out to be a bad lot, i think that was forged into the writings as also was many other writings, it is hard when we find out that we have been taken for a ride, I know, i was where you are once.

I was a Gnostic for over a decade, and have a library half full of their texts. They were not the true Christians. They could not comprehend the logos at the time, and that was the purpose of John's gospel.

"In the beginning, two things existed-- the one was God and the other was matter. Matter was always there and was the raw material out of which the world was made. The Gnostics held that this original matter was flawed and imperfect. It was made of material which had the seeds of corruption in it. God, they said, is pure spirit, and pure spirit can never touch matter at all, still less matter which is imperfect. Therefore it was not possible for God to carry out the work of creation himself. So he put out from himself a series of emanations. Each emanation was further and further away from God; and, as the emanations got further and further away from him, they knew less and less about him."

What do you think about the above? Notice the similarity of Genesis and John's gospel.

psychoslice
10-04-2011, 03:03 AM
I was a Gnostic for over a decade, and have a library half full of their texts. They were not the true Christians. They could not comprehend the logos at the time, and that was the purpose of John's gospel.

"In the beginning, two things existed-- the one was God and the other was matter. Matter was always there and was the raw material out of which the world was made. The Gnostics held that this original matter was flawed and imperfect. It was made of material which had the seeds of corruption in it. God, they said, is pure spirit, and pure spirit can never touch matter at all, still less matter which is imperfect. Therefore it was not possible for God to carry out the work of creation himself. So he put out from himself a series of emanations. Each emanation was further and further away from God; and, as the emanations got further and further away from him, they knew less and less about him."

What do you think about the above? Notice the similarity of Genesis and John's gospel.
Yes its easy to write a gospel based on another, just as they did with the so called prophesies of Jesus taken from such books as Isiah, its pretty easy to do. Its hard to believe that you were once a gnostic, how could you ever go back to Christianity after that ?.

Shim
10-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Yes its easy to write a gospel based on another, just as they did with the so called prophesies of Jesus taken from such books as Isiah, its pretty easy to do. Its hard to believe that you were once a gnostic, how could you ever go back to Christianity after that ?.

I was convicted by the Holy Spirit.

psychoslice
10-04-2011, 03:09 AM
I was convicted by the Holy Spirit.
Yea i was too that's why I left Christianity, I realized that I was the Holy Spirit, not me as Robert but ME as pure Consciousness.

Shim
10-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Yea i was too that's why I left Christianity, I realized that I was the Holy Spirit, not me as Robert but ME as pure Consciousness.

I use to point the way inwards for over a decade, but after being freed from the prison within.... & Jesus Christ buckles the knees of some.... He makes others to stand up. That is what I have learnt over the years listening to one after another after another....... but regardless it is through him and through him only.

psychoslice
10-04-2011, 03:22 AM
I use to point the way inwards for over a decade, but after being freed from the prison within.... & Jesus Christ buckles the knees of some.... He makes others to stand up. That is what I have learnt over the years listening to one after another after another....... but regardless it is through him and through him only.
Yes and I am really glad for you and I am not being patronizing when I say that, I don't believe in organised religion, the truth can never be held within them, but what i don't like is when there are those who lie to others leading them to a spiteful, jealous, wrathful God and leaving them there, never to grow Spiritually.

Hebrews 5

12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Hebrews 6

1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3And this will we do, if God permit.

4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

AngelBreeze
10-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Please bear in mind that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is a very serious offense against God, THE Most Serious and carries the harshest punishment!

If it sounds like I am preaching to you and you want to criticize me for it, then this time, so be it. But this is just too serious to just stand by and do nothing as I don't want for any of you to have to pay the consequences, no matter who you are.

"Wherefore I say unto you, ALL manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." -- MATTHEW 12:31-32 (KJV)

This means that if one should accidentally blaspheme against the Son of Man (Jesus), e.g., cuss and use His name in vain but confesses that sin with contrite heart it can be forgiven because God is just that merciful! And in order to forgive, it means you have to ask for it in order to get it. But for those who would take the name of the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost in vain and blaspheme in any way, shape, or form, it cannot be forgiven either in this world or the next and that is where we are all headed after this life ends. So, a word of Extreme Caution, please refrain from any jokes, etc. in this manner against the Holy Spirit/Ghost as not only is it the most ugly to do so and shows complete and utter disrespect for God but in effect, it imperils one forever when done. This is Biblical, not just me speaking here.

Therefore, please don't take a chance here as that sin is the only one that is completely unforgivable under any circumstances and the "I didn't know" excuse will not excuse anyone, including Christians and non-Believers alike, any more than when one murders someone in cold blood without reason or commits another high crime in this world, no matter whether they are Believers or not, and claim they did not know there was a penalty for doing so, and even apologizes, they will still have to most certainly pay a very heavy price no matter who they are or their excuse. Only that punishment would be wonderful by comparison because it may only get someone life in prison but this matter will get you unequivocally condemned throughout eternity.

Don't take this lightly by putting this matter to the test. God is completely serious about this and I, for one, don't want to see any of you having to suffer eternal consequences. And while we don't know exactly where God will send that soul, we know being a soul that cannot ever be forgiven due to this sin, it will be a place completely devoid of God's love and His everlasting light.

May God Bless Each and Everyone Of You!

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Shim
10-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Please bear in mind that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is a very serious offense against God, THE Most Serious and carries the harshest punishment!

If it sounds like I am preaching to you and you want to criticize me for it, then this time, so be it. But this is just too serious to just stand by and do nothing as I don't want for any of you to have to pay the consequences, no matter who you are.

"Wherefore I say unto you, ALL manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." -- MATTHEW 12:31-32 (KJV)

This means that if one should accidentally blaspheme against the Son of Man (Jesus), e.g., cuss and use His name in vain but confesses that sin with contrite heart it can be forgiven because God is just that merciful! And in order to forgive, it means you have to ask for it in order to get it. But for those who would take the name of the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost in vain and blaspheme in any way, shape, or form, it cannot be forgiven either in this world or the next and that is where we are all headed after this life ends. So, a word of Extreme Caution, please refrain from any jokes, etc. in this manner against the Holy Spirit/Ghost as not only is it the most ugly to do so and shows complete and utter disrespect for God but in effect, it imperils one forever when done. This is Biblical, not just me speaking here.

Therefore, please don't take a chance here as that sin is the only one that is completely unforgivable under any circumstances and the "I didn't know" excuse will not excuse anyone, including Christians and non-Believers alike, any more than when one murders someone in cold blood without reason or commits another high crime in this world, no matter whether they are Believers or not, and claim they did not know there was a penalty for doing so, and even apologizes, they will still have to most certainly pay a very heavy price no matter who they are or their excuse. Only that punishment would be wonderful by comparison because it may only get someone life in prison but this matter will get you unequivocally condemned throughout eternity.

Don't take this lightly by putting this matter to the test. God is completely serious about this and I, for one, don't want to see any of you having to suffer eternal consequences. And while we don't know exactly where God will send that soul, we know being a soul that cannot ever be forgiven due to this sin, it will be a place completely devoid of God's love and His everlasting light.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Amen,

God bless, Angelbreeze

psychoslice
10-04-2011, 04:55 AM

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

I believe that one is blaspheming the so called Holy spirit when they deny their true Being, their true SELF, the Christ that they are.

Shim
10-04-2011, 04:57 AM
I believe that one is blaspheming the so called Holy spirit when they deny their true Being, their true SELF, the Christ that they are.

Here's a great article, I could post several but this one will say what the others repeat. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1218)

Love&Light
10-04-2011, 06:45 AM

(edit)

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

I think Jesus probably laughs at jokes made about him, and probably makes such jokes himself! I find it hard to imagine that he would even agree with blasphemy! He would want people to express themselves in any way they wish to, getting punished for something you've said is quite ridiculous! And I'm sure he would agree!:smile:

I'm not trying to cause upset!:hug3:

Internal Queries
10-04-2011, 12:34 PM
um ... i could never figure out what the blasphemy against the holy spirt might be. it's not like there's a definition.

ROM
10-04-2011, 12:56 PM
I am not sure either. I suppose it means cursing and foul language, etc.

On another note... The Holy Spirit is supposed to be the Will of God, ie His Laws. So, if one goes against these Laws, I can see how it could be 'unpardonable' since one is ignorant of it.

But I'm not sure.

LightFilledHeart
10-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Jesus was a human being. A man, like any other, embodied by a soul of great wisdom and antiquity. He achieved christ-consciousness in the context of a single lifetime, exampling for each and every one of us that it is possible to achieve. Jesus was most certainly the son of God, but in the same way you and I and every other being are sons and daughters of God, made in God's own image... i.e., spirit. Where I part ways with Christian belief and definition is that I have never considered him to be the Great Exception, but rather the Great Example :wink:

Internal Queries
10-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I am not sure either. I suppose it means cursing and foul language, etc.

On another note... The Holy Spirit is supposed to be the Will of God, ie His Laws. So, if one goes against these Laws, I can see how it could be 'unpardonable' since one is ignorant of it.

But I'm not sure.

well no. it can't be just "cursing and foul language" since such things can be forgiven if one asks for forgiveness via Jesus. right? so the blasphemy against the holy spirit, being unforgivable, must be some special sin. i find it rather mean spirited to institute such scary irrevocable threat to the soul and not define what the special unforgivable sin is.

Mind's Eye
10-04-2011, 02:39 PM

Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit

This is what I mean about religion. What we see above in the quote is a very popular phrase that many people spout, but each one has a different definition of what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is... and usually it is some dark, cryptic thing that some pastor, priest or author has incorrectly interpreted.

