PDA

View Full Version : reincarnation vs. spirits

SunMist
01-04-2011, 05:36 AM
How is it that spirits can be contacted via mediums and interact with those they've left behind and yet reincarnation also be real? Do spirits hang around until everyone they knew in life is dead and then move on to their next life? I'm a strong believer in reincarnation but also have talked to psychics and mediums who do seem to legitimately contact spirits who have passed over. Anybody feel like they know how this works?:confused:

nightowl
01-04-2011, 05:42 AM
Wow, what a good question!!:icon_thumleft: Sunmist, I will be anxoius to see what answers you get.

nightowl

tragblack
01-04-2011, 06:24 AM
How is it that spirits can be contacted via mediums and interact with those they've left behind and yet reincarnation also be real?

People take different amounts of time between incarnations?

Or the mediums aren't really contacting those they say they are... or they are lying.

Another possible answer is that time is not linear in that respect-- that aspects of our soul can perhaps be contacted by a medium and not be noticed by us-- the part that remembers the past life, like in hypnotism.

Do spirits hang around until everyone they knew in life is dead and then move on to their next life?

Perhaps with some, but not all.

lifer76
01-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Th way I understand it is that we are one of many personalities of our higher self and sometimes personalities just stick around, I don't think that we as an individual personality come back.

Greenslade
01-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Reincarnation doesn't always happen right away. It could be days or it could be hundreds of years between incarnations. I'm on my seventh and my first was on Atlantis, so that means there must have been quite a time period between some incarnations.

Quagmire
01-04-2011, 06:39 PM
I saw a program where some people who claimed to have sixth sense where asked to find out who were buried a certain place. One of them stated that this could be an impossible task if the spirit had moved on to a new life.

Gauss
01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
How is it that spirits can be contacted via mediums and interact with those they've left behind and yet reincarnation also be real? Do spirits hang around until everyone they knew in life is dead and then move on to their next life? I'm a strong believer in reincarnation but also have talked to psychics and mediums who do seem to legitimately contact spirits who have passed over. Anybody feel like they know how this works?:confused:

Actually I believe loads of people reincarnate as spirits in their next life. That is one station in Samsara it is said.

Felynx
01-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I believe that most of the time people have a choice about when to be reincarnated. Well,its not like an instantanious thing, theres kind of a waiting list. It gets complicated, but people can hang out on the astral planes for a while. Its not like you die and get reborn as wquickly as possible (though this is what usually happens with non-believers, children, non-superstitious types, ect).

SunMist
02-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Interesting ideas, thank you all! So it seems the consensus that you all think that reincarnation and time spent as spirit in between are compatible. I've been reading books by mediums lately and it's had the wheels spinning for me wondering about the recently departed and the ancestors farther back like great great grandparents - are they around? do they care or need to be acknowledged? Hmmmm....

Greenslade
02-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Interesting ideas, thank you all! So it seems the consensus that you all think that reincarnation and time spent as spirit in between are compatible. I've been reading books by mediums lately and it's had the wheels spinning for me wondering about the recently departed and the ancestors farther back like great great grandparents - are they around? do they care or need to be acknowledged? Hmmmm....

Care isn't in question, SunMist. Yes they do, more than you can possibly imagine. As to them being around, that depends on a lot of different things. As Spirit they're walking their Path and you're walking yours. In the context of mediums and messages - which is where I think you're coming from - they will try and get a message to you if they think it's needed.

Guard
11-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Reincarnation doesn't always happen right away. It could be days or it could be hundreds of years between incarnations. I'm on my seventh and my first was on Atlantis, so that means there must have been quite a time period between some incarnations.

Just curious...It seems like whenever I see people describe a past life, it often occurred during a widely known historical event. (Atlantis for example) I am not doubting you, but how come you never hear things like you were born in 1973, worked at a 7-11 for 10 years then got a job at a bankm, got married, had 2 kids, and died of cancer. Seems like a normal life to me, but never hear this in reincarnation accounts. Why would this be?

P ersonally want to be believe in reincarnation, but it is things like this that always give me doubts. I am not intending you are not accurate, but wantd to say my take.

Felynx
11-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Memories tend to act in a way where the more impressionable and interesting it is to the person, the easier it is to remember. It takes a more experienced medium to be able to recall bland memories from a past life.
For example, you probably dont remember what happened in November, in whatever year you were four, but you probably remember more mentionable times of that year. Basic memory works very much the same as past life recollection. Im sure many people come across bland memories of past lives, but subsequently theres never much reason to mention them.

Greenslade
11-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Some people like to think they 'were somebody' in a Past Life. It's as though there were a dozen Marilyn Munroes. While I was Atlantean I wasn't anyone special, and I remember a Past Life where I worked in a woollen mill. Being Marilyn Munro in a Past Life sounds more exciting a Past Life than a woollen mill worker. Somebody had to be MM, but it wasn't me :-)