PDA

View Full Version : Attitudinal Healing

Dean
31-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi all,

I wrote an article based on attitudinal healing, based on changing one's attitude towards the world, changing ourselves from within in order to change our world and experiences, rather than struggling to change situations and the outside world. I feel we need to change our minds and our thinking on the deepest levels to see change, this is what's worked for me, and I'd like your views on this?

I think a lot of us tend to move into growth only after a lot of pain or trauma. I've found this with myself and in the last 10 years I've turned inward and changed my thinking over and over and watched my world change, it's been very positive, but also a journey and a struggle as this 'ego' side of us holds us back as far as it can.

"You have taught what you are, but have not let what you are teach you" - 'A Course in Miracles'

Dean, 33, Cape Town, South Africa

Mother Goose
31-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Dean, I couldn't agree with you more! :smile:

When I started using creative visualizations and positive affirmations my outlook on life really changed. I still have days...sometimes even weeks....when I lapse back into past behaviors, but I know that when I 'get back to' my visualizations & affirmations I'll feel better and life will be better. :color: I just started this last year...so I haven't been at it as long as you have, but I'm excited to see where it leads me from here.

BTW...welcome to SF! :D Look forward to getting to know you.

Dean
14-11-2006, 06:48 PM

Ja it's difficult going back into old behaviours and patterns, I do so more often than not. It seems to be a lack of trust on my part

Me
x