Someone once said that the Bible is so simple to understand, that we need help to misunderstand it... and that statement is more true than most know. So what is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? Let us take a look and see where religion has misled many of you on this and countless other accounts.

Go back and read the story in your Bibles. I have not time to look up chapter and verse right now. But the story goes that Jesus was healing and doing miracles. Then the religious leaders of the day began to say that he had a demon, and that it was by the power of Satan that he did his mighty works.... Jesus then turns to them and gives his basic speech about those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven.

Look at the context people, and stop believing every doctrine and idea of nonsense that is spewed from organized religion to keep you in the shackles of fear.

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to say that the work of the spirit is evil and from evil forces!!!

It is right in the context of the story in the Bible. Look at what Jesus was doing... then look how the religious leaders responded to it.... and then look what Jesus says in return.

Context and common sense folks.. It is not like Jesus is doing something, the Jewish leaders say his works are from Satan and then Jesus turns around and starts talking about a totally different and confusing subject that was never clearly explained. That would have been foolish and made no sense. JESUS WAS ANSWERING THEIR CHARGES THAT HIS MIRACLES WERE BY THE POWER OF SATAN!!!!

Yet how many people today in organized religion say that any "miracle" that takes place outside of their religion is the work of Satan. Some in Christianity even say that miracles have passed away and claim those churches that believe in miracles and healing are directed by the devil himself.

And so there you have religion being caught in its own web and contradicting itself again... They have all kinds of wild theories about what blaspheming the spirit is...... yet there they are doing it and not even understanding the book they claim contains the whole of the truth.

Miss Hepburn
10-04-2011, 04:36 PM
It happened to Diana Troy - so why not Mary?

Miss Hepburn
10-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Yet how many people today in organized religion say that any "miracle" that takes place outside of their religion is the work of Satan. Some in Christianity even say that miracles have passed away and claim those churches that believe in miracles and healing are directed by the devil himself.

I know! On a Catholic site I'm on - I informed them of Braco - the healer from Croatia ---they asked - Does he believe in Jesus ? Does he promote Jesus? What religion is He? I would never recommend anyone go to him - he is from the liar.

My answer was -' He's a healer. People get healed. I don't know what his beliefs are. He may be a Jew. But, usually people from Croatia are Catholic.'

Sorry for this being "centered" - I don't know why it is.
:smile:

Mind's Eye
10-04-2011, 04:51 PM
I know! On a Catholic site I'm on - I informed them of Braco - the healer from Croatia ---they asked - Does he believe in Jesus ? Does he promote Jesus? What religion is He? I would never recommend anyone go to him - he is from the liar.

My answer was -' He's a healer. People get healed. I don't know what his beliefs are. He may be a Jew. But, usually people from Croatia are Catholic.'

Sorry for this being "centered" - I don't know why it is.

[/center]
[/left]

Many people give more credit to their Satan than they do their God.. Satan is killing, stealing, destroying and working many false miracles... But God is out behind a rock somewhere watching to see what happens.

Internal Queries
10-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Many people give more credit to their Satan than they do their God.. Satan is killing, stealing, destroying and working many false miracles... But God is out behind a rock somewhere watching to see what happens.

the funny thing is ... the OT myths has the Hebrew god doing far more killing and destroying than his adversary.

AngelBreeze
10-04-2011, 05:35 PM
um ... i could never figure out what the blasphemy against the holy spirt might be. it's not like there's a definition.

Greetings Internal Queries,

It doesn't take much, actually, to understand what that could be. If you curse against the Holy Spirit or say something bad and sacrilegious against Him or even joke in a distasteful way, that is blasphemy because it is showing great and utter disrespect for the Holy Spirit which is a sin that is not forgivable according to God.

There are those who continue to make light of this but I sure would not want to be caught in their shoes believe me! That is extremely dangerous to do and while some may not place much value upon their own soul and spirit, I certainly do since we never cease to exist even after we leave this world and the punishment will follow one where ever they end up and be there forever for them to have to contend with! Again, I hope people will come to know and understand the grievous sin it is to blaspheme in any way against the Holy Spirit.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Internal Queries
10-04-2011, 05:49 PM

It doesn't take much, actually, to understand what that could be. If you curse against the Holy Spirit or say something bad and sacrilegious against Him or even joke in a distasteful way, that is blasphemy because it is showing great and utter disrespect for the Holy Spirit which is a sin that is not forgivable according to God.

There are those who continue to make light of this but I sure would not want to be caught in their shoes believe me! That is extremely dangerous to do and while some may not place much value upon their own soul and spirit, I certainly do since we never cease to exist even after we leave this world and the punishment will follow one where ever they end up and be there forever for them to have to contend with! Again, I hope people will come to know and understand the grievous sin it is to blaspheme in any way against the Holy Spirit.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

hmmm. first off, if the "Holy Spirit" has a gender it would be female, The Shekinah, so anyOne disrespecting femininity would be the ones with the endangered souls.

however, i do not believe the soul (being a part of "God") can be endangered so your second paragraph makes no impression on people like me. spiritual coersion via threats of eternity spent in your god's torture chamber certainly does not denote Love so your "I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light." is male bovine feces. if threatening me with eternal damnation is your idea of Love you can keep your "love" to yourself, thank you very much.

Mind's Eye
10-04-2011, 06:31 PM
hmmm. first off, if the "Holy Spirit" has a gender it would be female, The Shekinah, so anyOne disrespecting femininity would be the ones with the endangered souls.

however, i do not believe the soul (being a part of "God") can be endangered so your second paragraph makes no impression on people like me. spiritual coersion via threats of eternity spent in your god's torture chamber certainly does not denote Love so your "I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light." is male bovine feces. if threatening me with eternal damnation is your idea of Love you can keep your "love" to yourself, thank you very much.
Wouldn't God want people to come to him out of love.. and not have to be threatened and scared into having faith in him?

Religion blinds the eyes of reason IQ and nothing anyone can say, even if it makes perfect sense, will ever change that.

Internal Queries
10-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Wouldn't God want people to come to him out of love.. and not have to be threatened and scared into having faith in him?

Religion blinds the eyes of reason IQ and nothing anyone can say, even if it makes perfect sense, will ever change that.

oh i know. i was a Fundy Christian during my teens. i was what was called a "Jesus Freak". i too decorated my smug self righteous hell mongering with flowers, glitter and "love". i too sincerely believed that threatening nonChristians with eternal teeth gnashing agony was a "godly" way of doing them a favor. and i realize that Fundy Christians get my boxers in a bunch because they embarass me with my past.

Miss Hepburn
10-04-2011, 10:06 PM
oh i know. i was a Fundy Christian during my teens. i was what was called a "Jesus Freak". i too decorated my smug self righteous hell mongering with flowers, glitter and "love". i too sincerely believed that threatening nonChristians with eternal teeth gnashing agony was a "godly" way of doing them a favor. and i realize that Fundy Christians get my boxers in a bunch honestly because they embarass me with my past.
Many Christian brothers and sisters embarrass me, also.
That's why I can only say now, 'I love Jesus' - not that I'm a 'Christian', lest
I turn people off.

Shim
10-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Regardless of your opinions, Christianity teaches that there is a hell as real as a heaven. And hell is for those who have not accepted the atonement of Jesus Christ. If one does not believe this then why bother inquiring on Christianity? Regardless of your opinion, the Christian Bible teaches this. I realize that Universalism teaches that no one goes to hell, even those that do not believe in the atonement of Jesus Christ. And one will never win when arguing with an Universalist, as all ways lead to heaven. Even though Christianity does not teach this, then one either has to admit the fault in their teaching or admit that all ways do not lead to heaven.

Mind's Eye
11-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Regardless of your opinions, Christianity teaches that there is a hell as real as a heaven. And hell is for those who have not accepted the atonement of Jesus Christ. If one does not believe this then why bother inquiring on Christianity? Regardless of your opinion, the Christian Bible teaches this. I realize that Universalism teaches that no one goes to hell, even those that do not believe in the atonement of Jesus Christ. And one will never win when arguing with an Universalist, as all ways lead to heaven. Even though Christianity does not teach this, then one either has to admit the fault in their teaching or admit that all ways do not lead to heaven.

And this is why many see Christianity as being a negative religion that even contains a torture chamber.

I don't think what Jesus taught was wrong. I think how we have interpreted it is wrong.

Internal Queries
11-04-2011, 02:30 PM
fortunately religious dogma only creates spiritual reality for those who believe in it. religious fundies can't dictate to "God" what truly happens (if anything) to the souls of nonbelievers. as more and more people become educated to the wide variety of belief systems and/or create their own "God" concepts threats of eternal punishment as a control mechanism become less and less effective.

AngelBreeze
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM

Greetings, Internal Queries,

The Holy Spirit is not female. He is male as is God and Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is One in The Holy Trinity and they are all defined as male. As such He is part of Jesus and God.

I'm sorry you personally feel that way however, it does not detract from the truth. You seem very embittered by wanting to have your cake and eat it too, so to speak. Being that angry or embittered cannot be good for one.

I do not make up these rules or spiritual laws. God does. As such, He is in full control of them and if one does not want to follow them there are always penalties, just as I have explained before about man's laws. A person can live as they please as long as no laws are broken. But if you break man's laws you have to pay a penalty. If you break God's laws there is surely a penalty. If you perceive that as a threat, then you are not looking at the situation with the proper perspective. You do not have to turn to that which is bad in life that conflicts with God's law and order. Why not look to the good instead and practice it, if you would. Then there would be little conflict with spiritual laws. When one does good as opposed to bad, they align with goodness as God commands. When they depart from goodness, they choose a different path which is no longer a part of God thus, walking a wayward path brings inevitable consequences.

