PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if you have reached/attained enlightenment?

Sangress
01-04-2011, 12:07 AM
And what is enlightenment anyways?

I always thought it was a figure of speech which revolves around peoples perceptions and opinions....

What do you think?

CuriousSnowflake
01-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Anyone who says "I am enlightened" is full of beans, and equally full of the hot air beans create. If there is anything that could be called "enlightenment", it would be full grokking of Oneness, yet to truly, fully grok Oneness, one would have to no longer be individual, and thus there would be no person to become "enlightened". Thus the whole concept of enlightenment is like the serpent eating it's own tail; once it achieves it's goal, it winks out of existence.

CS

Rah nam
01-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Some seam to think, understand, reaching enlightenment is some ultimate state of being, where in fact it is only one small step toward the light, still not understanding that all is one, equal on all levels. And the light is the only state there is. Those of the dark only have to be convinced to move to the light.

Roselove
01-04-2011, 01:58 AM
i guess i personally define it when you lift the viel so to speak and are at peace with it, I think it's impossible for someone on this dimension to be completely enlightened though.

tainamom
01-04-2011, 02:55 AM
from what i read and what i'm taught, enlightenment is a general term used. generally, most people think that enlightenment is when the kundalini core reaches the crown chakra, but there's much more past that. even if the kundalini passed the highest level, yoga is much, much higher from what i'm told.

btw, people who have actually reached yoga will never say they did, but i believe, with all my heart, that there are people on earth right now who have already attained this and are working in the capacity that Source wants them to work. their lives are now dedicated to serving True Source.

Enya
01-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Before enlightenment, carry water, chop wood.

After enlightenment, carry water, chop wood.

In other words, it doesn't stop there, so why worry about it?

God-Like
01-04-2011, 01:34 PM
How do you know if you have reached/attained enlightenment?

Hi Sangress .

I think the saying goes ... .

You don't know when your enlightened . You only know when your not . .

x daz x

Merlin6
02-04-2011, 08:00 AM
I think it was Lobsang Rampa who said:

"The path is known to those who find it."

Merlin6

Moon Willow
02-04-2011, 08:30 AM
The more i know, the more I realise there is more to know ...so not sure that you ever 'reach' enlightenment. Just my thought for the day - blessings!

athribiristan
02-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Anyone who says "I am enlightened" is full of beans, and equally full of the hot air beans create. If there is anything that could be called "enlightenment", it would be full grokking of Oneness, yet to truly, fully grok Oneness, one would have to no longer be individual, and thus there would be no person to become "enlightened". Thus the whole concept of enlightenment is like the serpent eating it's own tail; once it achieves it's goal, it winks out of existence.

CS

Unless, by virtue of Duality, we can be both separate AND one with all at the same time. Within one, many and within many, one.

athribiristan
02-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Enlightenment

Light - a particular form or energy, or something lacking weight (which makes sense since light is weightless)

Enlighten - to bring light, or to become less cumbersome

Enlightenment - the state of having been enlightened

How do you know? Everyone knows. The hard part is admitting the truth to yourself. What is your motivation? Are you motivated by self or by spirit, and to what degree. If you can honestly answer this question for yourself you know exactly how enlightened you are.