PDA

View Full Version : Question

zchick
08-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi all i have been going to a spiritualist church but only for mediumship evenings as im quite interested. i have now been asked by 3 different mediums if i am spiritual and if i can see things which i cant see things as such i feel things around me and shrug them off they said there is something there and that i have a natural ability that i should develop.

what does this actually mean can someone explain? should i start going to awareness groups of something?

thanks againz

starfish
08-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi all i have been going to a spiritualist church but only for mediumship evenings as im quite interested. i have now been asked by 3 different mediums if i am spiritual and if i can see things which i cant see things as such i feel things around me and shrug them off they said there is something there and that i have a natural ability that i should develop.

what does this actually mean can someone explain? should i start going to awareness groups of something?

thanks againz

why not go along to development , be interesting for you . more energy in groups so you may develop some latent abilities.
but keep your feet on the ground and don't be influenced by suggestions of the mediums who 'ask' you things.
they should be telling you things if they are any good, not asking..

what does it mean, nothing as far as i can tell, because if you've been to enough meetings , you will hear this is quite a common statement , which should be dropped IMO.
After all most of the people who would go to such a place are a bit more unfolded , i think.

good wishes to you

:smile:

mac
08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Starfish has it nailed. The mediums who asked you what they did don't appear to have much idea about you even though they all detect something. That might be significant but, equally, might not....

If you are interested in mediumship by all means continue to visit the church and compare the mediumship you see there. That alone can be illuminating!

You might also want to familiarise yourself with the issues surrounding mediumship and learn about Modern Spiritualism's philosophy and religion. The principles are dead simple (no pun intended!) although details may require familiarisation before things fully drop in place. Been there, done that, still learnin'....:hug3:

As Starfish says, a development group might help reveal any latent attributes you may have and you've nothing to lose.

athribiristan
08-04-2011, 01:41 PM

thanks againz

I'm not saying you don't have a talent....everyone has psychic abilities or whatever we are supposed to be calling them nowadays, but probably they just want to get you more involved in their church. I've never been to a chuch where they didn't tell me everything they thought I wanted to hear to get me to join full time. I've heard everything from 'you're a wise person, we need you' to the cliche 'you're going to burn in hell unless you accept Jesus' and everything in between.

The question is what do you think? Do you feel called to develop your abilities? The only opinion that matters here is yours, do what you feel is right.

zchick
08-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Well its Guest mediums and they are different ones every month and the 3 different people that have commented have made different statements but about the same thing, i think if i went to the sunday workshop which is the same people and they kept saying it then i would think oh yeah they want you involved but it is also 2 seperate churches i go to whch does maybe think hmm

i havent heard "im going to burn in hell one" which is a relief!

im just not sure i have been interested in it and i think maybe going to an awareness group would help and see if that helps me 1 cant hurt. (i hope)

i will check out the Modern Spiritualism's philosophy and religion principles too.

thank you for your responses.

athribiristan
09-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Well its Guest mediums and they are different ones every month and the 3 different people that have commented have made different statements but about the same thing, i think if i went to the sunday workshop which is the same people and they kept saying it then i would think oh yeah they want you involved but it is also 2 seperate churches i go to whch does maybe think hmm

i havent heard "im going to burn in hell one" which is a relief!

im just not sure i have been interested in it and i think maybe going to an awareness group would help and see if that helps me 1 cant hurt. (i hope)

i will check out the Modern Spiritualism's philosophy and religion principles too.

thank you for your responses.

You're welcome.

In that case, think of this as the universe indulging your curiuosity. You are interested and the information is being provided. You knocked and the door opened. Step through it.