And again I would ask you: Why do you feel threatened with eternal damnation if you are living a rightful, correct, and loving life according to God's will with self and others?

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Internal Queries
11-04-2011, 03:46 PM
believe what you want, AngelBreeze. if you want to believe that most of the human population will end up writhing forever in teeth gnashing agony go for it and have fun with that. but your dogmatic beliefs have absolutely no impact on the destiny of my soul. "sorry" if that fact frustrates you.

lol i don't feel threatened by your hell threats. you and people like you merely irritate me because you remind me of what a self righteous hell mongering fundy i used to be ... which embarasses me in front of mySelf.

AngelBreeze
11-04-2011, 04:06 PM
believe what you want, AngelBreeze. your dogmatic beliefs have absolutely no impact on the destiny of my soul.

Internal Queries, you are certainly free to believe as you want due to your free will. My beliefs are based on what God's laws dictate. Ultimately, the greatest impact and destiny on a person's soul, as you put it, will be due to God's laws and whether they are observed and practiced or not in one's life.

lol i don't feel threatened by your hell threats. you and people like you merely irritate me because you remind me of what a self righteous hell mongering fundy i used to be ... which embarasses me in front of mySelf.

Again, you are free to believe as you choose. As an added observation, it is interesting that you are always thinking in terms of "hell." But I will say that others have sure learned the hard way by having had such beliefs before they saw the light.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Miss Hepburn
11-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Everybody raise your hands - who thinks AngelBreeze is a young born again girl.
Who thinks AngelBreeze is a man with a Phd ?
No peeking til later...

Just went to your profile AngelBreeze - quite impressive.

:wink:

Internal Queries
11-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Again, you are free to believe as you choose. As an added observation, it is interesting that you are always thinking in terms of "hell." But I will say that others have sure learned the hard way by having had such beliefs before they saw the light.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

back at ya.

may you someday have the ability to climb out of confines of your religious box wherein all see is your own deified ego and all you hear is the echoes of your own fears. in the meantime, i'll be working on forgiving myself for having ever been like you are now. maybe someday we'll meet as friends.

Miss Hepburn
11-04-2011, 04:32 PM
back at ya.
may you someday have the ability to climb out of confines of your religious box wherein all see is your own deified ego and all you hear is the echoes of your own fears. in the meantime, i'll be working on forgiving myself for having ever been like you are now. maybe someday we'll meet as friends.Wow, that was a really strong post - my eyebrows are still raised.

AngelBreeze
11-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow, that was a really strong post - my eyebrows are still raised.

Warm greetings, Miss Hepburn!

Indeed there are those who have blinded themselves in their quest to depart from God's laws and who do not see now. They will try to justify everything in their power to accept their own state of being as the correct state, even when deep down they realize it is in direct contradiction with God's laws. That is what is sad about that way of thinking and being. The hole they dig for themselves is getting deeper and deeper, and in the end, when they are covered up to their nose, they will have none other to blame for their dilemma but themselves. All that will be left uncovered will be their eyes. It is then when they will finally see the error in their way of thinking. We should pray for those who will justify a departure from God and His laws in such a manner as to choose self-aggrandizement instead. Prayer is Always a good thing. It helps the soul and the spirit of those who are lost and who are searching though they may be currently in denial of that.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Miss Hepburn
11-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Warm greetings, Miss Hepburn!

Indeed there are those who have blinded themselves in their quest to depart from God's laws and who do not see now. They will try to justify everything in their power to accept their own state of being as the correct state, even when deep down they realize it is in direct contradiction with God's laws. That is what is sad about that way of thinking and being. The hole they dig for themselves is getting deeper and deeper, and in the end, when they are covered up to their nose, they will have none other to blame for their dilemma but themselves. All that will be left uncovered will be their eyes. It is then when they will finally see the error in their way of thinking. We should pray for those who will justify a departure from God and His laws in such a manner as to choose self-aggrandizement instead. Prayer is Always a good thing. It helps the soul and the spirit of those who are lost and who are searching though they may be currently in denial of that.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Hey, I love ya AngelBreeze - you love God, you're enthusiastic, your heart is good...yes, prayer is always good...

However, as a sister that loves God and Jesus may I suggest that
saying above... that people are
departing from God's laws
or they are in direct contradiction with God's laws
or that it is sad
or they are digging a hole
or they will be covered to their noses
or have to blame themselves
or they have an error in their thinking
or they are choosing self-aggrandizement
or you are praying for those that are lost...

If you step back - can you see how this turns people off to Christians?

It doesn't serve God to chase people away from the
thing you want to draw them to.

This is the fear based approach that has been pointed out.

I know that you can see this -you are not stupid.
Maybe just a bit clouded because of your enthusiasm, maybe?
Maybe because of some fire and brimstone preacher that you may be listening to?
I don't know.

But many of us have been there - and I'll tell you it does not draw people to our beloved Father.
It repells them.

I hope you take this in the sisterly spirit it was written - you're my bro - just taking you under my arm a little.

It's just the approach I'm talking about here - believe what you want - whether correct or not -- that's not my issue here.

Thanks,
Miss Hepburn

Mind's Eye
11-04-2011, 07:10 PM
ANGELBREEZE.... Do I smell hypocrisy in the house? I am not poking fun mind you, but I just had a look at your profile. Firstly, and not so importantly, I was shocked to see you are a male. All this time I thought you were a she.

And now to the actual important issue; You write many things about people breaking God's laws, sin, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and the reality of hell...

Yet I see that you practice a form of energy healing, psychic readings and the like...... If you are so steeped in the born again, fundamentalist Christian experience, you would know that your religion prohibits such New Age and occult practices. And they absolutely say that you cannot practice these things as a Christian and none of these things can ever be done to the glory of God.

It appears that you are the one trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Looks like you broke a few laws on the way to the courthouse to prove how guilty everyone else was.

Peace...

Shim
11-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey, I love ya AngelBreeze - you love God, you're enthusiastic, your heart is good...yes, prayer is always good...

or that it is sad

I don't know.

But many of us have been there - and I'll tell you it does not draw people to our beloved Father.
It repells them.

I hope you take this in the sisterly spirit it was written - you're my bro - just taking you under my arm a little.

It's just the approach I'm talking about here - believe what you want - whether correct or not -- that's not my issue here.

Thanks,
Miss Hepburn

And I do know that telling people what they want to hear for the sake of winning a popularity contest turns many Christians away.

Some need the fire and brimstone message, I know that I do every once and awhile. To me it is like living a life where I'm on the road to imprisonment for committing crimes.

Personally I love to here about one of the many attributes of God, namely his Justice. I don't think the Hell and brimstone message bothers people who have put their faith in the Lord. What about you Miss Hepburn? Does it personally bother you? I know it does at times when I'm starting to stray away and there's something I am hiding, the message has a way of convicting someone's conscious.

I think that not sharing the fire and brimstone message does people disservice, and is just a watered down version of the Bible, just wait and get through the message instead of rejecting it, there's a brighter side at the other end of the message. I'm just amazed at how many people oppose the message instead of asking the simple question, how can I avoid going to hell? Would it not make us better people?

Arrogant? It is said that Christians are not the authors of Jesus' words. They are only the mail carriers. Merely delivering the mail is not being arrogant. Rather, mocking and speaking against God's holy revelation of salvation in Jesus Christ--that's arrogant.

Miss Hepburn
11-04-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't think the Hell and brimstone message bothers people who have put their faith in the Lord.
What about you Miss Hepburn?
Does it personally bother you?
I know it does at times when I'm starting to stray away and there's something I am hiding, the message has a way of convicting someone's conscious.

I only think it is a shame to use fear to bring people closer to God.
I have absolutely no "fear" of any fire or brimstone from my Father.
Believe what you need to.
And you are correct - I have said this before there are some that "need" to be scared into looking to our Loving Lord.
Oh well...whatever it takes.

I know I wouldn't want my child to come to me out of fear.

Now, my dumb dog needs some fear of scolding - but, that is to simply protect her and save her life - running into the street, for example.

See, I'm not a dumb dog...
and it is apparent many brothers and sisters here are no longer either...

I'm a princess daughter of a Loving King. And you are a princely son that can open to all that is yours.
I am His beloved daughter that sees fear is laughable.
He may have used that early on because man was so dumb.
It was maybe for his protection. (I'm thinking of some things from Deut., if that is even true.)

Fear is an antiquated, primitive paradigm...to me, anyway.

These were hard words for me to write - bec I don't want to insult anyone - but
it sure comes out that way, sorry.

And I do know that telling people what they want to hear for the sake of winning a popularity contest turns many Christians away.

I didn't understand this sentence.
But I could say repelling people from God, not ourselves, is the issue. I would like God to be popular and adored, not feared.

Shim
11-04-2011, 09:43 PM
I only think it is a shame to use fear to bring people closer to God.
I have absolutely no "fear" of any fire or brimstone from my Father.
Believe what you need to.
And you are correct - I have said this before there are some that "need" to be scared into looking to our Loving Lord.
Oh well...whatever it takes.

I know I wouldn't want my child to come to me out of fear.

Now, my dumb dog needs some fear of scolding - but, that is to simply protect her and save her life - running into the street, for example.

See, I'm not a dumb dog...
and it is apparent many brothers and sisters here are no longer either...

I'm a princess daughter of a Loving King. And you are a princely son that can open to all that is yours.
I am His beloved daughter that sees fear is laughable.
He may have used that early on because man was so dumb.
It was maybe for his protection. (I'm thinking of some things from Deut., if that is even true.)

Fear is an antiquated, primitive paradigm...to me, anyway.

These were hard words for me to write - bec I don't want to insult anyone - but
it sure comes out that way, sorry.

