PDA

View Full Version : Building fear

3dnow
06-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi forum, :hug3:

Can a very courageous being who knows no fear can become a very fearful person? How?

I think it is possible and it is our fault. If we let fear grow inside us, it grows even more like an avalanche effect and gets out of control. You end up a weak person you don't even remember how and why this happened.

It is also interesting to note that this would mean fear is a big lie. We are lying to ourselves. We "choose" to fear.

This makes sense?

3dnow

themaster
06-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Fear is everywhere 3dnow.. this person you describe..
Can a very courageous being who knows no fear can become a very fearful person? How?

I think it is possible and it is our fault.I do not believe it is possible to be here on this physical earth.. and not have fear in your space.. it is part of the rules/download you get when you get here.. so the idea that a physical human could embody here (by normal rules) and not have fear in there space.. that answer is "not that I'm aware"

So release yourself from any "fault" because I'm telling you.. wasn't you.. and even if it was! :tongue: :D Release.. yourself from guilt.. can't do it wrong, it's just a game.. :smile:

3dnow
06-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Fear is everywhere 3dnow.. this person you describe..
I do not believe it is possible to be here on this physical earth.. and not have fear in your space.. it is part of the rules/download you get when you get here.. so the idea that a physical human could embody here (by normal rules) and not have fear in there space.. that answer is "not that I'm aware"

So release yourself from any "fault" because I'm telling you.. wasn't you.. and even if it was! :tongue: :D Release.. yourself from guilt.. can't do it wrong, it's just a game.. :smile:

Well some people are more fearful than others. I am questioning the reason for this.

I am saying that this is not necessarily because of external events. If you choose to be fearful, you fear.

3dnow

themaster
06-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I am questioning the reason for this.Reason for the existence of fear?

Reason for the existence of fear in this friend/person you’re talking about?

Need to clarify a bit.. what your asking is missing in translation.. :smile:

3dnow
06-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Reason for the existence of fear?

Reason for the existence of fear in this friend/person you’re talking about?

Need to clarify a bit.. what your asking is missing in translation.. :smile:

Yes. Reason for the existence of fear in general.

There will be external events that trigger fear of course. But some will choose to fear some not to fear. This way some people let fear in and become fearful. I guess there is also an avalanche effect, the more you fear the more become fearful etc.

3dnow

themaster
06-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes. Reason for the existence of fear in general.Okay, let's start simple.. do you recognize that reality is created/designed?

Because than I will impart the next step/piece of knowledge.. :smile:

3dnow
06-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Okay, let's start simple.. do you recognize that reality is created/designed?

Because than I will impart the next step/piece of knowledge.. :smile:

Hi themaster, I don't understand your question.

3dnow

Internal Queries
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
i was a lot more gregarious when i was a kid but after awhile my repressive upbringing dampened that inclination. then out in the "real" world when i tried to emerge from my shell i discovered that i'm just too weird to fit into most social situation which causes me to avoid most social situations. i don't fear things like snakes, spiders, rodents or hurricanes but the disdainful expression that indicates rejection on the face of a fellow human can send me packing. and as i'm packing i'm puzzeling because i'm seldom sure what it was i said or did that caused the rejection. lol i feel like an alien sometimes because i simply don't understand the constructs of my society. i don't know how to play the game.

stepspractice
06-04-2011, 02:32 PM
I think that fear - the kind of fear that warns a person - is appropriate. It is an internal warning system. Sometimes people think that this kind of fear should be ignored because it is not "loving." But real fear can save us from danger.

Now there is another kind of fear that so many of us engage in and that is fearful imagination... that is really not helpful. We imagine all kinds of awful things happening.

But real fear... which I sometimes feel as restaint or a sense of dread or just a "gut" feeling - I have started to listen to more closely. I am trying to follow those signals and they are always right on. Sometime I ignore them and then I find out first hand that I should have listened.

I think some of spiritual teachings today are confusing because they teach - "only go with love" and that seeing and sensing a forboding is "fear-based."

