PDA

View Full Version : How to connect with God or manifest your spiritual reality?

Nictorious
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
I just began my spiritual walk 3 weeks ago. I've been reading many New Thought materials and I think I have a good enough understaning to create the connection, but I just want to get some more opinions.
So I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take some time to give me your opinion.

Thanks

nightowl
04-04-2011, 09:21 PM
For me when I needed to sort out the different things I had read and experienced I sat down and wrote out what I personally believed first. Like for example, what did I believe about;
God, Angels, Evil, Hell, Heaven, Spirits, and so on...it was important for me to base my beliefs on what my spirit already connected to. I aslo wrote down spiritual experiences I have had and how that connects with what I believe. If I may suggest you might want to survey your own beliefs and go from there. Enjoy the journey! :hug3:

Rah nam
04-04-2011, 10:58 PM
No one goes on a spiritual journey for no reason. Usually we have thoughts, intuitions, a little voice inside, we listen to. So, listen inside, follow your intuition. One step after an other.

Ciqala
04-04-2011, 11:01 PM
I think nightowls advice is a great step, at times analytical charts written down can help us brainstorm - my personal advice, is having our minds as a huge white clean canvas leads to growth, and having this mind canvas erased of all beliefs and open to all angles in order for us to receive new direction from the higher frequencies.

To simply be... as you are... connected to your faith... as it is... (without your logic egotistical brain adding on any rules, judgments specifications about what it is you believe as this only impedes growth)

Your hearts and spirits knowing, does not come from anything written down or preached to you, it comes from inside, it comes from internal and external loving power, your experience with this love, will show you what is true, by far more than what any other outside influence can show you.

That being said, always knowing that you have the answers inside you seek, it is still a wonderful idea to gain more knowledge by a mentor or teacher you can trust, or even on these sites, with other individuals who are growing spiritually. Just always know and trust your own connection will lead you where you need to go, never doubt, never fear. You may bind well with a mentor. You may come to find your intuition is strengthened and you can teach yourself, or perhaps you may come to contact your angels/spirit guides or high frequency beings who can teach you a lot.

I regularly cleanse my belief system and wipe out everything I have come to believe starting anew, reborn, fresh, having let go of all huge and small egotistical and false beliefs that may impede my spiritual journey, as well as the ones i once found to be loving, they come back if they are true. We all have many beliefs that become attached to us, such as simple views, that we are unworthy, or our beliefs where impatience stem from, or fearful beliefs that make us afraid, feeding the ego. The main sacred law if there is any, should always be that our beliefs are loving. I find it important to stay open minded, just like a beginner starting out on the sacred road, and whenever possible, let go of all beliefs and simply be. Being, with your higher power, without adding any strings attached.

So of course back in the day, i delved into multicultural belief systems, learning - more like forcing knowledge down my throat impatiently - absorbing knowledge from all belief systems like a sponge, dancing around as many different ceremonies as i could find, i researched every possible angle, and it was very eye opening, to the point i realized paradoxical intent, in the fact every belief system had similarities, that every way that was different, was in fact the same, every side had truth to it.

But the most amazing things that teach us, are our own personal experience.

Where else can you go from here? I would recommend establishing connection, it is as simple as that, all you have to do is pray, or talk outloud, talk in your mind, ask your higher powers, to help you along, to send you guidance, to help you strengthen your spiritual abilities, and help you on your spiritual path and you will be guided to something.
And the next step after communicating to your loving spirit guides/angels or higher powers/whatever - is to become open, listen, watch, view and witness the world around you for your answers.
You could scour your community for meditation groups, spiritual groups, find some resources to help you out.
Gratitude - be grateful for every little thing, be grateful to your existence, your life, your possessions, the earth, to the loving spirits, (everything) and it opens doors to connection, and it also opens doors to viewing all of life as one.
Read as many spiritual and inspiring books as you can find!
Learn as much as you can to widen your horizons.
And simply be. Simply spend time with the connection you seek, and it will strengthen.
I wish you all the light, love, luck on your journey! There are so many things you can do, and i am sure many here have many more suggestions!
Connection to God, or manifesting your spirituality is spending time with it.

Nictorious
06-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks to all of you for your opinions. I'm taking my spiritual walk seriously to I really appreciate your help.