I didn't understand this sentence.
But I could say repelling people from God, not ourselves, is the issue. I would like God to be popular and adored, not feared.

I hadn't shared your post, but asked one child if we should fear God? They began to go into the creator of the universe and what awesome power he has, but I interrupted. And just asked why should we fear God? The child said, "We were created by God who loves us and wants a relationship with us, but he has rules. We can only pursue this relationship and follow his rules out of fear for him."

I have never before got into a discussion with any child about fear, I was just curious how one child has perceived the message thus far, in the years of their biblical and church education. Interesting nonetheless...

Triner
12-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Wow, that was a really strong post - my eyebrows are still raised.

Any stronger than insinuating someone will go burn forever in fire and brimstone if one doesn't believe the way you want? I know some Christians think that's the way to help "save" someone, but it seems an awful hateful thing to say.

Miss Hepburn
12-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Any stronger than insinuating someone will go burn forever in fire and brimstone if one doesn't believe the way you want?
:D No. it wasn't any stronger than that! :icon_eek:

:D :wink:

Miss Hepburn
12-04-2011, 12:26 AM
I hadn't shared your post, but asked one child if we should fear God?
They began to go into the creator of the universe and what awesome power he has, but I interrupted.
And just asked why should we fear God? The child said, "We wer
e created by God who loves us and wants a relationship with us, but he has rules.
We can only pursue this relationship and follow his rules out of fear for him."

I have never before got into a discussion with any child about fear, I was just curious how one child has perceived the message thus far, in the years of their biblical and church education.
Interesting nonetheless...
Yes, it is interesting and thank you for sharing it, Shim.
I don't think any comment is necessary - it would be too obvious.
Bless you and yours, bro.

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 02:21 AM

Thank you, Miss Hepburn! I'm glad you acknowledge my passion for Christ!

or that it is sad

If speaking to them frankly about what many are now doing turns people off, Miss Hepburn, then I submit to you that it is because they are not willing to embrace a truth that is hard to take yet can Save their own soul.

But then it is not I who "chase" them away, Miss Hepburn, they do a good job of running away themselves when they refuse to embrace the truth that is from God. If they are truly drawn to God, then no matter what anyone else would say, or how they would say it, including my words, it would be incapable of chasing them away because God would be inside their heart and they would feel Him there.The problem for many is that they are steadfast (at least for now) in that they want to distance themselves from God rather than align with Him and His teachings. They have already made up their minds, and could tell you so for themselves, so I am not chasing them away at all and that distinction must be made. But that distance from God, in some, may change yet with God's doing, not mine as I am not of the power as He to touch a person's heart and transform an otherwise cold, hard heart into a loving tender one capable of following His teachings and His path.

Having fear of the Lord is not bad, Miss Hepburn. The Bible teaches us to fear the Lord because if there was no fear of Him, regarding the consequences of sin, it would motivate many to run their life as wildly and lasciviously as they wanted (not that some don't do it now.) They would run their life without morals if they so wished, fearing no reprisals or correction as a consequence to disobeying God, His Commandments, and His Laws. Can you imagine if there were no laws to punish those who do wrong here in this country, how crime would run amok! So we need both God's laws and man's laws to prevent that from ever happening and to steer people in the right direction for their own good as well as that of many others.

My enthusiasm is well known as is my passion for discussions centering around God, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. That is because it rings completely true to me having witnessed the many miracles God has performed in my own life and in that of others for some time. And firmly believing the words of Jesus and that it is only He who can give us Salvation, which is for eternity, I am more than motivated to share His message enthusiastically with all others as the Bible has taught Christians to do. Others may not want to hear that and that is evident from some of the responses I get at times. But then there were those who did not love Jesus either and did not want to hear His words. Yet He went on to Save them through His crucifixion and resurrection. I am not Jesus and cannot Save anyone, but I can bring the words that He gave to us to help Save those who are willing to listen. And there are quite a few, more than one would care to realize.

I don't know.

Actually, I listen to those folks not so much. I know they mean well but I carry God's message deep in my heart and love to impart His words unto others without needing to listen to preachers to teach me how. Each presents the Lord's message as they are so chosen to do.

It repells them.

And again, that is most unfortunate, Miss Hepburn. If someone can listen to someone else speak with great passion on what they believe about God and it would repel them, then I submit to you their heart was not with God to begin with. But it can be at any time they so choose it to be! God always welcomes them back!

No problem, Miss Hepburn. You speak in your own way also as is true to you. It is when people vehemently wish to undo the words of God as the Bible presents them, in favor of a more mundane collection of beliefs that they wish for *me* to believe in that I have to draw the line and speak even more about God who is the only One I strongly believe in and follow as you well know.

Yes, certainly I will continue to believe in what rings so true to my heart about God. It would be wonderful for others to embrace Him likewise as I do but then I know they are free to believe as they so choose and as you say, " .... whether correct or not" ...."

Thanks,
Miss Hepburn

Certainly. But don't be so sure that everyone is being "turned off" by the messages I present in the way that I do. I receive many messages through PM that show me that people are listening and agreeing with what I say. And to those great people incidentally, and you know who you are, I wish you every blessing in the Name of Jesus Christ! Please continue to witness unto me about how God has touched or is beginning to touch your life and the wonderful things that are now happening because of it! I will offer additional prayer and my full support on your behalf, be assured of that.

Walk in peace, Miss Hepburn, with love by your side always!

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 05:33 AM
ANGELBREEZE.... Do I smell hypocrisy in the house? I am not poking fun mind you, but I just had a look at your profile. Firstly, and not so importantly, I was shocked to see you are a male. All this time I thought you were a she.

Greetings, The Sphinx,

I thought everybody knew that. But would it have indeed mattered if I were a "she"? That's what can happen when one does not read a person's profile beforehand. In another thread, it may interest you to know, there was a male who was acting flirty with someone he thought was a female but who was, in effect, another male. He appeared to be showing much affection to him and I don't know if he ever found out it was a "he" he was speaking to. But that can sure happen when one does not check first! Though I will have to admit that I have not always checked first either.

And now to the actual important issue; You write many things about people breaking God's laws, sin, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and the reality of hell...

Yet I see that you practice a form of energy healing, psychic readings and the like...... If you are so steeped in the born again, fundamentalist Christian experience, you would know that your religion prohibits such New Age and occult practices. And they absolutely say that you cannot practice these things as a Christian and none of these things can ever be done to the glory of God.

That which helps a person with God's Power is of God and not of the devil for How can Satan cast out Satan? My readings center around God and His angels who are charged with keeping us in all our ways. I make that clear distinction. When helping other people I use the gifts that are God-given, regardless of what man says. God intends for us to use those gifts to help mankind and glorify God as I do. These gifts from God also cannot be called "New Age" or "Occult" as there are very distinct differences in what is done. A little later I will show you the Biblical references to that which I do.

You must realize that God gave mankind the ability to know things intuitively. That is why we all get "hunches", intuitive feelings, gut reactions, etc. when faced with certain circumstances. If that were not a natural part of our abilities, we would not be able to discern these things on a higher level of understanding. For example, when you think of someone and the telephone rings and it is they who are on the line, you have used this gift. Similarly, when you suddenly get the feeling that something is wrong with someone and you call and find out that it is indeed the case, that is yet another example of how the human psyche is able to warn one about things thus, this is a natural ability that should not be overlooked. It more than likely has happened to you many a time. So, speaking about hypocrisy, let's not pretend that has not happened to you.

The Holy Bible has also given us several references to psychic or intuitive abilities though it is not referred to as "psychic" which is derived from a Greek word meaning higher understanding above the normal. Jesus was able to know things before it happened. Of course He is the Son of God and that ability is expected. However, He also told us the following in the Scriptures outlined in red so that we would know that we too, as His followers, have certain abilities to work with to further glorify Him.

Of course, it is in what you are doing that must be watched. If you serve others as well as yourself in a benevolent manner through your spiritual gifts it is good. If you serve others in a malevolent way, it would not be good. Many do not realize that the KEY is is doing the work For the Glory of God. But some would not want to acknowledge the following directive from God. However, I follow JESUS/GOD, not man-made directives wanting to overrule that which God has clearly given unto us as in the following Scriptures.

And to make it perfectly clear, I work under the authority of the following Scriptures.

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will." -- I CORINTHIANS 12:7-11 (KJV)

I am presenting this rather lengthy Biblical information not that I have to, but that I want to, so that you can understand, unequivocally, where I receive my authority to do the spiritual work that I do. And all is done For the Glory Of God! You and others should certainly know me well enough by now to know that I would never entertain the thought of working with any malevolent energy or entity! Whenever a person is helped, I give all glory to God, unequivocally!

As to the "energy healing" that I practice, whether it's called "Reiki", "laying-on of hands", "Spiritual touching", etc. etc., it is done through the following, "to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;". And by virtue of the fact that it is 'Spiritual Healing', it comes unequivocally from God. I hope you know and understand that the devil does not heal. He never has and he never will. He destroys! Therefore, when we speak about laying-on of hands, such as in Reiki, it is God who is in control of the energy as I or any other Reiki practitioner would not be capable of healing anyone in and by ourselves but by the gift that God gives unto us to help humanity. It may interest you to know that many Christian people including priests, nuns, sisters, clergy, etc. now are using Reiki on the self as well as others. Many also teach it in churches and other places of worship. And Reiki, the 'energy healing' that you call it, is also done in many hospitals, clinics, doctor's offices, and taught in many colleges and universities of which subscribe to Christian principles. If it were bad, it would certainly not be done in any of those places.

But if you need more convincing that Reiki comes from God, then please make sure to visit each of the following websites for your answer.

