PDA

View Full Version : Any equestrians here?

TaoZen
05-04-2011, 05:10 AM
I have been riding for years and years but goddess knows I am no pro

Any other equestrian folk here?

I am a hunter/jumper (changed to dressage after a nasty fall and many injuries)

Just a curious party is all

Silver
05-04-2011, 05:58 AM
I love horses, owned one for 3 yrs in the mid 80's, it ws the best 3 yrs of my life, pleasure casual riding but as a little girl, I used to go outside at night and wish on a star some day to own my own horse. A trainer once said did I ever take dressage and I said no, and he said I was good. When I bought my horse, I took out so many books at the library to be the best rider I could. I'm still horse-crazy just waiting for my moment to come around again.

CJ82Sky
05-04-2011, 08:40 PM
ooooh i have horses! i own 7, sorta an 8th, and am responsible for one rescue who is available for adoption. i founded ever after horse rescue. i do hunter paces, ride with the hunt, jumpers, dressage, and eventing. i also used to rodeo (barrels and poles as well as cattle work) and have a yearling qh (also a rescue that i adopted) who will be my nexty cattle pony i hope!

:)

Jenergise
12-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I've got a horse, she's more my soulmate than my workout partner though, we've been through so many ups and downs...and that all in less than 2years.
We're eventually aiming for driving and dressage though, at the moment we're just out enjoying the countryside and trying to get fit (both her and me!)

musartnova
16-07-2011, 04:28 PM
....got a Donkey, which love, she about 2 years old, now.
..starting to slowly training her. Donkey's take 2/3 years to fully develop.
therfor, don't want to put to much wieght on her, but i do put my daughter on her and walk alittle .... both of them enjoy it !!!

Free Bird
16-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Yep! Although I don't have a horse right now. Showjumping was my thing. Also nothing like a nice hack out on a summers evening.:smile:

Have you ever been on HHO?

katrinabee
16-07-2011, 06:05 PM
I do! I have a horse, her name's Brandi. We all call her Bee (as in katrinabee). She's an 11 year old off-track Thoroughbred, and I love her to bits.
I'm a hunter/jumper. It's so cool that there are other equestrians on here!

SweetCaroline
05-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Helllooo

Me too!! I have 3 horses! One TB gelding, one Boerperd mare and one shetland pony! Used to do showjumping quite seriously but have lost some of my nerve lately.

=)

Makoiyi
21-08-2011, 08:13 AM
I have 5 horses at moment, and some more due next year.

Quest
28-08-2011, 05:15 PM
I have 3 horses at home but I'm trying to find my TB a good home right now. It's hard to let my angel go but I have to do what's right for me. The chores are getting too hard on my body and I need to downsize. I have spent a few sleepless nights over this since I'm just not a person who can sell horses or let them go either. Hopefully I'll find him the perfect home where I can still visit him from time to time to make sure he is well looked after.
I do dressage as well as trails. I have a Han/TB mare as well as another rescue mare which is probably a draft/morgan cross. I'm truly blessed to have found these 3! They are like my children...