Ciqala, I love everything you wrote. I feel like printing out the entire post. Its a confirmation of all the stuff I've been reading. I like what you said about cleansing your belief system. According to the stuff I've read, that seems to be a powerful technique. I don't know how powerful because I just began my spiritual walk, but I'm definitely looking forward to doing a thorough research on the effects our beliefs have on our experiences. Many of the materials I've read have said that to connect with God we have to change our thoughts, beliefs, and actions to be in harmony with God. I also liked what you said about the importance of having loving beliefs. They say God is love. Bhakti Yoga teaches that devotion to God and directing love to all things leads to connection with God. That made a lot of sense to me because prior to learning that I experienced a higher level of consciousness after repeating loving affirmations. I will definitely refer back to your post. Thanks!

I'm going to list some of the things I learned about how to become connected and I want to get some opinions on these things:

- Put God first in your life.
- Disciplined and righteous living strengthen your faith allowing you to make miracles.
- Be helpful to others, be in service. If you serve life, life will truly begin to serve you.
- Believe in your spiritual reality and it shall become real for you.
- Change your thoughts to be more in harmony with God. For example be more loving of your environment, people, God, and yourself. Believe that everything is working out for good because you are connected. Be more compassionate, etc.

Do you think applying these teachings will do the trick? How powerful are they really? Do you have an interesting experience with applying one of these teachings?

Thanks!

bbr
06-04-2011, 04:54 PM
- Put God first in your life.
- Disciplined and righteous living strengthen your faith allowing you to make miracles.
- Be helpful to others, be in service. If you serve life, life will truly begin to serve you.
- Believe in your spiritual reality and it shall become real for you.
- Change your thoughts to be more in harmony with God. For example be more loving of your environment, people, God, and yourself. Believe that everything is working out for good because you are connected. Be more compassionate, etc.

Do you think applying these teachings will do the trick?Hi Nic. A couple thoughts, the first being a question: What is "God," and where is the thought coming from that compels you to place "God" first? What does that even mean? If you're a religious individual, I understand where you're probably coming from. But if you're opening up to a more spiritual view of life, then you can feel confident knowing that everything we do is an aspect of "God" or creation or oneness.

Neither is there a need to be more in harmony with God or more loving towards God. If we are striving to bring consciousness to our every word and action, we are already fully "in God." In fact, even when we're not fully awake in that sense, we are still and always "in God" because we cannot be "out of God."

Every thought, every action, every deed, every flick of the pinkie finger while drinking tea, is "God." :smile:

Emmalevine
06-04-2011, 05:41 PM
My spiritual experiences and understanding really expanded when i began to meditate. All the books in the world couldn't have lead me to believe what I've experienced, so I would definitely say meditate if you can...and remain open to whatever you might experience.

Roselove
06-04-2011, 08:14 PM
i've found the more i heal my issues and raise my vibration i am merging with my higher self, guides etc

Shabda
06-04-2011, 08:26 PM
it's very easy to say, but much harder to put into practice, however, there is only one key to God or any spiritual path, and it is very simple, simply Love...

zipzip
06-04-2011, 09:35 PM
it's very easy to say, but much harder to put into practice, however, there is only one key to God or any spiritual path, and it is very simple, simply Love...

Shabda, you hit the nail on the head.

A few months ago, I was extremely connected. Everything was working out and it was amazing. I felt so alive! Then it kind of subsided......But while I was connected, I was so in LOVE with everyone and everything. People asked me how/why I was so happy all the time.....And I told them....you gotta just be LOVE...... and it was working for me. I finally understood what all this spirituality stuff was all about.

A couple nights ago, I got an award at work. It was for the time frame that I was connnected.

The next day, I had these overwhelming sensations and vibes of why I got that award. I was all about the LOVE. I noticed the day after I just kept getting these little signs about LOVE. lol. I need things in 3's....Finally I got the message; go back to the LOVE. It was working for me. ...lol.

Sometimes it isn't that easy, but I tell you, when I was really feeling it, it worked. Everything worked out for me....it was amazing...it's all about the LOVE....I may sound like a weirdo, but I don't care....it works....and God gave me a message

:hug3: zipzip

Enya
06-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks to all of you for your opinions. I'm taking my spiritual walk seriously to I really appreciate your help.
Oh my! Don't take it too seriously! :wink: Leave plenty of room for love, light and laughter... above all, take JOY in all you do and discover.

Shabda
06-04-2011, 10:29 PM

A few months ago, I was extremely connected. Everything was working out and it was amazing. I felt so alive! Then it kind of subsided......But while I was connected, I was so in LOVE with everyone and everything. People asked me how/why I was so happy all the time.....And I told them....you gotta just be LOVE...... and it was working for me. I finally understood what all this spirituality stuff was all about.

A couple nights ago, I got an award at work. It was for the time frame that I was connnected.

The next day, I had these overwhelming sensations and vibes of why I got that award. I was all about the LOVE. I noticed the day after I just kept getting these little signs about LOVE. lol. I need things in 3's....Finally I got the message; go back to the LOVE. It was working for me. ...lol.

Sometimes it isn't that easy, but I tell you, when I was really feeling it, it worked. Everything worked out for me....it was amazing...it's all about the LOVE....I may sound like a weirdo, but I don't care....it works....and God gave me a message

excellent~! i love to hear these sorts of stories, simply amazing...one thing you said there was very important in my opinion, to BE Love, that will literally change everything...just start with what you have, and dont let the mind tell you that one is spiritual and the other simply human, just use what comes naturally, and it will build...even those times when things get rough, and love isnt so easy to give, know that these are just challenges that exist to help one attain the next level, where Love is even greater, and more ever present, ever interacting...one starts with whatever sort of love they are capable of, and if they simply express it, with no thought of reward, day after day, it becomes a habit, and a good one, and before you know it, you ARE Love, Love in action, a thing of beauty, and it is most often through this way that God makes It's presence on earth known to us, through us...

Simon Karlos
06-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by zipzip

excellent~! i love to hear these sorts of stories, simply amazing...one thing you said there was very important in my opinion, to BE Love, that will literally change everything...just start with what you have, and dont let the mind tell you that one is spiritual and the other simply human, just use what comes naturally, and it will build...even those times when things get rough, and love isnt so easy to give, know that these are just challenges that exist to help one attain the next level, where Love is even greater, and more ever present, ever interacting...one starts with whatever sort of love they are capable of, and if they simply express it, with no thought of reward, day after day, it becomes a habit, and a good one, and before you know it, you ARE Love, Love in action, a thing of beauty, and it is most often through this way that God makes It's presence on earth known to us, through us...

Deep appreciation! Perfectly said, Shabda, and ZipZip, my friends. :wink:

zipzip
07-04-2011, 03:57 AM
thanks, Shadba and Simon.

It's all about the Love.

athribiristan
07-04-2011, 12:38 PM
When I wanted to develop a personal relationship with God, I started by really examining what God meant for me. I do not follow the Christian God, or that of any other religion or dogma that I have found. I wanted to find the most basic definition of God and work with that. On that note, some of what God is for me include:

God is the Primary Cause

God is the Creator

God is perfection

God is all the Omnis (omnipresient, omnipotent, and omniscient)

God is All and One

God is immune/exempt from paradox

God is Love

I found that by laying out what God meant to ME, I was much more able to connect with Him. Hope that helps

athribiristan
07-04-2011, 12:43 PM

Yes, when I accept that all is as it should be things go much more smoothly for me as well. Love and Faith have been my greatest guides.

Evaah
07-04-2011, 04:31 PM

I'm happy you brought this up! I'm in a period of slight "detachment" after having been absolutely in awe in regard to the Creator. I didn't experience all the love that you experienced, but it was still a mystical and overwhelming time... I'm eager to return to that connection. For me, it was more based on creation... it seems my life is more about creation than ever before. Just seeing Creator in everything, feeling it in everything, feeling the immense sense of love when you make the connection... it's too beautiful for words.
Thanks to you both for bringing this up. I feel more devoted now to the Creator.

In response to the OP's question, though: the connection... it's something you have to figure out on your own. Take me, for example. I was introduced to a lovely text (Book of Earth for those who have heard of it) here on this forum not that long ago. When I read through all of it (100+ pages in Word!), I knew this was the Creator I believed in. As a result, I worked to make the connection. The way I see it: you either work to make the connection, or you don't. You're not wrong either way. The Creator/God/Source obviously won't reprimand you if you don't work to connect with it.
So take your time. If I may quote the Book of Earth: "The Truth is visible in everything that I have created. I wish you would gradually start seeing instead of looking, listening instead of hearing and over-standing instead of understanding. The Truth is not beyond your grasp. The greatest Truth is even closer than you may think: it is already within you, waiting for you to excavate it."

Much love. :hug3:

Miss Hepburn
07-04-2011, 04:51 PM
I just began my spiritual walk 3 weeks ago. I've been reading many New Thought materials and I think I have a good enough understaning to create the connection, but I just want to get some more opinions.
So I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take some time to give me your opinion.

My opinion is you are so lucky/blessed to have been lead to New Thought!
You will find most anything you may have a question about reading anyone
in New Thought.
Not many are aware of this link ----just by googling New Thought a whole incredible world opens up of insight, clarity, wisdom -
Joel S. Goldsmith*
Catherine Ponder
Charles Fillmore
John Randolph Price*
Anthony DeMello
Ernest Holmes* - my God the list goes on!!!

Congratulations.
:hug2: Miss Hepburn

* Superbeings
Practicing the Presence
Conscious Union With God
Can We Talk To God ?
The Thunder of Silence
The Infinite Way....

Evaah: Do you mean M. Kellogg's fantasy novel? Do you have a link to it of some kind? Thanks.

Evaah
07-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Evaah: Do you mean M. Kellogg's fantasy novel? Do you have a link to it of some kind? Thanks.
Ah, no, actually. The user Sira posted a link to it here a while back. It's apparently a series of messages she channeled from Creator/Elohim/God/Source. She tried to publish it a while back, but no one wanted it, so she put it up for free here: http://www.luxonia.com/stories/56-the-book-of-earth (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.luxonia.com%2Fstor ies%2F56-the-book-of-earth)

Miss Hepburn
07-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Ah, no, actually. The user Sira posted a link to it here a while back. It's apparently a series of messages she channeled from Creator/Elohim/God/Source. She tried to publish it a while back, but no one wanted it, so she put it up for free here: http://www.luxonia.com/stories/56-the-book-of-earth

Many many thanks, Evaah!!!
:smile:

tainamom
07-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I agree with many of the posters. I started a bit over 2 years ago and although for many, many years, my religious upbringing always talked about love, I never knew how to connect to that Source of Love (and Light). Eventually I was taught to go through the heart - to follow the feelings of joy, peace, expansion that comes from the heart and through the entire body. It's not following the images, the sounds, etc., but by following the FEELING which made a huge difference for me in learning to connect. The brain is very strong and keeps going back, but I remind myself to feel the joy and love in my heart and to let it flow. When I've had a long day or I've been grumpy and didn't do my Open Heart Meditation or techniques to get into the love, I have to do it to calm myself down and to feel the love again.

My teachers were really great at teaching me this and I'm so glad to finally know HOW to let that Pure, Unconditional Love in my life.

:love1: :love1:

zipzip
13-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Yes, when I accept that all is as it should be things go much more smoothly for me as well. Love and Faith have been my greatest guides.

well said, Athribiristan.

zipzip

zipzip
13-05-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm happy you brought this up! I'm in a period of slight "detachment" after having been absolutely in awe in regard to the Creator. I didn't experience all the love that you experienced, but it was still a mystical and overwhelming time... I'm eager to return to that connection. For me, it was more based on creation... it seems my life is more about creation than ever before. Just seeing Creator in everything, feeling it in everything, feeling the immense sense of love when you make the connection... it's too beautiful for words.
Thanks to you both for bringing this up. I feel more devoted now to the Creator.

In response to the OP's question, though: the connection... it's something you have to figure out on your own. Take me, for example. I was introduced to a lovely text (Book of Earth for those who have heard of it) here on this forum not that long ago. When I read through all of it (100+ pages in Word!), I knew this was the Creator I believed in. As a result, I worked to make the connection. The way I see it: you either work to make the connection, or you don't. You're not wrong either way. The Creator/God/Source obviously won't reprimand you if you don't work to connect with it.
So take your time. If I may quote the Book of Earth: "The Truth is visible in everything that I have created. I wish you would gradually start seeing instead of looking, listening instead of hearing and over-standing instead of understanding. The Truth is not beyond your grasp. The greatest Truth is even closer than you may think: it is already within you, waiting for you to excavate it."

Much love. :hug3:

Evaah,

I' m so happy that you have found your way and it's working for you.

I loved "over-standing instead of understanding" and "the truth is inside you" Well said.

zipzip

northstar
13-05-2011, 05:59 PM
the gods have always been, are, and always will be with you... whether you meet them personally is up to them, its not always necessary... so just do what you are doing... you have your list, your philosophy, now go out and live life by them... look yourself in the mirror each night and ask 'did i live a good life today... and i think you're good to go... go out now... and enjoy the creations...