Sister Clare Lentz is a Catholic Sister who practices Reiki. She speaks about it under the paragraph entitled "How is Providence significant in your life?" http://www.sistersofprovidence.net/sister-clare-lentz

The prestigious International Center for Reiki Training has this to say: http://www.christianreiki.org/info/FAQ.htm

http://www.joanstjohn.com/reiki.html

http://www.veniceymca.com/wellness-mindbody.shtml

http://www.angelfire.com/my/healinglight/

http://www.reikigeorgetown.com/

http://www.dabtheaidsbearproject.com/reiki.html

Even a *Doctor* has this to say! http://www.parkavefertility.com/reiki.html

http://heartinhandhealing.com/faq.html

http://site.easyreiki.com/About.html

There are far too numerous other websites that will reveal that Reiki comes from God. And if space allowed I would be glad to list them all, especially people aligned with the church who practice and teach Reiki.

It appears that you are the one trying to have your cake and eat it too.

My "cake" comes from the gifts that God provides me with. It is a sweet gift that I love to divide and share with others In His Name.

Looks like you broke a few laws on the way to the courthouse to prove how guilty everyone else was.

Peace...

Broke laws? I think not. However, in your mind I can see that you have already decided that I can do no good, and though I will differ with you on that, it would be a futile attempt to argue on that point. But the bottom line is that I listen to the Words of God and act with Authority in His Name with the gifts He has given unto me in order to help those who reach out to me. With the gift of laying-on of hands as in Reiki, I always ask God to initiate whatever spiritual healing would take place and to be with me throughout the session though I need not say a word since He conducts all healing automatically with His magnificent power as I am only a "channel" for the energy. I always keep Him in mind and heart, close to me throughout a session or class.

As for speaking to others, as in a "spiritual reading", that is done by working with God and His angels before, during, and throughout the session as well, and as I hear messages intended for the recipient, I relay those words which come directly from the heart In His Name. Perhaps that is what sets me apart from others who do this work but I am not them and they are not me. I honor God, respect Him, and Work for Him with the gifts He has given unto me and allows me to use in service to others as He so directs.

Peace to you also. By the way, thank you for your large script, it will surely help others to be able to read what is being said in each case.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Triner
12-04-2011, 11:24 AM
And to make it perfectly clear, I work under the authority of the following Scriptures.
<quote from scripture>

Sadly, the last person I heard say something like this was a member of Al-qaeda. I think it was al-Zawahiri. I've heard the Taliban say similar things. They're just quoting a differerent book. But THEY also think they're quoting the word of God.

In all cases, the use is the same. It give the reader a sense... no, not a sense, they have more than a sense, it absolute surety. The surety of self-righteousness, judgement, and the right to spew hateful things. :icon_frown:

Mind's Eye
12-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Angelbreeze;

I didn't say you broke laws or did something wrong.. but religion will tell you that you have.

Before I became a certified hypnotist, I had many christians tell me not to do it, because it was not of God and dangerous. And I am talking pastors and priests here as well.

Imagine the arguments I heard when I took a psychic development class as well. Droves of people said I was flirting with the devil and I needed to repent and pray to God for the real gift of prophecy.

I spent hours and years studying christianity when I was deeply rooted in the religion. I wanted to be a minister at one time.. I am even ordained. And the mass consensus is that all of these things are not from God, have nothing to do with christianity and are from false eastern religions and the occult.

So yes, according to the religion that you adhere to, you are mixing truth with demonic practices.

I quoted the scriptures you listed myself.... even sought the advice of ten pastors and two priests... and they all said the same thing... that these practices were not of God and false gifts of the enemy. Droves of christian authors have agreed with this verdict in their books as well...

Miss Hepburn
12-04-2011, 02:12 PM
... the last person I heard say something like this was a member of Al-qaeda. .

I know this wasn't meant to be funny, but I'm cleaning my keypad up
right now.
:redface:

This whole thing makes me wonder - What was it that made us (me) change ?
Our hearts were equally as 'good'---- it came from within, I think.
Well, and maybe seeing I was not serving my Father - not looking at the faces of some people
----the change happened pretty quickly for me - my passion and zeal and love for Him that I wanted to share
was not being shared properly...I mean I never used fear as a message...but, too much quoting from a Bible they didn't even believe in
turned them off so much --- so, by His Grace, other ways of communicating God's Love were shown to me.

Now, my friends are trusting Him more - asking Him for inner guidance - and are, thus, happier relying on Him, turning to Him/Her/It first
for all their trouble; reading more about Him - opening more to the Love instead of the conflicts of this world.
They report back to me on many wonderful things.
They are even open now to healings of all things! You don't know what a shift this all is. It's taken a full year of watching
me and my life and how I have no stress and everything always works out, etc.

Oh, how I go on....

It's kind of like 'always preach the gospel and when necessary - use words...'

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Sadly, the last person I heard say something like this was a member of Al-qaeda. I think it was al-Zawahiri. I've heard the Taliban say similar things. They're just quoting a differerent book. But THEY also think they're quoting the word of God.

In all cases, the use is the same. It give the reader a sense... no, not a sense, they have more than a sense, it absolute surety. The surety of self-righteousness, judgement, and the right to spew hateful things. :icon_frown:

Greetings Triner, I see that you're comparing me with those who murder and incite terror, a terrible comparison most all would agree, even those who do not agree with me philosophically I'm sure. And let me further correct you, the use of Biblical Scripture is certainly and unequivocally Not the same. However, I see that rather than have a fruitful and peaceful discussion you would rather incite hate and violence in your message.

Because you may not believe in God is not a reason to compare those who do with groups like you have mentioned. You should be ashamed of yourself.

However, I am a forgiving person through my strong belief in Jesus Christ and though you say what you say, God knows the truth and so do many others therefore, when topics involving kindness, love, and goodwill as well as Biblical passages are presented in discussions here, with God as the focal point, there can be absolutely no comparison with what you have brought up. I wish you well and may the rancor that exists in your heart be replaced by the love of God in your life.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Internal Queries
12-04-2011, 02:28 PM
IMO, the ONLY comparison Triner is making is in that a Christian fundy and an Islamic zealot both use their holy text as a platform for their supposed god given "authority".

of course, one can be obtuse if it suits ones persecution complex.

Triner
12-04-2011, 02:32 PM
IMO, the ONLY comparison Triner is making is in that a Christian fundy and an Islamic zealot both use their holy text as a platform for their supposed god given "authority".

You're correct.

Triner
12-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Greetings Triner, I see that you're comparing me with those who murder and incite terror, a terrible comparison most all would agree, even those who do not agree with me philosophically I'm sure.

I'm comparing you with numerous other fundamentalists who use their particular "Word of God" to judge other, invoke self-righteousness, and spew a hateful message. The Islamist happen to take matters further by believing they have the right to enact God's judgement themselves. It's only a matter of degree.

And let me further correct you, the use of Biblical Scripture is certainly and unequivocally Not the same. However, I see that rather than have a fruitful and peaceful discussion you would rather incite hate and violence in your message.

Not it's not. It's just at matter of degree. They use Koranic Scripture, you use Biblical Scripture. And, as I said, it's only a matter of the degree to which you're willing to follow it.

Because you may not believe in God is not a reason to compare those who do with groups like you have mentioned. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Again you're wrong. You're making a completely fallacious assumption. I do very much believe in a infinitely loving, infinitely powerful, infinitely present God. I do NOT believe in the vengeful, contradictory, hateful God that you promote. Your self-righteousness blinds you.

However, I am a forgiving person through my strong belief in Jesus Christ and though you say what you say, God knows the truth and so do many others therefore, when topics involving kindness, love, and goodwill as well as Biblical passages are presented in discussions here, with God as the focal point, there can be absolutely no comparison with what you have brought up. I wish you well and may the rancor that exists in your heart be replaced by the love of God in your life.

There is no rancor in my heart. I see God's love in everyone I know. Be they Christian, Buddhist, Wiccan, Pagan, Jewish, Hindu or even Atheist. I feel no need to judge them, excoriate them not being a "non-believer". I think God's love is in absolutely everyone and everything. And it's beautiful seeing it there.

Miss Hepburn
12-04-2011, 03:48 PM
I see God's love in everyone I know. Be they Christian, Buddhist, Wiccan, Pagan, Jewish, Hindu or even Atheist. I feel no need to judge them, excoriate them not being a "non-believer". I think God's love is in absolutely everyone and everything. And it's beautiful seeing it there.
Me, too.
And I have been called "more Christian" than any other Christian
they have known - watching me for a year - and never once did I ever try to change this one guy who is an athiest.
He respected that more than anything ---that I didn't proseletyze, sp?, to him in any way whatsoever --- in turn, he allowed me to say often ,"by His Grace" or "God did this amazing thing today!" and not roll his eyes.
He gave me that respect, also.

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Angelbreeze;

Greetings The Sphinx.

I didn't say you broke laws or did something wrong.. but religion will tell you that you have.

I think not. Religion, as in my Christian religion, supports what I say because it is reflecting Scripture which is the word of God.

Before I became a certified hypnotist, I had many christians tell me not to do it, because it was not of God and dangerous. And I am talking pastors and priests here as well.

Imagine the arguments I heard when I took a psychic development class as well. Droves of people said I was flirting with the devil and I needed to repent and pray to God for the real gift of prophecy.

There will be many opinions as there are people but we can judge the tree by the fruit it bears.

Prophecy is a wonderful and important part of what many, including myself, incorporate into the work we do as Christians. If that were not so, how could I include God and Biblical passages as well as His messages in readings along with prayer to God before, during, and after a Reiki session or a reading. Are those who practice occult or new age modalities that aligned with God to do this as well? That's what sets us apart.

I spent hours and years studying christianity when I was deeply rooted in the religion. I wanted to be a minister at one time.. I am even ordained. And the mass consensus is that all of these things are not from God, have nothing to do with christianity and are from false eastern religions and the occult.

Again, you will find different opinions among the flock.

So yes, according to the religion that you adhere to, you are mixing truth with demonic practices.

Only God judges, The Sphinx. Only God. And He knows the truth to the work that I do in His Name.Truly, I do not need to explain it to man.

I quoted the scriptures you listed myself.... even sought the advice of ten pastors and two priests... and they all said the same thing... that these practices were not of God and false gifts of the enemy. Droves of christian authors have agreed with this verdict in their books as well...

Many have called it 'control', and it is most likely from the very ones who cannot control their own life and desires, who would cast the first stone.

The bottom line is that spiritually speaking, I answer to God, not man and I need make no excuse for the work that I do to help others with the gifts God has given unto me which of course, coming from God cause no harm. When one wants to see harm in things, they will. When religions or those who are closely aligned to religion do not understand and want to see the work of God in bad light, they unfortunately will. But when a person uses the words of God as their armor and their strength and is guided by God to go out into the world to help others, he or she need not fear anything for God is with them to accomplish the task at hand to help make another person's life better in some way which is something the adversary would never do.

And have you forgotten the many Saints who had powers that could be considered "questionable'? It is said that about one third of all saints had some type of psychic or intuitive ability. Their powers are written about in books and other places, for example the abilities of the Abbe' Mermet who used a pendulum in his work; or Saint Padre Pio who could levitate and bi-locate (be in two places at once); St. Mary of Pisa whom it is said prayed so hard when a man was about to be hanged that the rope popped and freed him. And there are many other such accounts about other saints and holy people. Sadly, there are those who mistakenly consider such abilities the work of the adversary.

You may be interested to visit the following websites:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4636792_be-catholic-psychic.html

Also, see under the heading "Psychic Saints". And in addition, please look at the bottom of the page at the "Sources" -- http://www.suite101.com/content/is-psychic-ability-evil-a116519

Fortunately, we know better than to go name-calling saints and others who have such gifts, but most importantly, God knows the Truth of their abilities as well as of those others who work In His Name and He is the One who truly counts! End of story.

May Peace Be With You.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 04:41 PM

And how that response serves to exemplify the saying "Birds Of A Feather Flock Together."

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Internal Queries
12-04-2011, 04:55 PM
And how that response serves to exemplify the saying "Birds Of A Feather Flock Together."

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

lol of course similarly feathered birds flock together. but the difference between a universally feathered flock flocking and a fundy feathered flock flocking is that the fundy feathered flock believe they're the "chosen" feather and all the other differently feathered flocks will be punished for being the wrong kind of feather.

oh and btw ... my response wasn't so much a "birds of a feather" kind of thing anyway. it was an observation and the observation was confirmed as accurate by the person who made the original comment.

Triner
12-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Me, too.
And I have been called "more Christian" than any other Christian
they have known - watching me for a year - and never once did I ever try to change this one guy who is an athiest.
He respected that more than anything ---that I didn't proseletyze, sp?, to him in any way whatsoever --- in turn, he allowed me to say often ,"by His Grace" or "God did this amazing thing today!" and not roll his eyes.
He gave me that respect, also.

BIG HUG :hug3: :hug2:

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm comparing you with numerous other fundamentalists who use their particular "Word of God" to judge other, invoke self-righteousness, and spew a hateful message. The Islamist happen to take matters further by believing they have the right to enact God's judgement themselves. It's only a matter of degree.

Greetings Triner,

I have said numerous times, only God judges. Had you been truly listening you would have realized that by now. People commit acts that bring judgment unto themselves. It is God who judges them on what they do. Man who cares about the word of God as well as their fellow man as I do, however, can only illustrate and bring forth passages from God's word to show unto others. If one like you wishes to use that against the person, then you are not seeing the picture clearly but would justify your actions by becoming accusatory instead, such as to say that I judge others which is incorrect. When appropriate, through Scripture, I try to show people that there is a better way, thus help to allow them to realize that they can steer themselves away from sin since many are searching for a way out according to the messages I have received.

Not it's not. It's just at matter of degree. They use Koranic Scripture, you use Biblical Scripture. And, as I said, it's only a matter of the degree to which you're willing to follow it.

What truly amazes me is the 'degree' of judgment you use to try to justify what you say.

Again you're wrong. You're making a completely fallacious assumption. I do very much believe in a infinitely loving, infinitely powerful, infinitely present God. I do NOT believe in the vengeful, contradictory, hateful God that you promote. Your self-righteousness blinds you.

If that were truly correct, you would also adhere to His laws and would promote them to help others who have fallen by the wayside and have lost their way. There is no need to mention 'hell', etc. simply show them Scripture that teaches how a person should act and be. That is the method I use. If that were not acceptable to God, then why would He give us the following Scripture.

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." -- MATTHEW 28: 19-20 (KJV)

Therefore, if you are truly with God, why don't you "take up the cross" and do as the above Scripture directs you to do?

There is no rancor in my heart. I see God's love in everyone I know. Be they Christian, Buddhist, Wiccan, Pagan, Jewish, Hindu or even Atheist. I feel no need to judge them, excoriate them not being a "non-believer". I think God's love is in absolutely everyone and everything. And it's beautiful seeing it there.

While it is good to see God in everyone, as do I, unfortunately not everyone truly reflects God's image by the things they are known to say and do which is unbecoming to self and others and contradictory to the way God wants people to be and to act. That is why God has Commandments and Laws to be obeyed. If you think they are " .... vengeful, contradictory, hateful .... " or you choose to differ with them, then you have already made up your mind not to follow the One true God and His Laws.

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
lol of course similarly feathered birds flock together. but the difference between a universally feathered flock flocking and a fundy feathered flock flocking is that the fundy feathered flock believe they're the "chosen" feather and all the other differently feathered flocks will be punished for being the wrong kind of feather.

oh and btw ... my response wasn't so much a "birds of a feather" kind of thing anyway. it was an observation and the observation was confirmed as accurate by the person who made the original comment.

A confused mind such as what you exemplify having by your writings does not teach others about God in any way.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/

Shabda
12-04-2011, 06:37 PM
A confused mind such as what you exemplify having by your writings does not teach others about God in any way.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/

does your inexperienced and thus confused mind do any better? why? because you feel fine boldly stating that YOUR interpretation of the meaning of the scriptures is correct? are you not judging by calling another mentally confused? your scripture doesnt at all support that...Matthew 7:5 "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Mind's Eye
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
does your inexperienced and thus confused mind do any better? why? because you feel fine boldly stating that YOUR interpretation of the meaning of the scriptures is correct? are you not judging by calling another mentally confused? your scripture doesnt at all support that...Matthew 7:5 "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Now see Shabda.... we may disagree on some things, but that was a pretty cool statement you just made.

Mind's Eye
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Many have called it 'control', and it is most likely from the very ones who cannot control their own life and desires, who would cast the first stone.

The bottom line is that spiritually speaking, I answer to God, not man and I need make no excuse for the work that I do to help others with the gifts God has given unto me which of course, coming from God cause no harm. When one wants to see harm in things, they will. When religions or those who are closely aligned to religion do not understand and want to see the work of God in bad light, they unfortunately will. But when a person uses the words of God as their armor and their strength and is guided by God to go out into the world to help others, he or she need not fear anything for God is with them to accomplish the task at hand to help make another person's life better in some way which is something the adversary would never do.

And have you forgotten the many Saints who had powers that could be considered "questionable'? It is said that about one third of all saints had some type of psychic or intuitive ability. Their powers are written about in books and other places, for example the abilities of the Abbe' Mermet who used a pendulum in his work; or Saint Padre Pio who could levitate and bi-locate (be in two places at once); St. Mary of Pisa whom it is said prayed so hard when a man was about to be hanged that the rope popped and freed him. And there are many other such accounts about other saints and holy people. Sadly, there are those who mistakenly consider such abilities the work of the adversary.

You may be interested to visit the following websites:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4636792_be-catholic-psychic.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ehow.com%2Fhow_463 6792_be-catholic-psychic.html)

Also, see under the heading "Psychic Saints". And in addition, please look at the bottom of the page at the "Sources" -- http://www.suite101.com/content/is-psychic-ability-evil-a116519 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.suite101.com%2Fcon tent%2Fis-psychic-ability-evil-a116519)

Fortunately, we know better than to go name-calling saints and others who have such gifts, but most importantly, God knows the Truth of their abilities as well as of those others who work In His Name and He is the One who truly counts! End of story.

May Peace Be With You.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

You're actually preaching to the choir with that one Angelbreeze... I can agree whole heartedly.

Shabda
12-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Now see Shabda.... we may disagree on some things, but that was a pretty cool statement you just made.
im not trying to rag, just making what seems to be a very apparent point, hey, im not perfect either, not by any means, but i thank you...

Shim
12-04-2011, 08:05 PM

As the sig line below says, we may learn more about those who are speaking than about the person of whom they are speaking. For example we hear someone say that they are intelligent, but what it really means is that they think as I do. We might hear the converse as well, someone is stupid because that one doesn't think as I do.

Let's not forget the following thereafter. There are always those to whom the preaching of Christ will be foolishness, and in whose mind the truth, when expressed in words, will meet an insuperable barrier. Their insensitiveness, their moral blindness, their intellectual pride, their cynical mockery and distorted view make them impervious to words about Christ.

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Shabda

The Sphinx,

Speaking about hypocrites, isn't it amazing how those who are such non-Christians, who have absolutely no belief in God or regard for His teachings, by what they have been saying all along, could suddenly rise to the religious occasion and start quoting Scripture to attempt to prove their point! But Only when it suits their convenience you see. I only wish they displayed such eagerness and fervor to write God's words at all times.