But it has been my experience that real fear is there to protect us.

stepspractice
06-04-2011, 02:37 PM
i was a lot more gregarious when i was a kid but after awhile my repressive upbringing dampened that inclination. then out in the "real" world when i tried to emerge from my shell i discovered that i'm just too weird to fit into most social situation which causes me to avoid most social situations. i don't fear things like snakes, spiders, rodents or hurricanes but the disdainful expression that indicates rejection on the face of a fellow human can send me packing. and as i'm packing i'm puzzeling because i'm seldom sure what it was i said or did that caused the rejection. lol i feel like an alien sometimes because i simply don't understand the constructs of my society. i don't know how to play the game.

I can so relate to what you are saying. I have really never felt comfortable here in the world and felt I just didn't fit in. I have come to honor that and realize that I bring something from beyond the world that the world needs.

I remember saying to some friends that I felt like was from another planet because I just didn't "get" what was going on here. Perhaps you do have a heritage from beyond the world... I now know that is true for me.

Its something to explore if you feel moved to. I found my home in a teaching that embraces life beyond our world... the New Message from God. Perhaps it will speak to you on a deeper level like it did me. It was like coming home.

Internal Queries
06-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I can so relate to what you are saying. I have really never felt comfortable here in the world and felt I just didn't fit in. I have come to honor that and realize that I bring something from beyond the world that the world needs.

I remember saying to some friends that I felt like was from another planet because I just didn't "get" what was going on here. Perhaps you do have a heritage from beyond the world... I now know that is true for me.

Its something to explore if you feel moved to. I found my home in a teaching that embraces life beyond our world... the New Message from God. Perhaps it will speak to you on a deeper level like it did me. It was like coming home.

well, i can't say that i believe i'm from another world because my inability to fit into "normal" society is easily explained by my strange upbringing. however, it's possible that my strange upbringing and the resulting social isolation is a stresser that's causing me to evolve into an "other world" entity. **shrug** i don't know. but at least i've come to accept my weird self and find some value in my weirdness. i am fortunate that i have a few friends who accept me as i am and consider my weirdness to be an interesting attribute. of course, they're pretty damn weird too. lol

Ciqala
06-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I think that fear - the kind of fear that warns a person - is appropriate. It is an internal warning system. Sometimes people think that this kind of fear should be ignored because it is not "loving." But real fear can save us from danger.

Now there is another kind of fear that so many of us engage in and that is fearful imagination... that is really not helpful. We imagine all kinds of awful things happening.

But real fear... which I sometimes feel as restaint or a sense of dread or just a "gut" feeling - I have started to listen to more closely. I am trying to follow those signals and they are always right on. Sometime I ignore them and then I find out first hand that I should have listened.

I think some of spiritual teachings today are confusing because they teach - "only go with love" and that seeing and sensing a forboding is "fear-based."

But it has been my experience that real fear is there to protect us.

This is actually a coping mechanism of flight or fight, and has nothing to do with the emotion of fear, yet fear is sometimes added onto flight, which is not a good thing. The internal system has coping mechanisms which act has impulse warnings. Like a deer frozen staring at headlights - that is flight. The deer disassociates, decides to leave. Some people shove their heads in the ground, and decide to run, escape. The body has natural abilities to allow one to escape from any situation that is overwhelming, same as animals. Disassociation is flight. Impulse is flight. This built in coping mechanism is what keeps us out of danger, yet in some cases (like that of the deer) can keep us in danger. It is what helps us program our brains to know not to touch burning elements on the stove, or not to walk mindlessly into oncoming traffic, the same as the impulses of pain which serve to protect us, if we did not have this, we would not know whether or to step into a scalding hot bath tub.
What i am getting at, is this flight technique is not fear. It is a reaction, a response, an impulse, that is natural and life saving.
When you observe a hot element, you do not fear it, yet you know, maybe from childhood, experience, from common sense, that it burns to touch, it does not feel pleasant. As soon as this situation of response escalates into fear, is when fear becomes a problem. A person has a choice whether or not to live in fear from touching a burning element. It can be simply, do not touch that, or it can be, i will never go near a kitchen in my entire life again, built up with unnecessary emotions. Fear is not a coping skill. Flight is. Fear is what stagnates and permits unhealthy living.
If you were robbed on the street, you can response, act, have impulse, either go into fight more, or flight mode. But as soon as it escalates into fear, and you become traumatized, you will not just be cautious walking on the streets, you will be afraid, you may not even walk alone on the streets to get from point A to B ever again, and this problem will persist until it is dealt with.
Fear is a problem, a sickness. It has nothing to do with natural response modes of flight, it is simply illogical, yet so commonly, fear is always grouped into it, people believe it is necessary, peoples reactive time is made up out of extremities of exaggeration of fear. Living in fear is not necessary.
Life saving reaction, impulse and fear are different things.

