PDA

View Full Version : question about observer POV

in progress
08-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Does anyone have a lot of experience w/ being the observer of their mind?

I had a dream or a vision a few days ago where I saw all my subconscious blocks being reviewed. Symbolic photos of them were flashing one after another before me. When this was occurring I suddenly realized what was being shown to me or what was being done, as if I was consciously aware of watching another part of my consciousness at work.

Since then I seem to be hearing voices in my mind as if they are more separate from me. I seem to be in more of an observer mode of my mind in quieter moments. The part that confuses me is that me as the observer still feels like the same old me. Is that how the observer works? Do you simply recognize yourself as separate from your mind but you can still be operating from ego?

Regardless, it's been rather interesting to hear what's being said. There are both rather odd remarks and plenty of critical ones. They don't bother me at all. It's like overhearing someone else talking nonsense.

Triner
08-04-2011, 08:56 AM
in_progress,

I've found not that you "recognize yoursefl as separate from your mind" but that you are much more than just your mind.

In my view, we are body, mind and spirit all as one. When we can step more towards the spirit side, we can observe our thoughts, i.e. our mind, from what seems to be an outside vantage point instead of the usual point of being in the midddle of them. It is, as you said, rather interesting.

Greenslade
08-04-2011, 12:21 PM
We can take whatever perspective we need to at any given moment. While we are hugely complicated beings, we still have the power to 'zero in' on different aspects of ourselves. How many times have you sat down and had a look at any particular aspect of your Life? You can look at your career as though it doesn't belong to you but someone else. Same thing really, pretty much. Spirit tends to work with us in a way we'll understand it best whatever it's trying to convey. If that means letting you see yourself as a third party then so be it.

It might be better to concentrate on the 'what' rather than the 'how', because it's the 'what' that's important here. Energy spent looking at the process sometimes detracts from the reasons for the process happening, but at the same time the process can have its own importance. In this instance I'd go for the 'what' and the reasons behind it.

athribiristan
08-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have a lot of experience w/ being the observer of their mind?

I had a dream or a vision a few days ago where I saw all my subconscious blocks being reviewed. Symbolic photos of them were flashing one after another before me. When this was occurring I suddenly realized what was being shown to me or what was being done, as if I was consciously aware of watching another part of my consciousness at work.

Since then I seem to be hearing voices in my mind as if they are more separate from me. I seem to be in more of an observer mode of my mind in quieter moments. The part that confuses me is that me as the observer still feels like the same old me. Is that how the observer works? Do you simply recognize yourself as separate from your mind but you can still be operating from ego?

Regardless, it's been rather interesting to hear what's being said. There are both rather odd remarks and plenty of critical ones. They don't bother me at all. It's like overhearing someone else talking nonsense.

This is tough to explain because we are at once a whole entity, and made up of many separate elements. We can say that we are mind/body/spirit, that we have chakras, an ego, emotions, etc. So which are we? Are we a single complete an indivisible being or are we a mish-mash of various parts and pieces that form a coherent being? Well the answer is that we are both. At least that's the answer that affords the greatest freedom of thought, so that's the one I go for.

To really unravel this we have to think in terms of identity. Who am I? I am a human...but what's that? Well the most obvious answer is this body. Here it is, it must be me. But wait, what about this person inside the body, maybe I'm my mind. But wait again, modern medical science can't seem to find me in all that physical mess. Where am I? And if I'm not in my body, who am I? I must be somewhere.....right?

Well, I took that question as far as I was able to and discovered that I am actually nothing but awareness, and now you have discovered that as well. The observer is the YOU that came before all the rest. Before you are human, you are an awareness. You have regained a connection to the most primal you there is, that which exists before thought, before emotion, before physicality. All of these other things come along and make it hard to remember who we really are. We get so caught up in the experience of physicality that we forget how to identify with our true nature.

So the observer is you. You think. Your thoughts are vibrations. Those vibrations are much higher that those of the physical world so we have the mind/body construct to step them down, allowing us to experience the physical world as an energy being.