If they want to use Scripture to defend what God is saying is wrong, they need to learn to bring out unto others the things that God considers a departure from His teachings and teach by example the right way to live and as God intends for people to do. Only then could we believe their attempts to use Scripture are honest.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Shim
12-04-2011, 08:28 PM

The Sphinx,

Speaking about hypocrites, isn't it amazing how those who are such non-Christians, who have absolutely no belief in God or regard for His teachings, by what they have been saying all along, could suddenly rise to the religious occasion and start quoting Scripture to attempt to prove their point! But Only when it suits their convenience you see. I only wish they displayed such eagerness and fervor to write God's words at all times.

If they want to use Scripture to defend what God is saying is wrong, they need to learn to bring out unto others the things that God considers a departure from His teachings and teach by example the right way to live and as God intends for people to do. Only then could we believe their attempts to use Scripture are honest.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Angelbreeze, I think that they are saying don’t judge, and that they're judging you for judging them :tongue:

Shabda
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM

The Sphinx,

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

and here youve judged me yet again, and refused to answer my question...attend the beam in your own eye before you worry about any mote you perceive in mine...you have yet to even ask what my perception or opinion or view of God may be, so dont dare to assume what it is...

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
You're actually preaching to the choir with that one Angelbreeze... I can agree whole heartedly.

The Sphinx, that is what I have said many times before to those who do not understand about the spiritual gifts that God gives people to use in service to Him and others.

And on that note, as much as I would like to stay longer, I need to seriously get back to my other work in helping people since I have spent much too much time in the back and forth conversations, via tit-for-tat in this thread that depletes my time in actually being of service to others who request it and as God intends.

Thank you for your time and walk in Peace always.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Angelbreeze, I think that they are saying don’t judge, and that they're judging you for judging them :tongue:

Warm greetings, Shim!

They do see judgment in most everything, don't they! Perhaps an innate fear factor. But at any rate, I do wish them closeness with God and that they will find happiness in and with Him always!

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Triner
12-04-2011, 10:01 PM
While it is good to see God in everyone, as do I, unfortunately not everyone truly reflects God's image by the things they are known to say and do which is unbecoming to self and others and contradictory to the way God wants people to be and to act. That is why God has Commandments and Laws to be obeyed. If you think they are " .... vengeful, contradictory, hateful .... " or you choose to differ with them, then you have already made up your mind not to follow the One true God and His Laws.

LOL.. you're so cute when you talk in circle and avoid things. I can just hope that some day you'll learn to think for yourself, hear God with your heart, and free yourself. Until then, peace out.

Shim
12-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Warm greetings, Shim!

They do see judgment in most everything, don't they! Perhaps an innate fear factor. But at any rate, I do wish them closeness with God and that they will find happiness in and with Him always!

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

They do, and life is a journey to the judgment seat of God not a pathway to absorption to God.

I sense a wee little bitterness towards Christians, and perhaps they even think that what they are doing is God's will to silence them. A thought, there were finer men of character than those in Thessalonica, set them searching the scripture for scriptural basis, like Paul. Quoting scripture for these people is like spoon feeding them when they don't like the apple sauce. Some have shared their criticisms about using Scripture, for they haven't any idea about what is being said in them. When one shares their insight amongst their brethren in here, they use it in retaliation to Christians. Just an observation.

Reminds me of a story of a soldier that was captured by the enemy, somewhere in Somalia. The soldier had a Bible on him, and the enemy had spared his life for they thought that he was reading about their God. All the while however he was using the bible to take notes to gather intelligence on the enemy.

The true enemy is wicked and watches the righteous and seeks a way to slay them. Perhaps you are more immune to that than I am. :smile:

Shabda
12-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Warm greetings, Shim!

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

by the very same token, the ego refuses to see or admit it's own vagaries...i wish you the same btw...

AngelBreeze
12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
They do, and life is a journey to the judgment seat of God not a pathway to absorption to God.

I sense a wee little bitterness towards Christians, and perhaps they even think that what they are doing is God's will to silence them. A thought, there were finer men of character than those in Thessalonica, set them searching the scripture for scriptural basis, like Paul. Quoting scripture for these people is like spoon feeding them when they don't like the apple sauce. Some have shared their criticisms about using Scripture, for they haven't any idea about what is being said in them. When one shares their insight amongst their brethren in here, they use it in retaliation to Christians. Just an observation.

Reminds me of a story of a soldier that was captured by the enemy, somewhere in Somalia. The soldier had a Bible on him, and the enemy had spared his life for they thought that he was reading about their God. All the while however he was using the bible to take notes to gather intelligence on the enemy.

The true enemy is wicked and watches the righteous and seeks a way to slay them. Perhaps you are more immune to that than I am. :smile:

Warmest greetings, Shim!

Thank you for your posting! It is certainly great food for thought.

As I indicated earlier, I have now moved on to the "Prayers & Prayer Requests" section, for one, as is my true calling. I found "The Sphinx" there saying a wonderful prayer for a person in need. Praise the Lord!

I have asked him to join me in prayer for others from now on instead of the non-ending back and forth debate on things. I am hoping that he will respond positively to that request and eagerly await his response.

In the meantime, if you too feel led to join us over there, you are more than welcome as I will extend that invitation to you also to pray with me for others in need and devote most of the time to that effort which is after all, what it is all about, helping others in the name of Christ.

That goes for anyone else who feels led to join us, please do! Our concerted effort and energy will surely help many others! You are all welcome and I harbor no ill feelings towards anyone. I love all of you and wish you only the very best in Christ Jesus.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Internal Queries
13-04-2011, 02:44 AM

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/

ah well, my mind isn't confused, AngelBreeze but perhaps my writing style confuses yours. that's okay. it's not really important that you understand me. it would only be important if you cared. you don't and so neither do i.

**shrug**

Shim
13-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Do not do that which is against your love. :tongue:

lily18
13-04-2011, 03:42 AM
It 's entirely possible that Joseph and Mary were the parents. The Buddha did no more appear out of a Lotus blossom than we appeared from a cabbage patch. Note to world: yes, it is possible for a male and female to birth a highly evolved being. Mozart, Gandhi, Saint Francis, Einstein and Mother Theresa had parents.

Shim
13-04-2011, 03:50 AM
There's a doctrine of the Roman Catholics, that is called immaculate conception. There's a statement that reads, "the blessed Virgin Mary to have been, from the first instant of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of Almighty God, in view of the merits of Christ Jesus the Savior of Mankind, preserved free from all stain of original sin." The problem is that it is not found in the Bible. By the way, the title of this thread makes me chuckle, "Jesus had a father?" According to Jesus he had not even a mother or brother unless they themselves fulfilled some sort of will.

AngelBreeze
13-04-2011, 04:01 AM
ah well, my mind isn't confused, AngelBreeze but perhaps my writing style confuses yours. that's okay. it's not really important that you understand me. it would only be important if you cared. you don't and so neither do i.

**shrug**

Actually I do care. I care about everyone here very much, yourself certainly included! But about "writing styles", not so much. It's just that I have decided that to continue with the tit-for-tat responses with others to that which we have spoken about at least twice already to make our respective positions known is very time-consuming and not nearly as productive as working in a section where people have pertinent questions or in a thread (mainly) devoted to helping people who are asking for help or prayer such as "Prayers & Prayer Requests" which is my true calling.

Should you ever wish to join the group I'm starting on praying for others, please let me know. Others who read this can join too! Just say you wish to, that's all! You can PM me as well. I believe the more people we have praying for people the greater the energy to help those who are in need. With a collective effort, it can be done but even with a single person praying that too is well worth the effort as prayers are certainly heard and acted upon.

Let me know what you think.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

agiosotheos
13-04-2011, 05:36 AM

No, I don't.

agiosotheos
13-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Are you trying to say that Jesus was not conceived through immaculate conception

Why are you using the phrase "immaculate conception" to refer to Jesus? The Catholic Church's dogma called the Immaculate Conception is about the conception of Mary, not the conception of Jesus. Are you confusing virgin birth with immaculate conception? They are different things. They believe that Mary was not a virgin birth but nonetheless an immaculate conception (without original sin).

agiosotheos
13-04-2011, 06:01 AM
This term actually refers to the belief that Mary was born without sin. This belief isn't taught in the Bible.

Well, there are some passages in the Bible that are looked to as indicative of the Immaculate Conception (just to play devil's advocate; I don't personally believe in it).

Internal Queries
13-04-2011, 01:48 PM

Actually I do care. I care about everyone here very much, yourself certainly included! But about "writing styles", not so much. It's just that I have decided that to continue with the tit-for-tat responses with others to that which we have spoken about at least twice already to make our respective positions known is very time-consuming and not nearly as productive as working in a section where people have pertinent questions or in a thread (mainly) devoted to helping people who are asking for help or prayer such as "Prayers & Prayer Requests" which is my true calling.

Should you ever wish to join the group I'm starting on praying for others, please let me know. Others who read this can join too! Just say you wish to, that's all! You can PM me as well. I believe the more people we have praying for people the greater the energy to help those who are in need. With a collective effort, it can be done but even with a single person praying that too is well worth the effort as prayers are certainly heard and acted upon.

Let me know what you think.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

sorry. i don't believe you care about me. i believe you care about being "right" and "righteous". you jumped onto this thread pointing a condemning finger, using the word "blasphemy" and threatening the wrath of your god, thus the thread went off topic since i wasn't going to allow your hellmongering to pass without rebuttal.

it's nice you're forming a prayer group and thanks for invite but i fail to see how my energy would harmonize with you and your group since you've already indicated that i'm unacceptable according to your belief system, which is rather offputting so thanks but no thanks.

