PDA

View Full Version : Magick tools?

Hazel
04-04-2011, 07:06 PM
:confused: i know what you need and how you use the tools but i dont know anywhere that i could buy them for example the wand i made myself with the handle from the wood of a Hazel tree the tree that goes with my zodiac sign and my choosen wicca name

But i dont know where i could get a black hardback notebook to write down all my spells and information i need, i need to find a white handled knife for use when casting a circle, i need to find a place that sells low price good quality candles and somewhere that i can buy a cloack from for when im doing rituals...

Thanks if you can help me :smile:

Internal Queries
04-04-2011, 07:15 PM
any good office supply store should have hardback notebooks in assorted colors. check your local thrift stores for inexpensive knives. check your local Dollar Store for candles.

you can find cloaks of varying prices by doing a search for Renaisance Costumes. here's a nice one you can buy on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380161025290&hlp=false&rvr_id=223022714930&crlp=1_263602_304652&UA=WXI8&GUID=868a12ce12e0a47a26b01590ffa7dc48&itemid=380161025290&ff4=263602_304652

here's some more available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W4524I/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0029IITVI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0ND67ZAMAAMKEG9JYYMP

and there are a plethora of Renaisance costumers easily found by "googling".

Enya
04-04-2011, 10:53 PM
A good length of cloth or even a curtain (I made one for fancy dress from a curtain) is fairly simple to gather around the neck. Paint the handle of a knife. Cover any notebook with black paper... in short, use your imagination and make your own tools. That way you have something more meaningful.

TaoZen
05-04-2011, 06:02 AM
I am guessing you are looking for a blank book of shadows...

if so then just google that...many places you can go or the office store as said above

Hazel
05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
cool thanks a lot, i'll be sure to look online and in my local stores and if i cant then ill try make my own like Enya said

norseman
05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
There is an alternative, Hazel. I am not wicca but something rather older. My "BOS" consists of objects [ things like pine cones, pebbles, feathers ] and photographs. All of which waken memories - sights, touch, smells, taste, emotions, etc. I even have one set which is just sunsets taken over a whole year. Just a thought :smile:

Hazel
05-04-2011, 04:24 PM
There is an alternative, Hazel. I am not wicca but something rather older. My "BOS" consists of objects [ things like pine cones, pebbles, feathers ] and photographs. All of which waken memories - sights, touch, smells, taste, emotions, etc. I even have one set which is just sunsets taken over a whole year. Just a thought :smile:

Okay thanks for the advice

Internal Queries
05-04-2011, 07:39 PM
i had a sweet and very smart squirrel friend named Hazel. she was 1st wife of my rehabbed boy squirrel Philbert. Hazel did an amazing thing. because of a very persistant kitten i had picked up off the side of the road Philbert had moved his extended family off my land. he came less and less often when i called him until he just didn't come for visits at all. i was heartbroken. i couldn't believe that after 8 years of friendship Phil would never come back so i kept calling for him every day. one day i heard what i believed to be Phil because Phil had a special noise he made when he wanted me to come to him. i followed the Phil call but discovered it wasn't Phil. it was Hazel. i was pleased to see her but a little disappointed it wasn't Phil calling me. Hazel sat on a branch looking at me expectantly. "what's up, Hazel?" says i and she glanced down at the ground. i glanced down at the ground too and there at my feet was a very scrawny and dehydrated little doe fawn, weak and near death.

now consider what this entirely wild squirrel did. she imitated Phil's special call because she knew i'd come to her if she used Phil's call. she knew i'd take care of the fawn. she cared about the life of a baby that was not of her species. Hazel followed a logical line of reasoning, she devised a plan and carried it out and exhibited compassion. amazing!

you've chosen a very good name, Hazel.

PS. the doe fawn, Dana, survived, grew up and was rehabbed back into the wild. she raises fawns of her own on our land.

norseman
05-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Great Stuff, I.Q !:smile:

iolite
05-04-2011, 09:07 PM
:confused: i know what you need and how you use the tools but i dont know anywhere that i could buy them for example the wand i made myself with the handle from the wood of a Hazel tree the tree that goes with my zodiac sign and my choosen wicca name

But i dont know where i could get a black hardback notebook to write down all my spells and information i need, i need to find a white handled knife for use when casting a circle, i need to find a place that sells low price good quality candles and somewhere that i can buy a cloack from for when im doing rituals...

Thanks if you can help me :smile:

Craft or Art supply stores have black hard bound sketch books with thick blank pages without lines. Bookstores like Barnes and Noble and Borders have hard bound blank journals as well as leather bound ones.

Replacement.com sells china and flatware, I was there the other day looking at some fiesta flatware -- they come in a lot of different colors. Another thought: letter openers..they come in all styles!

For the cloak.. check out costume websites (http://www.buycostumes.com/Satin-Cape-Adult/9395/ProductDetail.aspx)..Here's a satin black cape for $10!

Triner
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM

www.somaluna.com has a great selection of candles.

www.13moons.com has a great selection of wiccan supplies.