Another scenario. You have a person in first aid, or someone who saves lives. Someone like myself, who is naturally immune to shock, fear, grotesque scenes, witnessing horrible things, who relies on this fast acting impulse of flight or fight to save lives, who does not react in fear. This is not mindlessness, it is simply reacting without fear. If someone who has a title to save lives, reacts out of fear, they will not be doing any life saving, they will be in shock, they will not be able to react to the situation fast enough to apply life saving first aid or medical help. Thus fear is detrimental. It can in the long run, in severe conditions of fearfulness and anxiety disorders, lead to someone not being able to help themselves, and totally ruining the condition of life for the individual.

So What Causes Fear? Too many things to list.
Fear is like a sickness, a blanket of human tendency, it can be naturally existing coming from the life force, a general fear caused by the forgetfulness of human kind, the separation from who we are truly, caused by feeling of abandonment from Source, which was long coded into our tendencies, part of the plan, connection can erase fear, we build up our own identities, attachments, on the logic sides of the mind. Fear is ego. And fear can stem from many things, childhood upbringings, brainwashing of society, false beliefs we build ourselves, trauma, incidents and obstacles in life.
Fear cannot exist in the presence of love.

themaster
06-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi themaster, I don't understand your question.I understand, you don't understand..

You see the question is "Reason for the existence of fear?"

But to answer that question for you.. I have to tell you why we exist!

Do you see.. it's a inter-related to the story of why FEAR exists! :smile:

Also writing that answer is very long and requires quite a few steps of understanding.. I will go ahead and write the answer for you.. just not now.. little later :D

So there is a reason why I asked you the question.. do you know this reality was created/designed?
There will be external events that trigger fear of course. But some will choose to fear some not to fear. This way some people let fear in and become fearful. I guess there is also an avalanche effect, the more you fear the more become fearful etc.This is a very good observation.. :smile:

Internal Queries
07-04-2011, 03:27 AM
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear
Frank Herbert's "Dune"

athribiristan
07-04-2011, 01:18 PM

I think it is possible and it is our fault. If we let fear grow inside us, it grows even more like an avalanche effect and gets out of control. You end up a weak person you don't even remember how and why this happened.

It is also interesting to note that this would mean fear is a big lie. We are lying to ourselves. We "choose" to fear.

This makes sense?

3dnow

Fear is the opposite of Faith. Where one exists the other cannot. Or more accurately, to the extent that one is present the other is lacking. You are right we 'choose' Fear, mostly because we feel we are unworthy of God and so cannot choose Faith. You are right, we are lying to ourselves....we ARE worthy of God and one who knows this will never exchange his Faith for Fear.

Fear takes over when we doubt God. When we assume that something isn't right or that God isn't paying attention, we open that door and it can be hard to close again.

sound
07-04-2011, 01:32 PM

This makes sense?

3dnow

Its what you believe 3dnow ... it makes a difference ... believe me (they say) lol :hug3:

stepspractice
08-04-2011, 03:19 AM
well, i can't say that i believe i'm from another world because my inability to fit into "normal" society is easily explained by my strange upbringing. however, it's possible that my strange upbringing and the resulting social isolation is a stresser that's causing me to evolve into an "other world" entity. **shrug** i don't know. but at least i've come to accept my weird self and find some value in my weirdness. i am fortunate that i have a few friends who accept me as i am and consider my weirdness to be an interesting attribute. of course, they're pretty damn weird too. lol
I know it sounds strange to say that I have a heritage beyond this world. I don't think I'm from another world in this lifetime but I do think its possible to have had other lifetimes in other worlds prior to this one.

Regardless of where we come from - having those who recognize us for who we are on a deeper level is a blessing. I'm glad you have those few friends who accept you!