AngelBreeze
14-04-2011, 05:03 AM
sorry. i don't believe you care about me. i believe you care about being "right" and "righteous". you jumped onto this thread pointing a condemning finger, using the word "blasphemy" and threatening the wrath of your god, thus the thread went off topic since i wasn't going to allow your hellmongering to pass without rebuttal.

it's nice you're forming a prayer group and thanks for invite but i fail to see how my energy would harmonize with you and your group since you've already indicated that i'm unacceptable according to your belief system, which is rather offputting so thanks but no thanks.

I'm both sorry and surprised to hear you feel that way. As I have said many times before, when I speak on the subjects that I speak about I speak with great passion. What some don't understand is that when I quote Biblical passages, I am quoting God's word. If "hell mongering" is your interpretation of it then you have to see in what context it may have made reference to that it has struck a chord.

As to your assumption that I care about being "right", if you mean that I stand up for righteousness, then you are absolutely correct. But if you would say that I am always saying "I'm right!" "I'm right!" then that simply would not be correct. You see, what I speak about is not about me therefore, I would have no need to be egocentric. It is about God. As a Christian, I firmly believe the Holy Bible is right, because it is the inspired word of God. And just as some do not believe in the Bible, I can not believe as they do when they say the Bible is wrong, etc. simply because that is not my Truth.

When "blasphemy" may be mentioned it is most likely in reference to someone speaking about God in a very disrespectful and excoriating way. And as a Christian, I too cannot let that pass, just as you have just said, above, " .... i wasn't going to allow your hellmongering to pass without rebuttal." That is why I too offer rebuttal when appropriate. I should be afforded that same right, I'm sure you well realize.

At times, in order to exemplify what is in the Bible when a subject or sinful act might be in the process of discussion, I will make references as is apropos. And that is because we are a discussion group here. And it is not expected that we all have to agree with one another on everything. We can agree to disagree in a civil and respectful manner as are the rules of this forum, and I think that is a very reasonable expectation.

Were I not to mention the consequences of sin, then what good would I be as a Christian? What religion would people think I was then representing? Why would I even want to cover up something that God obviously thinks is so important that He gave it to man to place in the Holy Bible in order to show the consequences of sin. So you see, I would be more than remiss to leave something that important out. And it is not a good Christian, I submit to you, who would only 'pick and choose' passages that people like to hear and be satisfied in leaving out the rest in order to please them. How would they ever learn the full story of Sin and Consequences? That's just it, they wouldn't. And I would be seen as being very "partial" to one committing a sin but not speaking about the consequences of that sin to give them the full story. God does not work that way and neither do I.

But before you jump to the conclusion that I would thus be "judging" them, let me say that to bring both sides to the story (Sin and Consequences) in order to fully inform another is not judgment. It is just being honest and forthright by saying that sin does not go unpunished, which is the truth, and there's no harm in telling others the truth. When one would however, still take it personally, then there are other issues of self involved and that person would need to take full responsibility instead of place the blame on another for what is inwardly ringing true for them.

And you must realize that not all people are offended by Scripture! Many truly embrace it and learn from it because we have a diverse audience here composed of Christians, non-Christians, and those who are searching for a religion or want to understand more about Christianity. That's an added reason why BOTH sides to the story have to be presented i.e., Sin and Consequences. Because if someone did not know fully about Christianity and had never heard about it and I came in and simply agreed with everyone's viewpoint here and what they espouse, and did not present what God really says about the consequences of sin, they would not be fully informed and I would not have done a good job at all in my presentation and discussion. My only goal then would have been to speak in a way such as to please every taste which is not being honest to self or to others and I'm sure that could not be appreciated unless one was dishonest themselves.

Christianity must be presented in the right way. And if a subject centers around Salvation, for instance, if one wants to present the Truthful Christian answer, without covering things up, then you simply HAVE to make reference to Jesus Christ being the only One who can offer mankind Salvation because that is a Biblical truth.To purposefully deny that fact, as a Christian, would be deliberately lying to the readership as well as to yourself, something I would not do, especially having accepted Jesus by becoming a Born Again Christian as I have.

And I have never said that you're "unacceptable" in accordance to my belief system. I have seen people far, far worse than what you may believe about yourself to be and I have embraced them in Christ. While some have listened to my words reflecting the Bible and have told me how much they appreciated my bringing it to them, some have also informed me they were not just ready to accept and that was their personal decision. In Christ, All, however, are welcome as being the family of Jesus because God Created Christians, as well as non-Christians. And the beautiful fact is that God welcomes anyone back home at any point in time while they're still in this world.

I may quote Scripture, and many times I do in order to illustrate a point, otherwise many would consider it merely my own opinion that I was expressing. Personally however, I believe that only an individual can make themselves unacceptable. I can not do that to anyone no matter how much they would argue to the contrary. If they feel they are not acceptable, then there may be an innate reason for that feeling. But I always stand ready to approach anyone who wishes to learn more about how to align with God through Jesus Christ. Some people whose actions are most grievous, allow the condemnation of self thus since all is written in the Book of Life, God is always aware of that. But to not inform people about this would likewise place me in a position of being less than truthful by hiding or ignoring that fact.

But if that is your final answer that you somehow feel 'separated' from the request I made to pray for others with God as the central focal point in that prayer, then I understand and wish you well. :hug: Because I am a Christian, I would pray with a Christian perspective of course, and I'm sure that is something you and others can appreciate since I am using my free will, just as you may pray in your own way as well. But if that is something you could not accept then as I have said, I understand. When we get together to pray we will pray in the Name of Jesus Christ as I am totally aligned with Him and no one else and make no excuses for that. But at anytime if you would wish to reconsider, you certainly may as you personally feel led! I never do any arm-twisting and you want to know something else? Neither does God. He leaves such personal decisions to those it concerns.

And Internal Queries, if I truly did not care as you are saying, I would not have taken even a minute of my time in response, let alone all of this time, so please consider that as well. I care enough to give you a truthful explanation on things and how I feel about them. And now I must go to others who are in need of prayer as I'm sure you understand.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o

theophilus
14-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Well, there are some passages in the Bible that are looked to as indicative of the Immaculate Conception (just to play devil's advocate; I don't personally believe in it).Which ones are they?

agiosotheos
14-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Which ones are they?

Well, the primary one is the Hail Mary passage. She is referred to as the one who is full of grace.

Mind's Eye
14-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Well, the primary one is the Hail Mary passage. She is referred to as the one who is full of grace.

Nooooo!!!!! Grace was Mary's sister; so how could she be filled with Grace?

Shabda
15-04-2011, 12:14 AM
oh dang...:cool:

Triner
15-04-2011, 11:29 AM

I dunno... She was a cannibal? :D

Terry
12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Jesus's father was Joseph.

Love&Light
14-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Jesus's father was Joseph.

I suspect Joseph was his biological father aswell...

theophilus
14-05-2011, 03:31 PM
I suspect Joseph was his biological father aswell...

When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife,but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
Matthew 1:24,25

Shabda
14-05-2011, 05:21 PM
When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife,but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
Matthew 1:24,25
that book has been changed time and time again over the centuries, i see little reason that it confirms anything other than what one man or another wanted it to convey...God doesnt speak through books, man does, God does however speak to the INNER ear...if one listens...

Guard
14-05-2011, 05:49 PM
AngelBreeze:

I have one question for you? Prayer For Salvation (by mouth)?

Does that mean you are damned if you have the inability to speak or say someone cuts your tongue out prior to seeking salvation? Or does God make acceptions to this rule? Because if so, I feel really bad for those that can't talk or got their tongue cut out. Sorta sucks you know. And I am asking you a serious question.

002 Cents
15-05-2011, 05:43 PM
When it comes to faith in Jesus, disputing the claims in the Bible of his "Immaculate Conception" seem a futile investment of your time. I can only say I was not there to speak either way on the matter.

I believe if Christ could choose what were willing to take a stand on, on his behalf, it would be keeping what he stood for, what he lived and died for, alive in the world today. Ideals of Brotherhood, Equality, Goodness, Compassion and Love.

Miss Hepburn
16-05-2011, 01:11 AM
When it comes to faith in Jesus, disputing the claims in the Bible of his "Immaculate Conception" seem a futile investment of your time. I can only say I was not there to speak either way on the matter.

I believe if Christ could choose what were willing to take a stand on, on his behalf, it would be keeping what he stood for, what he lived and died for, alive in the world today. Ideals of Brotherhood, Equality, Goodness, Compassion and Love.
I like the way you phrased that : seems a futile investment of your time.

My thought world or thought time is carefully monitored by "me" - I agree
with your post.

Enlightener
17-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I like the idea that Jesus, a highly advanced soul, was able to create the circumstances of his own birth, as we all can. Though without physical conception as a counterpart.

But I love the idea even more that Jesus was conceptualised by an alien race. This is probably what I believe more than anything about his birth.

As for the saying, "I and the Father are One"; this was simply implying that he and his higher self were one, he had melded with his higher self. And to go even further, the 12 apostles were physical incarnations of each one of his chakras. Pretty bizarre, but I like it, it's kind of sci-fi ;) and resonates deeply strangely enough.

Just a note on all the bickering, what is anyone trying to prove? That they are correct, why not let beliefs be beliefs; simple construct of the mind. In favour of most here, I too cannot stand a christian who is righteously prophecying about the afterlife and life on earth, and it makes me cringe in the stomach when one does. And I must say that this one is quite a brainwashed cookie.

But still, what one believes is of their own making, and will make their experience, so judge not another, for you know not their path.

Tis better not to judge and be who you are, than to judge and become what you are judging.

;)

Blessings to you

El