PDA

View Full Version : Does darkness redefine light?

nightowl
05-04-2011, 01:54 AM
As you have walked out your path or spiritual journey how often have you walked on a section of the path that was in shadow or darkness? What did you encounter on this leg of your journey and once you walked through it did it redefine what you encountered in the light?

nightowl

TheReason
05-04-2011, 02:09 AM
As they say, there can be no light without darkness. As we can not differ when there are good times if we do not have the bad times too. Also, the shadow moments, when we are walking in the dark - those are the times we learn the most on our journey. We look back on those times when we are in the light, to understand and grow stronger. I also feel like we go through those hard times so that we can help others, and better understand others in the future. If our path was perfect, we wouldn't learn a thing - we wouldn't have any experience to help others, and we wouldn't appreciate the good, light-filled times (because there's no contrast).

I'm not sure if this is what you meant...

nightowl
05-04-2011, 02:35 AM
As they say, there can be no light without darkness. As we can not differ when there are good times if we do not have the bad times too. Also, the shadow moments, when we are walking in the dark - those are the times we learn the most on our journey. We look back on those times when we are in the light, to understand and grow stronger. I also feel like we go through those hard times so that we can help others, and better understand others in the future. If our path was perfect, we wouldn't learn a thing - we wouldn't have any experience to help others, and we wouldn't appreciate the good, light-filled times (because there's no contrast).

I'm not sure if this is what you meant...

TheReason, nicely said...We can learn a great deal when we walk out those shadow times. I think another lesson that can occur is it almost forces us to expand our spiritual reasoning. It helps us develop the spiritual sense we don't normal rely on. One needs both light and dark paths to help them grow. :color: